Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11611058 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14342) (14343) (14344) (14345) (14346) (14347) (14348) ... (16126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:00pm On Mar 21, 2023
Kog45:
Cool he deserves eagles call up based on what we have on ground,really surprised seeing Aribo on the list.
Even with Aribo, a midfield of 4 for two games is too lean. No reason why players like Onyedika, Nwakali shouldn't have been considered.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 3:13pm On Mar 21, 2023
Danielnino00:

Relax.. Orban started playing professionally like 2 years ago.. Where was he in the past 3,4,5 years to merit a call up to the u-15, u-17 or u-20?
The u-23 call up is very much in order.. I wish he was called up, but the options we have in attack are in form too... Nothing spoil...
exactly what's on my mind o, he's doing great at the moment but we not deficient in attack, that u23 is a welcome development..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 3:38pm On Mar 21, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Breaking:🔥 Victor Osimhen is now worth 100million euros according to Transfermrkt. Number 1 most valuable player in Africa confirmed and Joint 7th most valuable player in the world by Transfermrkt standards.🔥🔥🔥

He is also the Most Valuable Player now in the whole Serie A 🔥and the only 100M euros player of Value in the League.🔥🔥

Khvicha Kvaratskhelia is now Serie A's 2nd most valuable player currently at 85million euros.💥

Osimhen should ge number 4 or 3 on that list. All those British players should be behind him.🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 3:47pm On Mar 21, 2023
By the way, Osimhen should be made the Captain of the Super Eagles. He has the quality. It is time to give him more responsibility and allow Musa fade away. He has done his due diligence. Osimhen is tailored-made for captaincy.

Mbampe nor even get leadership qualities yet he's now a captain. Osimhen deserve eagles captaincy too, as the biggest brand right now. Seniority can wait.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:53pm On Mar 21, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Don't shift the goal posts with replies of just one name or a handful. The point is you asked a question, thinking there was probably no quick answer and you have been answered. E.O.D.

Shift which goal post ??

6 years ago was the last time a player under 20 was a regular starter ?

Before then Only god knows

And just so you know ndidi was 21, not 20
I never listed 21.
Iwobi was because of abroad base eye
Uzoho goalie doesn’t count

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:56pm On Mar 21, 2023
PurpleHouse:
By the way, Osimhen should be made the Captain of the Super Eagles. He has the quality. It is time to give him more responsibility and allow Musa fade away. He has done his due diligence. Osimhen is tailored-made for captaincy.

Mbampe nor even get leadership qualities yet he's now a captain. Osimhen deserve eagles captaincy too, as the biggest brand right now. Seniority can wait.

If you know the amount of political and tribalism when they within nff and super eagles alone you’ll know it’s better osimehn steer clear from captaincy.

Honestly Mikel try to even hold that captaincy for as long as he did

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 3:57pm On Mar 21, 2023
PurpleHouse:

Osimhen should ge number 4 or 3 on that list. All those British players should be behind him.🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️

Including saka
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 3:59pm On Mar 21, 2023
typicalgamer:

Including saka

Thunder fire Saka.🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:03pm On Mar 21, 2023
PurpleHouse:

Thunder fire Saka.🤣🤣

Saka is better na
Although different positions
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 4:11pm On Mar 21, 2023
Danielnino00:

Relax.. Orban started playing professionally like 2 years ago.. Where was he in the past 3,4,5 years to merit a call up to the u-15, u-17 or u-20?
The u-23 call up is very much in order.. I wish he was called up, but the options we have in attack are in form too... Nothing spoil...
Emmy450:
exactly what's on my mind o, he's doing great at the moment but we not deficient in attack, that u23 is a welcome development..

Typicalgamer is right..

Orban needs to be called up to the S.E as soon as possible.

You guys are forgetting that the strikers S.E has can get injured during the match or during training or even have running stomach or food poisoning.

Victor Boniface, yira sor, orban, Nathan tella all need to called up to S.E..

I would have also said Balogun but I don't think his serious about representing Nigeria and since U.S.A is hosting the next world cup and have automatic qualification I think he will choose U.S.A.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:21pm On Mar 21, 2023
typicalgamer:

Only a handful ?

What exactly is your point? That we should be calling up players based on age or what?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:26pm On Mar 21, 2023
codemaniacs:

Typicalgamer is right..

You guys are forgetting that the strikers S.E has can get injured during the match or during training or even have running stomach or food poisoning.

I would have also said Balogun but I don't think his serious about representing Nigeria and since U.S.A is hosting the next world cup and have automatic qualification I think he will choose U.S.A.

Go through my post and you will see that I supported the idea that he should be called up.. but what's the hurry? And what's wrong with playing with the u-23? Osimhen also played with the u-23 when he was in form at Charleoi...
Shey it is all the strikers that will get injured or suffer food poisoning? It's just 2 games bro .. there's plenty of time for the likes of Orban and Boniface to get their call up..
The most important thing is that we are stacked in the attacking department..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:27pm On Mar 21, 2023
Danielnino00:

What exactly is your point? That we should be calling up players based on age or what?

We’ve had same lineup for almost a decade plus no end product and yet still stuck with them so what’s your point ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:30pm On Mar 21, 2023
codemaniacs:

Typicalgamer is right..

What I need is competition for spots.

For example even if ndidi doesn’t play a whole year he’ll still be picked for se making him feel unstoppable.
Same goes for all our players aside osimehn.

Don’t let them feel comfortable, always bring in competition, so when they play they give thier all.
Because these players have all been too familiar with super eagles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:31pm On Mar 21, 2023
Danielnino00:

Go through my post and you will see that I supported the idea that he should be called up.. but what's the hurry? And what's wrong with playing with the u-23? Osimhen also played with the u-23 when he was in form at Charleoi...
Shey it is all the strikers that will get injured or suffer food poisoning? It's just 2 games bro .. there's plenty of time for the likes of Orban and Boniface to get their call up..

I’m talking from an owner perspective not from the perspective of a fan my guy

I said if I’m the owner of gent I’ll never let that boy go never
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2023
Danielnino00:

If S.E was stacked in the attacking department then S.E would have qualified for the world cup.

Only Moffi and Osimhen are the main scorers in the team and will likely play full 90mins.

The way S.E plays causes the strikers to get hamstring injuries so they need goal scoring substitutes like Orban and Boniface to come on for them.

There's not plenty of time.. the earlier the better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:38pm On Mar 21, 2023
Ndidi wasn't 21 in those 2017 games. He was 20. He is December 16-born. So he was 20 and played all those WCQs games to the full 90s. Research better next time.

And yes, your goal post shifting is about ignoring the fact that it wasn't so long ago that we had 20 year olds or younger starring for us. Uzoho's also count. He is a player is he not? Did he not star as a 19yr old at the 2018 WC starting games and doing decently? Stay within the context of your question. Thank you.

typicalgamer:

Shift which goal post ??

6 years ago was the last time a player under 20 was a regular starter ?

Before then Only god knows

And just so you know ndidi was 21, not 20
I never listed 21.
Iwobi was because of abroad base eye
Uzoho goalie doesn’t count

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:40pm On Mar 21, 2023
typicalgamer:

We’ve had same lineup for almost a decade plus no end product and yet still stuck with them so what’s your point ?

Same lineup for almost a decade?

Oh boy, Chriskels was right.
I apologize for engaging you in such a conversation...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:42pm On Mar 21, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Ndidi wasn't 21 in those 2017 games. He was 20. He is December 16-born. So he was 20 and played all those WCQs games to the full 90s. Research better next time.

And yes, your goal post shifting is about ignoring the fact that it wasn't so long ago that we had 20 year olds or younger starring for us. Uzoho's also count. He is a player is he not? Did he not star as a 19yr old at the 2018 WC starting games and doing decently? Stay within the context of your question. Thank you.

Chukwueze was 19 or 20 when he was starting at the 2019 AFCON self...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2023
codemaniacs:

If S.E was stacked in the attacking department then S.E would have qualified for the world cup.

Only Moffi and Osimhen are the main scorers in the team and will likely play full 90mins.

The way S.E plays causes the strikers to get hamstring injuries so they need goal scoring substitutes like Orban and Boniface to come on for them.

Wrong! If we we were stacked in the midfield department,we could have qualified for the world cup.. We played that qualifier without Iwobi and Ndidi.. Onyeka and Bonke got injured along the way.....

We quality we have in attack at the moment is adequate.. it's just two games to play...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
typicalgamer:

What I need is competition for spots.

For example even if ndidi doesn’t play a whole year he’ll still be picked for se making him feel unstoppable.
Same goes for all our players aside osimehn.

Don’t let them feel comfortable, always bring in competition, so when they play they give thier all.
Because these players have all been too familiar with super eagles

That's the point.

Not just any competition. Quality competition for spots.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samdolad(m): 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
The goalkeeping department needs to be improved, why was Adeleye of hapoel Jerusalem not called up, at least, he features regularly than the likes of Uzoho, and there's a certain Sebastian Osigwe in Switzerland (fc Lugano) who plays almost every week. Is it that the coaching crew are not doing their assignment to improve the weak areas of the team like goalkeeping & the midfield or they are complacent with the present crop of players? Same names all the time either they're doing well or not. nawa o

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 4:56pm On Mar 21, 2023
Danielnino00:

Wrong! If we we were stacked in the midfield department,we could have qualified for the world cup.. We played that qualifier without Iwobi and Ndidi.. Onyeka and Bonke got injured along the way.....

We quality we have in attack at the moment is adequate.. it's just two games to play...

No. We would have qualified if we had attackers that can finish not a stacked midfield.

Right now only Osimhen, Onuachu, Moffi, Victor Boniface, Orban , Tella, Yira sor are the best finishers the S.E have and only Osimhen, Moffi and Onuachu made the team the other strikers invited are not consistent performers.

S.E need strikers that score at least 15 -20 goals every season for their clubs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 4:59pm On Mar 21, 2023
samdolad:
The goalkeeping department needs to be improved, why was Adeleye of hapoel Jerusalem not called up, at least, he features regularly than the likes of Uzoho, and there's a certain Sebastian Osigwe in Switzerland (fc Lugano) who plays almost every week. Is it that the coaching crew are not doing their assignment to improve the weak areas of the team like goalkeeping & the midfield or they are complacent with the present crop of players? Same names all the time either they're doing well or not. nawa o

The present crop of players are their paddies so they don't want to have to tell them they're under-performing and don't deserve to be called up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:09pm On Mar 21, 2023
codemaniacs:

No. We would have qualified if we had attackers that can finish not a stacked midfield.

Right now only Osimhen, Onuachu, Moffi, Victor Boniface, Orban , Tella, Yira sor are the best finishers the S.E have and only Osimhen, Moffi and Onuachu made the team the other strikers invited are not consistent performers.

S.E need strikers that score at least 15 -20 goals every season for their clubs.

Wow.. so what the team needs now is more attackers?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:30pm On Mar 21, 2023
Danielnino00:

You get the point I’m trying to make right ?

If it doesn’t work change it.
You can’t be doing same thing for over a decade and expect a different result. Come on man

Soon you’ll be angry when we play bad forgotten this was the same players that let you down
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2023
Danielnino00:

An overhaul In every position possible including training staff.

I watch S.E Training and it felt like Sunday league
Who still plays 2 Aside on training nowadays??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:01pm On Mar 21, 2023
codemaniacs:

grin grin grin
support your postulation oga
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:03pm On Mar 21, 2023
Danielnino00:

grin grin
This thread has turned into something else... there was a time I will be eager to read from page to page. This is not a disrespect to anyone though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:04pm On Mar 21, 2023
Danielnino00:

make we dey play 2 -2-6 formation grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:08pm On Mar 21, 2023
mostob:
grin grin
This thread has turned into something else... there was a time I will be eager to read from page to page. This is not a disrespect to anyone though.

Some discussion will just leave you weak...

Abeg,make match day come already

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 6:10pm On Mar 21, 2023
Kog45:
Osimehn leaving Napoli should go to Bayern....Barca still have Lewandowski and Madrid got Benzema.

Exactly Egbon

(1) (2) (3) ... (14342) (14343) (14344) (14345) (14346) (14347) (14348) ... (16126) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.