Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,842 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike (35131 Views)

"Buhari Choose Between Amaechi & Rivers People": Protesters Storm Port-Hacourt / Osinbajo Commissions Calabar Monorail (Photos) / Monorail: Wike Is A Shameless Liar – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Firefire(m): 6:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

The problem with listening to inner voices is that if you're a mad man, you hear strange things.

Do you have any empirical evidence relating to 'Mad Men' inner voices ?
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by delivryboy: 6:24pm On Mar 28, 2016
What is this "Elephant Project" I'm seeing on this thread? Do you guys mean 'white elephant project'? Haba graduates!

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Utchman1: 6:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
PRYCE:
Yes don't touch it!

That monorail project is the biggesr scam project I've ever seen. Can you imagine $400m already spent with nothing to show for it.

See, Dasukigate doesn't even touch this!

And tha lizard from Ubima says he doesn't like money! Issorite!

Let's assume it is over-qouted like Wike and most Rivers people believe.

Are we now saying that the money spent on it already should be thrown away?

Which one us more wasteful?

That project will help develop Rivers state and it does not belong to Amaechi nor Wike.

Please Wike should do the rest of the job and expose Amaechi with how much it costs to complete.

Governance is all about continuity.

My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by SycophanticGoat: 6:28pm On Mar 28, 2016
sinistermind:

Thanks for noticing the "grammer"

Welcome.. You still haven't corrected it fully.. Go and remove the "a" there.. wink wink wink
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by godoluwa(m): 6:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
Eboski:
Wike shouldn't touch that project... that project is a WHITE elephant project......
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by realjoker(m): 6:30pm On Mar 28, 2016
jusRadical:

Please keep quiet!!!!!!!!!

What do you know about topography?

What is topography? Did you attend a school at all?

So River State is full of 'muddy' waters? How many swamps are there from Mile 1 to Obigbo along the road? How many bridges from Mile 1 to Obigbo?

Stop disgracing your self!!!! Oh sorry, you no even get any grace, so no disgrace.

Folks who do not know Rivers State dey for their room dey talk nonsense.

We do not have enough roads in Rivers State for now. We need flyovers and not monorail. Checkout what Omeha did at Eleme junction. We need flyovers at places like Tank along east/west road, Artillery, Rumuokoro, Rumuokwuta, etc. We need a modification at Eliozu, Rumuola, etc.
you are the one to keep shut here.

cross
river monorail will be restricted to tinapa free trade zone and calabar international conference center which is not far from each other.
and I don't know what the op smoke when he mentioned $400m spent already on the the project, correction $400m is the total cost of the project about #40+ b has been spent on the project as we speak now wike himself gave the quotation and his reason to abandon the project was do to the shortfall from fg allocation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by flez09: 6:30pm On Mar 28, 2016
Wow...really speechless!! I don't know PH much(only ever been there 3times). Not a supporter of either one of them. But I think (to my little understanding) no matter how poor Rivers State may be...it can afford to give its citizens wider roads...more and better road network, complete the monorail etc. and still be able to generate revenue from these projects when completed. undecided If our politicians are really being patriotic and honest embarassed
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Reptyle(m): 6:31pm On Mar 28, 2016
So according to Governor Wike and the people that spoke to him, it makes more sense to abandon a project that has allegedly gulped so much, rather than finish the job and put it to use.

That project would upgrade the economic status of the state, improve aesthetics, provide jobs for River 's people, etc.

All of that is going to be sacrificed on the altar of personal political differences?

What then happens to all of the money allegedly spent so far on the project?

That does not sound to me like a very well thought out plan.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 28, 2016
Firefire:

Do you have any empirical evidence relating to 'Mad Men' inner voices ?
We hear them when they speak. Like Jesus said...
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Utchman1: 6:32pm On Mar 28, 2016
jamace:
It is not party issue but the viability of the project. Do you know how much has been sunk into that project yet it is no where near completion? The project has gulped N35b yet in that scrappy state.

So the 35b should be thrown away?

I think that decision is more wasteful.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by cashreport: 6:32pm On Mar 28, 2016
omenka:
Just imagine how petty a man who calls himself a people's leader can get. He wouldn't touch it simply because it was initiated by Amaechi, and folks who've never been to Rivers and have no idea the importance of the project to the people of Rivers state would sit in their cocoons typing their endorsements away. At the end of the day, some fools would come tell me how I'm inconsiderate with my comments. cheesy

Shit's never been this buller!! grin

I have always try to ignore you
Well today I went through your profile and your location @ omenka ?
You don't stay in Rivers state and you are not even from here .
Brother focus on your state and hope they are paying salary or rather thinking of building monorail
So many bad road and undeveloped areas need roads and drainage which cost billions
Why wast money on air when the ground is not good
Lastly before I go to back to my office
Omenka what's your state of origin be proud for once and tell us
Hope your governor has many monorails??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 28, 2016
KingTom:
but una mumu o no doubt. Where una see monorail for calabar
F00L
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by aresa: 6:34pm On Mar 28, 2016
This is the most reckless and irresponsible statement ever by any public official. Who do you think you are hurting by not touching or finishing the project? Amaechi or your own people?

This is what you get when you vote in low mentality, crude, crass and irresponsible people to represent you.

What a damn shame...

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
jamace:
It is not hatred. That project is a failure right from inception.
Hope you guys won't wail as usual when The second niger bridge is completely abandoned..
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Delphi(m): 6:37pm On Mar 28, 2016
Hey bro, you are learned and full of wisdom. God bless you.
rottennaija:

This man's talks senselessly. Is cross river States topography like Rivers state? Is their land as muddy as Rivers state? Why not probe the project to a certain where the money went? Was the scope of the monorail the same?

Are the designs and detail the same? Are they passing through land or did bridges needs to be built for them if they are crossing the road? These are issues you find out.

Rivers state needs another mode of transportation apart from road to curb their traffic issues. The population is growing faster than roads built. No amount of roads built can do that. This man should put politics aside and do what will eventually bring benefits to the people of rivers state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Wallade(m): 6:42pm On Mar 28, 2016
How does that bother us?
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Truckpusher(m): 6:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
rottennaija:

This man's talks senselessly. Is cross river States topography like Rivers state? Is their land as muddy as Rivers state? Why not probe the project to a certain where the money went? Was the scope of the monorail the same?

Are the designs and detail the same? Are they passing through land or did bridges needs to be built for them if they are crossing the road? These are issues you find out.

Rivers state needs another mode of transportation apart from road to curb their traffic issues. The population is growing faster than roads built. No amount of roads built can do that. This man should put politics aside and do what will eventually bring benefits to the people of rivers state.
In reality you're the one that talks senselessly by making some **** conjectures to bamboozle your fellow **** in this forum that are so lazy to find out things for themselves instead of relying on the APC controlled media and propagandists like your kind .

You even crowned your **** by asking if Cross River state has the same soil topography with Rivers State which clearly showcases your level of ignorance and talking about bridge and all that jargon you typed here - what bridges were built between loco bus stop , station and lagos roundabout that would warrant a thief like Amaechi to spend billions of naira for a distance where people pay 50 Naira from Abonema wharf to town?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by kceewhyte(m): 6:45pm On Mar 28, 2016
menix:
Oga Wike, we know Amaechi's mono rail is an elephant project but abandoning it won't be a nice idea afterall what is good for rivers state will go a long way to improve lives...

Please, Wike forgive Amaechi nwoke onye Nke ikpe Azu...
white elephant project
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by faghoshe(m): 6:47pm On Mar 28, 2016
With all this i still see no changes wake up in nigeria I ask myself I come did I vote for buhari I ask myself I hope wasn't brainwashed on that day ......... I no want change again
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by kabaka1: 6:48pm On Mar 28, 2016
Yeye dey smell!
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by cashreport: 6:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
[size=14pt]

If you are not on ground in port Harcourt please don't comment what you don't know is a sin

Interview anybody on the street of port Harcourt they will tell you the monorail is a wast and a scam by Ameachi
Distance that is not far
Come to port Harcourt and ask people ok
[/size]
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by ogmaskman: 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
rottennaija:

I have seen the Calabar monorail. It's not same as what we have in rivers state both in scope and design. That of Calabar connects tinapa with the conference centre within same vicinity. It looks like a toy compared to the rivers monorail. Too much politics playing out here. He pretends as if he doesn't know the exact amount spent so far. He said about so and so amount. I will advise wike to go ahead and complete that project. The benefits are immeasurable. If he does, he will write his name in gold, but if he does not, posterity will judge.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
Truckpusher:
In reality you're the one that talks senselessly by making some idiotic conjectures to bamboozle your fellow unintelligent zombies in this forum that are so lazy to find out things for themselves instead of relying on the APC controlled media and propagandists like your kind .

You even crowned your stupidity by asking if Cross River state has the same soil topography with Rivers State which clearly showcases your level of ignorance and talking about bridge and all that jargon you typed here - what bridges were built between loco bus stop , station and lagos roundabout that would warrant a thief like Amaechi to spend billions of naira for a distance where people pay 50 Naira from Abonema wharf to town?
Shut up and call the mods to put the useless ban.
Zombie .

1) Wike should probe Amaechi if he suspects fraud and corruption.
2) This is not about Amaechi, it is about the people he was elected to serve.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by aresa: 6:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
cashreport:

I have always try to ignore you
Well today I went through your profile and your location @ omenka ?
You don't stay in Rivers state and you are not even from here .
Brother focus on your state and hope they are paying salary or rather thinking of building monorail
So many bad road and undeveloped areas need roads and drainage which cost billions
Why wast money on air when the ground is not good

Lastly before I go to back to my office
Omenka what's your state of origin be proud for once and tell us
Hope your governor has many monorails??

You and the ignorant, petty, irresponsible and reckless governor must have missed the fact that other modes of transportation like this metrorail relives pressure on roads, reduces road traffic and stress, reduce and prevents road damage and constant need for road maintenance, it's environmentally friendly, it's faster and get you to your destination which increases human productive hours and saves money and so on and so on.

Regardless how you feel about the project and the initiator, it remains a visionary project. The silly, short sighted and petty should set aside his silly and misguided ego and finish the project, improve on it and take it to the next level, this is what sensible and responsible leaders do.

Letting the people's money go down the drain because of his ignorance, ego, crude and low grade thinking (Like many people on NL) is not only foolish, it's idiotic, abdication of responsibility and criminal..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Truckpusher(m): 6:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
omenka:
Just imagine how petty a man who calls himself a people's leader can get. He wouldn't touch it simply because it was initiated by Amaechi, and folks who've never been to Rivers and have no idea the importance of the project to the people of Rivers state would sit in their cocoons typing their endorsements away. At the end of the day, some fools would come tell me how I'm inconsiderate with my comments. cheesy

Shit's never been this buller!! grin
In as much as I do not support the abandonment of any project , there is still need for accountability and if Amaechi refuses to account for his 8 yrs of recklessness while galivanting with your anti-corruption czar then it is proper for Wike to abandon that project let it serve as a stark reminder to Amaechi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by KingTom(m): 6:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
obakovich:

F00L
look in the mirror you'll be staring at the king of fools grin
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by ogmaskman: 6:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
[quote author=rottennaija post=44192729]

Rivers state needs another mode of transportation apart from road to curb their traffic issues. The population is growing faster than roads built. No amount of roads built can do that. This man should put politics aside and do what will eventually bring benefits to the people of rivers state. [/quote

lemme guess!
You have your head sitting majestically on your shoulders. Sensible post. Pls do not relent in talking sense into the heads of the ignorant. Too many of them here. Kudos.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Truckpusher(m): 6:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
daretodiffer:

1) Wike should probe Amaechi if he suspects fraud and corruption.
2) This is not about Amaechi, it is about the people he was elected to serve.
Countless petitions have been sent to the appropriate authoritiea and suddenly they became deaf and dumb all thanks to the self acclaimed anti-corruption czar whose backyard stinks like every other politician yet he yells "I'll pite kworoftion" wherever he goes.
Everything is zero .

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by nickxtra(m): 6:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
Sunofgod:
Amaechi is a big crook
You can't just conclude like that because you have not heard from the other party
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by KingTom(m): 6:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
ogmaskman:

I have seen the Calabar monorail. It's not same as what we have in rivers state both in scope and design. That of Calabar connects tinapa with the conference centre within same vicinity. It looks like a toy compared to the rivers monorail. Too much politics playing out here. He pretends as if he doesn't know the exact amount spent so far. He said about so and so amount. I will advise wike to go ahead and complete that project. The benefits are immeasurable. If he does, he will write his name in gold, but if he does not, posterity will judge.
this is what I'm trying to explain to the cretins, the calabar 'monorail' can best be described as a short cut to the resort an Apian way if you will but they keep comparing both. You know the funny thing? None of them have ever seen the calabar monorail and I'm sure half of them have never seen the rivers monorail. Meanwhile if Wike feels this will be a good idea then let him carry on he is after all the executive Governor of Rivers state sad
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by longayink: 7:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
Oh no, if the monorail is of any use, let Wike complete it na.

Amaechi is a gadfly. His fight with Jonathan as President resulted in the first ever most expensive standard gauge railway system in Nigeria being built in the north of Nigeria, after that, Amaechi shall complete similar project in the southwest region. Nothing for the old eastern region.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Video Of Aisha Buhari Saying 2 People Dominate Her Husband's Administration / Alaba Excel Abbey Assassinated In Ondo / Boko Haram Flag Given To Buhari By Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.