Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,150 members, 7,811,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches (36119 Views)

5 Important Health Tips When Watching Nigeria World Cup Matches / Man City Replies A Fan Over His Comment On Kelechi Iheanacho / Nigerian Commentators Should Keep Commenting On Our Serious Matches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by LegendaryArnold(m): 12:12am On Mar 26, 2016
I totally agree with you except from the part where you said foreign commentators aren't bias....just listen to English commentary and see how they eulogize their average players.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by princemi(m): 12:12am On Mar 26, 2016
tosyne2much:
Can you just imagine ? Smh

hey dude you watch football too? i thought you are strictly romance section... wink
tosyne2much:
Can you just imagine ? Smh

hey dude you watch football too? i thought you are strictly romance section? cheesy... would have mentioned you

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by princemi(m): 12:14am On Mar 26, 2016
LegendaryArnold:
I totally agree with you except from the part where you said foreign commentators aren't bias....just listen to English commentary and see how they eulogize their average players.

you are right but that's publicity and it's professional. As a matter of fact the British media hype one of the reasons English league is the most followed league in the world
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Rick9(m): 12:15am On Mar 26, 2016
Bro trust me you gat a big heart to listen to Nigeria commentators, mehn I respect your courage, but pls save your ear drums for the future and don't do it again.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Rick9(m): 12:16am On Mar 26, 2016
Everything about Nigeria is so wack, Music film, drama, football etc
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by princemi(m): 12:17am On Mar 26, 2016
Rick9:
Bro trust me you gat a big heart to listen to Nigeria commentators, mehn I respect your courage, but pls save your ear drums for the future and don't do it again.

okay 'wise man' advice taken.
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by dahaz(m): 12:17am On Mar 26, 2016
" The match is about to start. The refree put his whistle in the mouth and he blows it peeeeeeeeeeeee"

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by tosyne2much(m): 12:18am On Mar 26, 2016
princemi:

hey dude you watch football too? i thought you are strictly romance section... wink

hey dude you watch football too? i thought you are strictly romance section? cheesy... would have mentioned you
No be only romance ooooo.. I dey everywhere bro cheesy
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by princemi(m): 12:19am On Mar 26, 2016
Destinygrl:
now u guys r making me feel bad for not watching the match
wld hv hd a gooooood laugh

don't feel to bad, that's why i created the thread. Read through the pages and laugh out loud smiley
Destinygrl:
now u guys r making me feel bad for not watching the match
wld hv hd a gooooood laugh

don't feel to bad, that's why i created the thread. now read through the pages and laugh out loud
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by princemi(m): 12:22am On Mar 26, 2016
tosyne2much:
No be only romance ooooo.. I dey everywhere bro cheesy

correct...all rounder
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by princemi(m): 12:24am On Mar 26, 2016
dahaz:
" The match is about to start. The refree put his whistle in the mouth and he blows it peeeeeeeeeeeee"

...the peeeeee sound signifies the beginning of the first 45 mins here in kaduna grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Melkizedek(m): 12:27am On Mar 26, 2016
princemi:

haha, he was probably referring to Azubuike Egweke of warri wolves...by the way he never really pronounced the Egyptian goalie's name properly. He kept calling him el shawaary grin
Can Jim beglin pronounce azubuike correctly? Butt licking Nigerians.
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Pastis: 12:28am On Mar 26, 2016
[quote author=Temmytea70 post=44111284]

Commentating is actually correct [/quote]

Sorry Oga, the correct word to be used in that context is "commentary" and not "commenting" or "commentating"[color=][/color]
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by princemi(m): 12:29am On Mar 26, 2016
Melkizedek:

Can Jim beglin pronounce azubuike correctly? Butt licking Nigerians.

not entirely correctly but he'll do it and even spice it up with some swag. like Ajiboye in 2007 under 17 world cup, the commentators kept calling him Ajiboy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by kobabe(m): 12:36am On Mar 26, 2016
THATS NOT THE AHMED MUSA WE KNOW.
THIS IS THE AHMED MUSA WE KNOW

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by chival(f): 12:52am On Mar 26, 2016
ogawisdom:

U missed d worst part i e "iwobi is making his first debut for super eagles" when he said this I made him d man of d match grin grin grin

I remember this particular one. Hubby and I had a good laugh over that one.
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by chival(f): 12:53am On Mar 26, 2016
kobabe:
THATS NOT THE AHMED MUSA WE KNOW.

THIS IS THE AHMED MUSA WE KNOW

I remember this too.
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by senatrpaichulo(m): 1:04am On Mar 26, 2016
Tautology. first debute
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Heymus(m): 1:07am On Mar 26, 2016
princemi:

oh my God are you for real?
Nah so i see am oh

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Nobody: 1:46am On Mar 26, 2016
These comments though, lol.
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by kjhova(m): 1:57am On Mar 26, 2016
I watched the game at home with my missus and family and we were all miffed by the poor commentaries to say the least.

The commentaries even made the game worse than it was. To be honest, Supersports need to have standards which they should not go below. How they tolerate the atrocious commentaries on Super Eagles games as well as the NPFL beats my imagination.

"Odion Ighalo appears to be out of his depth"?!? against an Egyptian starting line up that had 7 domestic players??! It killed me over and out!
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by kjhova(m): 2:04am On Mar 26, 2016
HORRENDOUS NIGERIAN COMMENTARIES OF ALL TIMES:
What a bitter shoooot!!
The no. 6 shirted...
He takes a longish pass...
A rather shortish pass...
Even my grand mother could score that
Femi Thomas caressed that ball like a beautiful lady
Good throwing...
Dan the Bull blasted that ball up like a PARACHUTE!!!

6 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by undisputednesta(m): 3:15am On Mar 26, 2016
goodvision12:
Una wey dey yab nigerian commentators make una go comment una own.Una think sey e dey easy to do commentary?aproko ungrateful nigerians.Since you feel they cant do their job of commentary very well why dont you take over and comment in the next match against Egypt?

Go an sidan. He was paid to run a commentary not to b a comedian. If u were paid to do it, den do a good job. Abi Na ur relative d commentator b, mak u confess? So u berra gerraahia.
All posters on dis thread are rili making me laff like a jackal at dis tym of d nyt cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by Nobody: 4:19am On Mar 26, 2016
goodvision12:
Una wey dey yab nigerian commentators make una go comment una own.Una think sey e dey easy to do commentary?aproko ungrateful nigerians.Since you feel they cant do their job of commentary very well why dont you take over and comment in the next match against Egypt?

Please talk with sense. This is a job they are paid for. If they cannot take the time to develop themselves and do it properly, they need to be fired.

I trust you are one nuisance that has never worked before..

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by 124mumsy: 4:28am On Mar 26, 2016
ViVaMadrid:

The word is 'commenting' and not 'commentating'. Oh! You're welcome. wink

The word is 'commenting' and not 'commentating'. Oh! You're welcome.
Mr corrections
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by ireneony(f): 4:31am On Mar 26, 2016
Cybertext:
An Egyptian corner kick was whipped in from the right hand side of the flank and it caused a little bit of pannick as the ball slipped off from the Nigerian goalkeeper to mikels face almost resulting to an own goal....
guess what our able commentator said...
"and the Egyptians are set to take the corner......oh my God!! that would have been criminal if that had gone in"

Like seriously
I can't stop laughinggringrin
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by ireneony(f): 4:33am On Mar 26, 2016
UnknownT:
He passes the ball to the no. 9 SHIRTED player . They use that when the players esp opposition team wear jerseys without names at the back
abeg u go kill person with laugh grin
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by 124mumsy: 4:33am On Mar 26, 2016
Temmytea70:

Commentating is actually correct
I hate it when you want to correct sombody without consulting the advance learner, beside the teacher's in nairaland don't crest thread , they only vesite pupular thread with their eye glasses to correct people error in spelling or typography error
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by ireneony(f): 4:34am On Mar 26, 2016
horsepower24:
lmaoooooo i am rolling on the floor right now
me too grin
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by 124mumsy: 4:37am On Mar 26, 2016
na person job Una dey spoil so oh!
Re: Why Nigerian Commentators Should Not Comment On Serious Matches by ireneony(f): 4:42am On Mar 26, 2016
pomide:
"Moses Simon Takes a shoooooot...oh no! just wide of the Goal!"... the commentator said... "and the Nigerian Player Fires the eiiisssssshhhhhhhhhhh (like he steps on a sharp object)"

I wanted to die!
fall from bed grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Turkish Club, Gulspor Sells 18 Players To Buy 10 Goats (Photos) / Alphonse Williams: Serena And Venus Williams’ 21-Year-Old Nephew Commits Suicide / World Cup 2018: Messi And Argentine Team-mates Lands In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.