Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,399 members, 7,846,684 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? (10673 Views)

Woman Drags Ex-lover To Court For Duping And Refusing To Marry Her / Things You Miss About Your Ex Lover. / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by jaybaby(f): 7:24pm On Jan 01, 2007
Eurphoria:

@Topic
[b]never know when you'll need a winter warmer tongue ----**[[/b]i]just friends[/i]** yeah riteeee grin
I like that-Shey u no --If incase ur recent B-F is not around,he can come over grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Eurphoria(f): 7:27pm On Jan 01, 2007
lipsrsealed lol grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by mukina2: 7:35pm On Jan 01, 2007
no more like an emergency friend lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Eurphoria(f): 8:03pm On Jan 01, 2007
Muki
u are rotten , rotten egg
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by jaybaby(f): 8:11pm On Jan 01, 2007
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by mukina2: 8:30pm On Jan 01, 2007
haaaa euphor wetin i do

nor be true grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Radiant(f): 1:31am On Jan 06, 2007
Na so o. . . . wink grin grin grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by marlet01(m): 9:37am On Jan 06, 2007
@ topic

it depends on how you broke up with he/she, cos there is a how you two would break up that you wouldn't want to see each other so i think it depends.
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Radiant(f): 11:11am On Jan 06, 2007
Marlet, I feel you wink grin grin grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Honeypot1(m): 12:55pm On Jan 06, 2007
angry angry angry U do what, Radiant? Oh my, i thought that was only reserved for me, pls tell me it's a joke grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by fellow(m): 1:27pm On Jan 06, 2007
Depends on how you guys broke up. At time i keep them as friends cause you never know when you feel Hot and wants some dish. In cases like that she could always fill in the space and most of the time they dont complain but there are some i can't bear the sight of seeing, They make me puke,
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Radiant(f): 5:11pm On Jan 06, 2007
Honey, wink wink wink
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by tenor(m): 9:56pm On Jan 06, 2007
I'll Keep ex girlfriends i really adored far away from me. It keeps me sane. I can't be a slave to her or my emotions. I should be able to do without her
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by 1star4ever(m): 2:39am On Jan 12, 2007
cool
Ex. is something in the past. It doesn't exist.
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Radiant(f): 7:06pm On Jan 12, 2007
I disagree!
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by fellow(m): 7:36am On Jan 21, 2007
1star4ever:

cool
Ex. is something in the past. It doesn't exist.

Lol think you had a bad ex brother. And if she doesn't exist it only right to conclude that you went out with a GHOST

Radiant:

I disagree!
Well said. But wait oh, how many ex did you say you had? 20? sorry i forgot cry
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 21, 2007
it doesnt matter keeping ur ex as a close friend as long as u guys were compatible while still in a relationship and had to part ways because of other reasons,
my ex has been the only one who understands me till date and even tho were no longer 2gether he is and will always be my one true friend.
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 21, 2007
@ Jaybaby

80% of guys are impotent wink wink
Hmmmm, just saw ur pix, hope ur guy is not impotent.
No hard feelings grin grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Lalas(m): 11:55pm On Jan 21, 2007
now this is one terrible topic.
first of all, why did u guys break up? are u both mature enough to still be 'friends'?
i am totally against it, at best, u guys can be on the hello and hi basislike someone said earlier, but 2 come in during my Hot periods when my bf/gf is not around? now that is totally fcukd, nothing personal i jus think, one should not dwell in stuff u cant handle, esp if u have ur nu partners interest at heart,

what goes around, bleeping comes around!!
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Radiant(f): 12:01am On Jan 22, 2007
Na today?
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by whiteNkem(f): 12:27am On Jan 22, 2007
It is advisable not to fight with anyone, but it's up to you what kind of relationship you decide to have with ur ex. There are so many possible scenarios:
-he broke ur heart, u never wanna see him again => you ignore him;
-he was a lot of fun to be with, so u stick to friends/buddies;
-what a hottie u'd say => you keep him for occasional fun.

It's not that hard, is it?
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Radiant(f): 12:45am On Jan 22, 2007
white`Nkem:

-what a hottie u'd say => you keep him for occasional fun.

Occassional fun huh? OK! wink grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Lalas(m): 9:26pm On Jan 22, 2007
wow!!
@radiant,
no be today, e don tey!! have u ever asked urself why some days are straight out bad?? in terms of different things?? wierd but true,

this might sound crude or 'old fashioned' to some, but extending the relationship u have with EX beyond 'buddies'(which has its limits by d way) to 'ocassional fun' is like; wait, have u seen a dog eat its poop?? undecided
there u go,

shit if u want to get back, get back and cut the crap!!
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by whiteNkem(f): 9:57pm On Jan 22, 2007
it depends a lot on the people involved, though
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Radiant(f): 5:54pm On Jan 24, 2007
Lalas:

wow!!
@radiant,
no be today, e don tey!! have u ever asked yourself why some days are straight out bad?? in terms of different things?? wierd but true,

this might sound crude or 'old fashioned' to some, but extending the relationship u have with EX beyond 'buddies'(which has its limits by d way) to 'ocassional fun' is like; wait, have u seen a dog eat its poop?? undecided
there u go,

shit if u want to get back, get back and cut the crap!!

lol. . . y u screaming? You seeing ghosts or som'n? smiley
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by lioness(f): 10:55am On Feb 08, 2007
@TOPIC
NO
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by larryoncol(m): 6:43pm On Mar 26, 2007
the prince of persia
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by Octupus(f): 11:17pm On Mar 26, 2007
I had a lover.We could not marry for other reasons other than a loveless relationship.Eventually we married other people.Now we are such great family friends,even though our spouses dont know we were ever lovers.We told them we were just childhood friends.And you know what? we share deep secrets now.We help ourselves and our families in anyway possible.Yet we dont feel the sexual attraction anymore.At least,I dont feel so when I am with this ex.

The lesson I learnt from this is that we should not always insist that every relationship must end in marriage.I think the friendship maybe for life even though you dont up marrying each other.
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by amaikama(m): 9:52am On Feb 27, 2008
absolutely not!!!!! angry are u crazy or something!!!!!!! girl wake up before you are hit twice angry
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by kalmebad(f): 12:25pm On Feb 27, 2008
Well said by all.
There is nothing wrong with staying friends with ex-, reason is dat i personaly dont like burning bridges.
To keep it clean , is to keep a distance
Once dated, anything is bound to happen as its hard to entirely keep the past away, i tot it's all by my power of i can do it! but i realised that it was hard 4 both of us to pretend anytime opportunity brought us 2geda. Today he is married and kept coming around, the best way to keep him at his own side,i asked him never to call,txt nor ever visit my house again,it was a hard and best way to deal wit it,and hence it has worked
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by wahala2007(m): 12:35pm On Feb 27, 2008
Octupus:

I had a lover.We could not marry for other reasons other than a loveless relationship.Eventually we married other people.Now we are such great family friends,even though our spouses don't know we were ever lovers.We told them we were just childhood friends.And you know what? we share deep secrets now.We help ourselves and our families in anyway possible.Yet we don't feel the sexual attraction anymore.At least,I don't feel so when I am with this ex.

The lesson I learnt from this is that we should not always insist that every relationship must end in marriage.I think the friendship maybe for life even though you don't up marrying each other.

You call that secrets!!!! I am dissapointed in you
Means you have not totally liberated your mind from every heartaches, fear or whatever
I believe you guys are just scared that the other party will expose or reveal the true identity of your past lives

@Topic- You just have to find a firm way of saying NO,Its over.Except you just want to flirt ,because keeping tabs and communication open with him or her is another way of saying lets continue from where we stopped or I have regrets for moving to some one else.It is dangerous
Just say xcept,you guys havent had any sexual relationship.Then it is healthy infact I recommend
E
Re: Is It Advisable To Keep Your Ex-lover As Friend? by uehEE(f): 5:32pm On Feb 27, 2008
i think its ok having your ex as a friend, as long as your just friends since your now involved with someone else

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Told My Pastor Wife That She's Hot / If The Devil Sees You Are Doing Well He Will Give You A Girlfriend / South African Plus Size Women Pose Completely Unclad In Trending Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.