Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,736 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike (35130 Views)

"Buhari Choose Between Amaechi & Rivers People": Protesters Storm Port-Hacourt / Osinbajo Commissions Calabar Monorail (Photos) / Monorail: Wike Is A Shameless Liar – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by agbangam: 7:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
Will d project benefit d citizens? Yes it will.
Was d project over bloated? Probably Yes.
Did Wike also mismanaged funds for ministry of education? Yes he did.
Did Wike/Amaechi used Federal might to bully eachother? Yes dey did.
So who is saint among d two? Non of dem.
NL let's encourage gud things like d mon-rail cos it will be of benefit to d masses, believe me someday we all will see Wike and Amaechi drinking frm same bottle and dey will be laffing @ our foolishness screaming one Nigeria while we are all here insulting our selves over dem.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by nickxtra(m): 7:02pm On Mar 28, 2016
[quote author=ogmaskman post=44195937][/quote]Don't mind that Wike. He talks carelessly and without sense.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by longayink: 7:04pm On Mar 28, 2016
PRYCE:
Yes don't touch it!

That monorail project is the biggesr scam project I've ever seen. Can you imagine $400m already spent with nothing to show for it.

See, Dasukigate doesn't even touch this!

And tha lizard from Ubima says he doesn't like money! Issorite!

No, Amaechi didn't say he doesn't like money. He said because your public do not stone thieves, that's why they, the politicians, steal government money. What an intelligent man Amaechi;, intelligence my bomm bomm.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by ogmaskman: 7:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
Truckpusher:
Countless petitions have been sent to the appropriate authoritiea and suddenly they became deaf and dumb all thanks to the self acclaimed anti-corruption czar whose backyard stinks like every other politician yet he yells "I'll pite kworoftion" wherever he goes.
Everything is zero .

No need for petitions. You can approach the high court with you allegations and commence prosecution. I hear wike has never lost a case in any court in rivers state. Why petition Efcc when you can approach the court with you ...........
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by yaki84: 7:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
Jdesilentkiller:
So Wike, do you want to jettisone the progress of Rivers state because of your hatred for Ameachi??.why not complete it if its for the development of your state?? A good government review contracts that are bad and continue those that are good.....if Ameachi monorail is fraud why not review it and purnish any erring party....if its good, what stopping you from completing same.
Your people's welfare should go beyond political affiliation.....or so I thought.

he said he will complete other projects left by d traitor. also tell amaechi to continue the work on maritime university at warri.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by ogmaskman: 7:06pm On Mar 28, 2016
KingTom:
this is what I'm trying to explain to the cretins, the calabar 'monorail' can best be described as a short cut to the resort an Apian way if you will but they keep comparing both. You know the funny thing? None of them have ever seen the calabar monorail and I'm sure half of them have never seen the rivers monorail. Meanwhile if Wike feels this will be a good idea then let him carry on he is after all the executive Governor of Rivers state sad

Exactly bro.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Arabs999: 7:10pm On Mar 28, 2016
Sunofgod:
Amaechi is a big crook
...Amaechi is a Phriminal...
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by sunshine1974(m): 7:16pm On Mar 28, 2016
rottennaija:

This man's talks senselessly. Is cross river States topography like Rivers state? Is their land as muddy as Rivers state? Why not probe the project to a certain where the money went? Was the scope of the monorail the same?

Are the designs and detail the same? Are they passing through land or did bridges needs to be built for them if they are crossing the road? These are issues you find out.

Rivers state needs another mode of transportation apart from road to curb their traffic issues. The population is growing faster than roads built. No amount of roads built can do that. This man should put politics aside and do what will eventually bring benefits to the people of rivers state.
my friend sharap dere! Are u high ni?
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by adanny01(m): 7:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
rottennaija:

This man's talks senselessly. Is cross river States topography like Rivers state? Is their land as muddy as Rivers state? Why not probe the project to a certain where the money went? Was the scope of the monorail the same?

Are the designs and detail the same? Are they passing through land or did bridges needs to be built for them if they are crossing the road? These are issues you find out.

Rivers state needs another mode of transportation apart from road to curb their traffic issues. The population is growing faster than roads built. No amount of roads built can do that. This man should put politics aside and do what will eventually bring benefits to the people of rivers state.

This reminds me of a high voltage transmission line proposed between Uyo and Eket in Akwa Ibom state. The cost of construction of the line was N2billion plus but due to corruption and greed by property owners, compensation was well above N4billion twice the amount for the actual construction. Unfortunately, almost N1billion had already been expended on offshore equipment purchase for the line and all lie waste as the project is unrealistic with the cost of compensation twice the cost of the project.

N1billion was wasted but the people sabotaged it. Now, if Wike cannot see a way to make the monorail work and ease the serious traffic issues of PH, then he is already a failed governor. PH is the third biggest city in Nigeria and highly built up. Any new constuction in the city will gulp alot of funds as buildings will go down and huge compensation paid. Its a price for development. Rebuilding or expanding a road is not the same thing as building new road where there was no road before in a city. Alot of politics is confusing alot of people.

It is as saying that 10km road in Sokoto will cost like 10% of the cost of the same road in Rivers (fact). If you dont know these facts its better not to say anything. What wike said is highly unfortunate of a governor.

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 28, 2016
Truckpusher:
Countless petitions have been sent to the appropriate authoritiea and suddenly they became deaf and dumb all thanks to the self acclaimed anti-corruption czar whose backyard stinks like every other politician yet he yells "I'll pite kworoftion" wherever he goes.
Everything is zero .

Am I disappointed in Buhari? Hell no! He has been the best civilian president that I can identify with.

Well, I don't believe Wike has done what he needed to do. Where are his evidences? He should gather the evidences and let the relevant authorities take it from there. If that is impossible, he could start a state investigation, the relevant state authorities can subpoena Amaechi to appear by fire or by force. I believe they would be loyal to Wike. that devil has no excuse whatsoever. I believe Wike is a rotten liar., do you actually think he did not receive his own share of the project.

Mind you, Amaechi is not going to regret anything. It is the people that are going to reap the consequences of their actions. both of them directly or indirectly killed your people and looted your treasures for themselves but and all you could do is to support one over the other. In a sane world, both of them would have stoned to death!

I really can't believe you!

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Ahmedhussain3463: 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
michiyke2003:
Somebody should help me tell buhari that we don't need change again,we need transformation,and please explain to him what transformation means before he will hang us on electric transformer. Mr lia mohammed should also be educate about transformation before he will lie about how buhari has been making plan to import electric transformer as our new need. As for professor osibanjo,please help me tell him that transformation is not about promising without actualising. We don't need change again. #Nigeriasaynotochange#
u disgrace people wit sanity
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by dacherish(m): 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
it is only primitive man that will believe Ameachi s expenditure so far
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Demdem(m): 7:32pm On Mar 28, 2016
To the mod that banned me for months.............kiss my arse. Thank Goodness am back.
Bastards abound on these thread..................will be attending to quite a lot grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by xxgig(m): 7:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
jusRadical:

Please keep quiet!!!!!!!!!

What do you know about topography?

What is topography? Did you attend a school at all?

So River State is full of 'muddy' waters? How many swamps are there from Mile 1 to Obigbo along the road? How many bridges from Mile 1 to Obigbo?

Stop disgracing your self!!!! Oh sorry, you no even get any grace, so no disgrace.

Folks who do not know Rivers State dey for their room dey talk nonsense.

We do not have enough roads in Rivers State for now. We need flyovers and not monorail. Checkout what Omeha did at Eleme junction. We need flyovers at places like Tank along east/west road, Artillery, Rumuokoro, Rumuokwuta, etc. We need a modification at Eliozu, Rumuola, etc.
You really did not have to insult him. He asked some valid questions which is based on how little he knew rivers state.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Demdem(m): 7:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
SycophanticGoat:
Toks aka demdem wouldn't see this thread and the comparism between Cross River's monorail and that scam by the great lizard of Ubima. If na to come balls-lick that useless grayish lizard now, the useless APC zombies spread across the country, go carry first..

Goat, only an eternal fool will compare cross rivers monorail to that of PH. Lets start by telling me how much cross rivers paid as compensation to original owners of the land when compared to the billions Rivers paid as compensation to original owners of this choice area of PH. Get that estimate and u will be convinced that ur goat sense is far below par.

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by staymore: 7:37pm On Mar 28, 2016
joshuaidibia:
How will it attract tourist if its not completed?

I mean people from around the world will always come and look at the highest fraud in the history of Rivers state. Let the monorail remain like that.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by DauraDullard0(m): 7:38pm On Mar 28, 2016
joshuaidibia:
How will it attract tourist if its not completed?
As an antiquity
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Demdem(m): 7:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
Abagworo:

Amaechi completed the 1st phase and it is a long term ppp which was altered because of his fall out with government at the center. Had Dakuku succeeded and with support of FG he could have brought back private investors for phase 2 from UTC to Waterlines and phase 3 Waterlines to Airforce. The project is viable for private investors once Government limits taxis/buses plying that route.

By the time Amaechi was leaving, 90% of the first phase of the project was done and dusted. this is obvious for all who are interested to go to azikwe road and see what Amaechi left behind.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Demdem(m): 7:40pm On Mar 28, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

So he should ignore the huge scam running into hundreds of millions of dollars and continue with that scam the great lizard of Ubima left behind eh? undecided undecided undecided

Are u ok? what scam? what do u call what is on ground on Azikwe road? Omereji investigated the project, please tell me what page of his report did he ever indict Amaechi on the project?

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Demdem(m): 7:42pm On Mar 28, 2016
jusRadical:

Can't you folks hear?

We do not need monorail in Rivers State for now!!!

We need more wider roads and more flyovers and modifications to some existing flyovers. Many roads are in bad state like Rumuodara-Eneka road, Eneka-Rukpuokwu road, etc.

[size=20pt]I agree with u. Amaechi kind of fly overs and standardized roads and not Odilis kind of flyovers (eg:Rumola) or wike open gutter roads. [/size]

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by omenka(m): 7:48pm On Mar 28, 2016
Truckpusher:
In as much as I do not support the abandonment of any project , there is still need for accountability and if Amaechi refuses to account for his 8 yrs of recklessness while galivanting with your anti-corruption czar then it is proper for Wike to abandon that project let it serve as a stark reminder to Amaechi.
Wike should please abandon it without looking back bro. He has my full support.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by chachanga: 7:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
rottennaija:

i THOUGHT SO TOO!

This is how the core principles of continuity in governance is not only flouted but trampled on by Nigerian Vagrants In Power that we see as our VIPs and leaders.

Letting that Monorail project go moribund and abandoned will only serve to further waste taxpayer's funds and intensify hardships that could have been otherwise ameliorated in the aftermath of the dance of shame that the Petroleum sector is engaged in right now, ehn?

Until the good people of Nigeria stop following politicians up and down mumu-ishly, solutions will still elude the country. Laws need to be enacted restricting arbitrary spending. Issues have to be brought to the people as the final decision makers. All the parliaments have failed from state to state, nationwide. Most are populated, through and through, by inept but cantankerously vociferous loudmouths with greedy oozing out of every pore of their rotting souls. You can't entrust the lives of Nigeria's future leaders to such people? You shouldn't be able to pick and choose. You should come in, taking inventory of the projects on ground for the benefit of the people and you should be mandated by legislation, in the interest of the same people, to continue ongoing pro-developmental projects whether it was your party or candidate that initiated it or not.

I no fit talk abeg let community action arise and be galvanized for meaningful legislation to be made in the best interest of the people, enough of all the partisan bullshy.t folks are being force-fed daily.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by SycophanticGoat: 7:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
Demdem:

Goat, only an eternal fool will compare cross rivers monorail to that of PH. Lets start by telling me how much cross rivers paid as compensation to original owners of the land when compared to the billions Rivers paid as compensation to original owners of this choice area of PH. Get that estimate and u will be convinced that ur goat sense is far below par.

Only an idiotic imbecîle wouldn't see that those amounts were over bloated. What will one compensate that will make such project run into hundreds of millions of dollars and not naira oh! Even if na heavenly land, the compensation no go reach like that. Chai! Senseless and stewpid APC supporters scattered across the country can so justify corruption, as long as it is coming from their candidate. I don't blame them, I blame their bigoted leaders that guide them on the part of bigotry.. Shame on all of them..
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Akainzo(m): 7:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
SycophanticGoat:
Toks aka demdem wouldn't see this thread and the comparism between Cross River's monorail and that scam by the great lizard of Ubima. If na to come balls-lick that useless grayish lizard now, the useless APC zombies spread across the country, go carry first..

Hmmmm, when people compare Apples to Oranges, they would only get confused.

This is a case of comparing a Mr A that went to Lagos from PH for N8,200 and a Mrs B that went to the same Lagos for N24,800, by simply saying "both went to Lagos". Na dindinrin sense be that if one went by Road and the other by Air.

Cross River Monorail is using rails on the ground, while Rivers is a suspended rail with up to 100 pylons.

Also, the Cross River monorail passes through virgin lands whereas the Rivers monorail is through much developed choice areas of PH with the added cost for demolition and compensation.

Wike is better advised to leave politics and complete the project, he should learn from what Lagos is currently facing today as it abandoned its Metro in the 80's. At least now, Lagos is back constructing its Blue, Black and Yellow lines of rail transport. If he thinks Amaechi committed fraud, then probe him and charge him to court seeing as Amaechi has no immunity.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Kennydoc(m): 7:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
rottennaija:

I'm sure you didn't see this part of the post

The monorail is a system designed by Intamin, and is similar to the monorail that was constructed in Moscow Russia for $240 million dollars by the same monorail manufacturer.

According to experts following the monorail development, the Moscow system that connects to the Moscow subway is more extensive than the Rivers system with more frequency of traffic and sophistication.

That aside, what topography are you talking about inside PH city where the monorail is supposed to pass? Apart from that, what kind of topographical differences will justify PH monorail being over 11 times more expensive than Calabar's?
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Demdem(m): 7:57pm On Mar 28, 2016
Truckpusher:
Everything is zero .

Just another senseless talk from my good friend. The one Omereji came up with, how far and well has the thug wike gone with it? grin grin grin
Continue to deceive ur shameless self. grin grin grin
Amaechi has presented himself before EFCC before becoming minister and so far all petitions against him has been found to be frivilous, baseless and senseless. Even Omereji, despite being instructed to indict him came back empty. joke on u. grin grin grin
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by DauraDullard0(m): 7:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
daretodiffer:
Am I disappointed in Buhari? Hell no! He has been the best civilian president that I can identify with.

Well, I don't believe Wike has done what he needed to do. Where are his evidences? He should gather the evidences and let the relevant authorities take it from there. If that is impossible, he could start a state investigation, the relevant state authorities can subpoena Amaechi to appear by fire or by force. I believe they would be loyal to Wike. that devil has no excuse whatsoever. I believe Wike is a rotten liar., do you actually think he did not receive his own share of the project.

Mind you, Amaechi is not going to regret anything. It is the people that are going to reap the consequences of their actions. both of them directly or indirectly killed your people and looted your treasures for themselves but and all you could do is to support one over the other. In a sane world, both of them would have stoned to death!

I really can't believe you!
The reason you're not disappointed in the Dullard is because you're holed up somewhere in Scotland.... Enjoying stable electricity, good infrastructure and a better quality of life. People like you are the problem with Nigeria. Everything has nose-dived in this country since the Dullard took over the mantle of leadership. Nigerians are suffering and groaning in pains and a **** like you deems it fit to type nonsense from your comfort zone in the UK.

Buhari is the worst thing that has happened to Nigeria since amalgamation.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by omenka(m): 8:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
cashreport:

I have always try to ignore you
Well today I went through your profile and your location @ omenka ?
You don't stay in Rivers state and you are not even from here .
Brother focus on your state and hope they are paying salary or rather thinking of building monorail
So many bad road and undeveloped areas need roads and drainage which cost billions
Why wast money on air when the ground is not good
Lastly before I go to back to my office
Omenka what's your state of origin be proud for once and tell us
Hope your governor has many monorails??
"You've always tried to ignore me"?? Like, wtf. I don't even notice you at all, seeing the moniker for the first time.

Who gives a fart whether or not you ignore anyone?? Matter of fact, I'd prefer if none of you even quote me or mention my moniker because you hardly make any sense when you speak.

Keep ignoring me bro, it's best for you.

By the way, your diction sucks big time- got me wondering what manner of "office" you were "walking back to".

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by loomer: 8:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
rottennaija:

So because the topography for both state no be the same mean say make them spend additional 100million and e never still reach half of the one wey dem spend less.
E no kuku concern me cos that naija suffer me don jump am pass tay tay.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by chichriso: 8:02pm On Mar 28, 2016
rottennaija:

You simply need thorough deliverance and that you will get if you dont take time.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by joshuaidibia(m): 8:02pm On Mar 28, 2016
staymore:

I mean people from around the world will always come and look at the highest fraud in the history of Rivers state. Let the monorail remain like that.
Lol.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by chichriso: 8:04pm On Mar 28, 2016
missdebs:
this right here is why development is difficult to nogeira

Thats why you cant spell Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu, Amaechi, Osinbajo, Okorocha Are Slaves To The North - Fani Kayode / Gunmen Burn Down Anambra Police Zonal Headquarters / Senate Rejects Motion To Release Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.