Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,729 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10742) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11617207 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10739) (10740) (10741) (10742) (10743) (10744) (10745) ... (16130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:33pm On May 27, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Lol... as far as you can recall.

Did you follow Fabrizio Romano's bleep up on the Thomas Partey to Arsenal news? Just last summer?

That's the only time I have seen Fabs actually make a wrong call on a transfer news. He eventually retraced and acknowledged the Account that dropped the Partey news that contradicted his.

Now what was this call? Fabs said Partey to Arsenal was not happening. But @AFCBell said it was and was the first to drop it when it happened. Fabs saw his mistake and took back his words and followed up the news from there.

But apart from this one slip. Fabrizio Romano is truly the no.1 transfer news expert in the world today. Gianluca Di Marzio (Fabs' former boss) is another very reputable source.

Di Marzio is a fraud. Student eventually surpassed master.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:48pm On May 27, 2021
Bournemouth star Philip Billing is considering switching his international allegiance to Nigeria after he was omitted from Denmark's 26-man roster for the upcoming European Championship.

Manager Kasper Hjulmand has named seven midfielders in the squad list, picking Christian Eriksen (Inter Milan), Thomas Delaney (Borussia Dortmund), Pierre-Emile Højbjerg (Tottenham), Daniel Wass (Valencia), Mathias Jensen (Brentford), Anders Christiansen (Malmo) and Christian Nørgaard (Brentford) ahead of Billing.

Billing has played only one match for Denmark's senior team, a friendly against Faroe Islands in October 2020 when he was in action for 72 minutes and before then made thirteen appearances combined for Denmark U19 and U21 teams.

The 24-year-old central midfielder , who is a player of interest to Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr, previously stated that it will be strange to represent Nigeria as he feels one hundred percent Danish but is now reconsidering the decision.

Speaking to BT, Billing explained : "My father is from Nigeria, so I have thought about it, and I know that Nigeria would very much like me.

"I have talked to the coach several times, so it is something I have thought about more after I have not been selected for the European Championships.

"There will also soon be a World Cup that I will have to think about. I am almost 25 years old and I have only played one international match. I also have something I would like to achieve in my career."

Billing impressed for Bournemouth in the 2020-2021 campaign, scoring eight goals and providing four assists in 34 appearances in the Championship.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 10:03pm On May 27, 2021
charlesemeka85:
Bournemouth star Philip Billing is considering switching his international allegiance to Nigeria after he was omitted from Denmark's 26-man roster for the upcoming European Championship.

Manager Kasper Hjulmand has named seven midfielders in the squad list, picking Christian Eriksen (Inter Milan), Thomas Delaney (Borussia Dortmund), Pierre-Emile Højbjerg (Tottenham), Daniel Wass (Valencia), Mathias Jensen (Brentford), Anders Christiansen (Malmo) and Christian Nørgaard (Brentford) ahead of Billing.

Billing has played only one match for Denmark's senior team, a friendly against Faroe Islands in October 2020 when he was in action for 72 minutes and before then made thirteen appearances combined for Denmark U19 and U21 teams.

The 24-year-old central midfielder , who is a player of interest to Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr, previously stated that it will be strange to represent Nigeria as he feels one hundred percent Danish but is now reconsidering the decision.

Speaking to BT, Billing explained : "My father is from Nigeria, so I have thought about it, and I know that Nigeria would very much like me.

"I have talked to the coach several times, so it is something I have thought about more after I have not been selected for the European Championships.

"There will also soon be a World Cup that I will have to think about. I am almost 25 years old and I have only played one international match. I also have something I would like to achieve in my career."

Billing impressed for Bournemouth in the 2020-2021 campaign, scoring eight goals and providing four assists in 34 appearances in the Championship.
He is mad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 10:04pm On May 27, 2021
charlesemeka85:

Speaking to BT, Billing explained : "My father is from Nigeria, so I have thought about it, and I know that Nigeria would very much like me

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 10:42pm On May 27, 2021
Even if Phillip Anyawu Billing becomes a balon dor contender tomorrow as a matter of principle we must not invite him.

Doing this will help further enhance the super eagles brand and accord it the respect it deserves.

Even as an ordinary bottom of the table premier League player he disowned us in front of the media because everyone was giving him hype. Fast forward 3 years and reality has slapped him in the face, he is now a 25 year old championship player with no premier League or international options he now has amnesia and remembers his dad is from Nigeria.

I agree with him his dad is from Nigeria no doubt but he is from Denmark.

Rohr and Pinnick must respect themselves!

15 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 11:00pm On May 27, 2021
charlesemeka85:

angry

Billing, 23, was snapped up by the Cherries in a £15-million transfer after he suffered relegation with Huddersfield at the end of the 2018/19 season.

Scroll through the gallery above to see 5 recent players Rohr has convinced to represent Nigeria

However, in his third season in the English top-flight, the technically gifted central midfielder has developed into an established performer under manager Eddie Howe.

As a result, Rohr has come knocking for the Super Eagles for a second occasion, with Billing yet to make his senior national team debut despite earning a maiden call-up in March last year.

But the powerful midfielder claims it would be awkward for him to turn his back on Kasper Hjulmand's side to represent the country of his fathers' birth.

"I saw the last time people started to speculate that I didn't mind playing for Denmark and blah, blah, blah," he told Danish news outlet BT.

"It would be strange to stand up for Nigeria when I feel 100 percent Danish. Of course, I have Nigerian roots and am half Nigerian, but I was raised and born in Denmark.

"I have a Danish mother, Danish little brother and Danish little sister and a Nigerian father. But this is Denmark I want to stand for. That's my big dream.

"I've talked to the coach, but I know where I want to play. I want to play for Denmark, so it is no longer than that.

"He [Rohr] just said he really wanted me to play for Nigeria because the upcoming World Cup and Africa Cup of Nations will be played soon. I made it pretty clear to him that I wanted to play for Denmark. That's my big dream."

Billing has featured 29 times for the South Coast outfit this season, scoring three goals and registering a solitary assist.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:16pm On May 27, 2021
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 11:29pm On May 27, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

[img]https:///saqM.gif[/img]
grin
Are you still in finland?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 11:52pm On May 27, 2021
My Nigeria best ix of the 2020/2021 season Formation: 4-4-2 GK: Maduka Okoye RB: Chidozie Awaziem LB: Zaidu Sanusi LCB: Leon Balogun RCB: Troost Ekong RM: Samuel Chukweze LB: Peter Olayinka CM: Wilfred Ndidi ST: Paul Onuachu ST: Kelechi Iheanacho

Note: the list comprises of players based in europe. players with unclear international future were not listed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ibuks12(m): 12:14am On May 28, 2021
Ppogbae:

grin grin

Billing too want dey use us catch cruise grin
Ppogbae:

grin grin

Billing too want dey use us catch cruise
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 2:27am On May 28, 2021
charlesemeka85:

He must be very stupid, after using us to force a call up from Denmark he is talking rubbish, we don't want mercenaries in the SE. This is exactly the same thing Sidney Sam and Tammy Abraham did, nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 2:30am On May 28, 2021
wayodude:
Even if Phillip Anyawu Billing becomes a balon dor contender tomorrow as a matter of principle we must not invite him.

Doing this will help further enhance the super eagles brand and accord it the respect it deserves.

Even as an ordinary bottom of the table premier League player he disowned us in front of the media because everyone was giving him hype. Fast forward 3 years and reality has slapped him in the face, he is now a 25 year old championship player with no premier League or international options he now has amnesia and remembers his dad is from Nigeria.

I agree with him his dad is from Nigeria no doubt but he is from Denmark.

Rohr and Pinnick must respect themselves!
I don't know why some players don't want to have sense, he should stick with Denmark as he has already played for them at senior level even though he still remains eligible for Nigeria, I'd rather have Olofinjana with one leg than that mercenary

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dozai: 5:08am On May 28, 2021
Karlovych:
He must be very stupid, after using us to force a call up from Denmark he is talking rubbish, we don't want mercenaries in the SE. This is exactly the same thing Sidney Sam and Tammy Abraham did, nonsense
Billing has calculated his age. Has reasoned that he might not make it to the mundial with Denmark. By then he will enter menopause. That's why all the grammar. Let him stay one side so he doesn't confuse thunder. Nonsense and Rohrbish.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:14am On May 28, 2021
ibuks12:

Billing too want dey use us catch cruise grin

Billing too want dey use us catch cruise

No mind d werey, werey dey disguise grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 6:28am On May 28, 2021
PurpleHouse:

He should go to Liverpool if they come back for him. Salah or Mane or both might be leaving. I think.
i came across an online sports news that Chelsea and Manchester United are also interested in him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 6:36am On May 28, 2021
charlesemeka85:

this guy knows Denmark won't select him for the world cup, Now is considering Nigeria. We won't invite you too

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 6:53am On May 28, 2021
Rockyrascal:
i came across an online sports news that Chelsea and Manchester United are also interested in him.
Chelsea with their plenty wingers wer some no da even get playing time still da fine winger, I don't believe.
And I think man u will be going all out for Sancho, after their Europa laegue slump

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:30am On May 28, 2021
Na Rhor get the final say for this billing matter ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:31am On May 28, 2021
Look who showed up to watch his captain play

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:32am On May 28, 2021
Billings ooo grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 7:59am On May 28, 2021
damagnificentusb:
My Nigeria best ix of the 2020/2021 season
Formation: 4-4-2
GK: Maduka Okoye
RB: Chidozie Awaziem
LB: Zaidu Sanusi
LCB: Leon Balogun
RCB: Troost Ekong
RM: Samuel Chukweze
LB: Peter Olayinka
CM: Wilfred Ndidi
ST: Paul Onuachu
ST: Kelechi Iheanacho

Note: the list comprises of players based in europe.
players with unclear international future were not listed.
My Nigeria best 11 of the 2020/2021 season
Formation: 3-4-1-2
GK: Maduka Okoye

RCB CB LCB
C.Awaziem T.Ekong L.balogun

RWB DMF CMF LWB
chukwueze W.Ndidi J.Aribo Z.Sanusi

AMF
K. iheanacho

CF CF
S.Nwankwo P.Onuachu

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:51am On May 28, 2021
Subzero047:

He has a terrible attitude and is lazy and I don't think he would like to play back up for for us, overall it would be a bad deal for the SE, I don't mind Danjuma though

Lazy attitude?? nah nah it like you've not have been watching him lately billing is a very technical player he is left footed and moreover a very good setpiece taker he has scored very superb freekicks goal for Huddersfield and also it not every player that cover miles in the field like kante...billing is good at what he does.he will be a very good backup for ndidi at least we will be having competition in that department...nah small we go dey complete... hopefully the likes of Jordan and ehzibue comes in later but at least with billing the Dmf position is sealed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:52am On May 28, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

[img]https:///saqM.gif[/img]

grin

My oga don come back from Finland grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 8:53am On May 28, 2021
charlesemeka85:

His real Papa, they should not listen to him after what he said previously. I heard this on Brilla this morning and I quickly rushed here to see the reaction.

I remember that year he rejected Nigeria. This article didn't do justice to what he said word for word. He magnified himself like some world class European midfielder that Nigeria doesn't deserve, when he is not even close to Ndidi's level that year not to talk of now.

His real Papa again.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:42am On May 28, 2021
I brought him back from Finland since last year naa. Since then he has been careful to not get catapulted there again.

And now Billing, the reason TheGoodJoe got sent to Finland in the first place for being "Finnish(ed)" by his (Billing's) well documented rejection of Nigeria after we approached him is back saying stuffs thinking Nigerians have amnesia ba?

He needs to be hemispherectomised. Rubbish!

damagnificentusb:

Are you still in finland?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 9:53am On May 28, 2021
Wetin dey happen to Tbaba? Retirement?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Moniter0: 10:08am On May 28, 2021
No comment
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:11am On May 28, 2021
smartsmith0907:

Lazy attitude?? nah nah it like you've not have been watching him lately billing is a very technical player he is left footed and moreover a very good setpiece taker he has scored very superb freekicks goal for Huddersfield and also it not every player that cover miles in the field like kante...billing is good at what he does.he will be a very good backup for ndidi at least we will be having competition in that department...nah small we go dey complete... hopefully the likes of Jordan and ehzibue comes in later but at least with billing the Dmf position is sealed.

Story. The ship has sailed.

And you speak about watching Billing "lately" and you then time travel all the way back to Huddersfield. Abeg, how recently did Billing score a free kick goal? because he didn't bag any in the just concluded season for Bournemouth and yep, I watched some of his games too.
Also, his records with Huddersfield from recent seasons in the PL (17/18, 18/19 and 19/20 seasons) show that he didn't bag any free kick goal.
Even in 2016/17 with Huddersfield in the Championship, he didn't score any Free kick. Absolute zero stats on that.

So where in the hell are you getting this info from? Abi you just wanna hype up the lad abi.
I remember this was how you typed here about Michael Olise that we should be expecting regular Free kick goals when he comes. And that was misleading again because Olise also didn't bag a free kick goal out of the 17 attempts he had in 20/21 season in the Championship.
Note, I like Olise and I have analysed here how he is the answer to our #10 role but the FK info was wrong. He has made attempts and could grow into a regular FK scorer but for now, he isn't. He hasn't bagged one yet.

Also, Billing's Interceptions stats from this season is poor for a CDM. He made 0.6 interceptions per game in 20/21. His tackle rate is 1.2 per game.

Compare this to guys like Obinna Nwobodo (interceptions of 1.6 per game & Tackles of 3.6 per game) and Kelechi Nwakali (Interceptions of 1.4 per game and tackles of 1.5 per game) and you will see Billing isn't even the guy we need putting aside his double faced idiocy.

So in conclusion, We don't need Billing. And I trust that Rohr won't waste time with this double faced liar.

This will be his fate below when Denmark and Nigeria will be playing at this Euros and next year's Afcon respectively. Rubbish and Billing!!!! Mtcheeeww

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:21am On May 28, 2021
Subzero047:

No we don't want, he is not even good again

We don’t want ? Who is we ,Do you work with rohr and the nff ?

As much as I am not a fan of him I will tell you they dude will easily play for Nigeria if he is serious even if it’s to make our bench ,we don’t want as if shehu abdulahi is any better

36 games 8 goals 4 assist in the championship as a midfielder is not bad ,and you say he is not good again ,he even scored more than Michael Olise that’s an attacking midfielder if I am not mistaken

What’s your definition of someone not good enough ?

Billing should have easily make the Denmark squad because he is better than those 2 guys from Brentford and The other 1 from malmo ,but Na coach no Dey reason am

No Cap
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:23am On May 28, 2021
Indeed it is so. Ehizibue is not about to give up his Dutch passport unless they (the Dutch) alter the rules to enable him keep both his Dutch and new Naija passport. Until that happens, Ehizibue won't be coming. His dutch passport helps him stay out of the Non-EU quota for European sides among other benefits so he won't be giving that up soon.

Moniter0:
I thought you guys said Ehzibue cannot switch anymore because of he will have to forgo his Dutch passport in doing so?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:24am On May 28, 2021
smartsmith0907:

He might be playing in premier league next season common he is good enough for us..he will be a very good back up for ndidi and more attack minded his ball playing ability is top notch I think it will be a good idea having billing and danjuma in the team the duo are really decent... Personally I think lookman and danjuma are on par similar play style but danjuma eye for goal is really top notch

Danjuma is now looking like a better player than look man to me

I might be wrong thou
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:28am On May 28, 2021
Koboko99:
Ill just drop this here

Hope you drop am for manure thread also grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10739) (10740) (10741) (10742) (10743) (10744) (10745) ... (16130) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: maidaboi(m), do4luv14(m), viccy12, Christinu2, opes, Cecco90, elyte89, Philosopher1979, charlesemeka85(m), foxman04, Banuso99, TheSuperNerd(m), jihday(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.