Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,936 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike (35132 Views)

"Buhari Choose Between Amaechi & Rivers People": Protesters Storm Port-Hacourt / Osinbajo Commissions Calabar Monorail (Photos) / Monorail: Wike Is A Shameless Liar – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by odikimi: 9:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
rottennaija:

This man's talks senselessly. Is cross river States topography like Rivers state? Is their land as muddy as Rivers state? Why not probe the project to a certain where the money went? Was the scope of the monorail the same?

Are the designs and detail the same? Are they passing through land or did bridges needs to be built for them if they are crossing the road? These are issues you find out.

Rivers state needs another mode of transportation apart from road to curb their traffic issues. The population is growing faster than roads built. No amount of roads built can do that. This man should put politics aside and do what will eventually bring benefits to the people of rivers state.
probe u said? d one probed by Wike what has yo Buhari done about it?
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by edwife(f): 9:28pm On Mar 28, 2016
Truckpusher:
Countless petitions have been sent to the appropriate authoritiea and suddenly they became deaf and dumb all thanks to the self acclaimed anti-corruption czar whose backyard stinks like every other politician yet he yells "I'll pite kworoftion" wherever he goes.
Everything is zero .

Trucky how far? Been a while. Hope all is well your side?
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Demdem(m): 9:38pm On Mar 28, 2016
tobiasbeecher:

You're just throwing insults everywhere, don't you have manners?

Kindly ask ur papa. he should know better.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by kentorito2: 9:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
This mono rail no even cover N50 distance ( from lagos bus stop to mile 1 park)
if u stay in portharcourt u will understand better

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Demdem(m): 9:43pm On Mar 28, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

I have no regard for useless APC zombies scattered all over the country, that reason less than a goat. No matter how choicy the area are, that trash is over bloated. If not for shortsightedness, why won't the great lizard of Ubima know that the shît ain't visible? That man probably looted 75% of that money and used it to fund mumuhammado mumuhary's campaign. Btw, I didn't read all the useless, idiotic and stewpid shyt you posted..

Goat didnt read yet he responded. thats the way of goats anyway. grin grin grin grin
Goat think all areas are like him papa goat that is just worth few thousands. Goat didnt even consider the fact that both wike who was amaechi chief of staff and amaechi both made the decision that appriopriate compensation be given out for those that lost their choice properties.
Goat has refused to learn. the cursed animal has refused to accept what she never knew before now. Above all, goat talks about looting but has no evidence to back up her eediocy. I have seen goats but this pathetic state of this cursed one is world class. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Demdem(m): 9:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
odikimi:

Use ur brain. wike needs no buhari permission to prosecute amaechi if indeed he has a case. The thug of a governor is an executive governor and his office through the state AG has all prosecutorial right. Amaechi has no immunity.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by adanny01(m): 9:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
saintkeppy:
. No mind am, even calabar topography is hilly & a bit difficult while ph is flat&easy, the only diff. is calabar mono rail is shorter in distance compare to ph city own so therefore the contractual sum is not the same. Wike should put aside political differences & grudges by completin' it to benefit of Rivers people, it will be to his own Glory,quite unfortunate that money spent so far would have been enough to link bonny lsland & other interior riverian areas like opobo/Andoni etc. to port harcourt city.

Can you honestly tell me that the cost of say a 5 bedroom duplex in the heart of PH is exactly same in the heart Calabar.

I am a Civil engineer, it is stange for you to find exactly the same properties of soil in Calabar and PH. Therefore, its not so simple to compare. Besides, the lenght of the PH project is much more. The piers for the monorail in PH is higher. The PH project includes an independant power generating station for the electric trains. There are more stations in PH. Lastly, part of the built up city that will be compensated is incomparable with PH have more value on properties to compensate.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by rottennaija(m): 9:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
Firefire:
Why, Wike?

We demand you go beyond sentiment and deliver the best dividend of democracy to Rivers.

Wike, listen to your inner voice and follow the right path.

Shalom!

Thats if he has any inner voice
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by ahaika23: 9:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
Amaechi is a southern goat!
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Carter4luv(m): 9:57pm On Mar 28, 2016
istandwithwike for president of nigeria 2019
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by bayinq25(m): 10:15pm On Mar 28, 2016
Jdesilentkiller:
So Wike, do you want to jettisone the progress of Rivers state because of your hatred for Ameachi??.why not complete it if its for the development of your state?? A good government review contracts that are bad and continue those that are good.....if Ameachi monorail is fraud why not review it and purnish any erring party....if its good, what stopping you from completing same.
Your people's welfare should go beyond political affiliation.....or so I thought.
The dumbfvcks ain't complaining they don't want development coz their messiah hates someone...well both parties are gathering of thieves anyway,just that many Nigerians who support them are as thick as manure and half as useful!
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
Demdem:

By the time Amaechi was leaving, 90% of the first phase of the project was done and dusted. this is obvious for all who are interested to go to azikwe road and see what Amaechi left behind.

I am done trying to convince these people who wallow in ignorance and lap every lie spat at them.

They hate Amaechi so much that they will burn him alive for doing good for them.

Food for thought. The Wike they love sat with GEJ, planned and diverted Rivers Crude Oil Wells. Amaechi put his political career on the line to fight Wike and Jonathan to get the wells back.

Yet they love Wike and hate Amaechi. That is enough to let you know the kind of mentality most of these people have.

They want Wike and his thuggish and lying mentality. Give him to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by donem: 10:30pm On Mar 28, 2016
KingTom:
but una mumu o no doubt. Where una see monorail for calabar
U foolish pass them, pls no offense, u no know say calabar monorail done reach 90% completion?
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by kinharold(m): 10:31pm On Mar 28, 2016
rottennaija:

This man's talks senselessly. Is cross river States topography like Rivers state? Is their land as muddy as Rivers state? Why not probe the project to a certain where the money went? Was the scope of the monorail the same?

Are the designs and detail the same? Are they passing through land or did bridges needs to be built for them if they are crossing the road? These are issues you find out.

Rivers state needs another mode of transportation apart from road to curb their traffic issues. The population is growing faster than roads built. No amount of roads built can do that. This man should put politics aside and do what will eventually bring benefits to the people of rivers state.

Governance is about continuity. You don't abandon good project because you don't like the person that started it or because the person has stolen money meant for the project. Wike must have understood that when he offered himself as a governor's candidate in the election. If you feel that Amaechi looted the funds meant for the monorail project, then by all means necessary, probe him and probe the project. If money was taken or stolen, then ask for the money to be returned. Take him to court! Present your evidence and let him defend himself. Or isn't that what the federal government is doing?

But please, don't come to the social media to tell us you can't continue it, not because you don't know the economic benefits it has for the state but because someone has "stolen money" meant for it. Unless you want to let us believe it has no economic benefits. It shows a lack of vision on you as a leader otherwise, unless you don't know it's benefits to the state.

Guy, if you are in Port Harcourt or know Port Harcourt, you will NEVER advice any government, Company or individual to be part of that project. IT HAS COMPLETELY NO economic value to port Harcourt and Rivers state. Please, visit the location, check and ask questions. It was just a drain pipe. If you think otherwise, then thank God Amaechi is the Minister of Transportation; let recommend it to the FG for a takeover or look for private investors. No, politics aside, that project no follow... we all know it.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by kinharold(m): 10:35pm On Mar 28, 2016
kentorito2:
This mono rail no even cover N50 distance ( from lagos bus stop to mile 1 park)
if u stay in portharcourt u will understand better

Not even up to Mile 1 part but just UTC Junction. You will even need another N50 ride to reach Park or Education.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by skot: 10:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
jusRadical:

Please keep quiet!!!!!!!!!

What do you know about topography?

What is topography? Did you attend a school at all?

So River State is full of 'muddy' waters? How many swamps are there from Mile 1 to Obigbo along the road? How many bridges from Mile 1 to Obigbo?

Stop disgracing your self!!!! Oh sorry, you no even get any grace, so no disgrace.

Folks who do not know Rivers State dey for their room dey talk nonsense.

We do not have enough roads in Rivers State for now. We need flyovers and not monorail. Checkout what Omeha did at Eleme junction. We need flyovers at places like Tank along east/west road, Artillery, Rumuokoro, Rumuokwuta, etc. We need a modification at Eliozu, Rumuola, etc.

I think u should take ur advice and shut the hell up. U obviously are an educated illiterate. Go and look up the word topography, it is the reason 100km of road in the north would cost far less than 100km of the same road in the south.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Demdem(m): 10:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I am done trying to convince these people who wallow in ignorance and lap every lie spat at them.

They hate Amaechi so much that they will burn him alive for doing good for them.

Food for thought. The Wike they love sat with GEJ, planned and diverted Rivers Crude Oil Wells. Amaechi put his political career on the line to fight Wike and Jonathan to get the wells back.

Yet they love Wike and hate Amaechi. That is enough to let you know the kind of mentality most of these people have.

They want Wike and his thuggish and lying mentality. Give him to them.

U just have to continue to tell these goats the bitter truth. As long as u are on the truthful path, nothing matters again. sentiments has removed the best part of these fools brains. its unfortunate.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by ojnnaco(m): 11:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
Yet . Amaechi is a Saint cox he is in APC
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by gare(f): 11:18pm On Mar 28, 2016
rottennaija:

Governance is about continuity. You don't abandon good project because you don't like the person that started it or because the person has stolen money meant for the project. Wike must have understood that when he offered himself as a governor's candidate in the election. If you feel that Amaechi looted the funds meant for the monorail project, then by all means necessary, probe him and probe the project. If money was taken or stolen, then ask for the money to be returned. Take him to court! Present your evidence and let him defend himself. Or isn't that what the federal government is doing?

But please, don't come to the social media to tell us you can't continue it, not because you don't know the economic benefits it has for the state but because someone has "stolen money" meant for it. Unless you want to let us believe it has no economic benefits. It shows a lack of vision on you as a leader otherwise, unless you don't know it's benefits to the state.

I believe you didn't watch or listen to the program, reason Wike gave for not continuing with the monorail project was not because Amaechi stole or not, but the money to complete the project is not there and he needs complete projects that will affect the lives of the citizens of the state.

He said he can't promise and fail, whatever he said in is campaign he will give to the citizens.

So take note that is not about his issues with Ameachi, the money that will complete that monorail project will construct a lot of roads for us in Port Harcourt and it environs

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by aresa: 11:31pm On Mar 28, 2016
kinharold:

Guy, if you are in Port Harcourt or know Port Harcourt, you will NEVER advice any government

I hope and pray people like you don't get to be governors or in any position to make irresponsible and reckless decisions..

Company or individual to be part of that project. IT HAS COMPLETELY NO economic value to port Harcourt and Rivers state. Please, visit the location, check and ask questions

Any mode of transportation that can move people from point A to point B has more than economic value.

People leaving okada, taxi and other road based transportation in favor of the metro rail means less stress on the road, less damage and money spent repairing and maintaining the roads has significant economic value, you are just too shortsighted just like the clueless governor.

Where is the sense and wisdom in spending money repairing and maintaining roads instead of building metro rail to move more people easily, faster with less stress and maintenance. Riding the metro saves you time, energy and money so it has significant economic value

The metro rail is environmentally friendly because it doesn't generate dangerous fumes and dust like cars, okada and so on, meaning less people getting sick or going to the hospital wasting time and money.

Metro reduces road accidents, needless deaths and money wasted on hospitalization.

That's a combination of health and financial benefits

It was just a drain pipe.

No, it's a visionary and laudable project that Wike should be very proud of and take to the next level..

If you think otherwise, then thank God Amaechi is the Minister of Transportation; let recommend it to the FG for a takeover or look for private investors. No, politics aside, that project no follow... we all know it.

We are talking about this because you, your kind and the petty governor can not put politics aside and the what's best for his people.

It's a state project so what's the FG got to do with it.? Fashola left the metro rail for Ambode to continue and it's up to ambode to take it to the next level even though amobde himself can not finish the other lines and whoever after him must continue till the metro rings around the whole of Lagos state from badagry to epe, ikorodu, lekki and beyond. And when it's all said and done, we won't be spending money fixing roads, polluting the atmosphere and so on....

You obviously don't know the meaning of economic value...

You go to foreign countries and marvel at such things, but when it comes to your own country, you hold yourselves back, you deny yourself development and modernity all because of hatred, pettiness, tribalism, politics and ignorance...

What I see here mostly is ignorance, shallow thinking and gross shortsightedness...

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by rottennaija(m): 11:47pm On Mar 28, 2016
odikimi:

Wike isn't probing and sending the report to FG, he probes and takes him to court. Or is there no court in Rivers state? Or does Amaechi have immunity?

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Kingspin(m): 11:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
rottennaija:

Only Jonathan and his aids steal, you must hear both APC and PDP side.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by tmone(m): 11:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
its the Rivers people that will bear the brunt of the face-off btw these two "gladiators", its shameful that the common man that soak garri n ground nut will still kill his fellow common man because of a beef btw wike and amechi, that has nothing to do wif them
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Nobody: 12:02am On Mar 29, 2016
xxgig:

You really did not have to insult him. He asked some valid questions which is based on how little he knew rivers state.

I sincerely appologize if I did.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Dalby(m): 12:07am On Mar 29, 2016
Cross rivers monorail is on the ground, Rivers is suspended so they cannot cost the same.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by CopyLearner: 2:27am On Mar 29, 2016
jusRadical:

Can't you folks hear?

We do not need monorail in Rivers State for now!!!

We need more wider roads and more flyovers and modifications to some existing flyovers. Many roads are in bad state like Rumuodara-Eneka road, Eneka-Rukpuokwu road, etc.
You need wider roads and woji that is supposed to be dualized as par the plan of the last administration is just ignored and potholes filled instead? We need as much means of transportation as possible. Rivers state is congested.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by CopyLearner: 2:29am On Mar 29, 2016
bgates:
[s][/]
[size=15pt]
Who is this person called rottennaija ?
Do know or have ever been to Rivers State before??
Monorail that covers just a small distance that a 10years old can walk
Travel and come and see how Ameachi wasted billions
I was born and brought up in Rivers state and currently stay here so I am on ground
The governor should sell some of the already fixed materails n structure
#salethemonorailstructure
Use the Money and fix more bad roads we have in port Harcourt
[/size]
I was also born and raised in ph and I see his comments as being petty. River state needs as much means of transportation as possible
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by CopyLearner: 2:36am On Mar 29, 2016
cashreport:
[size=14pt]

If you are not on ground in port Harcourt please don't comment what you don't know is a sin

Interview anybody on the street of port Harcourt they will tell you the monorail is a wast and a scam by Ameachi
Distance that is not far
Come to port Harcourt and ask people ok
[/size]
Always learnto speak for yourself
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by CopyLearner: 2:37am On Mar 29, 2016
aresa:

You and the ignorant, petty, irresponsible and reckless governor must have missed the fact that other modes of transportation like this metrorail relives pressure on roads, reduces road traffic and stress, reduce and prevents road damage and constant need for road maintenance, it's environmentally friendly, it's faster and get you to your destination which increases human productive hours and saves money and so on and so on.

Regardless how you feel about the project and the initiator, it remains a visionary project. The silly, short sighted and petty should set aside his silly and misguided ego and finish the project, improve on it and take it to the next level, this is what sensible and responsible leaders do.

Letting the people's money go down the drain because of his ignorance, ego, crude and low grade thinking (Like many people on NL) is not only foolish, it's idiotic, abdication of responsibility and criminal..

May God retain your wisdom
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by CopyLearner: 2:47am On Mar 29, 2016
Kennydoc:

I'm sure you didn't see this part of the post

That aside, what topography are you talking about inside PH city where the monorail is supposed to pass? Apart from that, what kind of topographical differences will justify PH monorail being over 11 times more expensive than Calabar's?
Find out the distance the monorail covers in calabar as compared to ph. Also find out the elevation of that in calabar and that of ph. When you ve done that, answer yourself
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by CopyLearner: 2:51am On Mar 29, 2016
chichriso:

Wike is working on all the projects Amaechi left behind apart from Monorqil of which after much consultations, he said the he was advice not to continue with it.

Read well with understanding.
Wike is patching what was left of the previous administration and not doing quality work. I live in rivers state enough to know this. People are clapping for breadcrumbs when they can actually be given bread.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by igwegeorgiano(m): 4:38am On Mar 29, 2016
i have no doubt in my mind that wike joined the wailers association long before it inauguration. in nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Video Of Aisha Buhari Saying 2 People Dominate Her Husband's Administration / Boko Haram Flag Given To Buhari By Army / Alaba Excel Abbey Assassinated In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.