Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,908 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook (62765 Views)

N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page / Igbo Girl Murders English In Facebook Post... / Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by awoluyi(m): 6:25am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
during my university days,there was dis lagos boy dat speaks english fluently. Wenever a lecturer asks question,he wud be d first person to stand up and be blowing yeye grammar.dat was wen we were in 100L. So fast forward to first semester 200L. Lecturer wud ask question but dis guy will not answer. So everyone became so inquisitive. Den we asked a very close friend of his why d guy had stopped talking in class. Den d friend told us d guy's carry over has no limit. Den dia is dis dimeji guy who wud never talk in class cos he cudnt speak fluent english. Wenever we av presentations,it was alwz a tug of war for him. Do u knw Dimeji graduated with a very strong 2.1? And d grammarian Ife graduated with 3rd class. D fact dat one cannot speak fluent english does not make unqualified. Go speak to Doctors,most of dem cannot speak fluent english
. You are correct to some extent but is very necessary as a human being to be skilful in expressing one's ideas in spoken words. As a science oriented student it's possible to score As in all your courses, which is a display of brilliancy. My advice is that one should make efforts to improve on any area a shortcoming is noticed. Nobody will seriously appreciate a graduate with 2.1 who can not construct a simple sentence in English. I ask you, how do look at a graduate who says " I didn't went there yesterday" and he is with 2.1. You may not necessarily be an Orator but your communication skill tells much about you. Infact it is a measure of your confidence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by megafone: 6:26am On Mar 22, 2016
thesicilian:

That is a very poor mentality to have. He's a university graduate for Heaven's sake!
Did he mentioned he studied English?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by dyn1800: 6:28am On Mar 22, 2016
Get the message the young man is passing across not the Errors in expression
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Abdulhakeem7(m): 6:49am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
and so what? Do u knw d kind of background he had? Even if d university is sopoz to be a learning ground, do u tend to av learnt everything? So, forget it,no one is perfect. Do u knw what education is? Education is what u learn from womb to tomb. So,as far as u exist,u will continue learning. D fact dat he cnt construct simple and correct sentence does not make him an unqualified graduate.
D university is not a place to learn how to construct simple and correct sentences, u've got d whole years of primary and high schools to do dat. No serious employer will employ a graduate dat cannot construct a simple and correct sentence
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by tete7000(m): 6:58am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
can u now c dat u are no way better dan him? Dis statement u av just made is wrongly constructed

Madam hope you know I am not here to write a test of English? If I am, I will definitely do better than you. I was simply correcting an erroneous impression. Also for your information, your spellings are jaundiced; no English marker marks those spelling correctly for you. However, I still maintain that a graduate should be good in the use of both spoken and written English language. If you disagree with me, your own thinking too must be warped. I can't leave you with little and upcoming children; you will end up not motivating them to aspire for excellence. You will simply tell them it is enough to be a mediocre. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Heart2heart(m): 7:03am On Mar 22, 2016
the french and spanish certified engineers in my company who has the laurels of ivy schools under their cap and yet cannot flawlessly communicate in english, are illliterates i guess. by your own standard and reasoning. I just dont know why this part of the world see the ability to speak english as a yardstick to measure once's intellectual exposure and capability. Yet, in your i-too-sabi-speak english attitude, your own indigenuous dialect is rolling to oblivion and extinction. Yet in your over-sabi mode, little kids in the western world who can barely communicate in the so called english parlance are breaking through in technology and science. They grace the highest honorable podium with their INTERPRETER to receive prestigious global awards, but you are here bragging how good you are in speaking one foreign language that is not urs. Just one! many people speak up to 5 different languages, is it because the briton imposed his on you by telling you how trashy urs is? travel to USA, and see whites studying ur language. ur very own language which u are ashamed off. Please being a graduate does not translate to not being culpable of verbal incongruity in your communication with english...
thesicilian:

That is a very poor mentality to have. He's a university graduate for Heaven's sake!
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by jacy67(f): 7:06am On Mar 22, 2016
I don't even know where the message is. It's even a disgrace for a secondary school student to write like this. Some are even trying to justify his mistakes by saying " we're not oyibos".
Why not write in pidgin or even his dialect?sad;8
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 7:17am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
during my university days,there was dis lagos boy dat speaks english fluently. Wenever a lecturer asks question,he wud be d first person to stand up and be blowing yeye grammar.dat was wen we were in 100L. So fast forward to first semester 200L. Lecturer wud ask question but dis guy will not answer. So everyone became so inquisitive. Den we asked a very close friend of his why d guy had stopped talking in class. Den d friend told us d guy's carry over has no limit. Den dia is dis dimeji guy who wud never talk in class cos he cudnt speak fluent english. Wenever we av presentations,it was alwz a tug of war for him. Do u knw Dimeji graduated with a very strong 2.1? And d grammarian Ife graduated with 3rd class. D fact dat one cannot speak fluent english does not make unqualified. Go speak to Doctors,most of dem cannot speak fluent english
Brother! One who can't speak english can't write english and therefore making it impossible to pass in a nigerian tertiary institution where over 90% of their assesment is done in theory and not practicals. So its either the university ''dimeji'' attended uses yoruba to write exams or he sorted his way through to 2-1.
Don't come here and drop ''super story'' and go.
And for your doctors aspect, pls don't go there that is a very sound profession and i havn't come across a doctor who can't speak english unless na native doctor(babalawo) dey treat you.

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by surveycash(m): 7:30am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
As far as u get wat he meant. Its ok. We are not oyinbos. So we are all learners.

Stop defending mediocrity. This a bad ambassador of Nigerian graduates.

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by mrspeaker: 7:38am On Mar 22, 2016
He is a graduate,what about it? What about countries that they dont speak english at all and yet they are living large. He may be very brilliant and not good in writing but in speaking. With the level wey naija dey for now, guy no be by graduate men dey take survive oo.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Ifebazz(m): 7:42am On Mar 22, 2016
Mabel12:
Saw This On FB Please What Is This Graduate Trying To Explain ?

Actually saw this on facebook and am like could this be an end time graduate lol
You yourself is 'your so called end time graduate' too. "... and am like..." Since when did 'am' become 'I am '? undecided
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by omoyemirally(f): 7:44am On Mar 22, 2016
dollarlander:

You be mumu o and you will say you graduated you did not get job. If this is your mentality then you can never be employable.
u are more dan a mumu. U ppu castigate ppu and u are no way beta. English dis english dat. Am sure u are still a learner
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by omoyemirally(f): 7:45am On Mar 22, 2016
livinbygrace:

If you are the CEO of a company and you received such a letter from applicants would you employ such ?
what if d person is more skillful dan d so called grammarian.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by omoyemirally(f): 7:47am On Mar 22, 2016
engrkenny:

That totally makes him less than qualified, English was the official language of instruction in that school, how did he learn?
so u mean every university undergraduate and graduate can speak fluent english
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by omoyemirally(f): 7:48am On Mar 22, 2016
Caseless:
if the poster was from the north, you won't say this. You'd have flooded this thread with the caption : "product of quota system" and ur ilk will be here rolling out 'likes' to you. A graduate sounding like that and you have the guts to type this nonsense.

You are shameless!
u are too dull to get wat am saying.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by septembergirl(f): 7:48am On Mar 22, 2016
End time graduate, for real.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by joramklen: 7:49am On Mar 22, 2016
please lets understand her
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by omoyemirally(f): 7:51am On Mar 22, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

Well I dont understand how he can have graduated in ANYTHING if he is unable to make himself understood. Any educated 12 year old could do better than this. To be fair we don't know the context of the conversation which would allow us to infer much more of the meaning but even so it is still quite poor. Can you imagine a CV or job application written in this manner?
lecturers will never mark him down cos dey understand life and dey get wat he was trying to explain. But low lives who doesn't av empathy will be ranting rubbish as if they are perfect.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by cherishsweet(f): 7:52am On Mar 22, 2016
Really?... All this talks of he shouldn't be castigated, this guy is suppose to be a graduate fr God's sake!!!if e no sabi construct english, pidgin fr help am na,

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Ifebazz(m): 7:55am On Mar 22, 2016
Heart2heart:
the french and spanish certified engineers in my company who has the laurels of ivy schools under their cap and yet cannot flawlessly communicate in english, are illliterates i guess. by your own standard and reasoning. I just dont know why this part of the world see the ability to speak english as a yardstick to measure once's intellectual exposure and capability. Yet, in your i-too-sabi-speak english attitude, your own indigenuous dialect is rolling to oblivion and extinction. Yet in your over-sabi mode, little kids in the western world who can barely communicate in the so called english parlance are breaking through in technology and science. They grace the highest honorable podium with their INTERPRETER to receive prestigious global awards, but you are here bragging how good you are in speaking one foreign language that is not urs. Just one! many people speak up to 5 different languages, is it because the briton imposed his on you by telling you how trashy urs is? travel to USA, and see whites studying ur language. ur very own language which u are ashamed off. Please being a graduate does not translate to not being culpable of verbal incongruity in your communication with english...
What did you call them? French and Spanish right? Why didn't you call them English Engineers? Because they are what you just called them, FRENCH and SPANISH! They studied in those languages and I can bet you communicate fluently in them too. Can you communicate in French or Spanish half as much as they're doing in English?
Nigeria universities are dolling out half baked graduates by the minutes yet we don't see any thing wrong about it because those we have come to take as our role models are nothing to write home about in education. Read comments here and see all the grammar on twitter from celebrities you keep wondering why parents still waste money on educating some people.
Many resort to abbreviations because they cannot spell, acronyms for same reason. They just write rubbish especially on Nairaland and Twitter as if they are charged for the full spelling or something. Pathetic that you can even come to their defence. Just pathetic.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by omoyemirally(f): 7:55am On Mar 22, 2016
Mekky2010:

So if you have a son in primary 6 and u ask him to write a letter his uncle explaining what happened in school today and the young lad ended up writing something like this, u ll simply shake his hand and say he is not oyibo.

If I hear ....
my own children,av a very good background,very vibrant parents. So dey av a solid foundation. But some went to public school where teachers rarely speak english. Dia background is bent. We cnt blame d victims here. And mind u,dey are not happy with their condition and I av met many of dem who are really learning how to speak fluently
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by omoyemirally(f): 7:57am On Mar 22, 2016
Leopantro:

Since you are from the same University let me help you.

Can you now see that you are not better than him? This statement you have just made is constructed wrongly.

I believe (not) you are also a graduate. Kindly read what this jambite wrote and compare to the person you have been defending.

I've gone through the guy's Facebook page and if he speaks as bad as he writes then abandon all hope, England language.

GOOD LORD. it just hit me. The guy you have been defending would soon go for NYSC and will be posted to a school to teach.
FATHER IN HEAVEN, SAVE THEM

https://www.nairaland.com/2988802/jamb-release-answer-scripts
congrats, d grammarian. Go and claim ur cash prize with ur grammar. Dull
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Timbuktu14(m): 7:59am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
and so what? Do u knw d kind of background he had? Even if d university is sopoz to be a learning ground, do u tend to av learnt everything? So, forget it,no one is perfect. Do u knw what education is? Education is what u learn from womb to tomb. So,as far as u exist,u will continue learning. D fact dat he cnt construct simple and correct sentence does not make him an unqualified graduate.
shocked shocked Can't believe i just read that! Absolutely ridiculous. How can you even be proud enough to defend something as nonsensical as this one? Or, am i missing something here?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by omoyemirally(f): 8:05am On Mar 22, 2016
Timbuktu14:
shocked shocked Can't believe i just read that! Absolutely ridiculous. How can you even be proud enough to defend something as nonsensical as this one? Or, am i missing something here?
something is actually missing there
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Ifebazz(m): 8:05am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
lecturers will never mark him down cos dey understand life and dey get wat he was trying to explain. But low lives who doesn't av empathy will be ranting rubbish as if they are perfect.
And what type of lecturers will never mark him down? Probably your kind of school (which can't be far off from the one he graduated from). As a science major, if my student cannot effectively tell me in simple grammar how x plus x turned to 2x, he should effectively tell me how he passed his O'Levels first then UME & post UME.
The standard of WAEC is such that if you pass English language (of course by yourself and not miracle centre) you can write at any level in life with out being aided and devoid of some simple mistakes in tenses etc. So where is your defence coming from Mr Man?

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
so u mean every university undergraduate and graduate can speak fluent english

yes, every graduate should be able to. How did that person write his/her o'level?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Timbuktu14(m): 8:07am On Mar 22, 2016
mrspeaker:
He is a graduate,what about it? What about countries that they dont speak english at all and yet they are living large. He may be very brilliant and not good in writing but in speaking. With the level wey naija dey for now, guy no be by graduate men dey take survive oo.
grin grin
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by omoyemirally(f): 8:08am On Mar 22, 2016
engrkenny:

yes, every graduate should be able to.
"should be" y not "can" life itself is a learning process,someday,he will be able to.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by player007(m): 8:09am On Mar 22, 2016
Ogheneme!!!!!!!
Owo ti wo igbo sha!
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by omoyemirally(f): 8:12am On Mar 22, 2016
Ifebazz:

And what type of lecturers will never mark him down? Probably your kind of school (which can't be far off from the one he graduated from). As a science major, if my student cannot effectively tell me in simple grammar how x plus x turned to 2x, he should effectively tell me how he passed his O'Levels first then UME & post UME.
The standard of WAEC is such that if you pass English language (of course by yourself and not miracle centre) you can write at any level in life with out being aided and devoid of some simple mistakes in tenses etc. So where is your defence coming from Mr Man?
hold on to ur belief. What I knw is dat 50% of uni graduate cannot speak fluent english and doesn't make dem less qualified. PERIOD
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Timbuktu14(m): 8:14am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
what if d person is more skillful dan d so called grammarian.
Oh my God! grin grin grin
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Ifebazz(m): 8:17am On Mar 22, 2016
omoyemirally:
my own children,av a very good background,very vibrant parents. So dey av a solid foundation. But some went to public school where teachers rarely speak english. Dia background is bent. We cnt blame d victims here. And mind u,dey are not happy with their condition and I av met many of dem who are really learning how to speak fluently
Many from private schools can't write properly. They resort to using abbreviations and acronyms and pseudonyms to hide their short coming. I went to a public school. I am proud of public schools. Parents should play their own part in a child's education.
Don't tell me children from private schools do better than those from public schools. Very false. Wait till you reach NYSC where breeze blows... The only thing that those from private school do better than their public counterparts is probably speaking better and more often than not, it's the exposition gotten from travelling.
I can not, will not agree that the subject in question is only deficient in English.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Disguised As A woman, Sneaked Into Female University Hostel In Port Harcourt / Overhead Water Tank Falls Into Pre-Nursery Classroom In Anambra, Kills 2 / Caption This Photo Of A Proud Father And His Daughters During Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.