Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (931) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1265661 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (928) (929) (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by odizeey(m): 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2018
Razak5:
Hello. Morning everyone.

@odizeey, @geatestboss.
Diagnosis, diagnosis, diagnosis.... This takes away at least 90% plus of doubts from a certain issue. Take to a technician.

@youngmayor02, we need to see the picture of the said hp15. That series doesn't help(most times) when it comes to getting the hinges.

@okunade55, rather than get a complete bottom case, which will cost like 1/10 the cost of the laptop, why don't you take to @udemzyudex advise of having it properly fixed? Costs up to 1/20 the cost of the PC

Note; many who have the complete bottom might not want to sell just the down plate!! Being a recent laptop.

Although, the picture you sent does not truly reflect the status of the bottom plate. However I believe it's fixable.

@morningstar55
Envy m6 full carcass is available. But it's brand new. Touchpad flex is not available.
Do you mind a used one that's not looking so fresh?

*Cheers everyone*
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mosesoly(m): 6:58pm On Jul 27, 2018
Good evening house, i want to make a bootable flash, where can i download the files, for Xp, and windows
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:12pm On Jul 27, 2018
Mosesoly:
Good evening house, i want to make a bootable flash, where can i download the files, for Xp, and windows

Search for refus.exe and imgburner

Get your windows cd (7,8 or 10)

Insert the cd into your dvd drive and use the imgburner you download to burn it to dot iso file

When it is converted to dot iso file, then you use the refus app with your USB flash connected to the USB port and install a bootable os on it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mosesoly(m): 8:40pm On Jul 27, 2018
udemzyudex:

Search for refus.exe and imgburner

Get your windows cd (7,8 or 10)

Insert the cd into your dvd drive and use the imgburner you download to burn it to dot iso file

When it is converted to dot iso file, then you use the refus app with your USB flash connected to the USB port and install a bootable os on it.

Thanks for always being there....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mathkid007: 1:46pm On Jul 28, 2018
Hello bosses into the house, my Acer Aspire 5735 screen got damaged yesterday, how much will I get a replacement?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 2:11pm On Jul 28, 2018
Mathkid007:
Hello bosses into the house, my Acer Aspire 5735 screen got damaged yesterday, how much will I get a replacement?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mathkid007: 2:24pm On Jul 28, 2018
horllamy:

Chai!...Thanks Sir for d quick reply
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GreatAchiever1: 3:52pm On Jul 28, 2018
Whats happens if ur pc trips off after a while, only charge(increase in battery %) when off.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GreatAchiever1: 4:13pm On Jul 28, 2018
It also shows the message "to skip disk checking, press any key within 8 seconds" on startup
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:52pm On Jul 28, 2018
GreatAchiever1:
It also shows the message "to skip disk checking, press any key within 8 seconds" on startup
This happens because it went off all of a sudden and occurs too many times.

You said it goes off after a while during usage, and only charge when it's off.

Does it charge when it is on, or increase the ba3 percentage?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GindoX(m): 4:52pm On Jul 28, 2018
Hmmm. If u still use the rugged hp laserjet 1100 printer. Then post is for u ooo... No long story..

I gat drivers for it in all versions of windows 8 and 10.... grin

Contact me 07032650520
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GreatAchiever1: 5:42pm On Jul 28, 2018
udemzyudex:

This happens because it went off all of a sudden and occurs too many times.

You said it goes off after a while during usage, and only charge when it's off.

Does it charge when it is on, or increase the ba3 percentage?

No it doesnt increase d ba3 % when on. but it shows d charging light by the side of the pc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 28, 2018
Hello.. Who can please be of help? I'm using elitebook 8440p and just recently, I changed the motherboard and everything is working fine except the lid.

Whenever I close the lid, the system shuts down immediately. I've gone to settings, set it to DO NOTHING but it still doesn't fix the problem. What could be the problem? It keeps shutting down whenever the kid close. Could it be a hardware problem? Software problem? This is driving me crazy..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:47pm On Jul 28, 2018
GreatAchiever1:

No it doesnt increase d ba3 % when on. but it shows d charging light by the side of the pc

Motherboard issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 8:51pm On Jul 28, 2018
HenryDion:
Hello.. Who can please be of help? I'm using elitebook 8440p and just recently, I changed the motherboard and everything is working fine except the lid.

Whenever I close the lid, the system shuts down immediately. I've gone to settings, set it to DO NOTHING but it still doesn't fix the problem. What could be the problem? It keeps shutting down whenever the kid close. Could it be a hardware problem? Software problem? This is driving me crazy..
Which settings? Power option settings?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2018
udemzyudex:

Which settings? Power option settings?

Yes sir
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:13pm On Jul 28, 2018
HenryDion:

Yes sir

Try reload the operating system first, though I'm suspecting the hall switch, some are located on the screen, some at the top of the lid cover and some on the motherboard. It looks like a 3 leg transistor.

Try reload the operating system first.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 28, 2018
udemzyudex:

Try reload the operating system first, though I'm suspecting the hall switch, some are located on the screen, some at the top of the lid cover and some on the motherboard. It looks like a 3 leg transistor.

Try reload the operating system first.

I resetted the system yesterday.. My window 10 got reinstalled, losing all my apps except personal files.. That didn't solve the issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 9:31pm On Jul 28, 2018
HenryDion:

I resetted the system yesterday.. My window 10 got reinstalled, losing all my apps except personal files.. That didn't solve the issue.

I'll Advice you take it to an engineer close to you for proper diagnosis
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 28, 2018
udemzyudex:

I'll Advice you take it to an engineer close to you for proper diagnosis

Okay.. Thanks for your help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tglobal08(m): 1:21am On Jul 29, 2018
GindoX:
Hmmm. If u still use the rugged hp laserjet 1100 printer. Then post is for u ooo... No long story..

I gat drivers for it in all versions of windows 8 and 10.... grin

Contact me 07032650520
do you have drivers for 1160
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by GreatAchiever1: 6:40am On Jul 29, 2018
udemzyudex:

Motherboard issue.
For real?? When d pc is still few months old
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:05am On Jul 29, 2018
GreatAchiever1:

For real?? When d pc is still few months old

That's electronics for you.

A good engineer will be able to fix it, it charge only when it is shut down and doesn't when it is on.

Probably the SIO(controller) is not detecting the AD_ID(adapter ID)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 2Ballz(m): 12:20pm On Jul 29, 2018
Happy Sunday all,

My Dell laptop is seriously making hell of a noise when switch on,its stop but on observation it starts again and doesn't stop after a resumption from a sleep.

What could be wrong?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by eskorbrown(m): 4:23pm On Jul 29, 2018
Gud evening,all.D screen of my laptop is just went blank wen ah put it on.pls help a broder.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
Hello.

@2ballz, we need to know the direction the sound is coming from .

@eskorbrown, does the capslock light blink? How many times?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kodded(m): 5:08pm On Jul 29, 2018
hey guys, so I wanted to buy a laptop from someone but I already have two 4gb ram (i.e. 8gb ram) from my dead laptop and a 500gb harddisk so I told the seller I don't need his ram or hard disk which will make the laptop a lot cheaper to purchase but the issue is that the laptop I want to buy has 350gb harddisk (which i think is the maximum capacity) my question is can my 500gb harddisk be installed on the laptop without any issues ? and can my 8gb ram be installed in the new laptop without any issues too ?

my dead laptop was HP pavilion 15, while the laptop I want to buy is Hp Elitebook 8440p Intel Corei5
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
kodded:
hey guys, so I wanted to buy a laptop from someone but I already have two 4gb ram (i.e. 8gb ram) from my dead laptop and a 500gb harddisk so I told the seller I don't need his ram or hard disk which will make the laptop a lot cheaper to purchase but the issue is that the laptop I want to buy has 350gb harddisk (which i think is the maximum capacity) my question is can my 500gb harddisk be installed on the laptop without any issues ? and can my 8gb ram be installed in the new laptop without any issues too ?

my dead laptop was HP pavilion 15, while the laptop I want to buy is Hp Elitebook 8440p Intel Corei5

Go ahead, nothing do you.

It will work fine.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 2Ballz(m): 5:52pm On Jul 29, 2018
Razak5:
Hello.

@2ballz, we need to know the direction the sound is coming from .

@eskorbrown, does the capslock light blink? How many times?

From the fan,leading to a vibration of the laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kodded(m): 5:59pm On Jul 29, 2018
udemzyudex:

Go ahead, nothing do you.

It will work fine.

for both the ram and the upgraded HDD ? grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Anchuna: 6:41pm On Jul 29, 2018
My Compaq 615 is giving me problems. Sometimes it starts and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes, before it starts, I had to keep pressing the start button repeatedly for a long time, but sometimes, it starts with one push.

If it behaved well, I used it for like two days before it starts misbehaving. Again, once it starts, the fan makes so much noise, before gradually stabilizing. At times, the fan starts making a lot of noise and the system would shutdown thereafter.

At times, for days or weeks it won't start, no matter the number of times I pressed the start button. And after those days or weeks, one push and it is back to life again. Please help me. I still want to use my Compaq 615.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:12pm On Jul 29, 2018
kodded:

for both the ram and the upgraded HDD ? grin

Yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (928) (929) (930) (931) (932) (933) (934) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.