Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook (62763 Views)

N-Power Admin Responds To Grammatical Error Of Graduate Of English On Their Page / Igbo Girl Murders English In Facebook Post... / Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by monalicious(f): 10:12pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:
ask google
It's so sad that you see nothing wrong in this person's inability to write out one complete correct sentence, and you even think it doesn't make him an unqualified graduate. The last time I checked, general studies is a course taken in all Nigerian universities, and it's compulsory, use of English ia part of it. No one is interested in if he had a bad school background or whatever, he is a product of his personal decisions. You should probably look this up https://www.nairaland.com/2930551/woman-everyone-should-met#42872113

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by macaranta(m): 10:14pm On Mar 21, 2016
Not right joor
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by jurjur: 10:17pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:
As far as u get wat he meant. Its ok. We are not oyinbos. So we are all learners.

Well I'm not surprised one bit to see a large number of u guys supporting d uneducated graduate simply cus it's not ur language (as u said). I know that it takes a thief to nail a crook so I'm sure u are of same specie with d graduate to understnd d info he was trying to pass. U said u are not oyinbo but just a learner, so pls tell us what u were busy learning throughout d 4 blessed years that u spent in school? Less I 4gt, u were colonised by d original oyinbo & u gained ur freedom 55yrs ago & was even taught with d same oyinbo frm ur kindergarten down till ur miserable & wasteful tertiary education yet, u cannot make ur teacher proud. U ARE SUCH AN APOLOGY TO HUMANKIND.

2 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by oluwafreshkid(m): 10:21pm On Mar 21, 2016
tammie24:
yes branding is important but will not get the job done or save you in a life or death situation

Oh...lack of it (branding and presentation skills) can actually put you in trouble though...ask 'my oga at the top'
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by tammie24: 10:30pm On Mar 21, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

Oh...lack of it (branding and presentation skills) can actually put you in trouble though...ask 'my oga at the top'
social trouble abi
i rather be on a boat with one that knows what he's doing than with one that is a great talker
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by lawrsmith(m): 10:32pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:
As far as u get wat he meant. Its ok. We are not oyinbos. So we are all learners.
baa truinchi
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Sike(m): 10:36pm On Mar 21, 2016
Wole Soyinka in the making...
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by akigbemaru: 10:37pm On Mar 21, 2016
On Facebook.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by iwadobo: 10:38pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:
during my university days,there was dis lagos boy dat speaks english fluently. Wenever a lecturer asks question,he wud be d first person to stand up and be blowing yeye grammar.dat was wen we were in 100L. So fast forward to first semester 200L. Lecturer wud ask question but dis guy will not answer. So everyone became so inquisitive. Den we asked a very close friend of his why d guy had stopped talking in class. Den d friend told us d guy's carry over has no limit. Den dia is dis dimeji guy who wud never talk in class cos he cudnt speak fluent english. Wenever we av presentations,it was alwz a tug of war for him. Do u knw Dimeji graduated with a very strong 2.1? And d grammarian Ife graduated with 3rd class. D fact dat one cannot speak fluent english does not make unqualified. Go speak to Doctors,most of dem cannot speak fluent english
That only shows that the fact that someone made 2-1 in any Nigeria universities doesn't make him brilliant, it only means he can 'cramm'. Otherwise, how would you have proper understanding of subjects render in a language you don't really understand ? Even Albert Einstein of all people couldn't do that. Or was it not when the language of education was changed to German that Einstein really discovered himself? Our institutes of higher learning are mere bulshits

2 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by aniyphil: 10:38pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:

If a university graduate struggles to write good and clear sentences in English and you call that learning . . .then there is a problem! undecided

2 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Funkychic(f): 10:41pm On Mar 21, 2016
Mabel12:
Saw This On FB Please What Is This Graduate Trying To Explain ?

Actually saw this on facebook and am like could this be an end time graduate lol

And how did u know dat he is a graduate ni?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:
during my university days,there was dis lagos boy dat speaks english fluently. Wenever a lecturer asks question,he wud be d first person to stand up and be blowing yeye grammar.dat was wen we were in 100L. So fast forward to first semester 200L. Lecturer wud ask question but dis guy will not answer. So everyone became so inquisitive. Den we asked a very close friend of his why d guy had stopped talking in class. Den d friend told us d guy's carry over has no limit. Den dia is dis dimeji guy who wud never talk in class cos he cudnt speak fluent english. Wenever we av presentations,it was alwz a tug of war for him. Do u knw Dimeji graduated with a very strong 2.1? And d grammarian Ife graduated with 3rd class. D fact dat one cannot speak fluent english does not make unqualified. Go speak to Doctors,most of dem cannot speak fluent english
. d 1 u re using as example can write even if he can't speak but dis gy in question can't write... how do u expect him 2 pas

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by chulo132(m): 10:45pm On Mar 21, 2016
I hate when people defend things like this with the "oyibo is not our language" BS. This guy went through primary school. secondary school and the University and he writes like this? Then someone comes here to defend him?

2 Likes

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Kgdavid(m): 10:45pm On Mar 21, 2016
Forget the symptoms and focus on the cause. A primary school student is meant to write better than this, which means primary and secondary school education didn't do this guy justice. How was he able to progress?

#fixthesystem

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by jurjur: 10:47pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:

Well I'm not surprised one bit to see a large number of u guys supporting d uneducated graduate simply cus it's not ur language (as u said). I know that it takes a thief to nail a crook so I'm sure u are of same specie with d graduate to understnd d info he was trying to pass. U said u are not oyinbo but just a learner, so pls tell us what u were busy learning throughout d 4 blessed years that u spent in school? Less I 4gt, u were colonised by d original oyinbo & u gained ur freedom 55yrs ago & was even taught with d same oyinbo frm ur kindergarten down till ur miserable & wasteful tertiary education yet, u cannot make ur teacher proud. U ARE SUCH AN APOLOGY TO HUMANKIND.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 21, 2016
omoyemirally:
and so what? Do u knw d kind of background he had? Even if d university is sopoz to be a learning ground, do u tend to av learnt everything? So, forget it,no one is perfect. Do u knw what education is? Education is what u learn from womb to tomb. So,as far as u exist,u will continue learning. D fact dat he cnt construct simple and correct sentence does not make him an unqualified graduate.
Iru lo ma nyan iru lore. Irukiru obe iwo!
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by SerialDigits(m): 10:48pm On Mar 21, 2016
thesicilian:

That is a very poor mentality to have. He's a university graduate for Heaven's sake!

And why is y'all actin like he is obligated to put English right, if that's all he can be...why don't y'all skip to the nxt thread.. I beg, who hav aiyeloyun charger here?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by samuel051: 10:50pm On Mar 21, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

The fact that Buhari can't govern Nigeria doesn't make him unqualified?

The fact that a soldier can't shoot a gun doesn't make him unqualified?

The fact that a policeman can't catch a thief doesn't make him unqualified?

The fact that your pastor can't quote any bible verse doesn't make him unqualified?

The fact that an electrical engineering graduate can't fix a light bulb doesn't make him unqualified?

Basics bro, basics...very important!
No mind her,if na poly graduate we for no hear word.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by omoyemirally(f): 10:55pm On Mar 21, 2016
tete7000:

Which land you came from? Your thinking is warped.
can u now c dat u are no way better dan him? Dis statement u av just made is wrongly constructed
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Louiscutedude(m): 10:55pm On Mar 21, 2016
Buhari but why?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Mabel12(f): 10:56pm On Mar 21, 2016
Funkychic:

Please try and read the post
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by piagetskinner(m): 10:59pm On Mar 21, 2016
Mayday! Mayday!!
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by autosavvy: 11:04pm On Mar 21, 2016
Funkychic:

Except your case is like Stevie Wonder's . . .the fact that the writer is a graduate is quite obvious from the opening sentence!

1 Like

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 21, 2016
monalicious:

I can never bring myself to agree with this mentality. I know someone who is a mechanic, never had any formal education, who speaks so well, you would never know he doesn't even have to pry 6 school leaving certificate. And he reads and writes well too. It's just a personal decision thing, that's what I think. We have had stars in th past like pasuma (fans please pardon me), who didn't speak so well at the beginning of their careers, who are doing very well now. I know some people would say English isn't our mother tongue, which is true, but it has been in Nigeria for as long as I can remember, and we keep excuses for why we can't speak or write good English. Why not just avoid the embarrassment?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by nurez305(m): 11:13pm On Mar 21, 2016
Check it out

Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 21, 2016
daven:

I get you. You see everything has its own place. He may actually excel in other areas of endeavour, except in writing and composing good tenses. However, presentation matters. I bet you that your cousin may not advance beyond the shop floor in his career, despite how technically good he may be. He will always have someone with better presentation skills managing him. Engineering goes beyond the blue collar. It also encompasses management, presentation, planning, etc
I quite agree with u
The only thing I was trying to correct was--Bad use of english doesn't make someone less educated
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 21, 2016
sorepco:
Let him night lessons in english at his free time. I mean he should dtudy it all over as a 3rd language just like someone taking german or french as a second language...

He is already doing that and has greatly improved.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by CurrentSamuel(m): 11:15pm On Mar 21, 2016
Hahaha
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by ayoolagr8ness(f): 11:15pm On Mar 21, 2016
[quote author=Mabel12 post=43966560]Saw This On FB Please What Is This Graduate Trying To Explain ?

u cant blame him,some of our lecturers too commits first-degree murder in d class due to their poor english.
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by Taiwoolumide(m): 11:17pm On Mar 21, 2016
English is a language ....it is not a measure of intelligence
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by osesology(m): 11:26pm On Mar 21, 2016
foliks:
She walked into the banking hall, her pointed shoe announcing her arrival minutes before you saw her.
She wore that kind of dress that convinces you that heaven is missing an angel.
The aroma of her perfume would easily finish a bowl of eba for its sweetness.
And the phone which she gingerly held to her ear, without minding the security guy frantically waving at her that calls are not allowed in banking halls, will cost a small fortune.
She stepped forward, picked a deposit slip and searched frantically for a pen.
About five guys offered her their pens but, shame to bad people, she took mine maybe because I was closest to her.
After a while, or a long while because time stood still, she stood up and inched closer to me.
She whispered: "Please can you spell 'thirty' for me?"
I looked down at her deposit slip in surprise.
She'd written: 'tarty tausanh'!
Olodumare!!!!!!
I hissed and snatched my biro from her hand. Fine face, no brains.
Betu why?
Re: NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook by BossDanniee(m): 11:28pm On Mar 21, 2016
1st class material ni

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Disguised As A woman, Sneaked Into Female University Hostel In Port Harcourt / Overhead Water Tank Falls Into Pre-Nursery Classroom In Anambra, Kills 2 / Caption This Photo Of A Proud Father And His Daughters During Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.