Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,926 members, 7,828,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? (10664 Views)

Woman Drags Ex-lover To Court For Duping And Refusing To Marry Her / Things You Miss About Your Ex Lover. / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by lioness(f): 10:46am On Nov 17, 2006
depends
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Mystique(f): 12:38pm On Nov 17, 2006
Its neva been advisable, an EX is an EX, case closed, no friendship, no wateva, cool
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Radiant(f): 1:38pm On Nov 17, 2006
Mystique:

Its never been advisable, an EX is an EX, case closed, no friendship, no whatever, cool

U wrong baby! A friend is a friend. Either ex or 'y', I value good friendship. Duhhh! cool
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by rawlings(m): 2:39pm On Nov 17, 2006
Hello,plz lets say the fact in here.One fact is that is not good keeping out from your ex and another fact is that is not good having them as Friends.I once had an ex,we called on phone after break,no one told each other it was over. it depends on the way u broke up.i used to call her but at a time she said i should should bkos i guess she hates me then bkos the break up was still very fresh.And i had to stop.Believe me after many months of no calls no contact no seeing,the next we saw each other was in a cyber cafe,and gosh come and see the looks on our eyes and the come back of memories.Friendship,r.ships can die but the question is what can u do to memory to fade away.U will always remember the feelings u once had,all the good times,romance,sex and bad times,ecept u tells me that when u people where going on that there where no feelings there.Believe me feelings can only be kept cold but cant die.My Principles on this issue is that,FEELINGS NEVER DIE.Immediately u remember the memories things becomes new and is dangerous to your present r/ship, Lets face the fact non of ur new partner will allow u to have contact with Ur ex,we all are jealous boys or girls.I cant have my ex having contacts with her ex.No matter how pure thire friendship may seem to,i might be skeptical about her intentions.So bro plz keep off and let Ur friendship with Ur ex be brief and let it be only nature that brings u together.
Cheers man.
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Raimond(m): 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2006
Guys, my point is not borne out of a preconceived notion,but experience.Ive been married for 4 yrs and i had never strayed.But i`m glad this topic was posted because i`m a victim in someway.My wife had gone on training to the UK andf i really felt lonely,so i resorted to the innocent company of my immediate past ex and it turned out to be a disaster.Not only did we get down,it became a routine thruout the duration of my wife`s absence.I really love my wife,and wud not want to hurt her,but now the fling has ended,each time i look my wife in the face to tell her i love her,i feel guilt.The main problem now is that i can`t seem to get over some of the things that girl did to me,meaning the urge is stil there.[b]FOLKS PLEASE DO YOURSELVES A FAVOUR, kEEP UR EXes AWAY FROM UR LOVE LIFE OR BE TACTFUL IN DEALING WITH THEM.THE CONSEQUENCES COULD BE TSUNAMIC sad
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Radiant(f): 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2006
Raimond:

THE CONSEQUENCES COULD BE TSUNAMIC sad

lmao. . . . Nice one bro grin grin grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by dominobaby(f): 6:46pm On Nov 17, 2006
I do quite agree with chumac. Keep them as friends but at arms length, you never can tell where you could need help. But if your present girlfriend is not comfortable, if you do care for her happiness, then you do what you gat to do.
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by kheme(m): 1:11pm On Nov 19, 2006
Well, here is my opionion,  or part of it The Breakup Ideology
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by ObaMan(m): 4:13pm On Nov 21, 2006
Yes, cos ur ex- is human and can be a moment of respite, at times
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by geniusbami(m): 12:38am On Nov 23, 2006
Whether U Can keep ur ex as friend is both personal and relative.

From personal experience, if you haven´t corrupted yourselves, both of you would be free, bold and confident around each other. She would even be a testimony to your chastity with your wife.

I took my wife to my ex´s introduction and wedding ceremonies and her parents´ and siblings´ comportment around me reassured my wife it had been a platonic relationship. She thus trust me more.

So, like I said, it´s a both personal and relative issue.
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by lioness(f): 9:13am On Nov 23, 2006
cool
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by moremia(f): 4:24pm On Nov 23, 2006
they cant become enemies simply because u have broken up with them
but then,they dont have to come so close
because old feelings could always up wink u no wat i mean
well,all d best
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by buzortech(m): 9:31pm On Nov 23, 2006
Pls if u can, keep them far off. From experience, my ex n i started being close when we started casual gist, later it went on to prolonged calls, talks about past good experiences together, talks about what caused the breakup. We got close, or rather she go too attached ( I already had a new gf). She got to know i loved my gf very much n she grew violently jealous(dats the only way i can describe it). Now i know she can harm me cos i have realised my mistakes and have been strong to resist any attempt to get close to me.
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Glorya(f): 9:45am On Nov 24, 2006
it depends on the both of you, some people might be vulnerable after a seperation while some others can handle being around their ex, so if u know u can, no big deal but if you can't just let sleeping dogs lie. undecided
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by lioness(f): 9:45am On Nov 24, 2006
cool
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by kkutecolo(f): 12:42pm On Nov 24, 2006
cos yes, y not
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by osegwu(m): 2:04pm On Nov 24, 2006
I want to keep in contact with my numerouse Exes but i always advice them to
be careful with me cos my memories are always very sharp and and keep flowing
back each time i say them and i always ask for another piece of cake.
So it could be good or bad depending on the individual involved.
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by jimaj4life(m): 2:47pm On Nov 29, 2006
hnm, it depends,u can still be friends but atimes you remember your past times which makes you miss him/her,but you can still be friends,if it were to be my girl friend that broke up with me,i will call her to make her realize wot she did all the time till i get over the shock,but u can still be friendz!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by kemoade(f): 3:56pm On Nov 29, 2006
yes u can keep them as friend but with some extra cares, l hope u understand what l mean
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by jimaj4life(m): 12:35am On Nov 30, 2006
hnm,its not easy to maintain friendship with your EX cus it makes you remember your past times,but its a good thing to still be friends cus no friend it wasted,
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by jaybaby(f): 2:51pm On Nov 30, 2006
its good but it will also be good if u inform your new luver that the person is your ex lover and if he /she reject the idea of frndship with him/her, then don't,
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 01, 2006
It depends on what went between the two of you. If you have an Ex that being alone together with them used to ultimately end up in sxe, then hanging around them is a no-no. Because those feelings will always come up again, causing tension in yiour present relationship and a lot of distrust.
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by lioness(f): 1:14pm On Dec 07, 2006
undecided
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by candylips(m): 7:41pm On Dec 08, 2006
lioness:

undecided
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by eslynera(f): 7:53pm On Dec 08, 2006
@Topic, it depends with how the breakup keeps u goin. tongue
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by lioness(f): 1:55pm On Dec 12, 2006
kiss grin
candylips:

Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by diyobdw(f): 2:26pm On Dec 12, 2006
seriously there is no big deal if the breakup was on understanding bases.
Got an EX that we are friends and i can say keep him as a friend open my eyes to my mistake with him.
am cool having him around cos he is out of my heart as a lover.Though i have to proof that to mister man grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 12, 2006
I have been saying it
I am still saying it
And i will continue to hammer on it:

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS 'LETS JUST BE FRIENDS' IN A RELATIONSHIP THAT USED TO BE INTIMATE. FLAMES WILL AWAKEN AGAIN. DONT BE FOOLED.
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by iice(f): 4:17am On Dec 13, 2006
But i have been there, am way cool with my ex but it's a no-no for anything else other than friends coz of how i feel. . .no attraction
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by smokie(m): 12:29pm On Jan 01, 2007
I'll keep in telephonic contact but would not want to meet them, just in case all those old memories come streaming back.
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by boladonas(m): 6:37pm On Jan 01, 2007
Dont play with fire
Old flames dont ever die
I am talking from experience
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Eurphoria(f): 7:14pm On Jan 01, 2007
@Topic
Not advisable to, but if there is no Bf in sight then maybe for the winter months never know when you'll need a winter warmer tongue ----**just friends** yeah riteeee grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Flirting,men And Women / Kenyan Curvaceous Socialite,corazon Kwamboka Flaunts Her Massive Behind / Meet A Sexy 63-year-old Grandmother With The Body Of An 18-year-old girl(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.