Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook (62767 Views)

N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page / Igbo Girl Murders English In Facebook Post... / Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 21, 2016
cybriz82:
What abt some doctorz wey get hand writtin like say na epilepsy dey worry der hand.comon to write panadol in a straight words wey person go fit read. e go b like wetin bomb dn scatter.

Really?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by daven: 8:35pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:
and so what? Do u knw d kind of background he had? Even if d university is sopoz to be a learning ground, do u tend to av learnt everything? So, forget it,no one is perfect. Do u knw what education is? Education is what u learn from womb to tomb. So,as far as u exist,u will continue learning. D fact dat he cnt construct simple and correct sentence does not make him an unqualified graduate.
See one of them ...end time graduates.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by pee777(m): 8:36pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:
As far as u get wat he meant. Its ok. We are not oyinbos. So we are all learners.

Hmmm.....hope not birds of the same feathers.

2 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by sorepco(m): 8:37pm On Mar 21, 2016
Dont be silly. A language he studied in for more than 16 years n cant express himself in it?? How did he pass his exams?? Was the exam in ijaw or swahili or hausa??

omoyemirally:
As far as u get wat he meant. Its ok. We are not oyinbos. So we are all learners.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Jacobx007: 8:38pm On Mar 21, 2016
obyrich:
Those chinese speak and write Chinese well. No justification for mediocrity. I wonder how the guy passed his exams...
Yea! They write very well cos they don't have to learn it!! U must understand one thing my friend, 90% of the way we pronounce words in English is wrong , I mean perfect oral english. Now how many years do we have to keep learning English b4 we become PERFECT? Maybe the next 100 years Lol
So am nt justifying anytin for him oooo! All I want is for us to place less emphasis on English, cos we really need to start producing

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by lebienconnu: 8:38pm On Mar 21, 2016
I want to believe this is a joke. A university graduate is supposed to have at least a C6 in English language. There is no way someone that passed English in SSCE and answered all questions in English language throughout his University education would write this type of grammar.

It is definitely a joke. I have come across a similar composition intentionally written in crooked grammar but yet passed across a very important information. If you are not patient enough you won't get the message.

4 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 21, 2016
MossLuv:
Do u knw what he studied in university? Speaking grammar does not mean u are learned and not speak good grammar does not mean u are not learned. What matter is to knw what u spent four years in university to study not english..... After all, english is a language and far as language is concern nobody is perfect. An english man can speaks english with errors just as yoruba man can also speak yoruba with errors....................................}
That is a very poor mentality to have. He's a university graduate for Heaven's sake!

Stop it please. Everyone makes mistakes but this is too poor

This is too poor even for a primary school graduate. I make grammatical errors when I speak Yoruba but it is not so bad that it gives other speakers headaches. This is too poor.

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Ray360: 8:39pm On Mar 21, 2016
[b]yoged has Hit the nail on the head. Eloquence and fluency in speaking and writing is not extensively and intensively taught in tertiary institutions. You will only offer it probably in your first year in the university under "General studies". And often times, the lackadaisical, inept, pot-bellied, wishy-washy lecturer mandated to teach the course will not show up. You will just be given textbooks on the Course which you may not understand. Also, certain rudiments necessary for flawless diction embedded in the textbook might not be clear to you due to their complexity. You acquire the core basics of sound elocution in your primary or secondary school. Also, You can work on yourself. Stop the addictive use of certain short-forms (5n, kul, hawayu, watsup, kkkk, 10q, cos...)which paralyse the creative ability to string legible sentences, Read certain books on effective writing and speaking of the English language. upgrade your knowledge of the fundamentals of the English language by surfing the internet on certain basics. English language is dynamic, It changes from time to time. once in a while, write a story or a poem to broaden your creativity.
If you keep saying English language is not your mother's tongue, then you might keep embarrassing yourself in public. It's not that difficult to imbibe these little basics[/b]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by crowther15(m): 8:41pm On Mar 21, 2016
thesicilian:

That is a very poor mentality to have. He's a university graduate for Heaven's sake!
same graduate from china would be worse than this....is English lit language?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by iriskiki(f): 8:41pm On Mar 21, 2016
Did anyone even bother to translate the post for the OP?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by daven: 8:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
ukjerry:
I really don't think it's this guy's fault though.
I agree with what omoyemirally said-
Just because he doesn't know how to express himself in English doesn't make him less educated.

My cousin bro can't speak but is an engineer (a very good one). Companies are looking for him but he's stuck with his company cos in his words "they gave him a chance". When asked how he scaled through the interview, he said twas a disaster but he just asked them to give him a chance and allow him do something and just cut off his first month salary. They did and it's history. They ended up paying him. (Let me not even start with his salary)

He always say, "comprehensive pry and sec sch fvcked me up, but Unn didn't teach me how to speak but how to fix"

I get you. You see everything has its own place. He may actually excel in other areas of endeavour, except in writing and composing good tenses. However, presentation matters. I bet you that your cousin may not advance beyond the shop floor in his career, despite how technically good he may be. He will always have someone with better presentation skills managing him. Engineering goes beyond the blue collar. It also encompasses management, presentation, planning, etc.

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
crowther15:
same graduate from china would be worse than this....is English lit language?
That is not true undecided
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by CandiceJay(f): 8:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
Obviously, this was meant to make people laugh. But if it were real, then it's sad. There are people who make slight errors when speaking English and such errors re pardonable but such errors as these are unjustifiable. Please lets be factual, if one writes like this in an exam, failure is inevitable nd dats means you CANNOT PASS, so how on earth do you graduate Lets help ourselves by telling eachoda the truth. A graduate should be able to write well, construct meaningful sentences, express him/herself without stress. Why? Because he/she is considered to have gone through almost all d stages of formal education.

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by sorepco(m): 8:44pm On Mar 21, 2016
My guy the op is not talking about speaking god english but writing better english.....he cant write!! So how did he pass his exams??

omoyemirally:
during my university days,there was dis lagos boy dat speaks english fluently. Wenever a lecturer asks question,he wud be d first person to stand up and be blowing yeye grammar.dat was wen we were in 100L. So fast forward to first semester 200L. Lecturer wud ask question but dis guy will not answer. So everyone became so inquisitive. Den we asked a very close friend of his why d guy had stopped talking in class. Den d friend told us d guy's carry over has no limit. Den dia is dis dimeji guy who wud never talk in class cos he cudnt speak fluent english. Wenever we av presentations,it was alwz a tug of war for him. Do u knw Dimeji graduated with a very strong 2.1? And d grammarian Ife graduated with 3rd class. D fact dat one cannot speak fluent english does not make unqualified. Go speak to Doctors,most of dem cannot speak fluent english

3 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Asiri1991: 8:44pm On Mar 21, 2016
His supervisor has questions to answer. Owo ni koko
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by MossLuv: 8:45pm On Mar 21, 2016
We all have different educational background: because u are privilage to school in town frm nursery to university, don't forget that there are some who went to LGEA primary skul in d village....don't expect them to speak grammar like u, cos even in primary6 they still use local dialects to teach them....
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 21, 2016
foliks:
She walked into the banking hall, her pointed shoe announcing her arrival minutes before you saw her.
She wore that kind of dress that convinces you that heaven is missing an angel.
The aroma of her perfume would easily finish a bowl of eba for its sweetness.
And the phone which she gingerly held to her ear, without minding the security guy frantically waving at her that calls are not allowed in banking halls, will cost a small fortune.
She stepped forward, picked a deposit slip and searched frantically for a pen.
About five guys offered her their pens but, shame to bad people, she took mine maybe because I was closest to her.
After a while, or a long while because time stood still, she stood up and inched closer to me.
She whispered: "Please can you spell 'thirty' for me?"
I looked down at her deposit slip in surprise.
She'd written: 'tarty tausanh'!
Olodumare!!!!!!
I hissed and snatched my biro from her hand. Fine face, no brains.

This must be the dum..best and silli..est story/joke I have ever read
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Mykelpato(m): 8:47pm On Mar 21, 2016
Buhari sef
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Mabel12(f): 8:48pm On Mar 21, 2016
Memyselfu2009:

Now I know how Dull u re the post was meant to be a joke and to make u laugh slowpoke

What's this one saying are you ok?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by nijanigga: 8:48pm On Mar 21, 2016
these are leaders of tomorrow? Nigeria is finished.It can't get worse than this, can it?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by johnel2real(m): 8:48pm On Mar 21, 2016
And the number Will continue to grow. Unemployed graduates on the streets. Our institutions are no longer credible. WAEC & NECO are being compromised on daily basis, JAMB was always the trap most students find hard to escape but even that is no longer a problem, as special centers are showing how good they can be. Our higher institutions are worse now, sorting is now a trend in most schools, that only people considered dumb or holy-holy stay away from. It is a circus. Mass promotion in our nursery, primary, and secondary schools produces a student who pays his way through WAEC and JAMB, comes into the higher institutions, sorts his way through, gets a flashy certificate and that's it. Corruption is everywhere and only when we are content with the little we have can we ever see any meaningful change.

2 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Bhella5(m): 8:53pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:
Shame on you! *spits*

2 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by tickles2luv2016(m): 8:55pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:

He is not even supposed to graduate.

2 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Ray360: 8:56pm On Mar 21, 2016
Godfullsam:
This is a clear indication that NDU is a no go area. The guy done disgrace the university
hahahahahahaha! you are funny.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Godsgal(f): 8:58pm On Mar 21, 2016
kallmemrB:
although his english is not the best but Read S-L-O-W-L-Y you will understand
lol. Slowly indeed
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by myaokija(f): 8:58pm On Mar 21, 2016
Una get tym, go down to far north and see were teacher uses Hausa to teach physics. At least dis one try..
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by smudge2079(m): 8:59pm On Mar 21, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

The fact that Buhari can't govern Nigeria doesn't make him unqualified?

The fact that a soldier can't shoot a gun doesn't make him unqualified?

The fact that a policeman can't catch a thief doesn't make him unqualified?

The fact that your pastor can't quote any bible verse doesn't make him unqualified?

The fact that an electrical engineering graduate can't fix a light bulb doesn't make him unqualified?

Basics bro, basics...very important!
WTH are u talking about? What's Basics? We were colonized, no doubt. He is not fluent, no doubt, does that make him unqualified?I don't think so... English might not be his/her first language. Give everyone a benefit of doubt. Afterall u are not God.... U don't have d right to label someone as unqualified.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Arckeen: 9:00pm On Mar 21, 2016
tobishills12:
abeg nah university or poly... Kai the guy disappoint me sha

oyah check my signature
if na poly nko? Wetin u mean by that.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by vislabraye(m): 9:01pm On Mar 21, 2016
The English is appalling. cry . It would be interesting to know what he studied. If he read sciences or engineering, and he's good, he could be pardoned. But if he's an art student, then it's a pity.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
Mabel12:
Saw This On FB Please What Is This Graduate Trying To Explain ?

Actually saw this on facebook and am like could this be an end time graduate lol
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by topsonjto(m): 9:06pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:
I don't think it still justify d fact dt he is a graduate from whom d masses expect somtn gud frm definitely nt "this"

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Overhead Water Tank Falls Into Pre-Nursery Classroom In Anambra, Kills 2 / Caption This Photo Of A Proud Father And His Daughters During Graduation / Can You Solve This Math Question?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.