Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,223 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11758916 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13268) (13269) (13270) (13271) (13272) (13273) (13274) ... (16184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:34pm On Jun 10, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

No.

He told him not to dwell on the chance and move on. They are childhood mates.

my guy face be like,
.komot for here, dey go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:37pm On Jun 10, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:
This photo lives rent-free in my head.

I don't even recall Rohr having a clipboard like that during training
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 2:37pm On Jun 10, 2022
Danielnino00:

Don't stress it.. That Abuja pitch has been overused... Our age grade teams played there several times.. Even PDP held their presidential primary there..
The problem is that in Nigeria and indeed Africa, we don't build the kind of pitch that would withstand pressure.. most stadiums in Africa are multipurpose...
Give it a few months, that Abuja stadium pitch will be looking good again.. Come election campaign period, e go suffer..

the first issue with your comment is the fact that Nigeria has more than one stadium.

the second issue is the NFF knew that was where they wanted to use and didn't ask the Sports Ministry ban people from using or renting it for at least 1 week before match so that during that week the groundsmen/groundswomen can carry out maintenance on the pitch..

the third issue is even if it was used by age grade teams and PDP, immediately after they are done with it, the NFF should carry out maintenance on it...

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:41pm On Jun 10, 2022
fabyom:
The pass was meant for Oshimen. I just saw the goal on Iwobi Twitter. Moses eyes movement shows he didn't see Iwobi's run!
Eye movement ke

Players do no look pass

The trajectory of the ball is a better judge

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tinneh: 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2022
codemaniacs:

the first issue with your comment is the fact that Nigeria has more than one stadium.

the second issue is the NFF knew that was where they wanted to use and didn't ask the Sports Ministry ban people from using or renting it for at least 1 week before match so that during that week the groundsmen/groundswomen can carry out maintenance on the pitch..

the third issue is even if it was used by age grade teams and PDP, immediately after they are done with it, the NFF should carry out maintenance on it...
Firstly I think pdp used the velodrome section of the section not the main pitch, the cause of that rot isn't the age grade teams but simply NPFL teams, I think either kano pillars or niger tornadoes use the stadium as their home ground....I read somewhere that Sunday dare has banned npfl teams from using the mko stadium indefinitely
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tinneh: 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2022
Tinneh:

Firstly I think pdp used the velodrome section of the stadium not the main pitch, the cause of that rot isn't the age grade teams but simply NPFL teams, I think either kano pillars or niger tornadoes use the stadium as their home ground....I read somewhere that Sunday dare has banned npfl teams from using the mko stadium indefinitely
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2022
Japan show Ghana pepper sha grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2022
Tinneh:

Firstly I think pdp used the velodrome section of the section not the main pitch, the cause of that rot isn't the age grade teams but simply NPFL teams, I think either kano pillars or niger tornadoes use the stadium as their home ground....I read somewhere that Sunday dare has banned npfl teams from using the mko stadium indefinitely

NFF or sports ministry can partner with sports Turf companies or create their own academy like Leicester city did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_eErBLcveQ
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Cecco90: 2:57pm On Jun 10, 2022
codemaniacs:

NNPP (Kwankwaso's party) did their presidential primary there 24 hours before the match was played.

In Nigeria, anything goes......
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 3:13pm On Jun 10, 2022
Why can't Bassey take our set pieces? We have tall players yet can't score from set pieces. Ekong should stop taking our free kicks, abeg! The coach should try Bassey for our free kicks and set pieces.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:52pm On Jun 10, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

The pass was definitely intended for Alex.
alright then.. thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 4:57pm On Jun 10, 2022
Odunayaw:
How?
With time you will see for yourself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omoluabi16(m): 5:10pm On Jun 10, 2022
I can't even believe we played yesterday. No hype.No noise ..nothing. This wasn't how Nigerian football was like growing up. Sincerely hope we discover our lost glory...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:25pm On Jun 10, 2022
Omoluabi16:
I can't even believe we played yesterday. No hype.No noise ..nothing. This wasn't how Nigerian football was like growing up. Sincerely hope we discover our lost glory...
Yes o,it seems people don't care again,even this thread dry like kilode.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 5:43pm On Jun 10, 2022
Ghana �� is definitely going for site seeing at the world cup

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:53pm On Jun 10, 2022
Kog45:
Yes o,it seems people don't care again,even this thread dry like kilode.
I don't understand again o

If there is noise, fans are too boastful. "lower your expectations"

There is no noise, people don't care again.

There was considerable followership. Meanwhile, na Sierra Leone we de play, no be the big boys

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:55pm On Jun 10, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Missing Chances doesn't have anything to do with consistency, especially when u look at the field we played on yesterday. He put himself in good positions but things just didn't work out.

I mentioned that his performance diminished over the course of his game, a sign of inconsistency.

But you brought the 'chance' factor yourself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:07pm On Jun 10, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

I mentioned that his performance diminished over the course of his game, a sign of inconsistency.

But you brought the 'chance' factor yourself.

And u claimed it showed inconsistency which is not right. How can u claim a drop off when he was in position to score twice?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:16pm On Jun 10, 2022
The team got a standing ovation from their hotel staff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CByWz25Js4

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 6:30pm On Jun 10, 2022
Danielnino00:

Don't stress it.. That Abuja pitch has been overused... Our age grade teams played there several times.. Even PDP held their presidential primary there..
The problem is that in Nigeria and indeed Africa, we don't build the kind of pitch that would withstand pressure.. most stadiums in Africa are multipurpose...
Give it a few months, that Abuja stadium pitch will be looking good again.. Come election campaign period, e go suffer..
This your overuse thing dey one kind. Clubs play steadily in their stadiums yet the thing dey dey sambeya. Wetin happen to we National stadium why it just dey like heat map. Even after they said groundsmen have worked on it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2022
daveP:

I liked how he was calm but the touches didn't
Finally, something i hoped you noticed....

It's not conclusive o, but Uzoho is already showing Enyeama Elements. That part where the GK shouts down the necks of his defenders, teammates. E remain to dey add top response to setpieces to be like Vin. Boss your box as a GK. Ajayi just looked as sluggish as Chuks.

Uzoho's confidence is the growing work of Ike shoromu. Although he has been conceding but there is a different feel and personality he exudes like you said. And I think we should give the credit to Ike shoromu without wasting time

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 7:21pm On Jun 10, 2022
fabyom:
Why can't Bassey take our set pieces? We have tall players yet can't score from set pieces. Ekong should stop taking our free kicks, abeg! The coach should try Bassey for our free kicks and set pieces.

Why Bassey? Has he scored any set piece before?? The guy can cross a ball sha

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 7:39pm On Jun 10, 2022
I just feel like our elimination to Ghana was message and lesson passed across. It was a way to humble us for all the insults vetted to gernot Rohr for making his achievements trivial

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:40pm On Jun 10, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
The team got a standing ovation from their hotel staff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CByWz25Js4
Nice one, it doesn't look like Ekong can play the next game, he was hobbling into the hotel. Anyways we get able replacements, Omeruo, Balo, Awaziem and Bassey dey. Ajayi took his chance at the US friendlies we just played and ow it seems Pacero has given him a shirt until he hangs himself. I feel bad that Alhassan and Tijani weren't able to make those friendlies perhaps they could also have impressed the coach. Meanwhile any updates on Osimehn's fitness,would he be able to play the next game or it would be over to Dessers, Sadiq, Moffi,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 8:16pm On Jun 10, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Nice one, it doesn't look like Ekong can play the next game, he was hobbling into the hotel. Anyways we get able replacements, Omeruo, Balo, Awaziem and Bassey dey. Ajayi took his chance at the US friendlies we just played and ow it seems Pacero has given him a shirt until he hangs himself. I feel bad that Alhassan and Tijani weren't able to make those friendlies perhaps they could also have impressed the coach. Meanwhile any updates on Osimehn's fitness,would he be able to play the next game or it would be over to Dessers, Sadiq, Moffi,
Ekong's back in Watford already for proper treatment. He won't play next game.

Na the poor pitch cause that ekong injury.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:22pm On Jun 10, 2022
hatakekakashi:

Ekong's back in Watford already for proper treatment. He won't play next game.

Na the poor pitch cause that ekong injury.

I agree with you so we shall see whi Pacero starts, looks like Omeruo but you never know, cos because Moffi replaced Osimehn doesn't mean Moffi starts if Victor isn't available.

Victor nko, anybody get updates?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:37pm On Jun 10, 2022
charlesemeka85:
cheesy dem don collect mending

Why Are you people insulting my "side chick" team na embarassed

I'm not happy at all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Bundesliga clubs RB Leipzig and Dortmund interested in Calvin bassey

Na so them go show interest and monitor till new season start

No be Naija players again..... grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:40pm On Jun 10, 2022
charlesemeka85:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFKrIRxAXdI

Bassey is a beast. Monster of a defender who is very good going forward

He has all it takes to be the be the naija defender of this generation to play for big club in europe in the nearest future

But Ekong is better na

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

I don't think Victor's situation is that serious but if he won't be 100% I would definitely agree with one of the other guys starting.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 9:18pm On Jun 10, 2022
Eagles will be too HOT to face by the time Peseiro is done with these guys. It looks like the players have never been busy like this before because all the players keep saying one thing "tactics and philosophy". grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 10:30pm On Jun 10, 2022
We need competition in the goal keeping department if we ever want to win any competition.
That pitch was an eyesore honestly and it could been worse in terms of injuries to players of both team. Team still has a lot of rebuilding to do. And I mean a lot. I am happy everyone can now see how important crosses are in modern day football.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13268) (13269) (13270) (13271) (13272) (13273) (13274) ... (16184) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bbdot(m), Princezibk, Lyster360, do4luv14(m), foxman04, kennysville(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.