Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook (62757 Views)

N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page / Igbo Girl Murders English In Facebook Post... / Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by ebony3soul(m): 11:34pm On Mar 21, 2016
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by pamcode(m): 11:40pm On Mar 21, 2016
I weep for English language
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by baslone: 11:47pm On Mar 21, 2016
Nah wah oo

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by banmee(m): 11:51pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:
As far as u get wat he meant. Its ok. We are not oyinbos. So we are all learners.

Say that at an interview, I guarantee they'll employ you. They'll understand that English is not your first language.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by banmee(m): 11:52pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:
and so what? Do u knw d kind of background he had? Even if d university is sopoz to be a learning ground, do u tend to av learnt everything? So, forget it,no one is perfect. Do u knw what education is? Education is what u learn from womb to tomb. So,as far as u exist,u will continue learning. D fact dat he cnt construct simple and correct sentence does not make him an unqualified graduate.

Seriously?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by fqudus(m): 11:57pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:
during my university days,there was dis lagos boy dat speaks english fluently. Wenever a lecturer asks question,he wud be d first person to stand up and be blowing yeye grammar.dat was wen we were in 100L. So fast forward to first semester 200L. Lecturer wud ask question but dis guy will not answer. So everyone became so inquisitive. Den we asked a very close friend of his why d guy had stopped talking in class. Den d friend told us d guy's carry over has no limit. Den dia is dis dimeji guy who wud never talk in class cos he cudnt speak fluent english. Wenever we av presentations,it was alwz a tug of war for him. Do u knw Dimeji graduated with a very strong 2.1? And d grammarian Ife graduated with 3rd class. D fact dat one cannot speak fluent english does not make unqualified. Go speak to Doctors,most of dem cannot speak fluent english
So because demeji that couldn't speak fluent english graduated with a strong 2-1 means you don't have to be fluent in English or because he graduated with 2-1 makes he qualified
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 12:08am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
As far as u get wat he meant. Its ok. We are not oyinbos. So we are all learners.

Nope. Not an excuse. So long as you are a graduate from a university and your courses weren't taught in your indigenous language, you should speak better than this. I can't blame him completely though. I can only imagine what kind of education he got. Afterall, they say most students are only a reflection of their teachers.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by sademola: 12:12am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
during my university days,there was dis lagos boy dat speaks english fluently. Wenever a lecturer asks question,he wud be d first person to stand up and be blowing yeye grammar.dat was wen we were in 100L. So fast forward to first semester 200L. Lecturer wud ask question but dis guy will not answer. So everyone became so inquisitive. Den we asked a very close friend of his why d guy had stopped talking in class. Den d friend told us d guy's carry over has no limit. Den dia is dis dimeji guy who wud never talk in class cos he cudnt speak fluent english. Wenever we av presentations,it was alwz a tug of war for him. Do u knw Dimeji graduated with a very strong 2.1? And d grammarian Ife graduated with 3rd class. D fact dat one cannot speak fluent english does not make unqualified. Go speak to Doctors,most of dem cannot speak fluent english
This is not about fluency but HUGE inability to COMMUNICATE! It's a shame for any SS3 student to write this, not to of talk a university graduate!!!

2 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Leopantro: 12:12am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
can u now c dat u are no way better dan him? Dis statement u av just made is wrongly constructed

Since you are from the same University let me help you.

Can you now see that you are not better than him? This statement you have just made is constructed wrongly.

I believe (not) you are also a graduate. Kindly read what this jambite wrote and compare to the person you have been defending.

I've gone through the guy's Facebook page and if he speaks as bad as he writes then abandon all hope, England language.

GOOD LORD. it just hit me. The guy you have been defending would soon go for NYSC and will be posted to a school to teach.
FATHER IN HEAVEN, SAVE THEM

https://www.nairaland.com/2988802/jamb-release-answer-scripts
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Mekky2010: 12:14am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:

So if you have a son in primary 6 and u ask him to write a letter his uncle explaining what happened in school today and the young lad ended up writing something like this, u ll simply shake his hand and say he is not oyibo.

If I hear ....

2 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by mrkings84(m): 12:18am On Mar 22, 2016
Even as a graduate of fishery agriculture??
Abi dem day use English throw net for river??
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:44am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
and so what? Do u knw d kind of background he had? Even if d university is sopoz to be a learning ground, do u tend to av learnt everything? So, forget it,no one is perfect. Do u knw what education is? Education is what u learn from womb to tomb. So,as far as u exist,u will continue learning. D fact dat he cnt construct simple and correct sentence does not make him an unqualified graduate.

Well I dont understand how he can have graduated in ANYTHING if he is unable to make himself understood. Any educated 12 year old could do better than this. To be fair we don't know the context of the conversation which would allow us to infer much more of the meaning but even so it is still quite poor. Can you imagine a CV or job application written in this manner?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:59am On Mar 22, 2016
Jacobx007:
English is ONLY a language and nt a basis for intelligence! Ever wondered why the chinese can manufacture a product bt cannot write good english on the manual?
I want to see a MANUFACTURING Africa not English GRAMMAR Africa. We couldn't acquire DOLLARS cos we are busy chasing Grammar grin grin grin grin grin grin

Any successful business (manufacturing or otherwise) requires staff who can communicate clearly, concisely and unambiguously otherwise the job will not be completed properly or the product manufactured to specification. I guess that lets this guy out of any such business.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by justmenoni: 1:11am On Mar 22, 2016
All universities graduate must be professional English speakers!! Pls edit ur comment unless you're indirectly saying those studying yoruba,igbo,French etc are not graduates..

quote author=thesicilian post=43967077]
That is a very poor mentality to have. He's a university graduate for Heaven's sake![/quote]
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Gebbson007(m): 1:27am On Mar 22, 2016
n e go say e no c work,only pmb cn explain HW e passd waec
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Zenlife: 2:22am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:

Of course it not only makes him unqualified, it makes him an embarrasment, a sour representation to a higher institution of learning and a sad pupil to all his tutors to date. A shameful 'leader' of tomorrow. Now, how the fvk did this person gain admission to an institution of higher learning or graduate from high school? His schools went through him, An indictment to the Nigeria's education system.
If it walks and quacks like a duck, it most likely is a duck.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Mayflowa(m): 3:13am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:

I take exception to this. Those who cannot speak English well do so well in their languages of communicaction like Germans, French, Chinese etc

This guy went to school all his life using English for both verbal and written communication, yet he put this up there and claim to be a university's student.

Education is not dead, it is this guy that is near dead!
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Caseless: 3:25am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
if the poster was from the north, you won't say this. You'd have flooded this thread with the caption : "product of quota system" and ur ilk will be here rolling out 'likes' to you. A graduate sounding like that and you have the guts to type this nonsense.

You are shameless!
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Caseless: 3:27am On Mar 22, 2016
Zenlife:

Of course it not only makes him unqualified, it makes him an embarrasment, a sour representation to a higher institution of learning and a sad pupil to all his tutors to date. A shameful 'leader' of tomorrow. Now, how the fvk did this person gain admission to an institution of higher learning or graduate from high school? His schools went through him, An indictment to the Nigeria's education system.
If it walks and quacks like a duck, it most likely is a duck.
that girl you quoted is senseless!
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 3:31am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:

That totally makes him less than qualified, English was the official language of instruction in that school, how did he learn?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by guiddoti: 3:39am On Mar 22, 2016
Mabel12:
Saw This On FB Please What Is This Graduate Trying To Explain ?

Actually saw this on facebook and am like could this be an end time graduate lol
why not ask the writer itself?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by livinbygrace: 3:39am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:

If you are the CEO of a company and you received such a letter from applicants would you employ such ?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by guiddoti: 3:52am On Mar 22, 2016
theshaderoom:

Seriously? You honestly think it's ok for a graduate to write like this? Wow!
nope! A case of: when English man needs learn English.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by guiddoti: 3:58am On Mar 22, 2016
mrkings84:
Even as a graduate of fishery agriculture??

Abi dem day use English throw net for river??
grin
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by obyrich(m): 4:23am On Mar 22, 2016
Jacobx007:

Yea! They write very well cos they don't have to learn it!! U must understand one thing my friend, 90% of the way we pronounce words in English is wrong , I mean perfect oral english. Now how many years do we have to keep learning English b4 we become PERFECT? Maybe the next 100 years Lol
So am nt justifying anytin for him oooo! All I want is for us to place less emphasis on English, cos we really need to start producing
No one is making a case for PERFECTION here. We are talking about a UNIVERSITY graduate who could not write simple sentences. That's the height of mediocrity! I am very sure, you will withdraw your kids from their school if you discover that their teachers write the way the guy you are defending does.

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by obyrich(m): 4:29am On Mar 22, 2016
engrkenny:

That totally makes him less than qualified, English was the official language of instruction in that school, how did he learn?
Imagine, someone who was instructed in the English language for over 16 years, wrote exams, tests, seminars, term papers, assignments, reports and project, could not string words in simple comprehensible sentences! Haba. So what really makes one a qualified graduate?

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by obyrich(m): 4:35am On Mar 22, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

Well I dont understand how he can have graduated in ANYTHING if he is unable to make himself understood. Any educated 12 year old could do better than this. To be fair we don't know the context of the conversation which would allow us to infer much more of the meaning but even so it is still quite poor. Can you imagine a CV or job application written in this manner?
I took my time to visit the guys fb page. He has many such hard-to-comprehend posts. To think that the guy is adorning NYSC uniform on his DP! I pity his students.

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by obyrich(m): 4:43am On Mar 22, 2016
Funkychic:

And how did u know dat he is a graduate ni?
A visit to his FB page will convince you. The guy is a serving youth corps member.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Itannooluwa(f): 4:57am On Mar 22, 2016
thesicilian:

That is a very poor mentality to have. He's a university graduate for Heaven's sake!
Tell dem oh.....Owo wogbo(Money ablaze)
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by dollarlander: 5:41am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:

You be mumu o and you will say you graduated you did not get job. If this is your mentality then you can never be employable.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 6:03am On Mar 22, 2016
Fvck the English, and English.

Bro, please, spoke on...
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Roseey0(f): 6:05am On Mar 22, 2016
Your English depends on your secondary school.

He is talking about cultism/Prostitution and how God will punish all of them that engage in the art. My own interpretation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ladies Pour Water On UNIBEN Final Year Student / Man Disguised As A woman, Sneaked Into Female University Hostel In Port Harcourt / Overhead Water Tank Falls Into Pre-Nursery Classroom In Anambra, Kills 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.