Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,442 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook (62760 Views)

N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page / Igbo Girl Murders English In Facebook Post... / Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Timbuktu14(m): 8:20am On Mar 22, 2016
tete7000:

Madam hope you know I am not here to write a test of English? If I am, I will definitely do better than you. I was simply correcting an erroneous impression. Also for your information, your spellings are jaundiced; no English marker marks those spelling correctly for you. However, I still maintain that a graduate should be good in the use of both spoken and written English language. If you disagree with me, your own thinking too must be warped. I can't leave you with little and upcoming children; you will end up not motivating them to aspire for excellence. You will simply tell them it is enough to be a mediocre. grin cheesy
Very funny but true! cheesy cheesy
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by tete7000(m): 8:22am On Mar 22, 2016
Timbuktu14:
Very funny but true! cheesy cheesy
Thank God we have a meeting point. Good morning.

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by sweetlily2818(f): 8:24am On Mar 22, 2016
debbydee:
i dont think he is a graduate.
for heavens sake what is going on.
very funny,
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Ifebazz(m): 8:24am On Mar 22, 2016
mrspeaker:
He is a graduate,what about it? What about countries that they dont speak english at all and yet they are living large. He may be very brilliant and not good in writing but in speaking. With the level wey naija dey for now, guy no be by graduate men dey take survive oo.
People like you are the ones Wike and Amaechi are roasting in the name of politics. Just dumb from the womb.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by missjahiniekpe(f): 8:24am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
and so what? Do u knw d kind of background he had? Even if d university is sopoz to be a learning ground, do u tend to av learnt everything? So, forget it,no one is perfect. Do u knw what education is? Education is what u learn from womb to tomb. So,as far as u exist,u will continue learning. D fact dat he cnt construct simple and correct sentence does not make him an unqualified graduate.
The importance of English language in schooling cannot be over emphasized that's why i wonder how he became a graduate with that kinda english.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Timbuktu14(m): 8:25am On Mar 22, 2016
Ifebazz:

People like you are the ones Wike and Amaechi are roasting in the name of politics. Just dumb from the womb.
You are wicked cheesy cheesy
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Ifebazz(m): 8:31am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
hold on to ur belief. What I knw is dat 50% of uni graduate cannot speak fluent english and doesn't make dem less qualified. PERIOD
We're not of the opinion that they should speak like Pierce Morgan or David Cameron, but write and speak simple and correct (passable) English.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
"should be" y not "can" life itself is a learning process,someday,he will be able to.

I understand your angle on this, but you are not understanding mine dear.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by busterr(m): 8:33am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
during my university days,there was dis lagos boy dat speaks english fluently. Wenever a lecturer asks question,he wud be d first person to stand up and be blowing yeye grammar.dat was wen we were in 100L. So fast forward to first semester 200L. Lecturer wud ask question but dis guy will not answer. So everyone became so inquisitive. Den we asked a very close friend of his why d guy had stopped talking in class. Den d friend told us d guy's carry over has no limit. Den dia is dis dimeji guy who wud never talk in class cos he cudnt speak fluent english. Wenever we av presentations,it was alwz a tug of war for him. Do u knw Dimeji graduated with a very strong 2.1? And d grammarian Ife graduated with 3rd class. D fact dat one cannot speak fluent english does not make unqualified. Go speak to Doctors,most of dem cannot speak fluent english
stop making an ass of yourself jooor. if you can't construct a simple sentence you're not fit to be a graduate.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by cardoctor(m): 8:33am On Mar 22, 2016
What a road of Lubbish,
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by VajanahDischaj(f): 8:38am On Mar 22, 2016
thesicilian:

That is a very poor mentality to have. He's a university graduate for Heaven's sake!
he didn't go to the university to study English. what if he was there for a course based on fishery or some other skilled course?

if you wanna blame his communication skills then investigate back to his primary school and beyond, even to his home.

this is why I don't advice schooling in your state. you will get stuck to your native dialect(not bad) for life like our yorobahmen!
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by beajjay(m): 8:58am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
during my university days,there was dis lagos boy dat speaks english fluently. Wenever a lecturer asks question,he wud be d first person to stand up and be blowing yeye grammar.dat was wen we were in 100L. So fast forward to first semester 200L. Lecturer wud ask question but dis guy will not answer. So everyone became so inquisitive. Den we asked a very close friend of his why d guy had stopped talking in class. Den d friend told us d guy's carry over has no limit. Den dia is dis dimeji guy who wud never talk in class cos he cudnt speak fluent english. Wenever we av presentations,it was alwz a tug of war for him. Do u knw Dimeji graduated with a very strong 2.1? And d grammarian Ife graduated with 3rd class. D fact dat one cannot speak fluent english does not make unqualified. Go speak to Doctors,most of dem cannot speak fluent english

Doctors Most of them??
Screen your comments please, your example doesn't depict what we have up there....
A graduate that can't even spell wicked correctly?? Maybe we should even ask for his final grade? I bet u don't want to know....
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by salam1(m): 9:07am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
As far as u get wat he meant. Its ok. We are not oyinbos. So we are all learners.
I understand his message honestly it where to b som1 from d north DAT wrote dis, dey wount know DAT oyinbo is not our mother tongue
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Leopantro: 9:07am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
congrats, d grammarian. Go and claim ur cash prize with ur grammar. Dull

You did better this time but Let me correct you again.
Congrats, THE grammarian. Go and claim YOUR cash prize with YOUR grammar.

Remember, practice makes perfect.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by thesicilian: 9:11am On Mar 22, 2016
VajanahDischaj:
he didn't go to the university to study English. what if he was there for a course based on fishery or some other skilled course?

if you wanna blame his communication skills then investigate back to his primary school and beyond, even to his home.

this is why I don't advice schooling in your state. you will get stuck to your native dialect(not bad) for life like our yorobahmen!
Was the fishery taught in Ijaw or some kind of fish language?

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Timbuktu14(m): 9:13am On Mar 22, 2016
thesicilian:

Was the fishery taught in Ijaw or some kind of fish language?
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by babaireti(m): 9:19am On Mar 22, 2016
Only in OTUOKE can you find this
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by thesicilian: 9:20am On Mar 22, 2016
Heart2heart:
the french and spanish certified engineers in my company who has the laurels of ivy schools under their cap and yet cannot flawlessly communicate in english, are illliterates i guess. by your own standard and reasoning. I just dont know why this part of the world see the ability to speak english as a yardstick to measure once's intellectual exposure and capability. Yet, in your i-too-sabi-speak english attitude, your own indigenuous dialect is rolling to oblivion and extinction. Yet in your over-sabi mode, little kids in the western world who can barely communicate in the so called english parlance are breaking through in technology and science. They grace the highest honorable podium with their INTERPRETER to receive prestigious global awards, but you are here bragging how good you are in speaking one foreign language that is not urs. Just one! many people speak up to 5 different languages, is it because the briton imposed his on you by telling you how trashy urs is? travel to USA, and see whites studying ur language. ur very own language which u are ashamed off. Please being a graduate does not translate to not being culpable of verbal incongruity in your communication with english...
Don't embarrass yourself young man.
First those Spanish and French expatriates you talked about can speak their own lingua franca fluently, ours here is English.
Second, I speak my own native language fluently, in addition to English.
Third, any who can speak or write so badly in his country's official language has a big question mark on each and every one of his certificates.
Fourth, anyone who defends such should be shot in the head.
Finally, have you noticed any fellow NDU (ex-)student coming out to defend him

2 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Olomubj: 9:20am On Mar 22, 2016
Truth of the matters is that the foundation of education is very very important indecence that we can't compare someone who school in one village community schools and one who study in city private school.we new generation just need to make sure that our up coming generation get the best education foundation.i remember what happened in Edo state where by a "teacher of 15 years in teaching experience cannot read English when she was interviewed my Gov Adam Oshiomole.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by dimple571991(m): 9:20am On Mar 22, 2016
Mabel12:
Saw This On FB Please What Is This Graduate Trying To Explain ?

Actually saw this on facebook and am like could this be an end time graduate lol
check ur spoken English too,"am like" that was a thrash too,learn to b patient before condemning others
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Timbuktu14(m): 9:56am On Mar 22, 2016
Olomubj:
Truth of the matters is that the foundation of education is very very important indecence that we can't compare someone who school in one village community schools and one who study in city private school.we new generation just need to make sure that our up coming generation get the best education foundation.i remember what happened in Edo state where by a "teacher of 15 years in teaching experience cannot read English when she was interviewed my Gov Adam Oshiomole.
My goodness shocked shocked
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Timbuktu14(m): 10:04am On Mar 22, 2016
dimple571991:

check ur spoken English too,"am like" that was a thrash too,learn to b patient before condemning others
Written or Spoken? Thrash or Trash? grin grin

Well, that's the pot calling the kettle black!

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by beajjay(m): 10:08am On Mar 22, 2016
Olomubj:
Jeez!!!
Mehn, your English is almost the same as that of the guy in question....
Haha, indecence ke "ONE village community SCHOOLs" #lobatan
New generation my foot....let the kids of the new generation catch you!
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by rosieluv(f): 10:19am On Mar 22, 2016
funny tho,buh u shudnt blame d person at al. Mayb e knws aw to speak well buh hz a problem wiv writing. In essence,no1 is perfect.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by arewaboy(m): 10:35am On Mar 22, 2016
I am just imagining if this graduate has come from the upper side of the Niger what would have been the reactions and comments on this thread ?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by chipet67(m): 10:45am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
and so what? Do u knw d kind of background he had? Even if d university is sopoz to be a learning ground, do u tend to av learnt everything? So, forget it,no one is perfect. Do u knw what education is? Education is what u learn from womb to tomb. So,as far as u exist,u will continue learning. D fact dat he cnt construct simple and correct sentence does not make him an unqualified graduate.
May you graduate like that... Since its ok to you.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:19am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
lecturers will never mark him down cos dey understand life and dey get wat he was trying to explain. But low lives who doesn't av empathy will be ranting rubbish as if they are perfect.

On the contrary, if they cannot understand him they cannot award him any marks. The empathy argument is rubbish. We do not award qualifications and certificates for sympathy but for ability and performance else every semi literate uneducated person would be a graduate! If he cannot communicate properly then he cannot convince any independent assessment of his worth for a qualification.

Instead of making pathetic excuses for failure and inability to communicate, the issue of what morons claimed to teach this unfortunate should be addressed. No proper university would admit someone so illiterate as this. Still lets blame it on everybody else and play the poor man is discriminated against argument. He might feel better but is still not competent to perform any function requiring clear communication.

2 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:26am On Mar 22, 2016
obyrich:
I took my time to visit the guys fb page. He has many such hard-to-comprehend posts. To think that the guy is adorning NYSC uniform on his DP! I pity his students.

Well you have further convinced me! Thanks. I was at a lecturer last night on language and cultural diversity which adressed local dialects or slang if you prefer. Everybody has slang. In Belfast we have some wonderful constructs and mixes of words from our history and ethnic groups etc. But we only speak it in the presence of those we know understand it. When speaking to others or indeed writing it (when you never know who will be reading your words) proper comprehensible language is always used.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by eDoc: 12:14pm On Mar 22, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

The fact that Buhari can't govern Nigeria doesn't make him unqualified?

The fact that a soldier can't shoot a gun doesn't make him unqualified?

The fact that a policeman can't catch a thief doesn't make him unqualified?

The fact that your pastor can't quote any bible verse doesn't make him unqualified?

The fact that an electrical engineering graduate can't fix a light bulb doesn't make him unqualified?

Basics bro, basics...very important!

That fact that you made this observations doesn't make you unqualified?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by eDoc: 12:19pm On Mar 22, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

And when the 3rd class grammarian and the "strong 2:1" (whatever that means sef) are presented a chance to both market themselves, the grammarian wins! Why? Cos he has been able to brand himself...presentation is key.
Good content without the right presentation won't get any attention (mehn, see my wordplay oo).

You knw moet of soundcity? Ehiz of MTVbase? Who cares about their strong 2:1? They're branded.

But the 2:1 certificate would always get the attention for interviews and the likes,while the 3rd class would never a considered during screening,before even making a presentation.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by eDoc: 12:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
MORNDEW:

madam? What are you trying to justify? That a graduate spent 4 years in the University and can't construct simple sentences? Please look for something else to defend. Why go to the university if you want to justify mediocrity.

If you can't speak properly before any unversity admission,the chances of been good after graduation is slim to none.

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by eDoc: 12:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
solid3:
English has been butchered.

End time graduate.

Actually mutilated would be the perfect word.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Disguised As A woman, Sneaked Into Female University Hostel In Port Harcourt / Overhead Water Tank Falls Into Pre-Nursery Classroom In Anambra, Kills 2 / Caption This Photo Of A Proud Father And His Daughters During Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.