Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija (69561 Views)

Oprah Winfrey Beats Folorunsho Alakija To Be Richest Black Woman On The Planet / Photo Of Naza, Folorunsho Alakija‘s Daughter-in-law / Folorunsho Alakija 40th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by youngsahito(m): 5:26pm On Mar 25, 2016
donofdons:
This is the problem with africans...we men seem to think that a woman is our slave,married to wash and cook then make babbies and bring up children while men sit like a God and a master of the house.

Look at a woman who is meant to be fighting for the rights of her gender encouraging this injustice to women engendered by the bible and all the ancient nonsensense called holy books

A woman is a full equal of man and is not made to serve.....the sacrifice,pains and danger a woman pass through while giving birth to a child is far more than the so called suffering of christ which is meant to save us and instead will condemn a majority of humans to eternal fire for not believing he died for us

don't tell me DAT ur wife does nothing @ home all because of gender equality....
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by seaga: 5:29pm On Mar 25, 2016
linearity:

A woman washing her husband's undies have nothing to do with submissiveness, unless the contrapositive is also true i.e. A man washing his wife's undies is also submissive...so both are not true.

The undies washing isn't the point exactly, your IQ must be at a level to denote what is written in between the lines
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by cococandy(f): 5:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
She's not being forced to do it.
So it's not slavery.
It's her choice and she likes it. So don't condemn her.
She's not saying other women must do that too.
donofdons:
This is the problem with africans...we men seem to think that a woman is our slave,married to wash and cook then make babbies and bring up children while men sit like a God and a master of the house.

Look at a woman who is meant to be fighting for the rights of her gender encouraging this injustice to women engendered by the bible and all the ancient nonsensense called holy books

A woman is a full equal of man and is not made to serve.....the sacrifice,pains and danger a woman pass through while giving birth to a child is far more than the so called suffering of christ which is meant to save us and instead will condemn a majority of humans to eternal fire for not believing he died for us
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by linearity: 5:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
Joy1706:

Key word is EXPECT. Can you even afford a used iPhone 6s?

Sister make you no vess, it appear that I must have hit a sensitive nerve ending there...go back and re-read the post I replied to, the word EXPECT never appeared anywhere in the post. You must be imagining things.....

As for the iPhone 6s, you must be juvenile for such a low blow...I have gotten new iphones each year, since iPhone 2G (offcourse will be skipping iPhone SE this year, since it is of a lesser feature compare the the 6s) and the post you responded to was typed on a new iPhone 6s....sorry to disappoint you....besides, there is nothing wrong with a used iPhone, I still have my old 5s laying around...working great as a visitor's phone.
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Cherryf(f): 5:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
Wait! Abeg o if she no wash am na me go wash am?
Isnt she nt ashmd to mak such a stmnt u r teln d whole wrld dt u r washn ur own husbnds pants noooo lv am make ifa cm do am for u
no b wetin u dey chop dey inside
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by youngsahito(m): 5:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
Princewell2012:

we don.t even know if you're a male or female.

But judging by your submission, you must be a female.

So an injustice was done to a woman when she wash her husband UnCloth Hmmm.

We shall continue to shout civilization, why in the true sense we cannever be like them. And we are very far from it.

Our mentality, our ways of doing thing are totally different.

Listen carefully oyinbo is not our culture, we have our culture apart from religion, but when we live our culture and began to follow another man's culture we cannever get it right.

I see pride in this your comment, and the bible says pride goes before a fall.

Your grandmother and your great grandmother never saw anything wrong in respecting their husband and you re not better than them in any ramification.

Nature and religion enjoys us to r everence our husband, and that is the way it was made to be.

Man and woman are never equal,

today you we here something like this, how can you do this to a woman, why must you do that to a woman, why must you raise your hand on a woman, and person like you will be the first person to shout at the top of your voice, but if that same thing is done to a man, then it is justifiable.

And these are more reasons why Muslims hates America, they believe that America is corrupting the entire world.

If you like you take or leave it, we cannever be like them, they will only ends up in corrupting us, since it is the only thing we knows how to do better.

But in technology, we are no were to be found.
nice talk bro
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by seaga: 5:39pm On Mar 25, 2016
daretodiffer:
Who is lost? undecided

How she shows love to her husband is her business
How I intend to show love is my business
A man that expects that of me must be delusional
The lost ones are the ones who think it is a woman's duty and the ones who cannot comprehend what she is trying to convey
Alakija wouldn't dare ask her own daughter to watch her husband's undies to appear humble. She is not that stupid.

undecided so why did she tell the whole world she STILL. ..
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 25, 2016
seaga:

undecided so why did she tell the whole world she STILL. ..

Why undies, why not all his clothes?undecided Or al his meals? Does she iron all his clothes too? Don't forget that she has the money to buy lots of washing machines yet, she chose to wash his undies?. Basically, she is telling the world that she shows love by washing his undies. I don't have a problem with it. She also said she kisses him twice a day, does that mean every woman should also do the same?

I will show love the way I want to but it is definitely not by washing my husband's undies.
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by linearity: 5:50pm On Mar 25, 2016
seaga:

The undies washing isn't the point exactly, your IQ must be a level to understand what is written in between the lines

I think we must be responding to different things; my post was not directed at the OP's original post, where Mrs. Alakija was quoted as listing; washing her husband's undies as part of her chores, until six year ago; as you might have erroneously concluded.

Rather, I was responding to a specific post that equates, the washing of undies to submissiveness on the part of the woman...and I argued that, if that activities equates to submissiveness on the part of a lady; it must be equally true to draw the same conclusion, if the man does it; and since the subject of male submissiveness to their wife is a contradiction in our traditional Nigerian setting, it then means such activities by the ladies can not be equal to submissiveness.

Was just trying to prove the poster wrong by contradiction. I will not even response to your insult about IQ; as that will drag this conversation into the gutter. However, if you insist we can both take some IQ tests and compare notes thereafter; there are some reputable online IQ testing centers.

1 Like

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by ovieigho(m): 5:51pm On Mar 25, 2016
my own to point is that the woman is kojo annan's mum, so at worth time did koffi Anna impregnated her
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by MrAJQ(m): 5:51pm On Mar 25, 2016
Very funny! Second richest woman in Africa! And her husband still wear washed undies!!! Stingy woman
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by tickles2luv2016(m): 5:54pm On Mar 25, 2016
Na wash
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by haykay2005: 6:06pm On Mar 25, 2016
VickyRotex:
" I still wash his undies until six years ago that he insisted I should stop."

I'm not an English Teacher. But I think that's an Oxymoron. It's contradicting. You "still" wash it and yet you stopped washing it 6 years ago.

But we get the point though.
Continue to pick errors. I pity your life
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by Princewell2012(m): 6:30pm On Mar 25, 2016
youngsahito:
nice talk bro
thanks God bless you.
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by missyadorable(f): 7:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
KingRex1:
I dont see young ladies of nowadays towing this path. Its one of the nice things that sets Africa apart from the world.

Its a pity they dont have this kinda mindset anymore

Yeah!

I have NEVER,will NEVER,can NEVER wash my husband's linen even the tiniest piece of handkerchief.If he can't use the laundry machine,his hands or drycleaners,good for him.I made it clear to him while we were dating,he understood and married me!

Men of nowadays have also changed
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by amaben2020(m): 7:08pm On Mar 25, 2016
donofdons:

shut up if you have nothing reasonable to say
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by UjSizzle(f): 7:15pm On Mar 25, 2016
KingRex1:
I dont see young ladies of nowadays towing this path. Its one of the nice things that sets Africa apart from the world.

Its a pity they dont have this kinda mindset anymore
I assume you're married to so many self-made young ladies then?
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by VickyRotex(f): 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2016
andyanders:

You are on point.When people lie, they can use any language to buttress their point.

lol. Maybe she's not lying.
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by VickyRotex(f): 7:22pm On Mar 25, 2016
swtdrms:

Wat ur opinion abt washing her husband undies, that's wat we want to hear.

Wld u do same in same situation?

That's not a big deal.
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by gafoo4u: 7:22pm On Mar 25, 2016
VickyRotex:

I'm not an English Teacher. But I think that's an Oxymoron. It's contradicting. You "still" wash it and yet you stopped washing it 6 years ago.

It was supposed to be I used to washing his undies until six years ago that he insisted I should stop
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by VickyRotex(f): 7:23pm On Mar 25, 2016
udyheart01:

Job Offer: Will You Teach My Nephew And Knees wink English Language

cheesy
Yes. I'll teach your Nephew and Hand. wink
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by VickyRotex(f): 7:25pm On Mar 25, 2016
gafoo4u:

It was supposed to be I used to wash his undies until six years ago that he insisted I should stop

Exactly my point. But we understand her though. Just felt I should point that out.

1 Like

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by overdrive(m): 7:25pm On Mar 25, 2016
gafoo4u:

It was supposed to be I used to washing his undies until six years ago that he insisted I should stop

wash
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by VickyRotex(f): 7:27pm On Mar 25, 2016
haykay2005:

Continue to pick errors. I pity your life

I admire your life!
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by blackboy2star(m): 7:29pm On Mar 25, 2016
Nah inside that vegetable she do am...
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by hifaif1: 7:46pm On Mar 25, 2016
VickyRotex:

That is not an oxymoron. When you use two contradictory words side by side, you are applying an oxymoron. For example "the drink has a "bitter sweet" taste. "Bitter Sweet" is an oxymoron.

Her statement is however contradictory as you pointed out!!!
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by wadetaw202: 7:49pm On Mar 25, 2016
VickyRotex:

I Dont think anyone needs knowledge of oxymoron and its lexical application to be the second richest woman in Africa.... Or what do you think
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by akalamoyo(m): 7:52pm On Mar 25, 2016
akalamoyo:
God bless you. A very good response to a very stupid post. Blasphemy at its peak!!!
God bless you. A very good response to a very stupid post. Blasphemy at its peak!!!

Danyl:

am very sure you don't know what you are talking about. one, your suggestions are very rebellious, the day you start feeling that men should be equal to women that day you join the bandwagon of Antichrist. secondly, what pain do you pass through child birth that could be compared to crown of thorns placed on Jesus' head, what can you compare to the nails driven through his hands, hanged on the cross with nails like a criminal, that is blasphemy if you dont know. You make the pains of childbirth looks like its not the same set of women that start having sex two weeks after Haba you no try o..

1 Like

Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by KingRex1(m): 7:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
DetectiveDeb:

Why should girls of nowadays wash your undies? Do you wash theirs?
You pple are always like 'tufiakwa' anytime u hear bou submission to ur future hubby.. I see many divorces in the future
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by akigbemaru: 7:58pm On Mar 25, 2016
alakija
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by DanjaNinja(m): 8:00pm On Mar 25, 2016
VickyRotex:

I'm Priceless. #NoBeJoke.

Everybody is Priceless #TrueTalk
Re: I Still Wash My Husband’s Underwears - Folorunsho Alakija by swtdrms(m): 8:05pm On Mar 25, 2016
VickyRotex:

That's not a big deal.

Not a big deal? u mean as a successful billionaire lady, u will not only respect me as ur husband but u'll also wash my undies and take pride in doing that....Sincerely i doubt it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate / Kevin Chukwumobi @ 50: Meet Nigerian Man Who Turned Billionaire Carrying Corpses / Ladies Pose On The Floor At Shoprite, Umuahia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.