Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11750916 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
I have not assumed anything Sir. smiley

You subtly make digs at our young players especially those who were MRI-tested.

The MRI can only reveal ages for 17 and under. #fact.

So please, cease with those subtly marked comments of yours about "true age", "fake age"... It's childish and not acceptable.

We know players cheat from Nigeria also but for goodness sake that mentality should not extend to our MRI-tested kids. It should not! Haba!

For once, Nigeria is getting it right in churning out true youngsters and you're here sometimes making digs at these same players' ages. It's not cool.

And I didn't abuse you.... smiley I was only being strict and direct in my comments. smiley

komekn:

It's not everything that I feel reason to reply too or even give credence too by discussing it.

You have wrongly assumed my refusal to continue the discourse on MRI as being agreement with you.

The MRI is near 99% accurate where bone fusion has occurred, what it cannot do is give certainty on actual age. It can give an informed somewhat aggregate age range.

We all are anonymous to some but that's not excuse for bad behaviour and abusive language by some not exactly you.

I could say a lot more but I don't really see the need too. And yes you can say I have a professional interest in football that spans well over a decade, I am not a teenager.

Football is subjective and will remain largely about opinions. Opinions that will often be wrong, I remember when I first met Raheem, I actually did not believe he would make it, he was just too small, fast yes, but slight with a limited skill set. Well I was TOTALLY WRONG.

So please let's not get too emotive and absolutely no need for abuse.

Under no circumstances would I in the public domain particularly with my Caucasian peers ever bring up the issue of age cheating with regard to Africans.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Loooollllll...... He's dropped another one. Looolll

Do you know there are many things I can ask you to show me with facts to prove that something is the way it is? smiley

Boyyy!!! I'm tempted right now but naaa... Won't go down that street.

I'll rather put it simply....

WORLD CLASS IS WHAT IT IS.....

"OF THE HIGHEST CALIBER." smiley

If you don't know what "WORLD CLASS" is after all your years in football observatory/followership, then you have no business talking football.

Ciao.... wink

This is exactly the reason I said you argue with your gutt feelings. You have proved it once again, it's like dejavu.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2016
we are still on the iheanacho issue? truth is the boy needs playing time. if guardiola can't guarantee him that then a loan move should be arranged for him. he can not improve just sitting on the bench doing united nations observer mode. he needs to go somewhere that he will be trusted to start games on a regular. a run of games will help him iron out the kinks or mistakes in his game. i admire guardiola but not at the expense of my country man. a promising one for that matter. but guardiola na control freak sha how pesin go dey monitor your sex lives and sleeping pattern? e yen ti poju naa!

lukaku is very good but not world class. for me world class means you perform optimally over a long period in various competitions and not just a local champion. i can name so many players who scored millions of goals in EPL and other leagues but are in no way world class. sey na matt le tissear, alan shearer, jardel with porto mid 90s, yakubu grin, luca toni with florentina in seria a etc i wan mention. when you come take them to world cup, ucl, euro, afcon they will be found out.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:24pm On Dec 01, 2016
It's okay buddy.... Looollll

I understand. Doing all you can to save your face... It's more like you're drowning under water right now... Looollll

Just give it a rest.... Okay. LUKAKU IS NOT WORLD CLASS for now. He couldnt make the best 50 players on major lists and you're here still rapping. Because you said it would be unthinkable to think of a World top 50 without lukaku to prove his case for world class.... I can imagine your facial expression on finding out he's not top 50.... Looolll

Oga... Lukaku is neither world class nor world's top 50 for now. Accept it and move on. Maybe in two-three years from now, we can start saying, "Yes, mehn! Lukaku is world class"

So if we wanna mention the world class players/acts in the EPL right now, Lukaku follow? Give it a rest man. You're losing it. smiley

goldfish80:

Those links you posted were list of top 10,20 or 50 players in the opinion of the writter.
We are arguing who is a world class player and not who makes the top 10 players.
There is a distinct difference between "top 10" and "world class".
Even the journalists who compiled those lists you're running with won't say Lukaku isn't world class.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
Loooooollllll...... After tearing down your lukaku worldclass comments to shreds, pieces and burning it to ashes?? Loooollll

Feel free to speak man... It's a free world afterall.

Like I said, there are questions I can easily throw your way right now asking you to prove absolutely or to show me a sure index that supports certain beliefs you have... Looollll **but I wont bow to the temptation to go down that path... It wont be fair... I play fair** wink

Accept defeat "humbly" and bow out. smiley

You have no business talking football if you cannot distinguish a world class player from others.

goldfish80:

This is exactly the reason I said you argue with your gutt feelings. You have proved it once again, it's like dejavu.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
One of my biased intentions for my contributions was to highlight players of Nigerian origin hitherto unknown by most playing in the UK.

I say this because I know there are very few, if any football league academies that don't have at least a few Nigerian kids in them.

I do not intend to go below 14/15 years of age. Unless that individual is doing well above expectation.

Particularly when you consider we have kids of 4years old already in the academy system in England, crazy I think.

Players who could possibly play for Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:36pm On Dec 01, 2016
Like 15 year old Emeka Obi. smiley

That's all part of what the talents/cadets thread is for. You've been there and know about the thread.

So no qualms.

komekn:
One of my biased intentions for my contributions was to highlight players of Nigerian origin hitherto unknown by most playing in the UK.

I say this because I know there are very few, if any football league academies that don't have at least a few Nigerian kids in them.

I do not intend to go below 14/15 years of age. Unless that individual is doing well above expectation.

Particularly when you consider we have kids of 4years old already in the academy system in England, crazy I think.

Players who could possibly play for Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:48pm On Dec 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
I have not assumed anything Sir. smiley

You subtly make digs at our young players especially those who were MRI-tested.

The MRI can only reveal ages for 17 and under. #fact.

So please, cease with those subtly marked comments of yours about "true age", "fake age"... It's childish and not acceptable.

We know players cheat from Nigeria also but for goodness sake that mentality should not extend to our MRI-tested kids. It should not! Haba!

For once, Nigeria is getting it right in churning out true youngsters and you're here sometimes making digs at these same players' ages. It's not cool.

And I didn't abuse you.... smiley I was only being strict and direct in my comments. smiley

Do you remember now 19 year old Abuchi Obinwa born in the USA had played at youth level for the USA even went on trial at Real Madrid now contracted to Hannover 96.

Came to Nigeria in 2013 and controversially failed a MRI scan age test and was rejected from the U17 Golden eaglets. Inexplicably no reason was given beyond the comments of see below.

It is important to note that the MRI scan is not foolproof,”
NFF board member Chris Green told BBC Sport
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
It's okay buddy.... Looollll

I understand. Doing all you can to save your face... It's more like you're drowning under water right now... Looollll

Just give it a rest.... Okay. LUKAKU IS NOT WORLD CLASS for now. He couldnt make the best 50 players on major lists and you're here still rapping. Because you said it would be unthinkable to think of a World top 50 without lukaku to prove his case for world class.... I can imagine your facial expression on finding out he's not top 50.... Looolll

Oga... Lukaku is neither world class nor world's top 50 for now. Accept it and move on. Maybe in two-three years from now, we can start saying, "Yes, mehn! Lukaku is world class"

So if we wanna mention the world class players/acts in the EPL right now, Lukaku follow? Give it a rest man. You're losing it. smiley

Of course Lukaku is a world class player and one of Premier leagues best acts from 2012 till date. Only Aguero has score more goals than him within that period.

Lukaku goal record vs Premier League strikers since 2012/13 (games in brackets)
Sergio Aguero – 71 (107)
*Romelu Lukaku – 60 (130)*
Luis Suarez – 54 (66)
Olivier Giroud – 53 (126)
Christian Benteke – 49 (113)
Wayne Rooney – 48 (111)
Robin van Persie – 48 (86)
Yaya Toure – 42 (121)
Harry Kane – 41 (74)
Daniel Sturridge – 38 (61)
Wilfried Bony – 31 (81)
Diego Costa – 31 (50)
Theo Walcott – 28 (81)

See his numbers when paired with other "world class strikers in Europe since 2012.

Cristiano Ronaldo ( 31) – 207 (192 games)
Lionel Messi (28) – 195 (189)
Zlatan Ibrahimovic (34) – 137 (173)
Robert Lewandowski (27) – 133 (183)
Luis Suarez (29) – 128 (165)
Neymar (24) (since August 2012) – 104 (163)
Sergio Aguero (27) – 96 (143)
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (26) – 95 (176)
Karim Benzema (28) – 91 (173)
Gareth Bale (26) – 79 (155)
×Romelu Lukaku (22) – 78 (155)*
Olivier Giroud (29) – 78 (176)
Carlos Tevez (32) – 76 (159)
Wayne Rooney (30) – 63 (146)

Amongst these players let it be noted Lukaku is the youngest and plays for an average mid table team(West brom and Everton) within the period being analysed.
Emphasis is on performance, a player doesn't have to be playing for Bayern Munich and Barcelona to be world class.

Use verifiable statistics and numbers to dispute that Lukaku isn't a worldie. Don't tell me your gutt feeling or just the opinion of a journalist posted as a link.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
25 teams?? Wow! Na wa.... Time will tell shaa... Speculations flying all over the place.

25 Teams Want Mikel But Shanghai Shenhua Are Favourite To Land Chelsea Star Ahead Of SIPG & Jiangsu Suning

Owngoalnigeria.com understands that over 25
teams have submitted contract proposal to out of favour Chelsea star John Mikel Obi who has been told he is free to leave Stamford Bridge in
January.

Mikel has found games hard to come by under
new Chelsea manager Antonio Conte, in what is
his eleventh season at the club, no thanks to his
participation at the Rio 2016 Olympics with
Nigeria.

However the 29 year old is not short of offers as
according to his close friend and associates, he
has been bombarded with over 25 contract
proposals from teams all round the world.

”Mikel has around 25 offers already, it’s crazy but there’s a new offer everyday, teams from the Middle East, Dubai and Qatar precisely, as well as MLS and around five teams in Europe” He told Owngoalnigeria.com.

He further said, Mikel will most likely end up in
China with Shanghai Shehua where former Super Eagles forward Obafemi Martins currently plays.

”Shanghai Shenhua almost signed him last
season, they are back in for him and John Terry
with manager Gustavo Poyet keen on pushing a
deal through.

”Secondly their offer is better financially that that of Shanghai SIPG and the club (Jiangsu Suning) of Mikel’s former teammate Ramirez. For now he could end up there”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/01/25-teams-want-mikel-but-shanghai-shenhua-are-favourite-to-land-chelsea-star-ahead-of-sipg-jiangsu-suning/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:53pm On Dec 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
[/b] I cannot believe I'm reading this crap.[b] Looollll

Best players in the English league?? Like seriously?? I'm talking "BEST IN THE WORLD" mehn!!!!

I'M TALKING WORLD-CLASS HERE!!! HELLO!
Anybody home?! smiley

[b][/b]The "bolded" is your lame and cowardly attempt to discredit me but that's so not gonna work... smiley Thruout this thread my reputation is known. I dont argue much but when I take an argument super-seriously, you see me pouring facts down your throat till you say "no more... Enough is enough" [/b]Loolllll

[b][/b]I also take it that you've been blind to lot of facts I drop here when talking football huh? smiley [b][/b]After you'll start saying one is being rude but the fact is, "You must be blind" to have made that comment at the "bolded"...

You want facts?? You wanna see my best 10 strikers/forwards in Europe which extensively means in the world??

Loollll... I'm afraid I can't feed you with "my list".... You will say it's my opinion "as usual", "my gut feelings-laden list"... Looollll
*Besides Yara Yara and I dont wanna unveil our special players rankings meter just yet... And to you, not at all naa, why? coz you wont even regard it*

[b]Lemme rather drop proof from a whole host of other sites all over the internet.......

I did my best to limit the rankings search to between 2014-2016 (Lukaku's most productive years). And yep... "Forwards" mean WFs, STs, SS, and hybrid AMFs. BUT "STRIKERS" mean "No.9" mostly and also include WFs. I hope you know these.... wink

Knock yourself out Mister Goldfish... Have fun reading.... smiley

Note: This list is not not even supposed to be here. It's about players valuation not "football stats" smiley But I put it because Lukaku shows up at least on this list... Loolll he's at no.18 not even top 10.

Note: IBtimes' World best 50 2016-17... No Lukaku. Lukaku did make CIES football observatory's list of top 25 strikers though but it's more about Valuation again.... And no top 10 placing. Not even top 20. Sorry sad

Note: CIES top 10 forwards rankings march 2015.

Note: Ibtimes' best world 50 2015-16

I can go on and on but I think it's more than enough.

Throughout various authorities and respected stats/rankings soccer sites, No mention of Lukaku as world class or being in the top 10 or even Top 20 for the last three years and the present.

In finality, DO YOU KNOW HE DIDN'T EVEN MERIT/EARN/GET A PLACE IN THE GOAL 50 2016 won by Cristiano Ronaldo?? I can't recall all the players of Goal 50 of 2015 won by Lionel Messi but for 2016, the in-form Lukaku is not even there.

And in IBTimes' world best 50 for the last two years he's not even there..... I didnt even bother checking the IBtimes' 2014-15 list.

Mister..... You saw how I handled Forgiveness when he said nonsense about Solanke and Iheanacho comparison stats. That's just one example out of many. I really dont like talking too much or dragging arguments because you wanna stand your ground. When you see the truth, you bow to it and accept it. #Simple... smiley

That's how I drop mine. Before I say something so strong, just know that I've done my homework. Ciao.... smiley

P.S: And one more thing, You'll find Kevin de Bruyne on most of the lists above.... I also have CIES football observatory valuations list for 2016 right here. If you want it.. Just say "hey!" wink

Guy easy nawww! Your use of language in all honesty is brash if not downright disrespectful. I was attracted to this thread because of the level headed discourse on football going on here but it's gradually turning toxic and without being accusatory, I'd say you don't like being disagreed with and you fling words out in a way that can hurt others. We are all guys. Please let's be civil and respectful to each other even when view points differ. We should persuade, coax, convince not cut others with rude words, dismiss their opinions and even rubbish their person. Yes I am new to this thread but I will not standby and allow disrespect and coarseness and unfeelingness to be aimed at anyone. I am not the self appointed policeman here but I swear, I will not standby because the least we owe each other here is respect.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:54pm On Dec 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Loooooollllll...... After tearing down your lukaku worldclass comments to shreds, pieces and burning it to ashes?? Loooollll

Feel free to speak man... It's a free world afterall.

Like I said, there are questions I can easily throw your way right now asking you to prove absolutely or to show me a sure index that supports certain beliefs you have... Looollll **but I wont bow to the temptation to go down that path... It wont be fair... I play fair** wink

Accept defeat "humbly" and bow out. smiley

You have no business talking football if you cannot distinguish a world class player from others.

Tearing what to shreds? When you haven't proved Jack!
Please reply the quoted accordingly.
Of course Lukaku is a world class player and one of Premier leagues best acts from 2012 till date. Only Aguero has score more goals than him within that period.
Sergio Aguero – 71 (107)
Luis Suarez – 54 (66)
Wayne Rooney – 48 (111)
Yaya Toure – 42 (121)
Harry Kane – 41 (74)
Wilfried Bony – 31 (81)
Diego Costa – 31 (50)
Theo Walcott – 28 (81)
See his numbers when paired with other "world class strikers in Europe since 2012.
Amongst these players let it be noted Lukaku is the youngest and plays for an average mid table team(West brom and Everton) within the period being analysed.
Emphasis is on performance, a player doesn't have to be playing for Bayern Munich and Barcelona to be world class.
Use verifiable statistics and numbers to dispute that Lukaku isn't a worldie. Don't tell me your gutt feeling or just the opinion of a journalist posted as a link.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:54pm On Dec 01, 2016
Goldfish80,

Put into the mix the premiership is a much tougher league apart from maybe Laliga to score goals in.

Lukaku has to be up there as a proven WORLD CLASS goal scorer consider also he is not playing with World class players all around him. Which you will find in Barca, Real, City or Chelsea but lowly comparative Everton and West Bromwich.

Then he becomes even more of a better striker add to that his age then he is simply the best at his age 23 or on the way to getting there.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:55pm On Dec 01, 2016
**yawns** yet CIES, Goal 50, and many more dont know better huh??

You've labored in vain man..... You tried, you fought hard... Loolll... But sorry... Lukaku from all searches put together is no world-class player.

Talking of verifiable stats... I gave you not too long ago... Looollll... Ciao Goldfish. Lick your wounds and move on.

You have no inkling of an idea what "world class" is at all.

I'm done with you. I got other matters to attend to. Loooollll

goldfish80:

Sergio Aguero – 71 (107)
Luis Suarez – 54 (66)
Wayne Rooney – 48 (111)
Yaya Toure – 42 (121)
Harry Kane – 41 (74)
Wilfried Bony – 31 (81)
Diego Costa – 31 (50)
Theo Walcott – 28 (81)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mujtahida:

Guy easy nawww! Your use of language in all honesty is brash if not downright disrespectful. I was attracted to this thread because of the level headed discourse on football going on here but it's gradually turning toxic and without being accusatory, I'd say you don't like being disagreed with and you fling words out in a way that can hurt others. We are all guys. Please let's be civil and respectful to each other even when view points differ. We should persuade, coax, convince not cut others with rude words, dismiss their opinions and even rubbish their person. Yes I am new to this thread but I will not standby and allow disrespect and coarseness and unfeelingness to be aimed at anyone. I am not the self appointed policeman here but I swear, I will not standby because the least we owe each other here is respect.
Save your breath man. His rudeness and obscenities is something am quite used to. I've transcended above the level of being stampeded online by an anonymous person.
His childish tantrums are not worth more than 2 bottles of Jack Daniels me.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
Looolll... But he played at Chelsea and FLOPPED.

And are u serious, the premiership is tougher to score goals in than in la liga? Wow! That's wow. Doing your very best to discredit messi and Ronaldo. **bravo** smiley

Well, have fun guys. I'm done all the same with this... Done, buried and dusted grin

Ciao y'all... Loolll

komekn:
Goldfish80,

Put into the mix the premiership is a much tougher league apart from maybe Laliga to score goals in.

Lukaku has to be up there as a proven goal scorer consider also he is not playing in Barca, Real, City or Chelsea but lowly comparative Everton and West Bromwich.

Then he becomes even more of a better striker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:11pm On Dec 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

And are u serious, the premiership is tougher to score goals in than in la liga? Wow! That's wow. Doing your very best to discredit messi and Ronaldo. **bravo** smiley

Well, have fun guys. I'm done all the same with this... Done, buried and dusted grin

Ciao y'all... Loolll

Chelsea signed him fro Anderlerch at 19 for £10m sold him to Everton for £28m, almost 300% ROI. Last season, they had a bid of £55m rejected BY Everton.
So much for being a flop

By the way, how may 19yr old are bossing it at Chelsea?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:15pm On Dec 01, 2016
That's why it's not 100% but 99.9% (a little over 99%) accurate.

Obinwa belongs to the 0.1% of kids who may actually be 17 and under but whose radial physis plates have fused.

There's also the littlest chance of seeing an 18yr old pass the MRI test coz his radial physis plates havent fully fused.

This is the reason for an error of +/-2

komekn:

Do you remember now 19 year old Abuchi Obinwa born in the USA had played at youth level for the USA even went on trial at Real Madrid now contracted to Hannover 96.

Came to Nigeria in 2013 and controversially failed a MRI scan age test and was rejected from the U17 Golden eaglets. Inexplicably no reason was given beyond the comments of see below.

It is important to note that the MRI scan is not foolproof,”
NFF board member Chris Green told BBC Sport

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:15pm On Dec 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
**yawns** yet CIES, Goal 50, and many more dont know better huh??

You've labored in vain man..... You tried, you fought hard... Loolll... But sorry... Lukaku from all searches put together is no world-class player.

Talking of verifiable stats... I gave you not too long ago... Looollll... Ciao Goldfish. Lick your wounds and move on.

You have no inkling of an idea what "world class" is at all.

I'm done with you. I got other matters to attend to. Loooollll

What stats did you post? You basically copied a link of an opinion material on the Web.
We are not talking about opinion and gutt feelings. We are talking about facts backed with data.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
Okay... Moving on... wink

Nigeria U20 Star Okonkwo In Line To Make
Coppa Italia Debut

Nigeria U20 international Orji Okonkwo is in line to make his Coppa Italia debut on Thursday night when Bologna face off against Verona at Stadio Renato Dall’Ara in the fourth round.

The former Golden Eaglets star has been listed
among the forwards by coach Roberto Donadoni
alongside Destro, Di Francesco, Floccari, Krejci
and Mounier.

Okonkwo has been promoted to the first team of Bologna after he initially played for the U19 squad in the Primavera upon his arrival in Italy from Football College Abuja.

The youngster was in action against Palermo and Atalanta in the Serie A, coming off the bench in both fixtures and logging 19 minutes.

His teammate Umar Sadiq is currently out injured after successfully undergoing ankle surgery.

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21260

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
Gernot Rohr Reveals Tactical Secret Of How
Eagles Conquered Zambia And Algeria

The coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot
Rohr has given his analysis on how his team
secured victories over Zambia and Algeria
respectively during the first two games of the
2018 World Cup Qualifying series.

Super Eagles of Nigeria started off their World
Cup 2018 qualifiers with a 2-1 win over Zambia in Ndola, before defeating Algeria 3-1 in Uyo in their second game.

Rohr in an interview posted on the official website of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), the Franco-German coach whose team are presently holding a four point lead over second place Cameroun in group B revealed how they secured maximum points from their first two games.

”We approached the games with victory at the
back of our mind, but knowing Zambia is a very
good team, we made it easy by scoring two goals in the first half, we did the same against Algeria, so the early goals helped us settled into the game” He said.

”In the second half of both games, we dropped a bit in the second half, but the defending in
Zambia was not that good, but against Algeria we defended very well in the second half.

”The young players in the team lost some of their physical attributes in the second half of both games, but we defended our lead and picked up the three points”.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/01/gernot-rohr-reveals-tactical-secret-of-how-eagles-conquered-zambia-and-algeria/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:44pm On Dec 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
That's why it's not 100% but 99.9% (a little over 99%) accurate.

Obinwa belongs to the 0.1% of kids who may actually be 17 and under but whose radial physis plates have fused.

There's also the littlest chance of seeing an 18yr old pass the MRI test coz his radial physis plates havent fully fused.

This is the reason for an error of +/-2

You don't seem to understand I am not questioning the the validity of an MRI scan to establish bone fusion.

But the parameters used, the units of assumption to make your inferences upon. Aggregate will cover huge disparities in race, nutritional habits, environment,etc. They are not specific to individuals, race and environmental influences.

Those aggravates will find huge disparities in bone mass density development and subsequent bone fusion. It is impossible to use one set of average parameters for everyone without considerable disparities.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2016
But I will leave this MRI issue and we can all believe what we like.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 2:56pm On Dec 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Ciao y'all... Loolll

De bruyne also flopped at Chelsea....

and he is correct ....the premiership is tougher to score goals in than la liga
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:00pm On Dec 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:

Ciao y'all... Loolll

I wouldn't say they are world class just yet but they are on the threshold of getting there. Suarez had to go to barca to be considered the best but i still think he was much better at liverpool.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
yes lukaku has good numbers in the PREMIERSHIP! but what are his numbers in other top international competitions. his peers don't just do it in their leagues but world cups, ucl among others. even aguero and diego costa who are killing it currently in the epl the jury is still out if they are world class because they are yet to bring such form into their national teams or uefa champions league. neymar, bale, suarez, lewandowski, zlatan among have either done it for their countries or club sides in ucl or even both. a player like harry kane is very similar to lukaku. he finished in the top goal scorers charts for the past 2 seasons in the epl but has so far been miserable for tottenham in the ucl and england in euros.

goldfish80:

Sergio Aguero – 71 (107)
Luis Suarez – 54 (66)
Wayne Rooney – 48 (111)
Yaya Toure – 42 (121)
Harry Kane – 41 (74)
Wilfried Bony – 31 (81)
Diego Costa – 31 (50)
Theo Walcott – 28 (81)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2016

Chelsea: Valencia make a move for Mikel

According to The Daily Star, Valencia want to
bring Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel to the
Mestalla in January. Coach Cesare Prandelli has
identified the 29-year-old Nigerian as his primary
target and although the player is under contract
at Stamford Bridge until the end of the season,
it’s believed that Antonio Conte would be
prepared to let Mikel leave for pastures new.

Nigerian portal AllNigeriaSoccer.com states that
the Spanish club tried to sign the player in the
summer but his wage demands were too high so the deal fell through. Prandelli is believed to be keen to use his friendship with his Italian
counterpart to seal the move this time around.

Mikel has yet to feature under Conte since he took over in the summer and now it seems as though his 10 year association with the West London club will be coming to an end in the new year. During his time at the club, the Nigerian has won two Premier League titles, four FA Cups, two League Cups and the Champions League in 2012.
Steve Mitchell @barafundler

Source: http://m.calciomercato.com/en/news/chelsea-valencia-make-a-move-for-mikel-41057

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:11pm On Dec 01, 2016
I showed you a link to the study used by the FIFA MARC team on that post you didnt quote couple of pages back. They used subjects (teens) from all continents and came about a specific grading system and various indices for various stages of the radial phsyes fusion.

The work is also online. Kindly check it out. It's not about people just believing whatever.... It's about current functional facts and actual principles behind the MRI left-wrist test which can be trusted globally because a lotta parameters were checked.

But it's okay. You wanna end it at this point. Fine. But just check out the study done. smiley

komekn:

You don't seem to understand I am not questioning the the validity of an MRI scan to establish bone fusion.

But the parameters used, the units of assumption to make your inferences upon. Aggregate will cover huge disparities in race, nutritional habits, environment,etc. They are not specific to individuals, race and environmental influences.

Those aggravates will find huge disparities in bone mass density development and subsequent bone fusion. It is impossible to use one set of average parameters for everyone without considerable disparities.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hmmm.... Hope his agent doesn't think otherwise or acts as an obstacle again. Seems influential in this Ebuehi case. sad Well, hopefully, see u in the next call-up dear Ebuehi lad... smiley

EBUEHI'S PARENTS PROMISE PLAYER WILL
HONOUR EAGLES NEXT CALL-UP - ROHR

Tyronne Ebuehi

Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr has said he has
received a promise from the parents from
Netherlands-based defender Tyronne Ebuehi he
will honour an Eagles call-up after he turned
down his first chance with the team.

Ebuehi was called up by Nigeria for last month’s World Cup qualifier against Algeria, but he later rejected the invitation.

“The parents told me he will come for the first
selections when we invite him again,” said Rohr in an interview.

“The player from Holland told me yes, but in the last moment he told me no.”

Ebuehi was scouted for the Eagles right fullback position, which has seen four players feature in that role in the team’s last three matches – Musa Mohammed, Wilfred Ndidi, Kenneth Omeruo and Shehu Abdullahi.

Source: http://africanfootball.com//news/668357/Ebuehis-parents-promise-player-will-honour-Eagles-next-call-up-Rohr

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hmmm..... Madam Dominique viewing.... **I sight you ma'am** wink

Ndidi's fee to rise huh? Possibly tied to performance-related clauses... Interesting smiley
LEICESTER CITY FINALISE NDIDI TRANSFER,
FEE TO RISE TO OVER £18 MILLION

Wilfred Ndidi

Leicester City have agreed to sign Nigeria star
Wilfred Ndidi in January for 15 million pounds, a
figure which could rise up to 18.6 million pounds.

According to reports out of Belgium, the transfer is subject to the granting of a work permit for the 19-year-old defensive midfielder, who will fill in the vacuum created by the departure of N’Golo Kante to Chelsea in the summer.

Leicester will splash out 15 million pounds for the versatile Ndidi, but this fee could rise to 18.6 million pounds with add-ons.

The Premier League champions are languishing in 14th place on the table after managing to win
only three of their matches this season.

Source: http://africanfootball.com/news/668307/Leicester-City-finalise-Ndidi-transfer-fee-to-rise-to-over-18-million

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
LEICESTER CITY TARGET NDIDI SHOOTS CLUB
TO BELGIUM CUP Q/FINALS

Eagles star Wilfred Ndidi (left)

Leicester City target Wilfred Ndidi has shot Genk to the quarterfinals of the Belgium Cup after a 3-1 win over Waasland-Beveren.

The highly-rated defensive midfielder has now
scored three goals for his club this season, two in the UEFA Europa League and one in the cup.

Ndidi scored in the 80th minute to give his side
3-0 lead on Wednesday night.

The team have now booked a place in the last
eight of the Belgium Cup.

Premier League champions Leicester City have
reportedly tabled *(OR RATHER SEALED) a 15.5 million pounds offer/deal to snap up the Nigeria international in January as a replacement for France star N’golo Kante, who left for Chelsea in the summer.

*added by me smiley

Source: http://africanfootball.com/news/668198/Leicester-City-target-Ndidi-shoots-club-to-Belgium-Cup-q-finals

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:43pm On Dec 01, 2016
ONYEKURU ON A HIGH AFTER SUPER GOAL
DUMPS CLUB BRUGGE IN BELGIUM CUP

Onyekuru (left)

Nigerian youngster Henry Onyekuru has
expressed delight with his solo goal which helped Eupen beat Club Brugge 3-2 to reach the quarterfinals of the Belgium Cup.

The 19-year-old striker scored a spectacular goal after he dribbled past four defenders.

Onyekuru said hard work has been the secret
behind his goals this season.

"It's a good feeling scoring such a wonderful goal against a team like Club Brugge. The goal helped to build my confidence even more,” he said.

"The secret behind my goals is hard work during training and games, learning from my mistakes with some tips from the coach and big players like Luis Garcia the captain of the team. But most especially is putting God first before anything."

Source: http://africanfootball.com/news/668218/Onyekuru-on-a-high-after-super-goal-dumps-Club-Brugge-in-Belgium-Cup

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jieta, BannedLarge and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.