Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10839) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11586378 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10836) (10837) (10838) (10839) (10840) (10841) (10842) ... (16120) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:18am On Jun 24, 2021
jihday:
The last time a South American team not named Brazil won the world cup was in 1986. Abeg the Europeans are the undisputed kings

That one Brazil ehnn Na fire

Brazil and Argentina have always been good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 5:19am On Jun 24, 2021
IDENNAA:

This post is laughable because you are trying to explain what you dont even understand. The ultimate point is that we have a country called Nigeria and by constitution Zik has the rights to contest for election anywhere he deems fit in Nigeria. During this same time a Fulani was elected Mayor in Enugu and there was no gang up against him. You people are hypocrites.

Awolowo invented tribalism in Nigeria to stop Zik from becoming the premier of western region.
Awolowo was advising Gowon how to starve innocent children to death just to win a war because Nigeria couldnt keep their end of ABURI ACCORD deal.

Zik invented tribalism by institutionalizing tribalism long before the civil war....

That we have a country called Nigeria does not mean that a person should leave his/her region and impoverish another region because the people in that region are not the same ethnicity as him/her...

Zik started tribalism long before the civil war and it was Zik and Ojukwu's decisions of trying to subjugate other regions that led to the civil war...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 5:25am On Jun 24, 2021
humility33:

See how dumb you're

Someone that supports another or throw his call for another out of tribal sentiments is a tribalist and a bigot and with such act Nigeria will never grow thats what the current pre:sident is doing

We are first Nigerians prior our tribe thats the only mindset necessary for growth an American see himself as an American prior his race

You need to wake up and stop this bigotry

If Americans see themselves as American prior to race then they will not be killing bl:ack people...

we are first our ethnic nations before country...

the only mindset necessary for growth is to have development and infrastructural plans and achieve them before the time lapses..

What the current pr:esident is doing is te:rrorism and conquest and violent tribalism that promotes hatred, tribalism can be practiced without harming other ethnic nations.. which is something both the current president and zik never understood...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 5:39am On Jun 24, 2021
Kog45:
Pls why all these here...I beg una make we stop this

I will stop when they stop denigrating the SW and Yorubas as a whole..

they accuse other ethnic nations of things their own ethnic people caused and they refuse to blame the people that made Nigeria worse because those people are the same ethnic nation as them.. there is no difference between them and f:ulanis...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 6:04am On Jun 24, 2021
Philosopher1979:

Na money be the problem. Nowadays South American teams can't keep their stars. A good player in Santos is in Europe as early as 16 years old.
If the money invested in the Chinese league is invested in South America, it will catch up with Europe in less than 5 years. The difference is not much. South American teams can still win the world cup easily. Europe just has the money to buy the best South American players. Some of the world's best coaches and players are South American. Knowledge and development of football is still in South America and the rivalry will still be there
It's true. America and China are just wasting money on their leagues. No talent there. America should stick to basketball while China stick to ping pong cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:55am On Jun 24, 2021
forgiveness:

Can you please explain the formation LB is known to score more goals than a winger?

I want to learn.

Do they award highest goalscorer based on numbers of minutes and game played?

was it every game saka played as a left-wing back? show me the formations Arsenal deployed the days you are claiming bukayo played as a LB.

Ogbeni no need for all this shalaye. Simply explain how somebody that played more games and more minutes scored less goals than someone you say he's better than.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 7:04am On Jun 24, 2021
Wow....what the Bleep are we doing here..what's all this ethnic rubbish_wars?...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 7:21am On Jun 24, 2021
Mature people having ethnic fight on a supposed thread for football lovers

Nothing new to see

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:27am On Jun 24, 2021
chrisooblog:
was it every game saka played as a left-wing back? show me the formations Arsenal deployed the days you are claiming bukayo played as a LB.

Ogbeni no need for all this shalaye. Simply explain how somebody that played more games and more minutes scored less goals than someone you say he's better than.

There is no need arguing with someone who can't use his brain to differentiate a LB from a Winger all because he wants to win an argument.

Keep asking foolish question when the answer is stirring at your face.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 7:59am On Jun 24, 2021
Some Chelsea fans are deluded oooo, I be Chelsea fan BT we need talk true sometimes, how can you tell me that Havertz has been the best young player in this Euros, and he is going to win the award.
Wen I tried explaining, the next thing everybody begin da rain insult on, the talk say I no be true Chelsea fan.
E tire me oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:15am On Jun 24, 2021
Lucque:
Wow....what the Bleep are we doing here..what's all this ethnic rubbish_wars?...
...funny enough Saka better Chucks which is very debatable argument caused all these myopic opinions.

If Chuckwueze/Saka issue can led to this then this country is finished.

Respect to Chriskel who said Nigeria doesn't need Saka cos we have enough wingers...very valid opinion.

I remember Andrew said Saka is better than any of our wingers and gave out his reason..good point.

When Saka was coming good I do taunt Chriskel that someone said we don't need Saka.

Forgiveness saying Saka is better than Chuckwueze should not warrant tribal accusation... Saka is not Ajagun or Azeez

How I wish we can all emulate thegoodjoe here...

My doctor TheSuperNerd pls call my people to order cos I always see you as umpire here though is a faceless forum but we should remember that some monikers built this reputable thread to what it is today.

Pls all party involved should stop this and let's continue enjoy our peace with good information we are always getting here...I beg una.

It shall be well with us all.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 9:02am On Jun 24, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Tyonne Ebuehi set to join Newly Promoted Venezia FC in the Serie A.

The Winged Lions are already making moves in the transfer market as they prepare for top-flight football for the first time in 20 years

Super Eagles star Tyronne Ebuehi is set to join Serie A’s new team, Venezia, on loan from Benfica with an option to buy permanently.

According to transfer guru Di Marzio, the Nigerian right-back is already in Italy and will have his medicals on Thursday ahead of the official confirmation.

Ebuehi joined Benfica in 2018, but his time at the club ended even before it started after suffering a knee injury that kept him out for almost two years.

However, he was offered a fresh start at FC Twente last season. The 24-year-old spent the just-concluded season on loan at the Dutch club, and he impressed.

Ebuehi played 34 times for the Reds last season, scoring once. Although the Eredivisie club were ready to take him on another loan deal, Benfica were only interested in a permanent sale.

Nonetheless, they’ve agreed to a loan deal with Venezia with an option to buy permanently. The Venice based club secured promotion to the Italian Serie A after beating Cittadella 2-1 on aggregate in the playoff final.

https://soccernet.ng/2021/06/super-eagles-star-to-join-serie-as-new-side-venezia.html

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:06am On Jun 24, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Tyonne Ebuehi set to join Newly Promoted Venezia FC in the Serie A.

How can Venetia afford him but Fc Twente can't?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 9:10am On Jun 24, 2021
Subzero047:

How can Venetia afford him but Fc Twente can't?
Na still loan, but Venezia FC added option to buy.

At least he'll be in Serie A.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:35am On Jun 24, 2021
Kog45:
...funny enough Saka better Chucks which is very debatable argument caused all these myopic opinions.

Respect to Chriskel who said Nigeria doesn't need Saka cos we have enough wingers...very valid opinion.

I remember Andrew said Saka is better than any of our wingers and gave out his reason..good point.

When Saka was coming good I do taunt Chriskel that someone said we don't need Saka.

Forgiveness saying Saka is better than Chuckwueze should not warrant tribal accusation... Saka is not Ajagun or Azeez

My doctor TheSuperNerd pls call my people to order cos I always see you as umpire here though is a faceless forum but we should remember that some monikers built this reputable thread to what it is today.

Pls all party involved should stop this and let's continue enjoy our peace with good information we are always getting here...I beg una.

I don pass my opinion I don move ,I no get power for arguement and to Dey fight with anybody

Chris said we don’t need saka but we need lookman ,we know the better player from the 2 grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:38am On Jun 24, 2021
Eizzy003:
Some Chelsea fans are deluded oooo, I be Chelsea fan BT we need talk true sometimes, how can you tell me that Havertz has been the best young player in this Euros, and he is going to win the award.
Wen I tried explaining, the next thing everybody begin da rain insult on, the talk say I no be true Chelsea fan.
E tire me oooo

That’s one thing about Chelsea

Same people that has been trolling harvetz now he is doing well and suddenly he is the best young player in the euros ,he is scored 2 goals which is not bad .

Well after the round of 16 we go know,they are facing England
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:39am On Jun 24, 2021
The day you're granted the ability to know what goes on in people's minds, even people very close to you, is the day you'll request to leave this world because shocking will be a massive understatement.

Forgivenes, idenna and co. You guys are bunch of tribal fvcktards masquerading as football lovers.

Dumb old f00ls...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 9:47am On Jun 24, 2021
Joezinho:
The day you're granted the ability to know what goes on in people's minds, even people very close to you, is the day you'll request to leave this world because shocking will be a massive understatement.

Forgivenes, idenna and co. You guys are bunch of tribal fvcktards masquerading as football lovers.

Dumb old f00ls...

Loud am well.

Funny thing I they among who start saka/chuk argument but how did it got to this is beyond me, I signed up for banter and shades not this BULLCRÃP

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 10:05am On Jun 24, 2021
typicalgamer:

Loud am well.

Funny thing I they among who start saka/chuk argument but how did it got to this is beyond me, I signed up for banter and shades not this BULLCRÃP

Let them continue fooling themselves. We are gradually seeing how myopic some of them are.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:29am On Jun 24, 2021
grin grin grin grin I think you're the one that needs to take your own advice. You don't need to buy a ring to ENGAGE your brain once in a while.

From the screenshot we can see Saka scored and assisted when he played as a RW and LB but in your usual duplitious behavior you tried to paint the picture that he scored and assisted solely from playing LB really pathetic!

I'm always happy when I reduce a so called "christian" to insults and name calling that means you have no other thing to argue with again grin grin grin grin

forgiveness:

There is no need arguing with someone who can't use his brain to differentiate a LB from a Winger all because he wants to win an argument.

Keep asking foolish question when the answer is stirring at your face.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:42am On Jun 24, 2021
typicalgamer:

Loud am well.

Me wey start am nko ? Nerdy self follow but e no reach like this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 11:30am On Jun 24, 2021
What does the arrival of patson daka from Salzburg portend for senior man kells?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 12:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
nairalandankrah:
What does the arrival of patson daka from Salzburg portend for senior man kells?
TBH, Iheanacho needs to do more than superb finishing, to be rated highly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
nairalandankrah:

Epl no be moi moi

Make the guy test epl before we talk

Iheanacho is okay and tested

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 12:35pm On Jun 24, 2021
fabyom:
https://twitter.com/Mazigburugburu1/status/1407824817634562048

Make we laugh small. Use am kill stress!
Which VPN u dey use?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 12:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Epl no be moi moi

Make the guy test epl before we talk

Iheanacho is okay and tested

You know form matters little to Brendan!, he will always play his favorites and nacho isn't..

vardy though out of form, remained on the pitch.
Perez the same thing..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 12:39pm On Jun 24, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
TBH, Iheanacho needs to do more than superb finishing, to be rated highly.

Like what?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2021
Uncle Kog. Honestly, I am disappointed at what I just read pages back.

I knew it would come to this which is why I urged Forgiveness to halt the debate for now.

Then to Idennaa, I told him to leave out the Tribalistic angles he was bringing in.

I wished Forgiveness had not taken the tribal bait Odenigbo (aka Idennaa) dangled. He could have ignored him and refused to go the tribal route. I mean when Odenigbo brought it into my mention, I strongly refused to stand for it. He even said he knows I wont entertain such but that didn't stop him.

I did what I could to prevent this and left... Went offline because I had stuffs to attend to and also partly because I didn't want to be party to what may come after coz I know how stubborn both Odenigbo (Idennaa) and Forgiveness can be when that tribal matter arises. They somehow persist in engaging each other along tribal lines no matter how wrong it feels.

See ehn, this is a thread created for the Best of our Nation's football and in here we know no Tribes or ethnicity but only Talents and strategies that can make our national teams and football better.
I detest any discussion that shows the road to Tribalism and Nepotism Boulevard. It's a road to dirt I wish never to see shown here again.

To Sir Idennaa, I warned you to cease taking this route. I told you to please stop. You are a married man and a father and should have known better. This Tribalism route is super highly sensitive and will always derail this fine thread.

Honestly, I should call the mods on you as a lesson to others because you are the one that started this.
But again, I am sure Semid4lyfe got far more important matters outside NL.
But honestly again, you and Forgiveness deserves bans with your own primed to be a bit longer coz you started this.

You are a man I respect in here for a few other things you offer the thread but you just have to find a way to engage forgiveness without bringing in Tribal innuendos and references. You fell hands and I call on our amiable Semid4lyfe (if he has the time) to kindly cleanse the thread of any tribal nonsense in the shameless battle between you and Forgiveness.

I wish to not see this repeated again. Danke.

Kog45:

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 1:33pm On Jun 24, 2021
UAR is currently a mess because of all these tribal nd religious sentiments...we can't go anywer with behaviors and thinking like this...weda u be igbo Yorba or hausa...we are all humans,, we will all die...so stop clinging to all these tribal sentiments, or let's atleast drop it when we are here in this thread
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:44pm On Jun 24, 2021
codemaniacs:

If Americans see themselves as American prior to race then they will not be killing bl:ack people...

we are first our ethnic nations before country...

the only mindset necessary for growth is to have development and infrastructural plans and achieve them before the time lapses..

What the current pr:esident is doing is te:rrorism and conquest and violent tribalism that promotes hatred, tribalism can be practiced without other ethnic nations.. which is something both the current president and zik never understood...

If we all align ourselves with our tribe prior as Nigerians..
We'll always remain divided. I have said it tribalism resides in the minds of an average nigerian....and that now influence their political,economic and even marital decisions

It is absurd that in the 21st century we find ourselves thinking this way.

What buhari is doing that i have no doubts many of us would do worse in appointments and judgements when it comes to national matters giving undue preference to one ethnic group over another is prejudice and it brews bitterness and hatred in the minds of the others
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:46pm On Jun 24, 2021
Gernot Rohr to Home based Super Eagles ahead of Mexico friendly

"What we want to see is Collective Football not to do one-man show..."

Watch clip here (1mins 10 secs):

https://twitter.com/iamMightyGeorge/status/1407708647044517888?s=19

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:50pm On Jun 24, 2021
Kog45:
Oga humility you dey fall my hand o..let's stop this bulls hit here.This is a beautiful thread and it must not be derailed by tribal issues.

Okay sir
I have dropped it

I hate it when he tried throw positives on why tribal or ethnic nationalism should be encouraged.... it is a wrong course that has made Nigeria the worse it is as at today

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10836) (10837) (10838) (10839) (10840) (10841) (10842) ... (16120) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.