Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,110 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija (69565 Views)

Oprah Winfrey Beats Folorunsho Alakija To Be Richest Black Woman On The Planet / Photo Of Naza, Folorunsho Alakija‘s Daughter-in-law / Folorunsho Alakija 40th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 25, 2016
dammytosh:

Guy or gay

Guy : yes

Gay : no
grin

Okay o
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Princewell2012(m): 3:54pm On Mar 25, 2016
donofdons:
This is the problem with africans...we men seem to think that a woman is our slave,married to wash and cook then make babbies and bring up children while men sit like a God and a master of the house.

Look at a woman who is meant to be fighting for the rights of her gender encouraging this injustice to women engendered by the bible and all the ancient nonsensense called holy books

A woman is a full equal of man and is not made to serve.....the sacrifice,pains and danger a woman pass through while giving birth to a child is far more than the so called suffering of christ which is meant to save us and instead will condemn a majority of humans to eternal fire for not believing he died for us

we don.t even know if you're a male or female.

But judging by your submission, you must be a female.

So an injustice was done to a woman when she wash her husband UnCloth Hmmm.

We shall continue to shout civilization, why in the true sense we cannever be like them. And we are very far from it.

Our mentality, our ways of doing thing are totally different.

Listen carefully oyinbo is not our culture, we have our culture apart from religion, but when we live our culture and began to follow another man's culture we cannever get it right.

I see pride in this your comment, and the bible says pride goes before a fall.

Your grandmother and your great grandmother never saw anything wrong in respecting their husband and you re not better than them in any ramification.

Nature and religion enjoys us to r everence our husband, and that is the way it was made to be.

Man and woman are never equal,

today you we here something like this, how can you do this to a woman, why must you do that to a woman, why must you raise your hand on a woman, and person like you will be the first person to shout at the top of your voice, but if that same thing is done to a man, then it is justifiable.

And these are more reasons why Muslims hates America, they believe that America is corrupting the entire world.

If you like you take or leave it, we cannever be like them, they will only ends up in corrupting us, since it is the only thing we knows how to do better.

But in technology, we are no were to be found.

4 Likes

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by VickyRotex(f): 3:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
lielbree:

So a woman is a great wife because she washes her husband pants?

Lol

And did I say that's the reason she is? There's more to being a great wife.

And the fact that a woman choses not to wash her husband's pants doesnt mean she's not a great wife.

Different strokes.

1 Like

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by seaga: 3:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
She is just trying to pass a message to the young ladies, most of the ladies see her as a role model, so she is like if I do that, what the hell are you ladies saying when you say you can't be submissive to your spouse, despite the peanuts you think....

1 Like

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by columbus007(m): 4:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
youngsahito:
[img]http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=image2/Modupe__folorunsho_Alakija_305938083.jpg&size=article_large[/img]

Second richest African woman, Folorunsho Alakija, has revealed she still washes her husband’s undies until recently.

The executive vice chairman of Famfa Oil and group managing director of The Rose of Sharon Group revealed recently how she still dotes on her husband like a teenager who just found love. The Africa’s richest self-made woman, with a net worth estimated at $1 billion said:

“My husband is my best friend, biggest adviser and supporter. We’ve known each other for 40 years and have been married for 37 years now and with four boys. Even though we work in the same office, I always ensure that we kiss twice in a day, morning and night. I still wash his undies until six years ago that he insisted I should stop. I also prepare his special vegetable dish and do his manicure and pedicure regularly.
“I go to the airport to pick him whenever he’s returning from foreign trips. It gives me joy whenever his friends praise my vegetable dish based on what my husband tells them.”

Hmnn, what an inspiration!

https://www.naij.com/777448-still-wash-husbands-underwears-nigerias-richest-woman-folorunsho-alakija.html?source=category_latest_page

[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L0ZvbG9ydW5zaG8tQWxha2lqYS1odXNiYW5kLmpwZ3w2NjA=[/img]
pics of the......or adonbilivit undecided

1 Like

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by andyanders: 4:06pm On Mar 25, 2016
VickyRotex:
" I still wash his undies until six years ago that he insisted I should stop."

I'm not an English Teacher. But I think that's an Oxymoron. It's contradicting. You "still" wash it and yet you stopped washing it 6 years ago.

But we get the point though.

You are on point.When people lie, they can use any language to buttress their point.
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by seaga: 4:13pm On Mar 25, 2016
daretodiffer:
I don't see how this is a big deal sef, if she is using washing machine. No big deal

But handwash, you must be kidding

So your point is
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Stanbeto: 4:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
Thats good Ma, keep it up
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by willibounce1(m): 4:28pm On Mar 25, 2016
Wash kor! Washington ni.
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by swtdrms(m): 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
VickyRotex:

I'm not an English Teacher. But I think that's an Oxymoron. It's contradicting. You "still" wash it and yet you stopped washing it 6 years ago.

Wat ur opinion abt washing her husband undies, that's wat we want to hear.

Wld u do same in same situation?
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by udyheart01(m): 4:32pm On Mar 25, 2016
VickyRotex:

Job Offer: Will You Teach My Nephew And Knees wink English Language
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 25, 2016
seaga:

So your point is
I cannot make a habit of handwashing my husband's undies
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by DetectiveDeb: 4:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
KingRex1:
I dont see young ladies of nowadays towing this path. Its one of the nice things that sets Africa apart from the world.

Its a pity they dont have this kinda mindset anymore

Why should girls of nowadays wash your undies? Do you wash theirs?
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by seaga: 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2016
VickyRotex:

She passed a message and you said you got the point. So what's the fuss about. Since you want to go literature, there's what we call poetic license. She used still, because she is still willing to and possibly when the opportunity arises,she still.
But am glad, you still got the point though
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by seaga: 4:41pm On Mar 25, 2016
daretodiffer:
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by seaga: 4:42pm On Mar 25, 2016
daretodiffer:

Good luck to that
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 25, 2016
CaroLyner:
and so? it is her duty.

When will you people stop with this feeling of entitlement? If a woman is feeling entitled to your money now, we won't hear word. When a woman cooks, cleans, washes for her husband, please just take it as her showing you love. She is not entitled to do so as that is not why she was created. It is not a duty, it is love. Now I see the problem with Nigerian men, you view spending on your woman as a duty instead of a way of showing her love. It's not like you will cook and clean for her, but the little you can do, you'll still. Smh.

1 Like

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 25, 2016
seaga:

Good luck to that

You are welcome

I am glad you are not trying to change my mind.
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by seaga: 4:46pm On Mar 25, 2016
daretodiffer:

You are welcome

I am glad you are not trying to change my mind.

Why would I, Alakija is just wasting her time passing a message to those who are already lost

1 Like

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 25, 2016
seaga:

Why would I, Alakija is just wasting her time passing a message to those who are already lost
Who is lost? undecided

How she shows love to her husband is her business
How I intend to show love is my business
A man that expects that of me must be delusional
The lost ones are the ones who think it is a woman's duty and the ones who cannot comprehend what she is trying to convey
Alakija wouldn't dare ask her own daughter to watch her husband's undies to appear humble. She is not that stupid.

1 Like

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
seaga:
She is just trying to pass a message to the young ladies, most of the ladies see her as a role model, so she is like if I do that, what the hell are you ladies saying when you say you can't be submissive to your spouse, despite the peanuts you think....

I don't think you understand what she is trying to say undecided
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by linearity: 4:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
daretodiffer:
How is it her duty? It is her way of showing love and she likes it.

Women and their Charactization of 'love'...The man buys her expensive jeweries, cars, etc to 'show his love' and the woman washes his undies to 'show her love'.

Women have been deciding men since 1500 with this 'love' matter. My gf will expect me to buy her an iPhone 6s for her birthday, but on unwrapping the nicely package gift from her for my birthday, they contain singlet and socks...mteeech!
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
linearity:

Women and their Charactization of 'love'...The man buys her expensive jeweries, cars, etc to 'show his love' and the woman washes his undies to 'show her love'.

Women have been deciding men since 1500 with this 'love' matter. My gf will expect me to buy her an iPhone 6s for her birthday, but on unwrapping the nicely package gift from her for my birthday, they contain singlet and socks...mteeech!
If that is what she can afford, you would be stupi..d to think less of it

If she could afford to buy something expensive, then you are within your right to get angry
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by linearity: 5:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
seaga:

A woman washing her husband's undies have nothing to do with submissiveness, unless the contrapositive is also true i.e. A man washing his wife's undies is also submissive...so both are not true.
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Joy1706(f): 5:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
I don't understand how a grown man can't wash his own undies. Azzin you will remove boxers and pile for your wife to wash? Lazy men everywhere. Is he a child? You men can fit disgrace yourselves o. A whole head of house can't even clean up his undies. Glorified babies.
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Joy1706(f): 5:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
linearity:

Key word is EXPECT. Can you even afford a used iPhone 6s?
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by bigcil2(m): 5:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
Sijo01:
Na Me go wash your husband pants before? Hia
Hmmm
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by linearity: 5:10pm On Mar 25, 2016
daretodiffer:
If that is what she can afford, you would be stupi..d to think less of it

If she could afford to buy something expensive, then you are within your right to get angry

Nicely put there, if only 90% of women can be that considerate to first ponder if the guy can afford it, before putting pressure on them about their gifts.

A popular Nigerian music in the early 90s, still rings a bell and it is paraphrased like..."your money go woman go".

As a man, 90% of the time, if you lose you job or means of livelihood, you will loose your wife or at the minimum loose some of your respects. In the words of Chris Rock, "...You might not loose her immediately, but the countdown has began".
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
Her life her business.

1 Like

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by ebubey(f): 5:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
kozmokaz:

dem dey give award?
hope u also stay in d first row in church
undecided
hmm no
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
linearity:

Nicely put there, if only 90% of women can be that considerate to first ponder if the guy can afford it, before putting pressure on them about their gifts.

A popular Nigerian music in the early 90s, still rings a bell and it is paraphrased like..."your money go woman go".

As a man, 90% of the time, if you lose you job or means of livelihood, you will loose your wife or at the minimum loose some of your respects. In the words of Chris Rock, "...You might not loose her immediately, but the countdown has began".

You can't blame women. It was your choice to listen to her. You can as well wait till you meet your wife or look before you choose a gf. There are many women out there who wouldn't do that
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by UIA04(f): 5:24pm On Mar 25, 2016
Michellla:
what is the big deal in that?
There is o my sis. How many self made women in naija can boast of such humility today, I remember Dora akunyinlli before she died they said she still cooked her husband's food. Even, ladies working in banks, don't have time, let alone a billionaire. It takes discipline.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate / Kevin Chukwumobi @ 50: Meet Nigerian Man Who Turned Billionaire Carrying Corpses / Ladies Pose On The Floor At Shoprite, Umuahia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.