Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,231 members, 7,953,874 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:04 AM

Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches (36470 Views)

5 Important Health Tips When Watching Nigeria World Cup Matches / Man City Replies A Fan Over His Comment On Kelechi Iheanacho / Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by crackjoor: 11:23pm On Mar 25, 2016
lol I tot I was d only who dat noticed how wack d commentator was o... But no be today e start naa, I've once heard a naija commentator saying "..its nigeria 1 and the Other team 0" I was like wtf is "the other team" don't they have a name?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Jidefido(m): 11:25pm On Mar 25, 2016
We need the Egyptian airline to get the ball for us.
Is that commentary when an Egyptian played the ball into the stands. Very dry commentary

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by princemi(m): 11:27pm On Mar 25, 2016
Jidefido:

Like we have two or more debut. Awon olodo. Like I posited, caf NFF and c should employ Jim Beglin and Jon champion

gbam! haba, if pitch is bad and fan turn out is low, at least give us good commentary now...is that too much to ask?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by princemi(m): 11:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
Jidefido:
Is that commentary when an Egyptian played the ball into the stands. Very dry commentary

ya i remember that too...trying to crack a joke like that's what he's paid to do...worst of all the joke is lame
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by princemi(m): 11:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
Jidefido:

ya i remember that too...trying to crack a joke like that's what he's paid to do...worst of all the joke turned out lame
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by StoneColdBiceps(m): 11:31pm On Mar 25, 2016
princemi:
Okay firstly I'd like to express my dismay at the poor diction and obvious lack of requisite knowledge Nigerian commentators portray in our NPFL matches and international matches vs other countries.

And secondly why are Nigerian commentators always expressing their support for the Nigerian side? what happened to just giving a fair commentary like it's done in foreign matches i watch on t.v?? you hear statements like "our" boys are playing well.

This lackluster unprofessional show of mediocrity did not start today but the commentator for today's match vs Egypt was very annoying, i mean it irked me so bad i had to volume down the t.v. but on a second thought i felt i should listen and laugh at his dumbfoundness.

As i kept watching the match, i wasn't satisfied with just listening and laughing so i started documenting (yep it was that bad).

So for those of you that didn't watch the match and those that were too angered to listen to the commentary, here are the one's i picked. Enjoy!

*The game is looking 3 points for the super eagles...really??
*Ogene Caro slide the Egypt number 11 and the ref says play on so If he likes he can lie down for the rest of the game....isn't this partial and rude to the opponent??
* As the captain of the side he would get up....(he said this when Mikel was fouled)... so only captains can get back to their feet after being fouled??
* A kick and a yellow card to....to...(trying to check for the players name but probably didn't find it)...to...(then he realised he could just say the country's name)...to Egypt
*Ogene trying to find his man...As it is this time or that time it did not work...
* As it is now the Egyptians would be satisfied going home conceding all 3 points to the super eagles...who told him that??
* He didn't need to do that a goal would still give us 3 points...showing preference and disrespecting the opponent again (this happened when an Egyptian defender cleared out Moses' golden chance to double the lead)
* We have 3mins to play and if you do 3min by 60 seconds we have 180seconds...the eagles should not slip up...d eagles should not slip up...oh! the Egyptians have equalized!

So there you have it, our joker of a commentator. Add up the one's i missed

Bros, d tin taya meeee. I tink say na only me our commentators dey piss. They r just so so unprofessional. Taking d game personal!

What happen to Femi and the Gang? Those guys are a pride fr Nigerian commentries. You hear dem making comentry on radio and live football match you'll tink its frm Wembly.

from this write up Femi nd d Gang shld bé doing all Nigeria football commentries. Haba!

9 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 25, 2016
princemi:
Okay firstly I'd like to express my dismay at the poor diction and obvious lack of requisite knowledge Nigerian commentators portray in our NPFL matches and international matches vs other countries.

And secondly why are Nigerian commentators always expressing their support for the Nigerian side? what happened to just giving a fair commentary like it's done in foreign matches i watch on t.v?? you hear statements like "our" boys are playing well.

This lackluster unprofessional show of mediocrity did not start today but the commentator for today's match vs Egypt was very annoying, i mean it irked me so bad i had to volume down the t.v. but on a second thought i felt i should listen and laugh at his dumbfoundness.

As i kept watching the match, i wasn't satisfied with just listening and laughing so i started documenting (yep it was that bad).

So for those of you that didn't watch the match and those that were too angered to listen to the commentary, here are the one's i picked. Enjoy!

*Ogene Caro slide the Egypt number 11 and the ref says play on so If he likes he can lie down for the rest of the game....isn't this partial and rude to the opponent??
* As the captain of the side he would get up....(he said this when Mikel was fouled)... so only captains can get back to their feet after being fouled??
* A kick and a yellow card to....to...(trying to check for the players name but probably didn't find it)...to...(then he realised he could just say the country's name)...to Egypt
*Ogene trying to find his man...As it is this time or that time it did not work...
* As it is now the Egyptians would be satisfied going home conceding all 3 points to the super eagles...who told him that??
* He didn't need to do that a goal would still give us 3 points...showing preference and disrespecting the opponent again (this happened when an Egyptian defender cleared out Moses' golden chance to double the lead)
* We have 3mins to play and if you do 3min by 60 seconds we have 180seconds...the eagles should not slip up...d eagles should not slip up...oh! the Egyptians have equalized!

Bro the pidgin commentators are the worst

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by princemi(m): 11:35pm On Mar 25, 2016
StoneColdBiceps:

Bros, d tin taya meeee. I tink say na only me our commentators dey piss. They r just so so unprofessional. Taking d game personal!

What happen to Femi and the Gang? Those guys are a pride fr Nigerian commentries. You hear dem making comentry on radio and live football match you'll tink its frm Wembly.

from this write up Femi nd d Gang shld bé doing all Nigeria football commentries. Haba!

yea totally...i like Femi's commentary. It's arguably the best there is in the country (at the moment)
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Brainaic(m): 11:37pm On Mar 25, 2016
"The Egyptians you see today, you shall see them no more" like seriously

6 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Heymus(m): 11:38pm On Mar 25, 2016
Infact!, i got tired of those two stewpid commentators who choosen to be patrotic rather than be professionals. @op what about this?. :Nigeria nil, Egypt nil, please someone close to the eagles should remind them of the price at stake should them win d match. Money is waiting for them in the hotel. Just shaking my head

6 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Rajosh(m): 11:41pm On Mar 25, 2016
only in Nigerian commentary you'll hear something like 1:1 goalless draw.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Obamina(m): 11:42pm On Mar 25, 2016
He's marking his money y u are here counting his errors. ok oo
princemi:

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by hifaif1: 11:43pm On Mar 25, 2016
There was this match involving the Super Eagles. A Nigerian player was near the opponents' goal and was making a lot of turns so as to create enough space for an attempt at goal. The commentator lost his cool after about five seconds and yelled "Who is this one now? Shoot the ball!"

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Noobshakur(m): 11:48pm On Mar 25, 2016
when a cross from sallah hits Mikel's face and bounces to our goalkeeper "the ball hit him on the face, u can see how red his nose are"

7 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by SirWarlock: 11:48pm On Mar 25, 2016
tobbiiiiy:
See what a teacher was doing during the break-time. Dancing to iyanya's kukere with her students in class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXc-F_DXmdE
hahaha grin cheesy grin
I sure say na Kenya
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by StoneColdBiceps(m): 11:49pm On Mar 25, 2016
princemi:

yea totally...i like Femi's commentary. It's arguably the best there is in the country (at the moment)

From Nigeria inception in football till date Femi n d gang r d best, also one Anazodo guy wit Super Sport?

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by princemi(m): 11:49pm On Mar 25, 2016
Obamina:
He's marking his money y u are here counting his errors. ok oo

dude you can't just decide to be lackadaisical about your job simply cos you get paid whether you do it right or wrong else what's the point?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by princemi(m): 11:51pm On Mar 25, 2016
Noobshakur:
when a cross from sallah hits Mikel's face and bounces to our goalkeeper "the ball hit him on the face, u can see how red his nose are"

haha, didn't catch that one..that man sef
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by princemi(m): 11:53pm On Mar 25, 2016
hifaif1:
There was this match involving the Super Eagles. A Nigerian player was near the opponents' goal and was making a lot of turns so as to create enough space for an attempt at goal. The commentator lost his cool after about five seconds and yelled "Who is this one now? Shoot the ball!"

haha, they always try to double up as coach...once Ahmed Musa misplaced a pass and he said "that's not the Ahmed Musa we know, he should have cross"

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by princemi(m): 11:54pm On Mar 25, 2016
Heymus:
Infact!, i got tired of those two stewpid commentators who choosen to be patrotic rather than be professionals. @op what about this?. :Nigeria nil, Egypt nil, please someone close to the eagles should remind them of the price at stake should them win d match. Money is waiting for them in the hotel. Just shaking my head

oh my God are you for real?

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by chrystalC(m): 11:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
@ OP may God bless u for dis thread, i couldn't help but wonder why naija commentators are so friggin BIASED. purely unprofessionalism at its peak.
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Danelo(m): 11:55pm On Mar 25, 2016
and when the ball hit Mikel on his face which almost resulted I'm an own goal the commentator was like

oh my God you can see his face is actually red......

kept me wondering...
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by princemi(m): 11:56pm On Mar 25, 2016
Brainaic:
"The Egyptians you see today, you shall see them no more" like seriously

pastor/ commentator i guess
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by princemi(m): 11:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
StoneColdBiceps:

From Nigeria inception in football till date Femi n d gang r d best, also one Anazodo guy wit Super Sport?

super sport no dey cary last now. They know the relevance of professionalism

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 11:57pm On Mar 25, 2016
Lol, I remember Nigeria's match against Greece at WC2010. For some reason, it was a Nigerian commentator on duty. So Nigeria concedes a free kick close to the their eighteen yard box and the commentator laments:

"I've been saying this. The Super Eagles should not concede free kicks close to their vital area". One would think he was talking about their crotch. What happened to "in dangerous areas" or "close to their goal post"? Anyway, the Greeks take the free kick and, what do you know, they score! Our dear commentator goes -

"You see..... They've scored us..... I said it..... "

I wanted to pass out.

9 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by tosyne2much(m): 12:00am On Mar 26, 2016
Cybertext:
An Egyptian corner kick was whipped in from the right hand side of the flank and it caused a little bit of pannick as the ball slipped off from the Nigerian goalkeeper to mikels face almost resulting to an own goal....
guess what our able commentator said...
"and the Egyptians are set to take the corner......oh my God!! that would have been criminal if that had gone in"

Like seriously
Can you just imagine ? Smh

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by princemi(m): 12:08am On Mar 26, 2016
senbonzakurakageyoshi:
Lol, I remember Nigeria's match against Greece at WC2010. For some reason, it was a Nigerian commentator on duty. So Nigeria concedes a free kick close to the their eighteen yard box and the commentator laments:

"I've been saying this. The Super Eagles should not concede free kicks close to their vital area". One would think he was talking about their crotch. What happened to "in dangerous areas" or "close to their goal post"? Anyway, the Greeks take the free kick and, what do you know, they score! Our dear commentator goes -

I wanted to pass out.

grin grin yep sounds very much like a Nigerian commentator

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 12:08am On Mar 26, 2016
princemi:

dude there is only one reason the west is better at almost everything than us...Dedication to work. it's not my job to comment on matches, it's theirs so they have to be dedicated and more professional

This exactly. Nigerians and their love of mediocrity. SMH

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by princemi(m): 12:09am On Mar 26, 2016
senbonzakurakageyoshi:

I wanted to pass out.

grin grin yep sounds very much like a Nigerian commentator.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Isaacmacdon(m): 12:09am On Mar 26, 2016
donem:

Not forgetting the legendary Jon Champion.
e be like say u like ps2 sha.
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Destinygrl(f): 12:10am On Mar 26, 2016
now u guys r making me feel bad for not watching the match wld hv hd a gooooood laugh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

World Athletics Ratifies Tobi Amusan's Hurdles World Record / Onuachu Out, Ighalo In: Eguavoen Releases Final Squad List For AFCON 2021 / Rwandan Striker Removes Charm From Goal Post & He Finally Scores!(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.