Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11611191 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14344) (14345) (14346) (14347) (14348) (14349) (14350) ... (16126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:50pm On Mar 21, 2023
123jamessmith:
Please, those anyone, have alternative site to watch Nigeria match on friday. Hesgoal has been banned.
go viewing centre
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 21, 2023
123jamessmith:
Please, those anyone, have alternative site to watch Nigeria match on friday. Hesgoal has been banned.
YouTube. CAFTV

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:02pm On Mar 21, 2023
zuchyblink:
I prefer La Liga,Sería A,Bundesliga to EPL.
EPL is too competitive,less technical and entertaining. The competition in EPL no go let you shine,sometimes e fit affect a player's confidence and development. Look at Aribo and Onuachu. Sería A helped Lookman and Isaac Success to be a better player they are today. EPL is too competitive for my liking.
Osimhen should avoid EPL like Messi,Neymar, Ronaldo de Lima and Zidane. EPL will drain you physically and mentally. Every match be like UCL final.
if kvara had advisers like you, he would still be in the Georgian league statpadding for dinamo batumi. Life is all about risks.it was once said that guardiola would be found out in the EPL but man has turned the league to his wife. I'm sure you were among those who believed haaland won't find it easy in the EPL due to the difference in defensive lines in the bundesliga and epl. Nothing is assured in football.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:07pm On Mar 21, 2023
Yea which is why my condition was as long as Napoli continue building better.
typicalgamer:

If osimehn stays it doesn’t guarantee that the core players will.

That’s the scenario we don’t want.
For him to stay and during the summer kvara left, thier center backs midfield left too. Then what’s the point, aside juve
No Italian team can keep a player if Europe’s elite comes knocking
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 9:15pm On Mar 21, 2023
This NFF and the Super Eagles media are full with mediocrity!
How can Super Eagles stop training cos no light at Abuja stadium? Using Coastal bus to pack professionals like Sardine! Shameful!
That Femi Raji no sabi anything!

You will all regret clamoring for Pinnick removal. At least Pinnick speaks to the media.
This new Aboki just be like ghost. Na one chance the SE dey.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:17pm On Mar 21, 2023
Osimhen can remain in Napoli to make it bigger brand than Maradona left it. Probably,the rename the stadium , ESTADIO VICTOR OSIMHEN cool

In other words, he needs to be winning something every year..Coppa Italia, Scudetto, UCL,Europa,Conference, at least one cup each year for Napoli.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:27pm On Mar 21, 2023
Emmy450:
, people self,, attack way choke already, they are still complaining kai
grin
Germany's 2014 world cup triumph was not because they packed 5 strikers upfront. Their Midfield was so strong then. We dey talk sey we need Midfielders, baba dey talk sey make we pack goalscoring strikers full team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:31pm On Mar 21, 2023
zuchyblink:
Osimhen should better be a coward like Raul,Rivaldo,Romario,Kaka,Ronaldinho,Messi,Mbappe, Zidane, Carlos,Lewandowski and co than to be a hero like Shevshenco,Ballack,Torres and co. Even CR7 achieved 80 percent of what he is today outside EPL.
Osimehn is Osimehn, not someone else. The quicker some of us here realize that, the better. The paths of those you mentioned are different from Osimehn's. That they flopped in EPL doesn't mean Osimehn will flop too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 9:31pm On Mar 21, 2023
Marjoribanks:
How can Super Eagles stop training cos no light at Abuja stadium? Using Coastal bus to pack professionals like Sardine! Shameful!

You will all regret clamoring for Pinnick removal. At least Pinnick speaks to the media.

No be Pinnick put am there? No one removed Pinnick. His time ended. When he is not King Charles abi queen Elizabeth

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:32pm On Mar 21, 2023
comodo:

He is a hot head. Ndidi should be the right man for the job in my opinion.
Ndidi is reserved and business-minded. Ekong is still the best fit.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 9:33pm On Mar 21, 2023
The minister of Sport sabotaging the Super Eagles! Wow!

https://www.youtube.com/live/FsMd72szYVA?feature=share
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:35pm On Mar 21, 2023
123jamessmith:
Try Afrosport on Facebook.
there is also score808tvdotcom
Any of these two should be ok for the match
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:38pm On Mar 21, 2023
Danielnino00:

I don't understand what "goalscoring attacker" means o.. Can you be more specific?
Attackers that would be scoring straight from dressing room. One that would just release one thunderbolt from the toilet and net go scatter grin grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 9:41pm On Mar 21, 2023
Amedino99:
if kvara had advisers like you, he would still be in the Georgian league statpadding for dinamo batumi. Life is all about risks.it was once said that guardiola would be found out in the EPL but man has turned the league to his wife. I'm sure you were among those who believed haaland won't find it easy in the EPL due to the difference in defensive lines in the bundesliga and epl. Nothing is assured in football.
stop comparing apples with oranges. EPL limits players. How many EPL players have won FIFA best player since 25 years now? For now halaand has not won EPL,UCL and Ballon d'or. He has a lot to prove.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 9:43pm On Mar 21, 2023
Danielnino00:

I don't understand what "goalscoring attacker" means o.. Can you be more specific?

Strikers that convert their chances to goals. The pass Nwakali gave Sadiq that sadiq failed to score against Tunisia in the nations cup.

S.E needs strikers that score 1 in 2 chances they get not 1 in 8 chances.

Spain have a good midfield but poor goalscoring strikers.

S.E has good goalscoring strikers that are not been invited and good midfielders that are also not been invited.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:43pm On Mar 21, 2023
This boy was such a small serious baller when we dey school. He was one of the bests in our school team. Now he plays for Heartland, and just got a call up to our National team. Congrats Andy. Next na Europe.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 9:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
mostob:
Osimehn is Osimehn, not someone else. The quicker some of us here realize that, the better. The paths of those you mentioned are different from Osimehn's. That they flopped in EPL doesn't mean Osimehn will flop too.
I didn't say he will flop,but he is likely to achieve more in Bundesliga,Sería A and La Liga than in EPL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:46pm On Mar 21, 2023
TBH, I was sceptical when Osimehn made that move from Charleroi to Lille. I was also afraid he may not be able to measure up at Napoli. I'm sure there were others like me too who had same notion. But so far, Osimehn has proved us wrong twice. So, if he decides to pack his baggage at the end of the season and head to EPL, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 20 goals in his first season.
my only concern are those freak injuries.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:49pm On Mar 21, 2023
zuchyblink:
I didn't say he will flop,but he is likely to achieve more in Bundesliga,Sería A and La Liga than in EPL.
Of course, those ones are farmer's league cheesy
However, he can still achieve something even more bigger in EPL too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 9:55pm On Mar 21, 2023
mostob:
Of course, those ones are farmer's league cheesy
However, he can still achieve something even more bigger in EPL too.
farmers leagues that have more European trophies than the EPL. Out of 56 Ballon do'r edition, players from English teams have won it only 6 times. 5 of it was when it was given to only European players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:15pm On Mar 21, 2023
zuchyblink:
farmers leagues that have more European trophies than the EPL. Out of 56 Ballon do'r edition, players from English teams have won it only 6 times. 5 of it was when it was given to only European players.

Gbam

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:22pm On Mar 21, 2023
Chijioke Aniagbaso initiation performance he introduced himself as an 18 year old all of them started laughing.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:23pm On Mar 21, 2023
Marjoribanks:

Was Pinnick removed? He served his constitutional 2 term and a new person had to be elected.. See the person accusing others of being tribal bigots a few days ago using the term "aboki". Ironically, the "aboki" was Pinnick anointed candidate for the NFF presidency

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:28pm On Mar 21, 2023
codemaniacs:

Strikers that convert their chances to goals. The pass Nwakali gave Sadiq that sadiq failed to score against Tunisia in the nations cup.

S.E needs strikers that score 1 in 2 chances they get not 1 in 8 chances.

Spain have a good midfield but poor goalscoring strikers.

S.E has good goalscoring strikers that are not been invited and good midfielders that are also not been invited.

There's no such thing as a striker that score 1 in 2 chances bro .. At least not consistently..You can prove me wrong by listing a few strikers in today's era that are that prolific..Even Halaand that's on fire sit top of the premier league most missed chances list..

I think it's Orban form that's getting you so excited... A few months ago, very few,if not nobody knew about him at all .. There was a time David Okereke burst into the scene at Club Brugge.. suddenly he went cold... I'm not saying Orban would turn out like that o,but let's chill ..there's plenty of time...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:30pm On Mar 21, 2023
mostob:
Attackers that would be scoring straight from dressing room. One that would just release one thunderbolt from the toilet and net go scatter grin grin

grin
Your comment just reminded me of this goal we scored at the 2009 u-20 world cup .I've forgotten that scorer and the opponent,but the shot was so hot, it tore the net grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:41pm On Mar 21, 2023
zuchyblink:
stop comparing apples with oranges. EPL limits players. How many EPL players have won FIFA best player since 25 years now? For now halaand has not won EPL,UCL and Ballon d'or. He has a lot to prove.
imagine wetin u Dey talk? Epl limit players how? Haven’t you seen players who moved to laliga,serie A even bundesliga and still flopped?

Wasn’t Dennis a flop at lowly rated koln but moved to epl and was a hit that season with watford? Didn’t zlatan flop at laliga with barca? Antonio Valencia was ordinary at Valencia, moved to Wigan then in the epl where he did well and attracted man united who snapped him up. Our own ighalo was below par at laliga but became a household name in then epl club watford. Mk una let pple hear word abeg 😡

Folks like you are the type that will rather remain in their comfort zone that move out to explore

If you aren’t a fan of the epl then say that rather than posting trash here

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
The epl limits players but the dream of many footballers in europe,Asia,America and Africa is to play in the epl someday
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:47pm On Mar 21, 2023
ChrisKels:
This boy was such a small serious baller when we dey school. He was one of the bests in our school team. Now he plays for Heartland, and just got a call up to our National team. Congrats Andy. Next na Europe.
how old is he?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:49pm On Mar 21, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:51pm On Mar 21, 2023
I am presently listening to Collins Udoh space on tweeter now!
I am sorry for blaming the current NFF president.
Pinnick put us in this mess!
Marjoribanks:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:52pm On Mar 21, 2023
mostob:
This is a cowardice talk abeg...if you're good, you are good.
cowardice no be small 🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:54pm On Mar 21, 2023

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14344) (14345) (14346) (14347) (14348) (14349) (14350) ... (16126) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Tolulopefinest(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.