Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,548 members, 7,955,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:06 PM

2nioshine's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 2nioshine's Profile / 2nioshine's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 11 pages)

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee by 2nioshine(m): 1:13pm On Mar 16
Dreal4mula:
Please who can paste the Lagos centre address?

I need to be there. I can’t just be waiting without action
Hope you were able to take the test.....
Too bad I couldn't respond on time, My lady had same issue, but was finally able to reach them for her details few hours to the test. Worst is that it wasn't through any of their contacts on their mails cause those were dummy contacts. but those on some old dragnet site.
It is really poor for an organization like dragnet.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by 2nioshine(m): 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2021
Prettypearl021:
@2nioshine
Please sir any info for GT from the inside?
I don't have any info beside my last update.
Education / Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by 2nioshine(m): 12:11pm On Aug 05, 2021
osasalfred4:

To be sincere, some people are just behaving like they didn't do undergraduate and know how school system works, Senate have to to readjust the acedemic calender to include our set. Have u seen a school operating without acedemic calender? So we will just begin classes without knowing when lectures will start and end? No time table? No deadline published?

When any information is given out, especially from those who do so voluntarily, as one who have gone through "undergraduate", it is left to use your discretion to sieve out what you feel is right or better still give your input or findings rather than trying to discredit others effort or being insultive
Career / Re: COREN Registration Thread by 2nioshine(m): 9:50am On Jul 29, 2021
micgray100:
PLEASE HOUSE... CAN A COREN REGISTERED CIVIL ENGINNER SIGN THE REFREE PROPOSER FORM FOR NEW COREN APPLICANT WITH OTHER ENGINEERING DISCIPLINE LIKE MECHANICAL AND AGRIC ENGINEERING....?

REASON........I HAVE SOME YOUNG ENGINEERS FLOODING MY OFFICE FROM ABU, ZARIA OVER SIGNING THEIR PROPOSER FORMS BECAUSE THEY HEARD I AM FINANCIALY UP TO DATE WITH COREN...
Off course you can
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by 2nioshine(m): 1:07pm On Jul 28, 2021
Timon4real:
Thanks for the reply.
Well, I'm part of the batch that completed the psychometric test 3months ago although the opening was advertised last year December. Since then no reply.
I was thinking the travelling/training will have to stop since the refinery startup was said to be late this year/early next year. That's the training can be carried out here upon completion of the project.
Thanks for the update.
Prior to the second wave, about two batches were being prepared for trainings at different refineries at same time. which was usually not the case, same system may ramp up the numbers and pull in all on the waiting for the training when things gets better. stay patient and never idle while you wait, you will need this virtue lots more when you get into the system fully.
Amidst the COVID situation, there hasn't been any official reason for the delay in the oversea training.

3 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by 2nioshine(m): 10:51am On Jul 27, 2021
Timon4real:
Boss, any info as regard the executive trainee programme for the refinery?
Any recent intake so far
The ET scheme mandates all intake to undergo an oversee refinery training upon appointment of duty before confirmation, and this has been greatly affected by the COVID situation , the last recruited, over a year now are yet to travel, including another batch that are yet to resume. Hopefully when things gets better or if there is a change in the management's decision on training, the process should be much faster.

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by 2nioshine(m): 5:06pm On Jul 26, 2021
lilyogo:
Please i want to confirm if this is how dangote usually send out their interview invite across to applicants because i can't remember applying for any job there and this is the invite i got from there. Want to be sure is genuine so i don't waste transport going there.

Good day Candidate,

On behalf of Dangote Project Limited, we are pleased to invite you for an interview. Below are the details of the schedule;

Venue: Dangote Refinery Site.

E Block 19A,

Free Trade Zone, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos

Date: Thursday 5th August, 2021.

Time: 8 am.

Please, it is very important that you come along with the documents listed below:

A copy of any recently taken passport photograph.
A copy of your recent Resume.

A). Academic credentials (originals and photocopies)

University degree, NYSC, WAEC, Primary School Certificate, and Birth Certificate
Relevant Certification and training stated on your CV.
B). Proof of work experiences indicated on your CV (originals and photocopies)

Last 3 months pay slip from your most recent employer.
Appointment Letter, Redundancy Letter/Acceptance of Resignation Letter or Certificate of Service and other relevant official letters from Past and Current Employer as stated on your CV.

Kindly acknowledge the receipt of this mail and endeavour to come along with a copy of this mail

Contact phone

Acknowledged. Thank you for the opportunity
Show quoted text

Every information in there seems valid, and yes invite may come in that way especially for project roles. I guess you should clear up personal details when posting stuffs like this online.

1 Like

Career / Re: COREN Registration Thread by 2nioshine(m): 6:10pm On Jul 13, 2021
Unityp:
One copy of the work experience report must be summited at least two weeks before the interview;I believe this is what we are both talking about.U don't need to upload it during registration as far as it's summited two weeks before the interview.

You only have to submit one report now and that has to be on your interview day. Although it wasn't so previously.

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 2nioshine(m): 11:25pm On Jul 30, 2020
I noticed frequent delayed shifting/drag on my gear while in motion, it doesn't select fine and sometimes the car doesn't move while in drive except you shift to the lower/manual drive or you turn off the engine and restart..I noticed these signs shortly after changing the engine.

Pls can this still be fixed or should I consider a replacement. I have spent so much already.

It is an early model of Honda and. Automatic drive
Any recommended gear expert I can contact in Lag?

Cc
luvinhubby
nas00
thebigkendo
Gazzuzz
And any other guru who can be of help....
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: N-Power: Sadiya Farooq's Message To Batch A And B Beneficiaries by 2nioshine(m): 2:09pm On Jul 01, 2020
Danniedpastor:

Yes, it's possible.
There are people that live on 10k salary and they are doing fine (at least,the feed and also pay rents). It depends on your location and ability to manage your little resources.

I've survived on 8k salary with a wife and kid and we didn't die.(Though,it was a struggle ,life itself is a struggle until you succeed)

Unbelievable!
That is like saying you lived on N260 daily with your wife and kid.... That is below 90 naira per meal even if your landlord allow you to live for free, and you have no other responsibilities, please don't call this doing fine and don't wish it for anyone

2 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Refinery Salary Scale For Engineers by 2nioshine(m): 4:27pm On Jan 24, 2020
Monmarri:

But I taught u are working in Dangote from your post.

I don't work for Dangote CEMENT
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Refinery Salary Scale For Engineers by 2nioshine(m): 7:01am On Jan 21, 2020
Monmarri:

Please do you know how much they pay experience graduate at Dangote cement? My friend had series of interview with them and the last was medicals. He was told that they cannot afford his salary and promise to get back to him, till now he has not heard from them. Is there any hope for him? Thank you

I really have no information about this. If I do, I will update on this post.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by 2nioshine(m): 1:14pm On Nov 18, 2019
bello2527:
HOW REAL IS THIS INVITE BECAUSE IS NOT FROM COOPERATE EMAIL AND PHONE NUMBER IS NOT OFFICIAL NUMBER
CALL UP FOR INTERVIEW
Inbox
x

Projects Faculties
Tue, Nov 12, 3:08 PM (1 day ago)

to ssvsan_2000, bcc: me

Dear Candidate

We are in receipt of your CV.

You are hereby invited for Interview on 15th Nov 2019 (Friday) at the address given below.

Dangote Refinery Site
E Block Office, 19A
Free Trade Zone
Ibeju - Lekki
Lagos

Contact person : Ms. Blessing,

Phone number : 08142780600

Time : 8 AM

While coming for the Interview you should bring below mentioned documents WITHOUT FAIL.

1. Fresh set of updated CV
2. Original and Photocopy of all Educational Certificates
3. Original and Photocopy of Service Certificates from all Companies where you worked.
4. 2 Passport size photographs
5. Offer Letter and latest 3 months payslip if you are currently working.
6. Print out of this mail as proof of Call up for Interview

All originals will be returned to you after verification.

PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT IF INTERVIEWS COULD NOT BE COMPLETED ON FRIDAY (15TH NOV 2019) IT MAY ROLL OVER TO NEXT DAY I.E., SATURDAY (16TH NOV 2019) AND YOU ARE ADVISED TO COME PREPARED FOR THE SAME.

Best wishes

If you applied for any position then it is fine...the refinery recruits project staffs frequently and the interview may be conducted at the site. and yes that office address exist at the site, and you have gat most of the site HR there(maybe you may need to edit the contact off ur post),
But note whatever role if true is different from the Executive/Engineer trainee role, that follows a different process/HR system. Sorry I couldn't give my input earlier
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by 2nioshine(m): 11:54am On Sep 20, 2019
keytoneOfSongs:
Please I need clarification. Do you mean the Refinery and Fertilizer recruitments are separate and some candidates will be shortlisted for fertilizer training while some others will be shortlisted for refinery training?

You have said it all
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by 2nioshine(m): 11:35am On Sep 20, 2019
Femi11cf:
Can you remember how the visa interview went?

Have you been to........ before?
Do you know any one there?
Stuffs like that.....nothing serious, you just sign a few docs afterwards and that is all.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by 2nioshine(m): 6:24pm On Aug 30, 2019
keytoneOfSongs:
Please I need clarification. Do you mean the Refinery and Fertilizer recruitments are separate and some candidates will be shortlisted for fertilizer training while some others will be shortlisted for refinery training?

...A single recruitment governs both, but they are two different thing entirely....The basis of selection is what i can't say
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by 2nioshine(m): 2:52am On Aug 24, 2019
Easy499:
Please which discipline is going for interview now? Chemical Engineering?
I noticed you and some others tried sending me PM but for personal reasons my email address is not linked to my account.

Chemical and mechanical had their interview today. The refinery and petrochemical project is a mega project so more hands will be needed and much more towards startup.

For Concerns
Those called for medicals were a few from this recent batch(speaking of Refinery, i can't say for fertilizer)that had interview/ psyc just recently, and surely much more will be called as needed. Patience and faith is the key.

A lot of people don't like commenting here, and worse is if you are already a staff and it involves divulging sensitive info(in a bid not to violate any of the company's policy by chance).some of us still do because we know how it is like to wait with limited info, we all went through same and it is normal.

I hardly visit this section of NL, so may not be able to reply comments outside my mentions

2 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by 2nioshine(m): 9:34pm On Aug 15, 2019
Femi11cf:
I'm supposed to be part of the next batch that's why I'm asking for info. I apologise if I've caused any offence with my questions

Even after your Visa interview at the embassy(which i doubt if you guys have done) you may still have to wait for a month or more for your visa to be processed and inbetween you will be invited for an induction and probably site visit before travel( It is not a one month thing)....so you shouldn't get tensed when speculations are made...
Provided you have done your medicals, the chances of not getting a first hand information is really slim except the medicals isn't successful which is rare.

3 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by 2nioshine(m): 11:32am On Jul 23, 2019
Uricas:

Thanks for your input. Will there be psychometric feedback message before medical? Or the medical message directly?
Just for clarification.

The next mail after psychometric is the medicals. Usually a call or a text with a follow up mail and it is independent of your psychometric date( ie it can be anyone from any batch on the list) so it can be faster for some and longer for some others

2 Likes

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by 2nioshine(m): 10:16am On Jul 23, 2019
francanthony:
Ok, thanks. Lastly, I heard they can pick from any of the stages of the recruitment, e.g from interview straight to medicals, from your experience during medicals, did you come across such persons.

Thanks
If it was then when psychometric sometimes comes before interview this would have been true. Although your interview performance plays the deciding role in the process.

But still for the executive/Engineer trainee, you get a mail after a successful interview for a psychometric test before medicals. They may be few exceptions but am yet to see one.

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by 2nioshine(m): 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2019
francanthony:
Can they pick more than 20 from this ongoing recruitment but different batches?

I really can't say. It depends on the management and some other factors.

The numbers selected is usually far more than that and splits into Refinery and fertilizers( both trainings are done outside). Usually a few may be selected to join any awaiting batch and the others arranged for subsequent arrangements.
I can't say for this recruitment, am not part of the HR team
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by 2nioshine(m): 1:16pm On Jul 22, 2019
BlackHummer:

I know, but the portal says they just need 20. Hmmmn. What do you think bro?

Funny enough we didn't exceed that number during our time..The project is big but everyone can not be sent at same time.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Petroleum Refinery Engineering Trainees 2018 Recruitment by 2nioshine(m): 5:10pm On Mar 07, 2019
Brodu0099:
Exactly... when you listen you learn. And as per TST or whatever, its better tell on trial to reluctant

I really don't understand how mailing a firm with your details when you are not asked to, give you a chance into the next stage of the process. it is either you are inferring the HR doesn't know their Job or you are only trying to increase their work load.

The process is usually slow, some waited for over 2yrs before they were finally called. the flip side is that it is always worth the wait.
Business / Re: Please Help Me Convert Men's Shoe Size 40 To USA Men's Size by 2nioshine(m): 1:22pm On Dec 04, 2018
European :39 40 41 42 43 etc
US :6 7 8 9 10 etc
UK :5 6 7 8 9 etc

So size 40 should be size 7(US).
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Refinery Salary Scale For Engineers by 2nioshine(m): 12:35pm On Nov 17, 2018
chetmann:
Please I was called for interview on 31st may, any idea if the follow up takes so much time? Have they employed anybody from that period? Please I need your answer.
Just want to point out that the recruitment process has nothing to do with the time you were Interviewed. It could be fast or slow pending on how urgent staffs are needed for the role.
I was Interviewed around same time as well actually weeks after and now with them already. Majority of my colleagues were peeps from previous yrs. So just relax and focus on other stuffs.

The pay is above all figures quoted on this page for a Gt upon confirmation. So it may be better for an experienced role.

1 Like 1 Share

Programming / Re: Programming Language For Football Prediction Sites. by 2nioshine(m): 1:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
Python could do that if you want to build from scratch, that is using Machine learning Algorithms to build a model that does the prediction... Tho alot of APIs have been designed in several other languages that i believe could handle this...
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by 2nioshine(m): 10:26am On Oct 03, 2018
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August by 2nioshine(m): 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2018
youngllchamp:
Ok. Thanks for your reply. How long does it take on the average to receive an offer/employment letter. Like how many weeks did it take most people.

From 2months to about 2years....... It depends on the need for staffs, especially when a batch awaiting travel needs to be filled(can be less than 2mnts in this case). And anyone from any stage can be called, I don't know how the selection is made.

Estimate 6mnts from next month and you are likely to get the nxt travel date, meaning a fresh batch is expected to have been called for medicals and offer before then(the medical and offer mail comes together in most cases) ...

Just an attempt to give a rough idea of how i believe the system works for a GT role .. But still every thing depends on the hr/recruitment team
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by 2nioshine(m): 1:44pm On Sep 25, 2018
whiiteroses:

Please do you have any info for those waiting for medical?

When i had mine, we were told more people will be called, and it will be in batches....... I believe people will be called based on need, because alot of people are still waiting at different stages of the recruitment....

I also waited months before i got called, and some of my colleagues waited for almost a year....
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by 2nioshine(m): 12:19am On Sep 25, 2018
chetmann:
about 150k for fresh graduates.

The pay depends on alot of Factors, but basically on where your training is to take place(Nigeria/abroad)

The amount up there may be applicable to other dangote group or other entry level positions but certainly not this.

Just to add, when assumptions are made it is best to make it known. That way people won't be misguided
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Dangote Petroleum Refinery Engineering Trainees 2018 Recruitment by 2nioshine(m): 3:10pm On Sep 16, 2018
cuteomot:

Pls help a sister.
I don't quite understand the 87 long thread.
My email is cuteomot@yahoo.com
Thank you
I wish i could be of help, but i really don't have materials (just an attempt to answer all Pm's sent to me)

Firstly you might want to follow all related thread to gather more experience.

The recruitment started a few years ago so you shouldn't expect much online. The questions are not the regular aptitude test questions you find online, except for the verbal part and i doubt if you can get them so easily, except of course if someone took a screen shot during the exam which is almost impossible too

MOCKCAT sets the questions, their question pattern is similar to those found on indiabix.com . Spend time to study all topics on the syllabus sent to you(at least attempt few questions from the text books and those found on indiabix )

Pray to your God, be mindful of time, and note it is a negative marking system.

Ps: everything up there might be different for this recruitment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 11 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.