Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11693527 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (16157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:31pm On Dec 20, 2016
tbaba1234:

It does not. NFL actually has an under 13 and under 15 program. Players like Chidera Ezeh, Awoniyi, iheanacho are products.

But more can still be done.
Definitely more should be done. I consider the Nff U13 programme hollow to be honest.
The problem of logistics and framework makes me think the whole concept is shallow.
Forget about the end result which saw us unearthing Iheanacho, Awoniyi and co.
It may or may not shock you to know that these kids slept in open fields of primary schools and churches in the zonal U13 championships.
At a push, I will name the church and school they slept in the eastern zonal championship where Ihenacho passed through.

I've always been an advocate of the Nff establishing academies modelled after the French Clairefontain academy at least 1 of such academies in each geo political zone of the country in addition to a database of all footballers in the country from the amateur level up to the pro level.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:28pm On Dec 20, 2016
komekn:

I am not here to have an argument but to have a constructive discussion. I am talking strategically, holistically and generally.

[b][/b]Kelechi is not the focal point of my post and will not be. [b][/b]The fact that Vieira was the under 21 /reserve team coach, does not necessarily filter to the other age groups and or coaches.

It's the coaches who are mainly faceless that train with these boys day in and day out at different age groups that make the difference. Not one person called Vieira, I didn't think he was a great coach a good administrator and manager. I am not speaking from hearsay but first hand knowledge.

This is not a debate between individuals massaging egos. it is a collection of experiences and opinions for individuals to be informed on this forum.
You are right. Iheanacho was not even mentioned from the beginning of this debate on the issue of Nigerian players being more technically sound than their foreign counterparts and that Nigerian coaches though bereft of facilities unlike their foreign counterparts do a good job of coaching our players to be more skillful and the discussion moved on from there. Man city was mentioned but Iheanacho was tangential to the discussion and not the focal point.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:39pm On Dec 20, 2016
I know a Nigerian player who had a very long career will not mention names and I will not confirm.

But he would tell me of players he played with at local township playing fields. 10 years later they were now much younger than him officially and he was being told to make way for these supposed younger player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:45pm On Dec 20, 2016
Me and superhero trashed out the issue of MRI and I politely agreed to disagree with him.

Having had two MRI scans prior to an ACL rebuild I did talk extensively with my surgeon on the subject as well as a number of experienced radiographers.

MRI is 99% conclusive in determining bone fusion but the aggregate parameters are too relative to be specific about a person age. We can say someone who's bones have fused is definitely not 17.

We could talk about the 2009 U17 team but that would be washing our dirty linen in public.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:49pm On Dec 20, 2016
joseph1013:

1.97! This guy is tall. He is as tall as Mertesacker who is 1.98. (For perspective, Peter Crouch is 2.01m) The guy is taller than Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Taller than the tallest Super Eagles player currently, John Ogu. He would probably be the tallest ever player to play for the Super Eagles if he is invited. And he is just 19!

Playing in Europe can not be the pre-requisite for invitation to the Eagles.

The harsh reality is that some of these leagues are not up to the standard of our local league.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:06pm On Dec 20, 2016
komekn:
Me and superhero trashed out the issue of MRI and I politely agreed to disagree with him.

Having had two MRI scans prior to an ACL rebuild I did talk extensively with my surgeon on the subject as well as a number of experienced radiographers.

MRI is 99% conclusive in determining bone fusion but the aggregate parameters are too relative to be specific about a person age. We can say someone who's bones have fused is definitely not 17.

We could talk about the 2009 U17 team but that would be washing our dirty linen in public.

The 2009 under 17 team did not have MRI scans required for each player. It was more like random selection. Like drug tests. That is why Fortune and others could slip through.

MRI scans became compulsory in 2011 for every player.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2016
komekn:

The harsh reality is that some of these leagues are not up to the standard of our local league.
I agree. Some of these leagues aren't as competitive as our local league here.
I would argue it out with anyone who tells me that the league in Slovakia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and the likes of Finland is better than what we have at home comparatively.

In Finland for instance, football is still at the part time amateur levels. Students are recruited by league teams as part timers/ semi Professionals.
Ice hockey still remains the number 1 sports there.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:37pm On Dec 20, 2016
Mujtahida:

You are right. Iheanacho was not even mentioned from the beginning of this debate on the issue of Nigerian players being more technically sound than their foreign counterparts and that Nigerian coaches though bereft of facilities unlike their foreign counterparts do a good job of coaching our players to be more skillful and the discussion moved on from there. Man city was mentioned but Iheanacho was tangential to the discussion and not the focal point.

From real. I doubt you followed the discussion. His reply was in response to safarigirl saying I am not a Manchester City fan because of Iheanacho or Guardiola. The discussion originated from her writing that I was one of the few who believed Manchester City was the best option for Iheanacho to grow in.

So, how was the discussion not about Iheanacho
?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:41pm On Dec 20, 2016
komekn:

MRI is considered to be 99% accurate until the age of 17, after which it becomes harder for medical professionals to calculate a person's age

There is no need complicating a very simple, self explanatory point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by whizola: 2:07am On Dec 21, 2016
Gabriel is no better than kelechi and aguero, i guess he is overhype
safarigirl:

I didn't even watch the game, as usual.

He will not get anything, and certainly not when Gabriel comes in January, the fact that you can't see that is very diaturbing

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:13am On Dec 21, 2016
Musa Muhammad finally played 90 minutes in the Turkish cup... Signs of progress.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by princesuko(m): 4:10am On Dec 21, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

From real. I doubt you followed the discussion. His reply was in response to safarigirl saying I am not a Manchester City fan because of Iheanacho or Guardiola. The discussion originated from her writing that I was one of the few who believed Manchester City was the best option for Iheanacho to grow in.

So, how was the discussion not about Iheanacho
?

Sorry to Ask, why do you support city again? tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:37am On Dec 21, 2016
komekn:

That Guardiola is a great coach is not in dispute.

But that Manchester city is a great academy I have serious doubts. They can buy the most promising teenagers even 8, 9 and even younger from other clubs. But the quality of coaches at academy level is done by network not competence.

I remember taking a young 14 year old of Nigerian origin to Platt lane. And the first ball he collected with roll and flip they asked him, heh mate how do you do that ?

I was quite shocked, in my opinion Nigerian coaches can teach individual technique and skill far more than most British coaches.
The goodjoe quite rightly komekn's reply was to safarigirl's assertion that you are a fan of Mancity and a lover of Pep Guardiola but I think a careful reading of his reply shows that he did not concern himself with Iheanacho as such perhaps with Mancity academy but not Iheanacho.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 7:02am On Dec 21, 2016
komekn:

Please where did you see that playing in Europe is a pre-requisite for invitation to the Eagles? Are you sure you read my comment at all?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:41am On Dec 21, 2016
terzurum5:
Nigeria legend Okocha backs Ghana to win AFCON 2017

Nigeria legend Austin Okocha is supporting the Black Stars to end their trophy drought by winning the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations in Gabon.

Ghana’s last continental silverware was back in 1982 when they lifted the Nations Cup in Libya.

But they have come close on three occasions where they were runners-up in 1992, 2010 and 2015.

With the Super Eagles failing to qualify for the tournament, Okocha is tipping Ghana to win it this time.

''I have declared my support for the Black Stars since the Super Eagles will be absent in next years tournament, I will entreat the Black Stars to make all Ghanaians proud in next years tournament considering the long wait and they should focus on tournament despite their poor start to the 2018 World Cup campaign,'' Okocha said.

http://ghanasoccernet.com/nigeria-legend-okocha-backs-ghana-to-win-afcon-2017

Ghana that can can't even win Uganda in their own backyard. I'll be surprised if they reach the semis next year

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:46am On Dec 21, 2016
whizola:
his stats are impressive and accolades as well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:03am On Dec 21, 2016
whizola:

Excuse me please! grin That Gabriel is another monster ready to devour his preys grin

Kelechi has found a competent competitor in Jesus the saviour(to be) of Man city. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:12am On Dec 21, 2016
forgiveness:

Excuse me please! grin That Gabriel is another monster ready to devour his preys grin

Kelechi has found a competent competitor in Jesus the saviour(to be) of Man city. grin

lol, saviour indeed. Even Messi can't save City
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:32am On Dec 21, 2016
safarigirl:
lol, saviour indeed. Even Messi can't save City

Hehehehe! No allow TheGood. Joe hear say Man city no get saviour oooo. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 9:36am On Dec 21, 2016
AF Cameroon Ligue 1 2016/2017 France
Cameroon in disarray after 7 stars pull out of AFCON

by Samm Audu

The Indomitable Lions of Cameroon are in total disarray ahead of next year’s AFCON in Gabon after as many as seven players on their 35-man provisional squad including Premier League stars Joel Matip and Allan Nyom opted out.

Cameroon coach Hugo Bros raised alarm over the availability of the country’s top stars for Gabon 2017.

Liverpool defender Matip, Nyom from West Bromwich Albion, Ajax Amsterdam goalkeeper Andre Onana, Guy Roland Ndy Assembe of Nancy and Andre Zambo Anguissa from Olympique Marseille have withdrawn from the four-time African champions squad to Gabon 2017.

Others who have opted out are Maxime Poundje of Bordeaux and Ibrahim Amadou from Lille.

Matip has insisted on continuing his self-imposed exile from international football after his bad experience with the previous Indomitable Lions coaches, while Onana, Assembe, Nyom have put club before country so as to maintain first-team places at their various clubs.

Poundje has opted to try his luck with France instead of Cameroon.
However, Cameroon could still get these top stars to feature at the AFCON should they report them to world football governing body FIFA.

For the 2017 AFCON, Cameroon are drawn in Group A alongside hosts Gabon, Burkina Faso and debutants Guinea Bissau.

They are also pitched against Nigeria, Zambia and Algeria in the qualifying tournament for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

The Indomitable Lions are second in the group with two points from as many matches, four points behind leaders Nigeria and both teams clash in a double-header from August 2017.

africanfootball.com/news/672860/Cameroon-in-disarray-after-7-stars-pull-out-of-AFCON
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 10:04am On Dec 21, 2016
Emenalo facilitates Mikel, Olympique Marseille talks

Olympique Marseille chief Andoni Zubizarreta is in talks with Chelsea chief Michael Emenalo for Mikel John Obi.

Zubi hopes to land the Nigerian veteran next month.

L'Equipe says Emenalo has assured Zubi that OM can sign Obi on a free when the market opens on January 1.

However, OM will still have to negotiate personal terms, which will involve the player needing to accept a pay-cut.

Obi also has lucrative offers from China.

www.soccernet.com.ng/2016/12/emenalo-facilitates-mikel-olympique.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 10:14am On Dec 21, 2016
(SEE PICTURE) – NPFL Top Scorer Obaje Signs For Tunisian Side Etoile Du Sahel

As exclusively reported by Owngoalnigeria.com yesterday top scorer in the Nigeria Professional Football League Godwin Obaje has completed his transfer to Tunisian giants Etoile Du Sahel on a four and half year deal.

See picture below. He finished as top scorer in the Nigeria Professional League with 18 goals last season, and saw a proposed move to Russian side Lokomotive Moscow fell through at the end.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/20/see-picture-npfl-top-scorer-obaje-signs-for-tunisian-side-etoile-du-sahel/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 10:26am On Dec 21, 2016
Drogba – I’ve Told Mikel To Leave Chelsea For Marseille

Drogba – I’ve Told Mikel To Leave Chelsea And Move To Marseille
Former Olympique Marseille forward Didier Drogba is pushing out of favour Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel to join his former team in France despite interest from Inter-Milan and host of teams in China.

Mikel has been told he can leave Chelsea for free in January after failing to break into the table topping team of Antonio Conte, who is yet to play the Nigerian in any of his team competitive game this season.

The captain of the Super Eagles is however not short of options but Drogba believes a move to France will help the 29 year old stay close to his wife and twin daughters as opposed to a move to China, although he will earn more in China.

”Mikel will find relevance at Marseille, I told him how well I was treated during my time there and above all it will help him stay close to his family”, Drogba allegedly told RAC1.

”Marseille are not doing badly this season and Mikel’s experience will come in handy in helping them finish the season on a high”.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/21/drogba-ive-told-mikel-to-leave-chelsea-for-marseille/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 10:32am On Dec 21, 2016
Genk Director Confirms Push For Leicester City New Signing Ndidi To Remain With The Club Till Next Summer

Genk technical director Dimitri de Conde has admitted that he pushing Leicester City to allow Wilfred Ndidi stay at the club until at least next summer, same way the club also want Man United target Leon Bailey to remain at the club.

While Ndidi to Leicester City could be made officially in nine days time, Bailey’s proposed move to Manchester United is still a rumour, but Director de Conde is keen on keeping the duo at the club even though he knows it will be difficult.

“We’ll fight to keep them here until the end of this season, but that is no easy task,” De Conde told HLN. “If mega bids – by Belgian standards – are made, they we cannot reject it, and if the boys also feel ready for a step up then it will be very difficult to keep them in Genk.

“I must be ready with alternatives.”

The English clubs will not be allowed to sign the pair cheaply, though.

“In the category of players 20 or under, then these boys are absolutely top talents, so I think a fee of between €20-€25 million is certainly warranted,” he continued.

“The ideal scenario would be that we reach a deal in January with the interested clubs but the guys say here for the rest of the season. I’ll do that if I can.”

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/21/genk-director-confirms-push-for-leicester-city-new-signing-ndidi-to-remain-with-the-club-till-next-summer/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 10:53am On Dec 21, 2016
Arsenal Inform NFF To Pay N6.1 Million For Their Mistake Concerning Nwakali

Arsenal have blamed the Nigeria Football Federation for the over-payment to Diamond Academy Umuahia with respect to the transfer of Kelechi Nwakali to the English Premier League club this summer, allnigeriasoccer.com understands.

The Gunners should have remitted only £18,750 to Diamond Academy being their “share of solidarity payment“ but made an over-payment of £16,164.39, based on the information they received from NFF’s TMS Manager, Nasiru Jibril.

The Nigeria Football Federation have sent a corrected player passport in relation to Kelechi Nwakali and this indicated that ASJ Academy Owerri are due to receive £37,500 in total from the solidarity payment.

Sources close to the Emirates outfit have informed this website that Arsenal are ready to pay ASJ a figure of £21,335.61, and they have asked NFF to pay the balance of £16,164.39 ( approximately N6.1m using the CBN rate) to ASJ and recoup the payment from Diamond Academy.

Now, ASJ Academy have argued that Nwakali was never on the books of Diamond Academy, pointing out that FIFA recognized him as a player of ASJ during the 2015 World Cup.

Regarding the 2.5 million pounds transfer fee, Diamond Academy chiefs have claimed that they remitted more than one million pounds to ASJ (more than the agreed £875,000), but have failed to back up their claims with supporting documents.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21467
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 10:55am On Dec 21, 2016
Leicester Bound Midfielder Wilfred Ndidi Suspended In Belgium

Wilfred Ndidi will not feature for Racing Genk when they tackle Zulte-Waregem at Regenboog stadion in the Belgian First Division A on Wednesday night.

The Super Eagles midfielder was yellow carded for the fifth time this season in Genk’s 2-2 draw with Standard Liege last weekend, which triggered an automatic one-game suspension.

Ndidi picked up his first caution of the season versus Anderlecht, before he was booked against Westerlo, Club Brugge and KV Oostende .

He will bid farewell to the Racing Genk fans next Tuesday, December 27, after the meeting with Gent.

The Nath Boys product has penned a five-year contract with Leicester City wef January 2017.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21464
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:55am On Dec 21, 2016
princesuko:

Sorry to Ask, why do you support city again? tongue

I do not think it is a why. It was meant to be. I was a big fan of Carlos Tevez as a young teenager (16) and I was a Manchester United fan when Tevez put up a brilliant performance. Alex Ferguson refused to sign Tevez before the end of the season. Tevez left to City at the beginning of the season. I still held on until City announced Roberto Mancini as the coach of the Club. That was the sign.

I am a big Mancini fan. From his days as a player of Lazio, to his days coaching Lazio and Inter Milan. As soon as he became a Cityzen, I became one. From then, in 2010, my undying loyalty remains with City.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 10:59am On Dec 21, 2016
Ex-Spurs, Liverpool Sporting Director : Mikel Will Be A Good Signing For Marseille

Former Sporting Director of Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool, Damien Comolli, reckons that John Obi Mikel will be a good signing for Marseille in the winter transfer market.

Marseille are in the market for a defensive midfielder to compensate for the likely departure of Lassana Diarra.

“Of course he can do good at OM. He has size, power, aggressiveness, a very good technical quality, especially In the past, he has receded on the field and is now a real number six,’’Comolli told Le Phocéen.

“I am convinced that if he arrives at OM, he can bring a lot with his quality of recovery.

“He will be very comfortable, even if he is not Bakayoko of Monaco or Verratti.’’

Mikel comes off contract with Chelsea in the next six months and the English club are willing to allow him leave for nothing in January.

Igho Kingsley

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21470

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 11:00am On Dec 21, 2016
Spartak Moscow Interested In Signing Ex-West Ham Striker Emenike

Fenerbahçe S.K. striker Emmanuel Emenike could make a return to Spartak Moscow in the January transfer window.

According to Turkish newspaper Fanatik, the Yellow Canaries are willing to sell the former Nigeria international to his former club next month.

Emenike, 29, joined Spartak Moscow from Fenerbahce in July 2011, and registered 24 goals (8 assists) in 51 appearances for the capital team before returning to Turkey in 2013.

This season, the ex-West Ham, Karabükspor and Al Ain star has notched 7 goals across all competitions.

He has also represented South African clubs Mpumalanga Black Aces and FC Cape Town.

Igho Kingsley

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21469

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 11:01am On Dec 21, 2016
Nigeria U23 Target Adeloye Scores Against Strong Liverpool Side In Trial Game

Chester FC have started running the rule over former Dream Team VI trainee Tomi Adeloye with a view to offering him a contract.

Adeloye impressed the coaching staff of Chester on Tuesday afternoon, scoring against Liverpool U23 in a 2-1 loss suffered by the Blues in a friendly game.

Liverpool fielded a strong lineup with the likes of Ovie Ejaria, Sheyi Ojo, Ben Woodburn and Joe Gomez all starting.

A product of Stoke City, Adeloye previously represented the youth teams of Millwall and Charlton Athletic before spending time with Chelmsford City, Welling and Leatherhead FC.

The striker trained with the Nigerian U23 national team in June 2016.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21466

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 11:30am On Dec 21, 2016
Remembering some old Monikers:

Where is Casket
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:39am On Dec 21, 2016
terzurum5:
Arsenal Inform NFF To Pay N6.1 Million For Their Mistake Concerning Nwakali

Arsenal have blamed the Nigeria Football Federation for the over-payment to Diamond Academy Umuahia with respect to the transfer of Kelechi Nwakali to the English Premier League club this summer, allnigeriasoccer.com understands.

The Gunners should have remitted only £18,750 to Diamond Academy being their “share of solidarity payment“ but made an over-payment of £16,164.39, based on the information they received from NFF’s TMS Manager, Nasiru Jibril.

The Nigeria Football Federation have sent a corrected player passport in relation to Kelechi Nwakali and this indicated that ASJ Academy Owerri are due to receive £37,500 in total from the solidarity payment.

Sources close to the Emirates outfit have informed this website that Arsenal are ready to pay ASJ a figure of £21,335.61, and they have asked NFF to pay the balance of £16,164.39 ( approximately N6.1m using the CBN rate) to ASJ and recoup the payment from Diamond Academy.

Now, ASJ Academy have argued that Nwakali was never on the books of Diamond Academy, pointing out that FIFA recognized him as a player of ASJ during the 2015 World Cup.

Regarding the 2.5 million pounds transfer fee, Diamond Academy chiefs have claimed that they remitted more than one million pounds to ASJ (more than the agreed £875,000), but have failed to back up their claims with supporting documents.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21467

I'm sure they are right but they have to wait in line behind everybody else the NFF owes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) ... (16157) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Shegzdave, Meliforme, opes, Marjoribanks and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.