Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,037 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! - Romance (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! (70890 Views)

Good Ere On How To Know A Gay: ''IF Your Boyfriend Doesn't Have Side Chick... " / My Boyfriend Doesn't Have Time For Me / Can You Date A Guy Who Doesn't Have Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by ayokujero: 7:51pm On Mar 20, 2016
I can't see any sense in this write-up. This write-up shows how poor the lady who write this is. Shallow minded and a gold digger. A woman who sees a man as a stepping stone will not progress. But a woman who sees a man as an added advantage will progress. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by demolagilbert: 7:51pm On Mar 20, 2016
Sounds plausible in theory, but not 100% practicable..cannot be cast on stone. Ask the average gentleman, and he'll also tell you he would rather wait and work towards building a befitting life before considering starting a family, but you forget that this same gentleman is under pressure from a woman somewhere who is also under pressure from a family somewhere to get married. Fact is most guys would rather wait, but in reality waiting isn't solely his call to make. Also you have to consider the environment and the prevailing economics, in Nigeria today even a hardworker with a fairly average income may only be able to achieve such a feat with years of prudence and savings. If i am 28 and it will take me about 3 yrs to save up to get a decent apartment and a decent car, would my girlfriend who is 27 be willing to wait for me till she's 30 to tie the knot? Those who have had sad tales on this subject matter would give you a unanimous answer. And what's more the greater part of the population may not even have it this good. And lets even say, you do manage to get these volatile securities, what happens when you lose them? Does that also mean the end of marriage? In reality, these things do not work that way. What is most important is two people meeting, and working and striving and planning towards being the best they can be, day in day out. That to me is the whole point. And by the way, i became even richer when i got married. The right person brings out the best in in you, jnspires you and vice versa

1 Like

Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by streetzdreamz(m): 7:52pm On Mar 20, 2016
Vinshu:

No not really. I'm actually an Economist.
your thread is the best piece have read this year on nairaland,thumbs up....marriage and making kids should be the last set up in a mans life,people ask me about kids and i tell em its the last thing on ma mind,marriage aint even close until i achieve ma goals,if everybody can strive to attain a fixed goal in life before marriage and kids,poverty rate dwindles and life gets a bit easier, everybody wanna marry, have kid cuz thats what the society wants,heck!!!they bring innocent kids into a harsh world and the struggle begins all over again,a never ending cycle......i hope people see the truth and benefits in this thread.......
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by ginteriors: 7:55pm On Mar 20, 2016
Specialbaby:
life has evolve the stage of sitting down and waiting for a guy and shitting babes out like watery stool,majority of ladies these days are making plans on how to better their lot and making headways but that not withstanding,no sensible and focus lady will settle for a guy with the future sha be bright mentality!

If i am working and toiling to better my self,what prevented the guy from doing so?see ehn,poverty is a curse,try being broke and you will hate your existence!

What if the ready made rich guy becomes broke by loosing his job after some years of marriage? We have seen several cases like that dear. Some of my brothers and friends either had no job or being grossly underpayed before they got married. But they had a great future as industrous young graduates which they continued to pursue. Thank God for their wives that saw hardworking men with a future and a hope. Their lives are now better than many of their friends who 'were made' before they got married. A guy can be rich today and somehow become poor tomorrow. Will you then run away if the tide turns against the rich guy?
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Asable(f): 7:55pm On Mar 20, 2016
So in other words I wouldn't have been born, if my mum was waiting for my dad to get a car and build a house before marrying him shocked wow that's so scary.. or not wink
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Danfuster(m): 7:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
olihilistic:
at least we won the derby today

True... Quite a compensation
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by litaninja(m): 7:56pm On Mar 20, 2016
Biko, hungry olosho...you, yes, you....Where is your fathers own house? Abi no be you dey follow conductor drag 20Naira change now now
Please note, The cost of Waist Trainer and house are not the same oooo

Vinshu:
In order to reduce the level of poverty amongst homes, in my opinion I think a man who has not enough money to buy a house of his own not rent at least a 3 bed room flat and a car to move him and his family around should not get married.

When he gets married in his low credit, the family tends to suffer. The probability that he will get rich is actually 0.5 not up to 1 because Sundry expenses will now become expenses when married. Things he could ignore when single will now be important.

When children arrive, the probability of getting rich falls to an all time low of 0.2. Have you observed that most men have a higher credit score when single? If you have $500 at the end of every week when single if your job/income doesn't change or upgrade when you get married your $500 falls to $200 because you no longer feed yourself but feed a woman and probably a child.

When the child grows older school fees will set in. And other bad debts will be incured .

Don't get me wrong, I ain't saying he will never make it but in the mean time, why bring a child to the world to suffer? Even if it's for 6 years before you make it? Why take a woman from her father's comfy house to hardship in the name of marriage?

I advice ladies never to get married no matter how cool a guy is unless he is proven to be able to cater for your needs and that of your children financially in all ramifications both expenses and sundry expenses.

It doesn't make any sense, what you enjoy when single as a lady why stop enjoying it because your husband has no money or your money now goes to supporting him?

They say women ain't equal to men. Ok let the men be rich and rich enough to take care of their wives 101% before getting married. In fact, studies show most men marry for sex.
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by joseph1832(m): 7:57pm On Mar 20, 2016
Creamish:
This criteria should be restricted to marriage.

A man needs to be financially able to take care of his family before having one. This will help with his pride. Even if he does not have a car, he must have a home. The woman is there to support him ..not taking up d position of the breadwinner except of course sth goes wrong in the course of the marriage ...eg..d man loses his job..
Only a fool goes into marriage without having a house. However, I've seen men who get married without having a house, they bring their wife to live with their parents.

OP does have a point...maybe not totally to everyone's tastse but a man who isn't financially stable will develop complex issues when the woman is the breadwinner..no matter how noble her intentions. There might also be a room for insults when d woman continuously remains the breadwinner.
I'm glad you agree that some of today's women can be vamps, as soon as they start providing for the family, things change...

During the days of our parents, our mothers married our fathers even though they don't own squat.

Guys need to understand that taking care of a home financially is primarily their duty. That's d pride of being THE man! Ur woman is ur backup and support...sticking by u thru thick and thin.
Of course, the emboldened can't be over emphasized. A man provides for his family, every thing is A.O.K. The man looses his job, the woman takes over and bullsh1t start flying...
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 20, 2016
I strongly disagree with you. My uncle married and gave birth to six children while living in the three rooms my father gave them. He later got promoted alongside his wife, they built their own six rooms with boys quarters, bought two cars and all the children are graduates. Marry a man of vision and not a man of television.
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by GBYB: 7:59pm On Mar 20, 2016
Vinshu:
In order to reduce the level of poverty amongst homes, in my opinion I think a man who has not enough money to buy a house of his own not rent at least a 3 bed room flat and a car to move him and his family around should not get married.

When he gets married in his low credit, the family tends to suffer. The probability that he will get rich is actually 0.5 not up to 1 because Sundry expenses will now become expenses when married. Things he could ignore when single will now be important.

When children arrive, the probability of getting rich falls to an all time low of 0.2. Have you observed that most men have a higher credit score when single? If you have $500 at the end of every week when single if your job/income doesn't change or upgrade when you get married your $500 falls to $200 because you no longer feed yourself but feed a woman and probably a child.

When the child grows older school fees will set in. And other bad debts will be incured .

Don't get me wrong, I ain't saying he will never make it but in the mean time, why bring a child to the world to suffer? Even if it's for 6 years before you make it? Why take a woman from her father's comfy house to hardship in the name of marriage?

I advice ladies never to get married no matter how cool a guy is unless he is proven to be able to cater for your needs and that of your children financially in all ramifications both expenses and sundry expenses.

It doesn't make any sense, what you enjoy when single as a lady why stop enjoying it because your husband has no money or your money now goes to supporting him?

They say women ain't equal to men. Ok let the men be rich and rich enough to take care of their wives 101% before getting married. In fact, studies show most men marry for sex.
Egbami ke! This one doesn't know what is happening in Nigeria o. Just shouting dollar up nd down.

You better wake up! This is NIGERIA not AMERICA. House nd car? before even thinking of dating?

Kukuma add paradise too. A car, house nd a sure ticket to paradise (for the lady) after death.

Even our mothers who almost worship our fathers... In short! Just carry ur wahala nd go...

1 Like

Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by August17(m): 8:00pm On Mar 20, 2016
Blessed are those who know where their life for start for they shall inherit the earth
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Certifiedboss: 8:01pm On Mar 20, 2016
Vinshu:

You're very wrong and very very wrong . Very little amount of guys earn above 150k for a start . You don't get promotions yearly . How do you think a guy can build a house within 5yrs if he's doing something legit. The truth is , only scammers (yahoo boys ) can satisfactorily acquire things you listed that a guy must own before marriage . I'm no saying guys don't do legit jobs to build houses at young age but it's very very few . In other t have a stable family what you should suggest is for the women to get themselves to work . The man is the head doesn't mean the woman should stay lazy and watch the man provide everything the family needs. In this tough economy every man needs a wOman that's capable of bringing something to this he table . I mean every man in a legit struggle needs a supporting wife to pull through . If the guy is earning 150k and you the woman can earn 100k the family will do perfectly okay and can afford a car in a year . And can afford to get a house in the next 5yrs . What you should be talking about is women taking the challenge . For you as a man to be able to care for every challenge you must have put in up to 10yrs where you're working to be earning above 500k . For you to be able to put in 10yrs then you should be about 35yrs of age or more . Only very few guys get a job that can start them off with something above 400k and those are guys who were lucky to get the chevron jobs . And chevron and it's likes don't take up to 50 new staffs in Nigeria every year. What do you say about the other thousand guys who graduate every year ? The country is tough and a man need a working partner that brings something to the table . Once again.you're very wrong to say girls should stay away from a guy if he have not gotten his own house . If you go by that then majority of the girls will have to settle with men above 50yrs cos it's men thay age that are sure to must have gotten the goals you made compulsory for a man to possess before a girls should stick with him .

2 Likes

Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by enny4real23(m): 8:01pm On Mar 20, 2016
Vinshu:

No not really. I'm actually an Economist.
you should read 'superfreakonomics' and 'think like freak' they use economics to explain human social behavior in a crazy out-of-the-box way, you'll appreciate it
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by anigbajumo(m): 8:01pm On Mar 20, 2016
adeaks:

And the majority of girls who will support this are lazy, gold diggers who are only looking for already-made men that they can just pop out babies for without any thought of adding something tangible to the guy's life.

Real G,most of em are nofin bt broke ass ladies that are ready for gold-digging.
All they want is to open their legs' make dick enter and continue to milk guy dry.

Specialbaby dis guy don reach over 500likes,sign of contexs wif lots of sense.
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by adeyinkasegun(m): 8:01pm On Mar 20, 2016
This just a 2 fighting den & 1 person will suffer it most! If to hold on untill acqured car & house b4 getting married den d ladies will suffer nw bcs guys fill marry @ any age & stil av a kids but ladies hmmmmmmm! I dey fear menopause Oooooooooooo!
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 20, 2016
i m even suspecting ur dad dont have a house. noteby; i never read d post.. idiotic gals
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by MrIyke222(m): 8:03pm On Mar 20, 2016
Vinshu:

U re just seeing tins 4rm ur parochial nd pesimistic point of view. Wot u bliv in is wot wil dfinatly work 4 u!!!
As far as ur eyes can see, so can u achive.
And if ure a christian nd undstnds God's word very wel, u'll knw dat ure completly wrong.
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by MIGHTYMAN82(m): 8:04pm On Mar 20, 2016
Vinshu:

shai under 13 child don full nairaland no wonda i 4 say
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by fromnigeria(m): 8:04pm On Mar 20, 2016
Vinshu:
In fact, studies show most men marry for sex.
Why do they remain promiscus if they marry for sex??

You are 10% right and 90% wrong

1 Like

Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Smellymouth: 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2016
The rate of asslickers on NL is getting too enormous.
Tufiakwa!! Some dudes tho

1 Like

Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by banmee(m): 8:11pm On Mar 20, 2016
Vinshu:

Just by reading this i can deduce two things;

1. You are still in your teens.

2. You are a gold digging who.re or going to be one.

The concept of building a home with your spouse is lost to you. I and a lot of my friends met our wives when we had nothing. Living in one room apartments, no car, nothing. Now, we have everything we could ever need. We built it together. You want a ready made man. Don't come crying when he begins to treat you like a slave.

1 Like

Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by ayokujero: 8:11pm On Mar 20, 2016
God give some women sense. [b][/b]
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by GodblessNig247(m): 8:11pm On Mar 20, 2016
Vinshu:

My father wasn't "Rich"! He was able to cater for himself, his wife, Myself, and my 3 Brothers and 2 sisters. Six Kids! Thats what matters. Don't modify my post. I never said a man must be "Rich". Riches are dynamic depending on the individual

What abt the house and car? hope he had his own house before getting married
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by tommychow(m): 8:11pm On Mar 20, 2016
kaziblake:
Who doesn't like the good things of life?
Some guys aren't worth the stress.

I know a lady that suffered and stayed with a broke guy till he made Money,when money came, he realised the girl wasn't his type.

Can you listen to yourself? "I know a lady"...A LADY O, not women, a lady and you fixate your mentality on what happened to "a lady".

What are you gonna say now? That you know more ladies?
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Sunlad16(m): 8:12pm On Mar 20, 2016
But you are not God. Olorun ti o da enu ni ibu ti mo nkan ti o ma fi sibe
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Victorkenz35(m): 8:12pm On Mar 20, 2016
Any lady that takes to your Advice might end up setting up a notice board (HUSBAND NEEDED) at the entrance of her gate!! undecided
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Shedybliss98(m): 8:14pm On Mar 20, 2016
HAVEN'T YOU HEARD THAT SOME PEOPLE BEGINS TO SUCCEED IN LIFE IF THEY GET MARRIED TO THE RIGHT WOMAN, WHO WILL ADD MEANING TO THEIR LIFE, INSTEAD OF DEPLETING HIS OZONE LAYER.

1 Like

Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Creamish(f): 8:14pm On Mar 20, 2016
joseph1832:
Only a fool goes into marriage without having a house. However, I've seen men who get married without having a house, they bring their wife to live with their parents.

I'm glad you agree that some of today's women can be vamps, as soon as they start providing for the family, things change...

During the days of our parents, our mothers married our fathers even though they don't own squat.

Of course, the emboldened can't be over emphasized. A man provides for his family, every thing is A.O.K. The man looses his job, the woman takes over and bullsh1t start flying...

My friend moved into her hubby's family home and was turned to d maid by hubbyz mum n sisters. Hubby is a mamaz boy.. His family stuck their noses in their business and ofcourse D marriage Dint last.. Y risk it? Get ur own place...even if its a face-me-I-face-u..

Yes I admit some women can be foolish when they assume the role of the breadwinner...

Times have changed from that of our father's. No one says u must be bouyant...at least have a place and if y'all are OK soaking garri 3 times daily, who are we to complain?
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by bezimo(m): 8:14pm On Mar 20, 2016
Just like a number of folks commenting on this thread, When my dad married my mum.He neither had a house or car. Though he had an accommodation and a maneagable income.But my mum saw a future.
Today he owns cars, houses and landed properties and his children are all trained some to bachelor level, some to masters level and doing fine.

Where did they come from?

The Op is highly misguided and is a comfirmed gold digger.
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by pasco30(m): 8:16pm On Mar 20, 2016
Ladies you have heard na so keep staying single until you meet a man that can provide for you and possibly your family.
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by Gmatspecialist: 8:20pm On Mar 20, 2016
May be this OP needs to know that man is not created because of money, but the other way. Sometimes we need to be rational in our thinking and the fact that you're raised with silver spoon should not make you think LIFE is that easy..
Re: Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! by tedimola(m): 8:21pm On Mar 20, 2016
OP, pls how old are you?

I am asking, cos ur post stinks of Immaturity.

U've not experience life atall, that's why u'll post this.

U'll realize how stewpeed ur post is when u come of age.

Ciao.

NB: Same reply goes to anybody in support of this post. No pun intended.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply)

MC Narrates How A Bride Offered Him Sex / Man Took A Lady On A Date Without Having Much Money. See What Happened Next / Cheat On Me I Will Slice Your Dick Like Onions, Eat It With Pepsi- Sexy Oge (Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.