Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija (69550 Views)

Oprah Winfrey Beats Folorunsho Alakija To Be Richest Black Woman On The Planet / Photo Of Naza, Folorunsho Alakija‘s Daughter-in-law / Folorunsho Alakija 40th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
donofdons:
This is the problem with africans...we men seem to think that a woman is our slave,married to wash and cook then make babbies and bring up children while men sit like a God and a master of the house.

Look at a woman who is meant to be fighting for the rights of her gender encouraging this injustice to women engendered by the bible and all the ancient nonsensense called holy books

A woman is a full equal of man and is not made to serve.....the sacrifice,pains and danger a woman pass through while giving birth to a child is far more than the so called suffering of christ which is meant to save us and instead will condemn a majority of humans to eternal fire for not believing he died for us
did you say " so called suffering of christ"? My Brother even if you don't have respect for anyone, respect your creator. One who came down to earth, died on the cross, endured the pains just to redeem your soul and mine then you use deflamatory words on Him. May God forgive you!

1 Like

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 25, 2016
Eeroh95:
oh...no be her duty abi?.....assuming they are broke and the man told her one day....honey am tired of providing for this family....its not my duty,I've been doing it coz I wanna show love

What makes you think that she wouldn't be providing for her family too? undecided. How many full time housewives do you know?

Also in family arrangements where the man works while the woman doesn't, it is only common sense she takes care of stuffs like that.

Any other kind of arrangement, it is her choice. undecided
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Eeroh95(m): 11:35pm On Mar 25, 2016
daretodiffer:

What makes you think that she wouldn't be providing for her family too? undecided. How many full time housewives do you know?

Also in family arrangements where the man works while the woman doesn't, it is only common sense she takes care of stuffs like that.

Any other kind of arrangement, it is her choice. undecided

only in nigeria I hear such rubbish that I washed my hubbies underwear...men are to provide while women,assist them....so its her duty....she must.....we don't care how she do it
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
Eeroh95:
only in nigeria I hear such rubbish that I washed my hubbies underwear...men are to provide while women,assist them....so its her duty....she must.....we don't care how she do it

Your opnion, you can impose it on your wife.

But for me, it is not a must and I will never choose to wash it. I am not your wife and I can never be wink

Let me be grin
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
If you do, keep it yasef. Ion give an effing 'f' about it. You might as well be lying with 'still' in a past tense. Undies my foot angry mtcheew sad
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
chimkaire:
If you do, keep it yasef. Ion give an effing 'f' about it. You might as well be lying with 'still' in a past tense. Undies my foot angry mtcheew sad

grin
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by sniperr007(m): 11:43pm On Mar 25, 2016
Who we go ask to confirm?
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 25, 2016
daretodiffer:

grin
Is this what she should be telling? Who doesn't want a better life? Could this be her way of inspiring her fellow women. #wubbish Why can't she advise men she done bloating their ego get 'em wives a WM angry
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by VickyRotex(f): 11:45pm On Mar 25, 2016
Eeroh95:
whenever an UNTIL is in a sentence...have patience...its not done yet

"Until 6 years ago" What are you saying please?
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 25, 2016
chimkaire:
Is this what she should be telling? Who doesn't want a better life? Could this be her way of inspiring her fellow women. #wubbish Why can't she advise men she done bloating their ego get 'em wives a WM angry
Idio.ts have already made it a declaration of humility, submissiveness and a woman's duty. grin

Small thing now, WM would be considered a luxury. If Alakija can do it, all women must too tongue

The woman is probably trying to illustrate her own little way of caring for husband
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by linearity: 11:50pm On Mar 25, 2016
Joy1706:

Are you blind? You said and I quote "MY GF WILL EXPECT ME TO BUY AN IPHONE...."

What nerve do you think you have hit? Yeah you get new iPhones every year and I change my Ferrari twice in a year. See how easy it is to make claims on the net? Try again my dear

My sister, take the next turn; you might find solace and kool off.

'Expect' as used in my construct means 'strongle belief that something will or should happen' which is different from the belief that something may happen. I guess you were assuming 'may' which is not the same as 'expect'.

The bottom line is, if your gf 'expects' you to do something, you have little or no wiggle room.

In any case, make you no vess, I no get your time.
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by seaga: 11:50pm On Mar 25, 2016
linearity:

I think we must be responding to different things; my post was not directed at the OP's original post, where Mrs. Alakija was quoted as listing; washing her husband's undies as part of her chores, until six year ago; as you might have erroneously concluded.

Rather, I was responding to a specific post that equates, the washing of undies to submissiveness on the part of the woman...and I argued that, if that activities equates to submissiveness on the part of a lady; it must be equally true to draw the same conclusion, if the man does it; and since the subject of male submissiveness to their wife is a contradiction in our traditional Nigerian setting, it then means such activities by the ladies can not be equal to submissiveness.

Was just trying to prove the poster wrong by contradiction. I will not even response to your insult about IQ; as that will drag this conversation into the gutter. However, if you insist we can both take some IQ tests and compare notes thereafter; there are some reputable online IQ testing centers.

I didn't read the whole. ...just the end,when I noticed IQ.So I would prefer our individual achievement, that's real.
But then , I seriously don't ve your time
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by seaga: 11:53pm On Mar 25, 2016
daretodiffer:

Why undies, why not all his clothes?undecided Or al his meals? Does she iron all his clothes too? Don't forget that she has the money to buy lots of washing machines yet, she chose to wash his undies?. Basically, she is telling the world that she shows love by washing his undies. I don't have a problem with it. She also said she kisses him twice a day, does that mean every woman should also do the same?

I will show love the way I want to but it is definitely not by washing my husband's undies.

Like I said, good luck to that
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 25, 2016
daretodiffer:

Idio.ts have already made it a declaration of humility, submissiveness and a woman's duty. grin

Small thing now, WM would it be consider a luxury. If Alakija can do it, all women must too tongue

The woman is probably trying to illustrate her own little way of caring for husband
Exactly! It will become one of their 'rights'! Haba! It's a total eclipse here and one can't easily get to fuel one's generator, we talking about a man's undie(s). Hmm...moonwalks outta here grin
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
chimkaire:
Exactly! It will become one of their 'rights'! Haba! It's a total eclipse here and one can't easily get to fuel one's generator, we talking about a man's undie(s). Hmm...moonwalks outta here grin

Lolz
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 11:58pm On Mar 25, 2016
linearity:

I think we must be responding to different things; my post was not directed at the OP's original post, where Mrs. Alakija was quoted as listing; washing her husband's undies as part of her chores, until six year ago; as you might have erroneously concluded.

Rather, I was responding to a specific post that equates, the washing of undies to submissiveness on the part of the woman...and I argued that, if that activities equates to submissiveness on the part of a lady; it must be equally true to draw the same conclusion, if the man does it; and since the subject of male submissiveness to their wife is a contradiction in our traditional Nigerian setting, it then means such activities by the ladies can not be equal to submissiveness.

Was just trying to prove the poster wrong by contradiction. I will not even response to your insult about IQ; as that will drag this conversation into the gutter. However, if you insist we can both take some IQ tests and compare notes thereafter; there are some reputable online IQ testing centers.

Praise that lord

We have someone that can reason rationally
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 26, 2016
The day my wife cooks, I will announce it on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by no1fan(f): 12:30am On Mar 26, 2016
[quote author=KingRex1 post=44096046]I dont see young ladies of nowadays towing this path. Its one of the nice things that sets Africa apart from the world.

Its a pity they dont have this kinda mindset anymore[/quote

sharap there
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by guiddoti: 12:54am On Mar 26, 2016
candidbabe:
If you don't wash it, who will?
robotic hyppo grin
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Hilaskee(m): 1:18am On Mar 26, 2016
kingofchess:
and if I check ur certificate u get F9 for English Language..... Vicky na joke ooooh
the English is okay. She still does something UNTIL something happened...

1 Like

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by miqos02(m): 4:38am On Mar 26, 2016
AmAlbert:
No wash am na, leave am make all this small pin charger dem wash am, den you go know say come here and com here na 2 different things
hmmm

1 Like

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by seaga: 5:57am On Mar 26, 2016
daretodiffer:

Small thing now, WM would be considered a luxury. If Alakija can do it, all women must too tongue

Because people don't share your opinion, doesn't mean you should call others idiot, be civilized in your approach. Don't be juvenile.
So pant washing was used to prove her love.You don't get do you.Let me help you a bit,a lot of wives do but won't come out to tell the whole world they do, but she did despite her been the richest woman from Nigeria,the epiphany of success, the height of women's success in entrepreneurial skills,that no woman in Nigeria has ever achieved,yet washes her husband's underwear. Obviously with this alot of angry ladies who uses her as an example when striving to defend their naive course, would leave her out of the list now . Sorry,another one bites the dust.A major one for that matter wink

2 Likes

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by anigbajumo(m): 6:56am On Mar 26, 2016
NanciaKay:
Lol..... who for wash them for you before? Shebi you even stopped 6yrs ago? Why u come the tell us now?

U don't gat the message. She is rich enough to buy plenty washing machine but she prefer using her hand to wash it.

And she would av continue till now if her husband does not stop her.She shows how she love and respect him despite she is an influential woman in Africa,so it is a legacy.

1 Like

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 26, 2016
seaga:

Because people don't share your opinion, doesn't mean you should call others idiot, be civilized in your approach. Don't be juvenile.
So pant washing was used to prove her love.You don't get do you.Let me help you a bit,a lot of wives do but won't come out to tell the whole world they do, but she did despite her been the richest woman from Nigeria,the epiphany of success, the height of women's success in entrepreneurial skills,that no woman in Nigeria has ever achieved,yet washes her husband's underwear. Obviously with this alot of angry ladies who uses her as an example when striving to defend their naive course, would leave her out of the list now . Sorry,another one bites the dust.A major one for that matter wink

I have a right to call them idi.iot because that is what they are. When you try to twist something to suit your depraved ideology, I have every right to call you an idi.ot. Why should idiots expect me to do something because some people chose to. If it weren't a big deal, wash your cloth yourself na. I will even give you my own join tongue

A lot of wives might love washing it, their choice, their business. They are welcome to consider it part of a wifely duties. Their choice gives no right to one moro.n to twist it to mean something else or to think that I am stupi.d for not giving a damn.

If someone expects me to prove anything by washing some pants, he must be delusional grin

Your argument is so out of the window. I have told you why yesterday. I am not getting into it again

1 Like

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 26, 2016
anigbajumo:

U don't gat the message. She is rich enough to buy plenty washing machine but she prefer using her hand to wash it.

And she would av continue till now if her husband does not stop her.She shows how she love and respect him despite she is an influential woman in Africa,so it is a legacy.

Seaga, here is another explanation from a man

A woman who has money to get something done but rather she chose to it herself, it only means one thing and that is love.

There are many ways to show love, but for me washing is not one of it.

2 Likes

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Eeroh95(m): 7:41am On Mar 26, 2016
daretodiffer:

Your opnion, you can impose it on your wife.

But for me, it is not a must and I will never choose to wash it. I am not your wife and I can never be wink

Let me be grin
never said I wanted you to be
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Eeroh95(m): 7:42am On Mar 26, 2016
VickyRotex:

"Until 6 years ago" What are you saying please?
nah ENGLISH.
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 26, 2016
Eeroh95:
never said I wanted you to be
Then sh..ut up and mind ya business
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Eeroh95(m): 7:55am On Mar 26, 2016
daretodiffer:
Then sh..ut up and mind ya business
LOL....no be fight nah...sometimes I wonder how women get angry so easily...you fit kill your opposition for debate with insult instead of the topic discussed..sorry ma
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by bankybobo11: 8:27am On Mar 26, 2016
Mumu comments everywhere

1 Like

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by bankybobo11: 8:30am On Mar 26, 2016
Eeroh95:
LOL....no be fight nah...sometimes I wonder how women get angry so easily...you fit kill your opposition for debate with insult instead of the topic discussed..sorry ma

Bro, that girl's got anger issues. It's better not to quote her anymore
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by dilini(m): 8:41am On Mar 26, 2016
VickyRotex:
" I still wash his undies until six years ago that he insisted I should stop."

I'm not an English Teacher. But I think that's an Oxymoron. It's contradicting. You "still" wash it and yet you stopped washing it 6 years ago.

But we get the point though.

Except you've forgotten how we communicate and express ourselves in English here in Nigeria. I guess she was trying to make us understand the continous tense backed up by a past participle tense in her wifey duties. She's a good wife material (naija expression) even with all the bulky and bulging bank balance... I doff my hat for her. Wish I could have a wife like her. "He that findeth a virtuous wife findeth a good thing and the Lord crowneth her and her husband with overpouring blissful blessings" #MyQuote... lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate / Ladies Pose On The Floor At Shoprite, Umuahia (Photos) / Kevin Chukwumobi @ 50: Meet Nigerian Man Who Turned Billionaire Carrying Corpses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.