Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike (35135 Views)

"Buhari Choose Between Amaechi & Rivers People": Protesters Storm Port-Hacourt / Osinbajo Commissions Calabar Monorail (Photos) / Monorail: Wike Is A Shameless Liar – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by tpiah01: 4:41am On Mar 29, 2016
kinharold:

Guy, if you are in Port Harcourt or know Port Harcourt, you will NEVER advice any government, Company or individual to be part of that project. IT HAS COMPLETELY NO economic value to port Harcourt and Rivers state. Please, visit the location, check and ask questions. .

have you seen anywhere in the world where train service has no economic value in an industrial and economic hub?

If you are fighting for okada riders, keke napep drivers, etc, are you aware they can be employed by the train service if completed, and if they enroll in training for jobs they can fit into there?
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by tpiah01: 4:44am On Mar 29, 2016
wiki page on the Rivers State monorail:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivers_State_Monorail

seems there is fear over completing or installing this project.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by tpiah01: 4:45am On Mar 29, 2016
Rivers monorail website:

http://riversmonorail.ng/
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by wadetaw202: 5:16am On Mar 29, 2016
bettercreature:
See what hatred has caused

You mean hatred of amechi against the people of rivers state that made him build a $40 million monorail for $400 million? Or what were you trying to point out?
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by lielbree: 7:26am On Mar 29, 2016
rottennaija:

This man's talks senselessly. Is cross river States topography like Rivers state? Is their land as muddy as Rivers state? Why not probe the project to a certain where the money went? Was the scope of the monorail the same?

Are the designs and detail the same? Are they passing through land or did bridges needs to be built for them if they are crossing the road? These are issues you find out.

Rivers state needs another mode of transportation apart from road to curb their traffic issues. The population is growing faster than roads built. No amount of roads built can do that. This man should put politics aside and do what will eventually bring benefits to the people of rivers state.

Governance is about continuity. You don't abandon good project because you don't like the person that started it or because the person has stolen money meant for the project. Wike must have understood that when he offered himself as a governor's candidate in the election. If you feel that Amaechi looted the funds meant for the monorail project, then by all means necessary, probe him and probe the project. If money was taken or stolen, then ask for the money to be returned. Take him to court! Present your evidence and let him defend himself. Or isn't that what the federal government is doing?

But please, don't come to the social media to tell us you can't continue it, not because you don't know the economic benefits it has for the state but because someone has "stolen money" meant for it. Unless you want to let us believe it has no economic benefits. It shows a lack of vision on you as a leader otherwise, unless you don't know it's benefits to the state.

Pls keep quite!
I didn't need to read more than the first paragraph to know you are not from rivers state!
Who told you that were the monorail is currently situated is swampy or muddy?

What sort of malicious lie against the people of rivers state is this?

Pls face your state!

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by lielbree: 7:32am On Mar 29, 2016
Jdesilentkiller:
So Wike, do you want to jettisone the progress of Rivers state because of your hatred for Ameachi??.why not complete it if its for the development of your state?? A good government review contracts that are bad and continue those that are good.....if Ameachi monorail is fraud why not review it and purnish any erring party....if its good, what stopping you from completing same.
Your people's welfare should go beyond political affiliation.....or so I thought.

Are you aware that the entire distance of that monorail in PH is not more than a 5min walk? The thing Ameachi spent $400m on is just a trek able distance.... it was useless from the beginning so why put more money in it?

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by jayAjoku(m): 7:42am On Mar 29, 2016
ALOT OF daft illiterate fellows around in my opinion he shouldn't continue it because the previous government already doled out money for its completion instead of paying salaries the project is an eyesore i cry when i move by the structure. If ameachi wants to help rivers people he should use his federal might to find the contractors strike a deal and finish it or turn it into a federal project.. Note he handed the project to sir Harcourt white as political favours go
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by hopilo: 7:44am On Mar 29, 2016
rottennaija:

This man's talks senselessly. Is cross river States topography like Rivers state? Is their land as muddy as Rivers state? Why not probe the project to a certain where the money went? Was the scope of the monorail the same?

Are the designs and detail the same? Are they passing through land or did bridges needs to be built for them if they are crossing the road? These are issues you find out.

Rivers state needs another mode of transportation apart from road to curb their traffic issues. The population is growing faster than roads built. No amount of roads built can do that. This man should put politics aside and do what will eventually bring benefits to the people of rivers state.

Governance is about continuity. You don't abandon good project because you don't like the person that started it or because the person has stolen money meant for the project. Wike must have understood that when he offered himself as a governor's candidate in the election. If you feel that Amaechi looted the funds meant for the monorail project, then by all means necessary, probe him and probe the project. If money was taken or stolen, then ask for the money to be returned. Take him to court! Present your evidence and let him defend himself. Or isn't that what the federal government is doing?

But please, don't come to the social media to tell us you can't continue it, not because you don't know the economic benefits it has for the state but because someone has "stolen money" meant for it. Unless you want to let us believe it has no economic benefits. It shows a lack of vision on you as a leader otherwise, unless you don't know it's benefits to the state.

What topography are talking about? is the Rivers monorail crossing any River? or is River not found in Cross River? please when we see corruption let fight it.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 29, 2016
CopyLearner:

You need wider roads and woji that is supposed to be dualized as par the plan of the last administration is just ignored and potholes filled instead? We need as much means of transportation as possible. Rivers state is congested.

Please which plan of the last administration? Like the abysmally poor quality work on Eneka-Igwurita road?

Why did Amechi not start the Woji road?

Why did he not start the Elelenwo road?

Why rush to start the monorail? Why did Amechi not complete the TransAmadi road?

Why did he not modify Rumuola flyover?
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 29, 2016
hopilo:

What topography are talking about? is the Rivers monorail crossing any River? or is River not found in Cross River? please when we see corruption let fight it.

Please do not mind him.

From PH town to Obigbo is water like 3rd mainland bridge.

Many people are allergic to the truth.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by alexmexzy: 10:15am On Mar 29, 2016
I will only advise wike to forget the past and move on rather he will end up been like his predecessor.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by CopyLearner: 10:47am On Mar 29, 2016
jusRadical:

Please which plan of the last administration? Like the abysmally poor quality work on Eneka-Igwurita road?

Why did Amechi not start the Woji road?

Why did he not start the Elelenwo road?

Why rush to start the monorail? Why did Amechi not complete the TransAmadi road?

Why did he not modify Rumuola flyover?

I don't know about any other community but Woji road was highly politicized by the then king- ezebakabaka. Ezebakabaka had properties on the road side and never allowed amaechi fix the road
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by michylabo(m): 11:49am On Mar 29, 2016
There are more important projects he is focusing on rather than spend time and money on something that is not needed now. Allocation has been slashed from about 10billion to 4billion....

He mentioned construction of roads, ensuring civil servants gets salaries and back log which the former administration owed and improving health sector.
Many roads started by the past administration are now completed under this new admin....

The style is probably work for first 3 years and embezzle the remaining one year...lol

Anyhow, sha..the guy they really work hard... PHC residents are happy with him. So i heard..
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by kinharold(m): 11:52am On Mar 29, 2016
aresa:

I hope and pray people like you don't get to be governors or in any position to make irresponsible and reckless decisions..

Any mode of transportation that can move people from point A to point B has more than economic value.

People leaving okada, taxi and other road based transportation in favor of the metro rail means less stress on the road, less damage and money spent repairing and maintaining the roads has significant economic value, you are just too shortsighted just like the clueless governor.

Where is the sense and wisdom in spending money repairing and maintaining roads instead of building metro rail to move more people easily, faster with less stress and maintenance. Riding the metro saves you time, energy and money so it has significant economic value

The metro rail is environmentally friendly because it doesn't generate dangerous fumes and dust like cars, okada and so on, meaning less people getting sick or going to the hospital wasting time and money.

Metro reduces road accidents, needless deaths and money wasted on hospitalization.

That's a combination of health and financial benefits

No, it's a visionary and laudable project that Wike should be very proud of and take to the next level..

We are talking about this because you, your kind and the petty governor can not put politics aside and the what's best for his people.

It's a state project so what's the FG got to do with it.? Fashola left the metro rail for Ambode to continue and it's up to ambode to take it to the next level even though amobde himself can not finish the other lines and whoever after him must continue till the metro rings around the whole of Lagos state from badagry to epe, ikorodu, lekki and beyond. And when it's all said and done, we won't be spending money fixing roads, polluting the atmosphere and so on....

You obviously don't know the meaning of economic value...

You go to foreign countries and marvel at such things, but when it comes to your own country, you hold yourselves back, you deny yourself development and modernity all because of hatred, pettiness, tribalism, politics and ignorance...

What I see here mostly is ignorance, shallow thinking and gross shortsightedness...

I dont know you personally so I cant call you names. But if you know the location of the Monorail and the cost so far, you will be sincere enough to know that no sensible Government or Company can invest in it, moreso in the present economic times. About 400m USD spent already on a less than 2km monorail that is still far from completion. if it is a commercial investment, how long do you think it will take to recoup the capital and make profit. What is the transport situation/options from Station Bus stop to UTC junction. That area is one of the neatest and most organised part of Port Harcourt. There is a smooth and convenient N50 Taxi or Bus ride for that distance.

Question: If you are at Station Bustop going to Pack or Education, is Monorail ur best option? definitely NO. Why?, Monorail will take more time (loading etc), Monorail will stop U at UTC Junction, where U will need another Taxi or Bus to get to Pack or Education.

If that amount of money was used on Port Harcourt roads, by now we will have more flyovers, wider roads and better roads, and we will all raise Amaechi. Amaechi was the best governor talking about infrastructure especially roads but THAT MONORAIL WAS A BIG MISTAKE, and he knows it.

Last line:
Can Amaechi recommend such a project to PMB?
If you are to give an investment advice, can you do profitability Analysis of the project and recommend it to your company or any foreign or local investor?. Think Economy, not Politics.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by lexyclasy: 2:08pm On Mar 29, 2016
rottennaija:

My friend don't be as rotten as your name , develop the habit of reading and comprehending contents...the project is a monumental flop with over N80B gone down the drain without getting to anywhere....He challenge your likes that the same project embark by Cross River State is at a test run level with a minimal cost design by the same company handling Amaechi Monorail project...don't be myopic, try to separate politics, sentiments and facts ......a project that is not up-to 1km yet billions wasted and you want wike's admin to continue to waste abi.....help me ask your Herod of Ubima what he is doing with Rivers money, he sold state own power plant at the eve of his administration winding down with billions, then what about the Braithwhite hospital without a single structure apart from in the model yet billions have been allocated to....i have never seen in my life how wasteful, greedy, selfish arrogant silly is the person called Rotimi Amaechi .......Posterity in Rivers state will ever judge his name and whoever that links with the name
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by grooga(m): 3:12pm On Mar 29, 2016
The monorail project would have stood out as Amaechi's greatest legacy in River's state. We all know there was a concerted effort to see his efforts fail, after falling out with the previous GEJ administration. The so called abandoned projects being finished and commissioned by Wike, would have been completed since, if he had not been frustrated and starved of funds. I pray that same treatment is not meted out to Wike, for the greater good of Rivers state. Wike needs to bury the hatchet with Amaechi.
If it's true, Amaechi used Rivers funds to sponsor PMB's election... is it not Rivers that would gain more from it? Or would y'all prefer he converts it to his own use. I urge those fighting Amaechi to sheath their swords.... in all it could be a win-win situation for the state.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by aresa: 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2016
kinharold:

I dont know you personally so I cant call you names. But if you know the location of the Monorail and the cost so far, you will be sincere enough to know that no sensible Government or Company can invest in it, moreso in the present economic times. About 400m USD spent already on a less than 2km monorail that is still far from completion. if it is a commercial investment, how long do you think it will take to recoup the capital and make profit. What is the transport situation/options from Station Bus stop to UTC junction. That area is one of the neatest and most organised part of Port Harcourt. There is a smooth and convenient N50 Taxi or Bus ride for that distance.

Question: If you are at Station Bustop going to Pack or Education, is Monorail ur best option? definitely NO. Why?, Monorail will take more time (loading etc), Monorail will stop U at UTC Junction, where U will need another Taxi or Bus to get to Pack or Education.

If that amount of money was used on Port Harcourt roads, by now we will have more flyovers, wider roads and better roads, and we will all raise Amaechi. Amaechi was the best governor talking about infrastructure especially roads but THAT MONORAIL WAS A BIG MISTAKE, and he knows it.

Last line:
Can Amaechi recommend such a project to PMB?
If you are to give an investment advice, can you do profitability Analysis of the project and recommend it to your company or any foreign or local investor?. Think Economy, not Politics.

1. Investing money on roads and road repairs is not the issue here, the issue is another mode of transportation that saves time, saves money, improve productivity, environmentally friendly and general modernization of the transportation system which every Nigeria should be in favor and fully supportive of.

2. Such projects are not built and finished singularly, they are done in phases so saying it doesn't each this and that places sounds a little bit shortsighted. You start from somewhere and it's up to the man or woman after you to take it to the next level till it reaches every corner of the state.

3. Fashola started Lagos Metro Rail and didn't even finish the first phase, but are Lagosians crying and moaning because it won't take them to Badagry or Ikorodu or is Ambode saying he won't touch it because it can not take people to every corner of the state or because when people take it, they still have to take taxi from here to there?

4. It's a very absurd argument. You start from point A, then go to point B till you reach point Z even if it consumes 30 years to reach point Z. Rome wasn't built in a day, they started from somewhere.

5. At the end of the day, you end up with less bad roads, little or no money wasted on road repairs because you now have your population patronizing the metrorail, less cars messing up your roads, less pollution from toxic fumes, less road and deadly accidents, less hospitalization because of accidents simply because metrorails are almost 100% accident free and needs very little maintenance.

The governor is obviously a man of very low intellect just like many across the country and this issue exemplifies his low intellect, irresponsible, crude and crass behavior. Also shows that he's void of vision and incapable of formulating anything better than the same petty political fixations and enemy syndrome at the expense of the people of the state.

Jakande who started the first Lagos Metro rail 30 years ago was a visionary leader, Fashola who rekindled and restored the project remains a visionary leader because it's the right thing to do, he didn't run away from it because the state lost money on the project 30 years ago, it is the future and leaders just be futuristic and always aspire for greatness.

Amaechi also remains a visionary leader for starting this project because it's the future of transportation, good quality of life and modernization.

Amaechi delivered more infrastructures than all the states in that region combined including Akpabio with the largest state budget in Nigeria.

Akpabio built a ordinary football field, but Amaechi built a whole sports complex with olympic style and FIFA ratted stadium, swimming pool, boxing court, tennis court, basket ball court and so on

Amaechi was the only governor who built a major olympic ratted and the only state sports complex in Nigeria.

Amaechi built more and the most modern schools in Nigeria and than the rest of the country

Amaechi built more health centers than any government in the history of Nigeria

Amaechi built roads, bridges and flyovers

Only Fashola in Lagos state can match his record pound for pound..

I do understand the hatred, political pettiness, shallow thinking and myopic sentiments clouding people's mentality including the governor, but Amaechi's record remains unmatched and Wike just revealed than he's no match for Amaechi and can never be visionary or take that state to the next grand level. This is what the man is basically telling us.

What a sad shame...

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by kinharold(m): 8:13pm On Mar 29, 2016
aresa:

1. Investing money on roads and road repairs is not the issue here, the issue is another mode of transportation that saves time, saves money, improve productivity, environmentally friendly and general modernization of the transportation system which every Nigeria should be in favor and fully supportive of.

2. Such projects are not built and finished singularly, they are done in phases so saying it doesn't each this and that places sounds a little bit shortsighted. You start from somewhere and it's up to the man or woman after you to take it to the next level till it reaches every corner of the state.

3. Fashola started Lagos Metro Rail and didn't even finish the first phase, but are Lagosians crying and moaning because it won't take them to Badagry or Ikorodu or is Ambode saying he won't touch it because it can not take people to every corner of the state or because when people take it, they still have to take taxi from here to there?

4. It's a very absurd argument. You start from point A, then go to point B till you reach point Z even if it consumes 30 years to reach point Z. Rome wasn't built in a day, they started from somewhere.

5. At the end of the day, you end up with less bad roads, little or no money wasted on road repairs because you now have your population patronizing the metrorail, less cars messing up your roads, less pollution from toxic fumes, less road and deadly accidents, less hospitalization because of accidents simply because metrorails are almost 100% accident free and needs very little maintenance.

The governor is obviously a man of very low intellect just like many across the country and this issue exemplifies his low intellect, irresponsible, crude and crass behavior. Also shows that he's void of vision and incapable of formulating anything better than the same petty political fixations and enemy syndrome at the expense of the people of the state.

Jakande who started the first Lagos Metro rail 30 years ago was a visionary leader, Fashola who rekindled and restored the project remains a visionary leader because it's the right thing to do, he didn't run away from it because the state lost money on the project 30 years ago, it is the future and leaders just be futuristic and always aspire for greatness.

Amaechi also remains a visionary leader for starting this project because it's the future of transportation, good quality of life and modernization.

Amaechi delivered more infrastructures than all the states in that region combined including Akpabio with the largest state budget in Nigeria.

Akpabio built a ordinary football field, but Amaechi built a whole sports complex with olympic style and FIFA ratted stadium, swimming pool, boxing court, tennis court, basket ball court and so on

Amaechi was the only governor who built a major olympic ratted and the only state sports complex in Nigeria.

Amaechi built more and the most modern schools in Nigeria and than the rest of the country

Amaechi built more health centers than any government in the history of Nigeria

Amaechi built roads, bridges and flyovers

Only Fashola in Lagos state can match his record pound for pound..

I do understand the hatred, political pettiness, shallow thinking and myopic sentiments clouding people's mentality including the governor, but Amaechi's record remains unmatched and Wike just revealed than he's no match for Amaechi and can never be visionary or take that state to the next grand level. This is what the man is basically telling us.

What a sad shame...

It is very clear that U are not in Port Harcourt. U would have known that the project does not meet your criteria as bolded.

400m USD has been spent on a monorail that covers only less than 2km distance. In an area that already has a cheap and convenient transport. from Station bus stop to UTC bus stop that has VERY low passenger traffic. (we are not talking about Lagos B/stop to Park or education bus stop, or from park to Rumuola, or education to Mile 3/mile 4 where there very heavy passenger traffic.

The last part of your post shows clearly that you are talking politically in support of Amaechi. I live in Port Harcourt, not support Amaechi or Wike (both of them are embarrassing us here). Amaechi did really well in road infrastructure but THE MONORAIL WAS A MISTAKE AND A DRAIN PIPE.

Wike has made it clear that he wil continue and finish Amaechi's road contracts and he has been really true to that. Most projects especially roads he has finished and commissioned are mostly those started by Amaechi. but the monorail, sincerely, u shouldn't advice him to go there.

Last line: Give us a profitability or economic value of that project compared to the already existing options. Fashola spent huge funds to link Lekki and Ikoyi and everyone is glad to pay cos it solves an OBVIOUS problem.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by kinharold(m): 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2016
tpiah01:

have you seen anywhere in the world where train service has no economic value in an industrial and economic hub?

If you are fighting for okada riders, keke napep drivers, etc, are you aware they can be employed by the train service if completed, and if they enroll in training for jobs they can fit into there?

It is obvious you dont know anything about the monorail project in POrt Harcourt especially its location. U wouldnt have said this @bolded. If you strongly believe in what you are saying, please, recommend for Amaechi to try and recommend that project to PMB for FG to fund it or let Amaechi bring investors to buy it from the state government, especially now that Rivers state government/Wike is not ready to fund it.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by tpiah01: 8:20pm On Mar 29, 2016
If monorail cant be built in the south then they should move it to Abuja.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Horus(m): 12:56pm On May 08, 2016
The project is completely abandoned

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senate Rejects Motion To Release Nnamdi Kanu / 'Maku Has Betrayed Jonathan, PDP' – David Mark / Borno Residents Reaction Against Fg’s Plan To Negotiate With Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.