Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,905 members, 7,814,062 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (932) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1265687 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (929) (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:22pm On Jul 29, 2018
Anchuna:
My Compaq 615 is giving me problems. Sometimes it starts and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes, before it starts, I had to keep pressing the start button repeatedly for a long time, but sometimes, it starts with one push.

If it behaved well, I used it for like two days before it starts misbehaving. Again, once it starts, the fan makes so much noise, before gradually stabilizing. At times, the fan starts making a lot of noise and the system would shutdown thereafter.

At times, for days or weeks it won't start, no matter the number of times I pressed the start button. And after those days or weeks, one push and it is back to life again. Please help me. I still want to use my Compaq 615.

Might be power switch Issue but I'm suspecting the motherboard. Concerning it making a loud noise, the system needs servicing generally.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GindoX(m): 11:01pm On Jul 29, 2018
tglobal08:

do you have drivers for 1160

No, 1100
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bammo: 7:54am On Jul 30, 2018
my computer isn't showing light on the screen. i can only view the screen when i take it under the sun or when i use torchlight on it. .
please help! I'm using HP Elitebook 8460p
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Harrisee(m): 8:03am On Jul 30, 2018
I've not used my system for two months. Now when I try to switch it on, it blinks light on the power button and then writes a message about my battery not being compatible. Thereafter I cannot type in my password as the keyboard does not respond. When I remove the power connection, it goes off. This is a laptop, please help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:43am On Jul 30, 2018
bammo:
my computer isn't showing light on the screen. i can only view the screen when i take it under the sun or when i use torchlight on it. .
please help! I'm using HP Elitebook 8460p

Back light issue. Take it to a laptop engineer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:45am On Jul 30, 2018
Harrisee:
I've not used my system for two months. Now when I try to switch it on, it blinks light on the power button and then writes a message about my battery not being compatible. Thereafter I cannot type in my password as the keyboard does not respond. When I remove the power connection, it goes off. This is a laptop, please help

Did you leave it with the ba3 inside?

Possible ba3 is dead and keyboard is bad too.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Harrisee(m): 8:47am On Jul 30, 2018
udemzyudex:

Yes I left it with the battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Harrisee(m): 8:47am On Jul 30, 2018
udemzyudex:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:04am On Jul 30, 2018
Harrisee:

The ba3 is dead, thank God it didn't damage the board.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GreatAchiever1: 5:31pm On Jul 30, 2018
udemzyudex:

That's electronics for you.

A good engineer will be able to fix it, it charge only when it is shut down and doesn't when it is on.

Probably the SIO(controller) is not detecting the AD_ID(adapter ID)

Thanks. But what would have been the cause
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 6:03pm On Jul 30, 2018
GreatAchiever1:

Thanks. But what would have been the cause

I really can't say what the cause is.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mayorjosh(m): 10:15pm On Jul 30, 2018
Hello here I have a MacBook Pro 15 retina laptop that I accidentally poured stew on it. The cost of a new board is beyond me so I'm selling the laptop for parts probably the screen and the battery and other parts will be useful so anybody interested should quote me.

Lagos only please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:50am On Jul 31, 2018
mayorjosh:
Hello here I have a MacBook Pro 15 retina laptop that I accidentally poured stew on it. The cost of a new board is beyond me so I'm selling the laptop for parts probably the screen and the battery and other parts will be useful so anybody interested should quote me.

Lagos only please

Picture and price
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by JIGGERNAPPY(m): 6:55am On Jul 31, 2018
Good morning all.
please the windows button on my windows 8 system Hp probook 6470b stopped working, i have used a blower to blow it still it wouldn't work. any solution apart from replacing the entire keyboard?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mayorjosh(m): 7:19am On Jul 31, 2018
horllamy:

Picture and price

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:30am On Jul 31, 2018
JIGGERNAPPY:
Good morning all.
please the windows button on my windows 8 system Hp probook 6470b stopped working, i have used a blower to blow it still it wouldn't work. any solution apart from replacing the entire keyboard?

Since you don't want to replace the keyboard use the mouse cheesy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eskorbrown(m): 9:58am On Jul 31, 2018
Razak5:
Hello.
@2ballz, we need to know the direction the sound is coming from .
@eskorbrown, does the capslock light blink? How many times?
it doesn't blink.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:59am On Jul 31, 2018
udemzyudex:

Since you don't want to replace the keyboard use the mouse cheesy

Yes o.
Although if he wants to still perform simple operations like "Win+R" or "Win+E" , then .....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emmyw(m): 11:17am On Jul 31, 2018
Please If You Fix Laptops And You Are In Ibadan, Kindly Quote Me, My Second PC Is Faulty, Dell Inspiron 1420 Motherboard, If You Can Fix This, Quote Me With Your Number, Let's Talk!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dlee1(m): 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2018
hello Razak5,
I have been planning to ask you if it will be possible for you to sell me HP Elitebook 8760W or Dell Precision M6600 with core i5 and without screen, HDD, RAM, Network card, Bluetooth card since I have a dead HP Pavilion DV 7 1128a Entertainment. I want to use those items mentioned above from my dead laptop to replace the one on the laptop you will sell to me if it is possible for you to do so. If it is possible, please kindly let me know the price.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by WavyJohn: 10:03pm On Jul 31, 2018
wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 2:41pm On Aug 01, 2018
Dlee1:
hello Razak5,
I have been planning to ask you if it will be possible for you to sell me HP Elitebook 8760W or Dell Precision M6600 with core i5 and without screen, HDD, RAM, Network card, Bluetooth card since I have a dead HP Pavilion DV 7 1128a Entertainment. I want to use those items mentioned above from my dead laptop to replace the one on the laptop you will sell to me if it is possible for you to do so. If it is possible, please kindly let me know the price.

Hello Dlee1

1.The screen has a module, so it's not going to be useful.

2. HDD and RAM ( If they are PC3 will still be useful). In some cases, if the RAM isn't PC3L, they will be of no use.

3.Wireless and Bluetooth modules will not work.

Instead of going through all those hassle,

How about HP Elitebook 8560w, Intel Core i5, 1TB/4gb, 2gb NVIDIA Graphics @145k ?

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dlee1(m): 5:30pm On Aug 01, 2018
Razak5:

Hello Dlee1

1.The screen has a module, so it's not going to be useful.

2. HDD and RAM ( If they are PC3 will still be useful). In some cases, if the RAM isn't PC3L, they will be of no use.

3.Wireless and Bluetooth modules will not work.

Instead of going through all those hassle,

How about HP Elitebook 8560w, Intel Core i5, 1TB/4gb, 2gb NVIDIA Graphics @145k ?

*Cheers*

Good day Razak,
I have heard what you said but the bolded though, don't you think it is on a high side? Well let me save more and contact you when am ready but let me tell you at the same time that you inflated the price of that lappy.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 5:47pm On Aug 01, 2018
Dlee1:

Good day Razak,
I have heard what you said but the bolded though, don't you think it is on a high side? Well let me save more and contact you when am ready but let me tell you at the same time that you inflated the price of that lappy.

Loll grin grin
@1TB/8GB ? Naaah I didn't.

*Cheers*

...and happy savings...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dlee1(m): 6:20pm On Aug 01, 2018
Razak5:

Loll grin grin @1TB/8GB ? Naaah I didn't.
*Cheers*
...and happy savings...
I prefer 8760w instead of 8560w. 17inches preferable...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 11:10pm On Aug 01, 2018
Dlee1:

I prefer 8760w instead of 8560w. 17inches preferable...

Alright then
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gbengadaniel42: 8:49am On Aug 02, 2018
* MTN SME data*

SME plans works on all devices; Android, iOS, Windows, Modems, Blackberry, Java, etc.

It doesn't zap and it lasts long.

*08036131273*

MTN CHEAP SME data PLANS AND PRICE

*data PRICE*

1GB N600
2GB N1200
3GB N1800

*And many more! Validity is 90 days (3months). Dial *461*2# to check your balance.*

Payment Method
We accept cash and bank transfer

HOW TO BUY

Send your money to
*0037085141*
Diamond bank
*Ajayi Gbenga Daniel*

Then contact Gbenga Daniel on
*08036131273* (via call/flash/sms/whatsapp).

You will be credited with the *data equivalent* once the alert is confirmed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DorcasShalom: 9:50am On Aug 02, 2018
Hello house, my Hp Pavilion DM4 3050us entertainment pc suddenly started screen problem, it will display after a while goes blank or start going on and off. What could be wrong with the screen and expected solution.
Thanks

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 12:53pm On Aug 02, 2018
DorcasShalom:
Hello house, my Hp Pavilion DM4 3050us entertainment pc suddenly started screen problem, it will display after a while goes blank or start going on and off. What could be wrong with the screen and expected solution.
Thanks

Consider replacing the screen
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by DorcasShalom: 9:22pm On Aug 02, 2018
horllamy:

Consider replacing the screen

Please what's the estimated cost
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 9:34pm On Aug 02, 2018
DorcasShalom:

Please what's the estimated cost

Let’s chat on WhatsApp 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AlhajiWale: 12:43am On Aug 03, 2018
[quote author=udemzyudex post=69672721]

At the back of the laptop, though depends on the model.

You can easily open the ram compartment at the back. [/quote.

I took it to an engineer. He said it's the video card VG. That he'll need to drive it I should pay 1k he didn't check the ram, he said it's not the problem. Should I go ahead?

(1) (2) (3) ... (929) (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) (935) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.