Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,213 members, 7,811,583 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (936) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1264454 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (933) (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:01am On Aug 15, 2018
Hello,

i've this strange issue.

I have a HP G3 250.

It boots VERY VERY slowly. NOT THE OS, but the BIOS screen. stays there for like 9 minutes.

when the OS boots its works OK for such an old laptop.

Common issue i thought, so i tried to fix it.

1. I've upgraded the BIOS

2. i've tested the hard drive and the RAM multiple times with various tools. They pass all tests.

3. I've tried clean install Windows OS.

4. I've tried other OS, Linux and even ChromeOS

same thing.

What is really weird is after it boots up, it works fine (for its age). doesn't lag

I was sure it was the hard drive, but there aren't any errors on that drive and it passes all tests.

The RAM seems to be ok too, i've tried running linux off the RAM alone and it worked.

i'm stumped.

Please quote with replies so i can track your responses
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ajayiopy: 11:54am On Aug 15, 2018
skydancer:
Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux

I need 40 of this device with the following specifications:
BRAND NAME-CHUWI TABLET COMPUTER

ANDROID + WINDOWS (OS),TABLET 9-10 INCH SCREEN,2-4 GB RAM,HDMI PORT,EXTERNAL STORAGE 32-128 GB,INTERNAL STORAGE 8-32G,WIFI CAPABLE,3G COMPACTABLE,5000 mab Li polymer battery,GPS with magnetic detachable keyboard.

I will appreciate your swift response to enable me make decision
you can reach me on-08067533300
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2018
4llerbuntu:
Hello,

i've this strange issue.

I have a HP G3 250.

It boots VERY VERY slowly. NOT THE OS, but the BIOS screen. stays there for like 9 minutes.

2. i've tested the hard drive and the RAM multiple times with various tools. They pass all tests.

same thing.

What is really weird is after it boots up, it works fine (for its age). doesn't lag

I was sure it was the hard drive, but there aren't any errors on that drive and it passes all tests.

The RAM seems to be ok too, i've tried running linux off the RAM alone and it worked.

i'm stumped.

I'm suspecting a corrupt Me region(bios)

You need to flash an upgraded version,via bios programmer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2018
4llerbuntu:
Hello,

i've this strange issue.

I have a HP G3 250.

same thing.

i'm stumped.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 3:55pm On Aug 15, 2018
ajayiopy:

I need 40 of this device with the following specifications:
BRAND NAME-CHUWI TABLET COMPUTER

ANDROID + WINDOWS (OS),TABLET 9-10 INCH SCREEN,2-4 GB RAM,HDMI PORT,EXTERNAL STORAGE 32-128 GB,INTERNAL STORAGE 8-32G,WIFI CAPABLE,3G COMPACTABLE,5000 mab Li polymer battery,GPS with magnetic detachable keyboard.

I will appreciate your swift response to enable me make decision
you can reach me on-08067533300
You can buy this from china, seen some great sellers of this tab on aliexpress
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by abuhazzan(m): 7:12pm On Aug 15, 2018
AmazingAngel:

Thanks, am not in Lagos
Am in escrow house with u now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 6:24am On Aug 16, 2018
udemzyudex:

I'm suspecting a corrupt Me region(bios)

You need to flash an upgraded version,via bios programmer.

If it was 9 sec he mentioned, then I would have said set boot to "fastboot" and try all those boot order sh***.

Buh like you said, sooner or later , the system might not display and we'll all be suspecting VGA.

Remember that dv4 guy?... Exactly my point.

Well, see a technician for this.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sirqeeboi(m): 7:55am On Aug 16, 2018
How do I know original charger? Since my original charger was changed where I repaired my laptop .I Ave been buying charger every 2.5 months...am tired sef..when someone is still using a charger of more than five years now..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TaLLeRBaLLeR(m): 8:05am On Aug 16, 2018
Please Help me. I've been using my desktop computer for some time now, until yesterday I couldn't turn it on. whenever I press the power button, instead of it to come on, it only shows a light beside the power light. so I thought of may be the voltage isn't enough because I use it with a small generator in school. I increased the current/voltage it still didn't come up, so forgetting that I have increased. the current/votage, I toggled a switch behind the CPU from 230 to 110 and something exploded inside. I returned it back to 230, it didn't affect the working condition of the generator but doesn't come on, I switched it to 110, it affects the generator's working condition which shows a component has burnt or spoiled. what could be the problem, and what should I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:30am On Aug 16, 2018
sirqeeboi:
How do I know original charger? Since my original charger was changed where I repaired my laptop .I Ave been buying charger every 2.5 months...am tired sef..when someone is still using a charger of more than five years now..

Let's see a pix of your own. Then I'll post mine. Then compare...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sirqeeboi(m): 8:38am On Aug 16, 2018
Razak5:

Let's see a pix of your own. Then I'll post mine. Then compare...

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:51am On Aug 16, 2018
TaLLeRBaLLeR:
Please Help me. I've been using my desktop computer for some time now, until yesterday I couldn't turn it on. whenever I press the power button, instead of it to come on, it only shows a light beside the power light. so I thought of may be the voltage isn't enough because I use it with a small generator in school. I increased the current/voltage it still didn't come up, so forgetting that I have increased. the current/votage, I toggled a switch behind the CPU from 230 to 110 and something exploded inside. I returned it back to 230, it didn't affect the working condition of the generator but doesn't come on, I switched it to 110, it affects the generator's working condition which shows a component has burnt or spoiled. what could be the problem, and what should I do?

Hi.

Pretty simple - Power unit is out.

There are two voltage options, 110v-230v

110v for where the desktop came from (US), and
220v-240v is the available power supply from our wall sockets in Nigeria. Possibly that from your generator.

Now when you toggled the switch to 110v, the voltage 220v(110v higher) got into the system thus damaging the component the 110v is wired to.

Conversely, if you toggled back to 220v, and you send in 110v (about half) the system wouldn't even come on. Since it'll see the voltage as being too small.

So, different environments, different voltages.
Meaning if you travel back to the US, you're going to toggle to 110v.

You be wan go Yanki by force ni grin grin

Take home point

1. The motherboard is still intact!!

Goodness, it's a desktop...if it were to be a laptop @udemzyudex ,you know the story na grin

2. You will need to change the PSU(Power supply unit) or power pack as it is popularly called.

3. Get No. 2 done, the system will definitely come on. Next is to troubleshoot that initial problem (do not Do It Yourself)

4. Go and Sin no more grin grin

Sorry about the extra expenses...so sad.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 11:31am On Aug 16, 2018
I have original acer in lagos.... sorry for the consistent buying
sirqeeboi:
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sirqeeboi(m): 11:48am On Aug 16, 2018
polimaf:
I have original acer in lagos.... sorry for the consistent buying

Where in Lagos? And what the price
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 11:51am On Aug 16, 2018
Ikotun.... #4000
sirqeeboi:

Where in Lagos? And what the price
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TaLLeRBaLLeR(m): 1:10pm On Aug 16, 2018
Razak5:

Hi.

Pretty simple - Power unit is out.

There are two voltage options, 110v-230v

110v for where the desktop came from (US), and
220v-240v is the available power supply from our wall sockets in Nigeria. Possibly that from your generator.

Now when you toggled the switch to 110v, the voltage 220v(110v higher) got into the system thus damaging the component the 110v is wired to.

Conversely, if you toggled back to 220v, and you send in 110v (about half) the system wouldn't even come on. Since it'll see the voltage as being too small.

So, different environments, different voltages.
Meaning if you travel back to the US, you're going to toggle to 110v.

You be wan go Yanki by force ni grin grin

Take home point

Goodness, it's a desktop...if it were to be a laptop @udemzyudex ,you know the story na grin

2. You will need to change the PSU(Power supply unit) or power pack as it is popularly called.

3. Get No. 2 done, the system will definitely come on. Next is to troubleshoot that initial problem (do not Do It Yourself)

4. Go and Sin no more grin grin

Sorry about the extra expenses...so sad.

*Cheers*
thank you very much. but like how much does the power control unit cost on average. thanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by airsaylongcon: 1:53pm On Aug 16, 2018
Razak5:

Take home point

This kind problem nor fit happen for lappy na. How u wan change the voltage from 110 to 220? Also last last na charger go die first before e reach MOBO
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:34pm On Aug 16, 2018
airsaylongcon:

This kind problem nor fit happen for lappy na. How u wan change the voltage from 110 to 220? Also last last na charger go die first before e reach MOBO

LOL, you sure?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2018
TaLLeRBaLLeR:
thank you very much. but like how much does the power control unit cost on average. thanks!

I'll Advice you to take your cpu to a good engineer for diagnosis. That's all i can say.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2018
Razak5:

If it was 9 sec he mentioned, then I would have said set boot to "fastboot" and try all those boot order sh***.

Buh like you said, sooner or later , the system might not display and we'll all be suspecting VGA.

Remember that dv4 guy?... Exactly my point.

Well, see a technician for this.

*Cheers*

Yeah there are so many symptoms of a corrupt Me region in bios, the the laptop motherboard just doesn't have one bios, we have the Ec bios and Main bios.

Motherboard power on and off after 40-60 seconds is also a fault of corrupt Me region etc.

So if he said he has update bios, test hdd and ram and even reinstall another operating system.
Then that's the only option I can give which is flashing the Me region.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2018
[quote author=sirqeeboi post=70320935][/quote]

So, this is what a follow come should look like.

Main characteristics

1. Cables might look thinner, but are usually stronger and feel dense when the texture is felt with the palm.

Less durable chargers look unnecessarily shiny with shallow cable design.

2. Some look slightly heavier and look solid... Well, don't go looking for 10kg though grin

3. They are a 1000 to 3000 naira more expensive depending on your system.

Other properties like how the brand is written , inscriptions can only be detected by a tech, obviously.

**Important**
When buying a charger, it's important that the power specifications on the laptop corresponds with that in the charger.

Wether Followcome or the other one, you get the spec wrong, you damage your system.

*Cheers*

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sirqeeboi(m): 3:38pm On Aug 16, 2018
Razak5:

So, this is what a follow come should look like.

Main characteristics

1. Cables might look thinner, but are usually stronger and feel dense when the texture is felt with the palm.

Less durable chargers look unnecessarily shiny with shallow cable design.

2. Some look slightly heavier and look solid... Well, don't go looking for 10kg though grin

3. They are a 1000 to 3000 naira more expensive depending on your system.

Other properties like how the brand is written , inscriptions can only be detected by a tech, obviously.

**Important**
When buying a charger, it's important that the power specifications on the laptop corresponds with that in the charger.

Wether Followcome or the other one, you get the spec wrong, you damage your system.

*Cheers*

Thanks..how do I know the power specifications on both lapoter and charger
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 4:59pm On Aug 16, 2018
sirqeeboi:

Thanks..how do I know the power specifications on both lapoter and charger

Pretty simple

Look at the bottom of the laptop, where there's a write-up.

You'll see some writing that look like this;

19v ,2.4A or 18.5V, 3.12A or something higher or lower.

Match this with what's on the charger.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NOBLEstag(m): 5:10pm On Aug 16, 2018
Help, please! I just encountered a problem with my PC.

Booting up my system, trying to log in, what I get is. . .

"User Profile Service service failed to Log in."
"Profile cannot be loaded."

I have tried the safe mode process and all. All to no avail.

Help me, please!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by promisedwealth(m): 5:14pm On Aug 16, 2018
pls my oga help me o my system just turn white half screen i have restart for a long time stil samething pls hw do i fix this am a freelancer and my pc is my office. pix included help me pls

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by polimaf(m): 5:36pm On Aug 16, 2018
OKay guys, when you posting a problem, i think posting with pictures will help a lot for some issues
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TaLLeRBaLLeR(m): 5:48pm On Aug 16, 2018
udemzyudex:

I'll Advice you to take your cpu to a good engineer for diagnosis. That's all i can say.
ok, will do just that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 12:37am On Aug 17, 2018
promisedwealth:
pls my oga help me o my system just turn white half screen i have restart for a long time stil samething pls hw do i fix this am a freelancer and my pc is my office. pix included help me pls

Your screen is bad and need replacement.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 12:38am On Aug 17, 2018
NOBLEstag:
Help, please! I just encountered a problem with my PC.

Booting up my system, trying to log in, what I get is. . .

"User Profile Service service failed to Log in."
"Profile cannot be loaded."

I have tried the safe mode process and all. All to no avail.

Help me, please!

In save mode, did you do a system restore?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by promisedwealth(m): 6:52am On Aug 17, 2018
udemzyudex:

Your screen is bad and need replacement.
pls how much does the screen cost?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 7:26am On Aug 17, 2018
promisedwealth:
pls how much does the screen cost?

What's the model of your laptop or what's the screen size?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by promisedwealth(m): 9:51am On Aug 17, 2018
udemzyudex:

What's the model of your laptop or what's the screen size?
omatek '15.4'

(1) (2) (3) ... (933) (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.