Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,156 members, 7,849,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:10 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11859781 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (16248) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:54am On Sep 07, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

My people see me o! I was out with some friends and next thing my guy who is a man u fan starts shouting to the sky how Rashford is better than Iheanacho. He even said Rashford would have scored a hattrick against Tanzania. So i'm looking for Joe's plank and let me say this "Man U fans, respect yourselfs". Support ur team but leave our boy out of ur wahala.

you know some people are deluded so no need arguing that. Rashford can't hold a candle to Iheanacho's talents, if Nacho had been an English man, he would be the top striker at City now because that boy is better than Aguero, he is so dynamic that you can switch formations with him without even changing any player. And the worst part is that Nigerians themselves do not even want to believe the truth, they move along with the hype

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:04am On Sep 07, 2016
Mickael2:

ehm, point of information. Alaba was always a midfielder before he switched back to left back, he played as a midfielder for his local club, I have lost the name now.

Lahm, well yes we can give him credit for that, but he is not the first person to do that is he? Mou changed Mikel to a DMF,Ferguson changed Smalling from a fullback to a CB, and so many others, its not a huge achievement

Thanks for the addition.

Your post made me read something. He was a midfielder, converted to a left back at Bayern Munich by Louis Van Gaal. (Interesting because Guardiola talked a lot with Van Gaal most when Van Gaal coached Barca)

So with respect to Alaba being able to play as a midfielder, Guardiola takes no credit.

Don't you think Guardiola deserves credit from changing him as a leftback at Bayern back into the midfield role?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:08am On Sep 07, 2016
Mickael2:

you know some people are deluded so no need arguing that. Rashford can't hold a candle to Iheanacho's talents, if Nacho had been an English man, he would be the top striker at City now because that boy is better than Aguero, he is so dynamic that you can switch formations with him without even changing any player. And the worst part is that Nigerians themselves do not even want to believe the truth, they move along with the hype

Very blatant. I keep that in mind but I do not want that kind of pressure or competition on Nacho. Let him keep growing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:09am On Sep 07, 2016
Mickael2:

ehm, point of information. Alaba was always a midfielder before he switched back to left back, he played as a midfielder for his local club, I have lost the name now.

Lahm, well yes we can give him credit for that, but he is not the first person to do that is he? Mou changed Mikel to a DMF,Ferguson changed Smalling from a fullback to a CB, and so many others, its not a huge achievement

I did not say Guardiola is the only one to switch players. At the Olympics Siasia switched Seth from a right back to Center back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:16am On Sep 07, 2016
Mickael2:

David Alaba (Austria)

Converted from a midfielder to a left-back by Louis Van Gaal, David Alaba has become one of the best players in the Bundesliga under Pep Guardiola's management and will be one of the stars of Euro 2016. For Austria he plays in midfield, or sometimes defence, sporadically out on the wing but mostly in the middle and rarely, but occasionally, even upfront. To say Alaba is versatile is an understatement but he's genuinely brilliant wherever he plays.

"He's just incredible. He's just... wow," says Guardiola.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/08/euro-2016-ranking-the-20-best-players/david-alaba-playing-for-austria/

This highlights why I think Pep Guardiola is not a bad man manager. His ideas improve players.

Coming into Bayern and opting for Alaba to influence the midfield and he improved. Same goes to Lahm.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:29am On Sep 07, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

My people see me o! I was out with some friends and next thing my guy who is a man u fan starts shouting to the sky how Rashford is better than Iheanacho. He even said Rashford would have scored a hattrick against Tanzania. So i'm looking for Joe's plank and let me say this "Man U fans, respect yourselfs". Support ur team but leave our boy out of ur wahala.
lol, if you visit Twitter, you go plank people tire

Rashford plays for England U21 and scored against Norway yesterday, only for them to start again. One said "Rashford scored against Norway while Iheanacho scored against hungry African players".....please, how Norway better pass Tanzania in football?

Okay, Iheanacho was asked in an interview that how does it feel to be the best U21 footballer in the world, he now replied " I don't know, you'll have to ask Rashford"

Man U fans were ejacu-lating ontop that one, my boy dey use sense for them....play off your impact, take attention away from yourself and do big things in a low key way. I don't know if they expected him to say "it feels great".. So that haters will tag my brother "Balotelli part 2"

Let the attention stay on Rashford, let it be a source of distraction to that one, shey Martial time don finish, now na Rashford...meanwhile Kelechi go still dey collect salary, dey play ball

Cc thegoodjoe, icon4s, joseph1013, lakesidepapa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 10:34am On Sep 07, 2016
Mickael2:

I love Kelechi as much as anyone here, but it is preposterous to say that at the moment, he is better than Aguero. No way! He is definitely better than Rashford but Aguero, abeg let's wait small.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 10:37am On Sep 07, 2016
safarigirl:

Rashford plays for England U21 and scored against Norway yesterday, only for them to start again. One said "Rashford scored against Norway while Iheanacho scored against hungry African players".....please, how Norway better pass Tanzania in football?

Okay, Iheanacho was asked in an interview that how does it feel to be the best U21 footballer in the world, he now replied " I don't know, you'll have to ask Rashford"

Man U fans were ejacu-lating ontop that one, my boy dey use sense for them....play off your impact, take attention away from yourself and do big things in a low key way. I don't know if they expected him to say "it feels great".. So that haters will tag my brother "Balotelli part 2"

Let the attention stay on Rashford, let it be a source of distraction to that one, shey Martial time don finish, now na Rashford...meanwhile Kelechi go still dey collect salary, dey play ball

I don't think Kelechi said that. I don search tire for net. Those Man Utd fans can cook up fabu ehn.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:52am On Sep 07, 2016
safarigirl:

[size=14pt]Manchester City’s Kelechi Iheanacho reveals he’s learning from Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford[/size]

‘You can learn from every player so I’ve learnt from Rashford as well this season and I wish him all the best in his career’.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/12/manchester-citys-kelechi-iheanacho-reveals-hes-learning-from-manchester-uniteds-marcus-rashford-5876693/

I agree with you 100%. Iheanacho is being smart and deflecting the pressure off him.

Let the Manchester United fans and the media celebrate their Rashford.

Iheanacho already knows what to do. Keep working hard to gain his manager's trust.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:07pm On Sep 07, 2016
goldfish80:

Dropping players is not the issue here bit the manner he does that.
You don't avoid talking to someone for a whole year because you want to drop him. [/b]Like in Eto's case he talked to him 3 times throughout the season. In one of those three times, he wanted to tell Eto how to move, he rightly told him to fvck off![b]
Manzukich was the top scorer and champions league winner before he joined, he abruptly stopped talking to him and went out of his way to ensure he does not end the season as the top scorer. You can't be a good manager of men and avoid talking to your wards for whatever reason.

I used to see you as an intelligent guy but am very surprised you're still running with this your line of argument all week. Very shocking.
What is wrong in Pep telling eto how to improve his movement as a striker?? I agree with you to a certain extent that Pep isn't the best man manager around, but that'll come as he gets older. He's still a young coach.
Eto was just being daft imo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jobsat34(m): 2:12pm On Sep 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

[size=14pt]Manchester City’s Kelechi Iheanacho reveals he’s learning from Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford[/size]

‘You can learn from every player so I’ve learnt from Rashford as well this season and I wish him all the best in his career’.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/12/manchester-citys-kelechi-iheanacho-reveals-hes-learning-from-manchester-uniteds-marcus-rashford-5876693/

I agree with you 100%. Iheanacho is being smart and deflecting the pressure off him.

Let the Manchester United fans and the media celebrate their Rashford.

Iheanacho already knows what to do. Keep working hard to gain his manager's trust.

Whoever is managing this kelechi is doing a great job..
He is keeping attention away from himself, knowing the english monster cum media could bring him down with there super propagander program..
I m expecting to see, anytime soon, the assumed market value of €100m quoted for rashford. Yeye pple

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 2:17pm On Sep 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

David Alaba (Austria)

Converted from a midfielder to a left-back by Louis Van Gaal, David Alaba has become one of the best players in the Bundesliga under Pep Guardiola's management and will be one of the stars of Euro 2016. For Austria he plays in midfield, or sometimes defence, sporadically out on the wing but mostly in the middle and rarely, but occasionally, even upfront. To say Alaba is versatile is an understatement but he's genuinely brilliant wherever he plays.

"He's just incredible. He's just... wow," says Guardiola.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/08/euro-2016-ranking-the-20-best-players/david-alaba-playing-for-austria/

This highlights why I think Pep Guardiola is not a bad man manager. His ideas improve players.

Coming into Bayern and opting for Alaba to influence the midfield and he improved. Same goes to Lahm.

that means that Alaba was always a midfielder so Guardiola did nothing special. And lets be honest, if you watched that Euro, you will know that Alaba is easily better at RB

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 2:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
joseph1013 post=
49147486:

I love Kelechi as much as anyone here, but it is preposterous to say that at the moment, he is better than Aguero. No way! He is definitely better than Rashford but Aguero, abeg let's wait small.

depends on the system you want to use. I like versatile players, if you push Aguero into a midfield position he will go missing totally. And Aguero's conversion rate is not even worth considering at all, piss poor
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
Under 20 footballer Musa Yahaya is getting married to a 23 year old Nollywood hausa actress.

Good news for him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 2:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Thanks for the addition.

Your post made me read something. He was a midfielder, converted to a left back at Bayern Munich by Louis Van Gaal. (Interesting because Guardiola talked a lot with Van Gaal most when Van Gaal coached Barca)

So with respect to Alaba being able to play as a midfielder, Guardiola takes no credit.

Don't you think Guardiola deserves credit from changing him as a leftback at Bayern back into the midfield role?

he deserves credit no doubt. But my point is that the natural talent had already been there, Guardiola was not the person who taught him the rubrics of being a midfielder hence he deserves just a little praise.

Anyways, delving into your argument, being a barcelona fan I must admit that Pep is a great coach but a very very poor manager. Bojan deteriorated under him, so did a lot of our other young players, if he does not like you, you are dead, that is not the sign of a good manager. Even after Mou insulted Eto he still played him, that means business first and that's the first thing you have to consider as a coach. I can go on and on higlighting his faults, Zlatan, Eto, Bojan etc etc. And the guy is a bloody racist too, read Messi's documentary, Pep became Barcelona's coach in 2008, that was the year of the olympics, Barca didn't want Messi to go so that he can learn the ways of the new coach but Pep came and told them that he can go, when asked Pep said he would NEVER prevent a player from going to the Olympics. Fast forward, Nacho was in thesame position recently, what did he do? The exact opposite, why? The color of his skin. Yaya was absolutely better than Busq in 2008/2009 but Pep chased him out because of him, Masch was also better than Busquets but he switched him into a CB just so that Busquets would play because Busquets is a spanish player and his dad is a close friend too. So he is a great coach(obviously aided by money and talent) but he is a bad manager
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:14pm On Sep 07, 2016
Mickael2:

he deserves credit no doubt. But my point is that the natural talent had already been there, Guardiola was not the person who taught him the rubrics of being a midfielder hence he deserves just a little praise.

Anyways, delving into your argument, being a barcelona fan I must admit that Pep is a great coach but a very very poor manager. Bojan deteriorated under him, so did a lot of our other young players, if he does not like you, you are dead, that is not the sign of a good manager. Even after Mou insulted Eto he still played him, that means business first and that's the first thing you have to consider as a coach. I can go on and on higlighting his faults, Zlatan, Eto, Bojan etc etc. And the guy is a bloody racist too, read Messi's documentary, Pep became Barcelona's coach in 2008, that was the year of the olympics, Barca didn't want Messi to go so that he can learn the ways of the new coach but Pep came and told them that he can go, when asked Pep said he would NEVER prevent a player from going to the Olympics. Fast forward, Nacho was in thesame position recently, what did he do? The exact opposite, why? The color of his skin. Yaya was absolutely better than Busq in 2008/2009 but Pep chased him out because of him, Masch was also better than Busquets but he switched him into a CB just so that Busquets would play because Busquets is a spanish player and his dad is a close friend too. So he is a great coach(obviously aided by money and talent) but he is a bad manager

So much.

Guardiola, think Philosophy and you get who he is.

I will like to tackle Yaya Toure. I do not get the misconception of a genuine view as racist.

Guardiola does not believe much in power. The only time I saw him consider power was in the second leg against Chelsea in the 2009 Champions League. He played Seydou Keita and Yaya Toure in that game.

If you think in respect to passing. Sergio Busquets is better than Yaya Toure there. Fernandinho is better than Yaya in passing. Fernando is better passing.

Yaya plays with speed, power, shoots fantastically, crosses, plays long balls better than this.

That is not what is key to Guardiola. He wants simple passing. Yaya Toure lacks there, so I do not see him as a racist there. Why was he not racial to Boateng, Eric Abidal and Alaba?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
like you i agree that pep's people skills can be off but a lot of the stuff you listed against him are half truths or urban myths.

you say he chased yaya away even though he is better than busquets. hmmm interesting logic cos one player went on to win multiple league and UCL titles plus world cup while the other went on to become a local champion in manchester city. guardiola is biased yet after he left barca coaches including former real madrid and spanish national team coach del bosque was using this same busquets who was blocking the destiny of macherano and toure to win titles.

yes he's racist that's why keita, abidal, etoo couldn't flourish under him.

iheanacho not going to olympics is a non issue to me. unless you are saying wenger and winfred ndidi's coach in gent are also racists for stopping iwobi, ndidi from going to the olympics besides you cannot compare messi of then to kelechi of now. messi of 2008 though young was already a key player in barcelona who had clout to ask to be allowed to go to the olympics. iheanacho on the other is a talented young man still trying to establish himself in the manchester city first team. he's not yet an invaluable member of the manchester city squad who can wake up and tell his employers i want to go to olympics and they will agree just like that.

Mickael2:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:27pm On Sep 07, 2016
Mickael2:

Here are few quotes on Busquets from some stalwarts of the game:

Pep Guardiola: “Busquets is the best defensive central midfielder in the world. He's tactically very strong and will only become more important for Barcelona in the future. He can follow in the footsteps of Carles Puyol and Xavi. He's very humble and calm, but doesn't mind speaking up when he sees fit either. If I was reincarnated as a player, I'd like to be like him."

Vicente Del Bosque: "If I were a player, I would like to be like Busquets."

Xavi: “Without Busquets, Barcelona and Spain could never had achieved what we have achieved”

Iniesta: "The perfect player? Falcao's ability in the air, [Carles] Puyol's personality, Xavi's right foot, [Lionel] Messi's talent and left foot, [Sergio] Busquets' tactical awareness and Cristiano's eye for goal"

Pacho Maturana: “For me, Sergio Busquets is the best player in the world. He never plays badly, always solves all the problems.”

Cesar Luis Menotti: “The first time I saw Busquets playing, I called a friend and said: ‘I saw a player from an extinct species’. An absolute talent.”

You might see it as racism and dropping the better player. In the ideology of their possessive style, Yaya Toure does not click.

Busquets reminds me a lot of Mikel at Chelsea. People feel he is not all that but the way he thinks and passed the ball is so elegant. A beauty to watch.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2016
Mickael2:

Was Bojan ever up there? As a kid, he was exciting. At the U17, brilliant. When he broke into the first team, he was not lighting fireworks in Barcelona. Gio Dos Santos and Gai Assulin showed far more promise than Bojan.

When Guardiola came in, Messi, Pedro and Eto'o ran the show. Bojan was never going to blow there. Dos Santos left. Gai Assulin broke his leg and his career washed. (heart breaking).

Then Ibrahimovic came and then Villa. It was bigger than Barca fielding him than poor man management.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:37pm On Sep 07, 2016
Mickael2:

Guardiola did not want to rush Kompany back. He wanted Nasri to stay but there was no space for him. Sane, Gundogan, Nolito must play.

The space was there for Yaya but Kompany Is recovering fast and we have less cover in central defence. That is not racism.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:40pm On Sep 07, 2016
Mickael2:

that means that Alaba was always a midfielder so Guardiola did nothing special. And lets be honest, if you watched that Euro, you will know that Alaba is easily better at RB

How can you say did nothing special? When Van Gaal and Heynckes felt Alaba was better as a left back. He played there all through their eras. Then Guardiola disagrees and makes him play influencing the midfield. Then he became one of the best players in the world. If that is not special, what is?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2016
jobsat34:

Whoever is managing this kelechi is doing a great job..
He is keeping attention away from himself, knowing the english monster cum media could bring him down with there super propagander program..
I m expecting to see, anytime soon, the assumed market value of €100m quoted for rashford. Yeye pple

I agree. The coaches are working on maintaining Nacho's humility. They value it as an asset. Makes him keep his head down to keep working.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:56pm On Sep 07, 2016
Mickael2:

When Barca coach Tito Vilanova was asked why he’d shelled out 15m Euros on Arsenal’s defensive midfielder Alex Song, his response was simply that Busquets cannot play every game. Song is possibly the world’s most expensive understudy.

http://sabotagetimes.com/football/barcelonas-sergio-busquets-is-the-best-non-attacking-footballer-in-the-world

This Catalans want to suffocate me with laugh.

Xavi himself claims Busquets is ‘the best one-touch player in the world’.

World Cup-winning Argentine manager Cesar Luis Menotti claims the young Catalan is ‘one of the greatest talents that has been given to Spanish football’.

Even the now almost mythical, spiritual god of the Barca style, Johann Cruyff, said when Busquets was a mere 19 years of age that ‘Positionally, he seems like a veteran with or without the ball. With the ball he makes what is difficult look easy…with the ball he gives us a lesson…he is a gift for any coach’.

If you look at it from Xavi's point if view from one touch football, Yaya Toure is not better than Busquets.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 4:11pm On Sep 07, 2016
This Guardiola debate is becoming boring, is Guardiola Nigeria coach ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
Lordabas:

Leon is good but i'm not yet sold on troost ekong, look at the calibre and number of goals the olympic team conceded.
Yeah, kinda but Troost covered the yansh of that Daniel keeper on several occasions. his other partners were poor when it came to setting offside traps thus he was always on his trap spot when his Co defenders were giving opponents sharp pace to expose defence. the Honduras game looked like he was singlely the only defender on the pitch.

You mention Mikel, and Troost comes second for best individual performance at Rio no doubt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

When Barca coach Tito Vilanova was asked why he’d shelled out 15m Euros on Arsenal’s defensive midfielder Alex Song, his response was simply that Busquets cannot play every game. Song is possibly the world’s most expensive understudy.

http://sabotagetimes.com/football/barcelonas-sergio-busquets-is-the-best-non-attacking-footballer-in-the-world

World Cup-winning Argentine manager Cesar Luis Menotti claims the young Catalan is ‘one of the greatest talents that has been given to Spanish football’.

Even the now almost mythical, spiritual god of the Barca style, Johann Cruyff, said when Busquets was a mere 19 years of age that ‘Positionally, he seems like a veteran with or without the ball. With the ball he makes what is difficult look easy…with the ball he gives us a lesson…he is a gift for any coach’.

If you look at it from Xavi's point if view from one touch football, Yaya Toure is not better than Busquets.

That is hogwash. Yaya is better than Busquets as a football player. Mancini lately said Yaya is on the same level as Messi and Ronaldo, he is a 4 time Africa player of the year winner, at his best the man can command the midfield and score the game winner. I am shocked that as a Man city fan u would even entertain such toughts, the man made u guys relevent forget Joe Hart and even Aguero, without Yaya u guys have nothing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2016
daveP:
Yeah, kinda but Troost covered the yansh of that Daniel keeper on several occasions. his other partners were poor when it came to setting offside traps thus he was always on his trap spot when his Co defenders were giving opponents sharp pace to expose defence. the Honduras game looked like he was singlely the only defender on the pitch.

You mention Mikel, and Troost comes second for best individual performance at Rio no doubt.

Don't mind Troost, left o, right o, enter midfield knock, the guy was everywhere. To me the most underated player in the whole olympics.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
chrisooblog:
like you i agree that pep's people skills can be off but a lot of the stuff you listed against him are half truths or urban myths.

you say he chased yaya away even though he is better than busquets. hmmm interesting logic cos one player went on to win multiple league and UCL titles plus world cup while the other went on to become a local champion in manchester city. guardiola is biased yet after he left barca coaches including former real madrid and spanish national team coach del bosque was using this same busquets who was blocking the destiny of macherano and toure to win titles.

yes he's racist that's why keita, abidal, etoo couldn't flourish under him.

iheanacho not going to olympics is a non issue to me. unless you are saying wenger and winfred ndidi's coach in gent are also racists for stopping iwobi, ndidi from going to the olympics besides you cannot compare messi of then to kelechi of now. messi of 2008 though young was already a key player in barcelona who had clout to ask to be allowed to go to the olympics. iheanacho on the other is a talented young man still trying to establish himself in the manchester city first team. he's not yet an invaluable member of the manchester city squad who can wake up and tell his employers i want to go to olympics and they will agree just like that.

the truth is relative to the person saying it. What you said are all your sides of the story, so I have to agree to disagree, but...

I said that Pep said he would NEVER stop ANY player from going to an olympics, not an established player alone but any player, no matter how you look at it, it is pure racism! Iheanacho had the best goals to game ratio last season, that alone should have established his position as no 2 top 9 atleast. So this one alone cannot be covered.

I said yaya was better in 2008/09, yet he kicked him out. Yaya is the type of player that scores goals from a Dmf position, how many goals does Busquets have? That's because he never got the chance to be an understudy to Yaya. Past Barca Dmfs used to score goals, Edgar davids comes to mind and Van Bronckhost at times too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:38pm On Sep 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

So much.

Guardiola, think Philosophy and you get who he is.

I will like to tackle Yaya Toure. I do not get the misconception of a genuine view as racist.

Guardiola does not believe much in power. The only time I saw him consider power was in the second leg against Chelsea in the 2009 Champions League. He played Seydou Keita and Yaya Toure in that game.

If you think in respect to passing. Sergio Busquets is better than Yaya Toure there. Fernandinho is better than Yaya in passing. Fernando is better passing.

Yaya plays with speed, power, shoots fantastically, crosses, plays long balls better than this.

That is not what is key to Guardiola. He wants simple passing. Yaya Toure lacks there, so I do not see him as a racist there. Why was he not racial to Boateng, Eric Abidal and Alaba?

simple, they aren't africans or they wants us to believe they aren't. He really tried to bench Boateng, he started playing 3 defenders so he wil be exposed more but he is an absolute beast.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:42pm On Sep 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Was Bojan ever up there? As a kid, he was exciting. At the U17, brilliant. When he broke into the first team, he was not lighting fireworks in Barcelona. Gio Dos Santos and Gai Assulin showed far more promise than Bojan.

When Guardiola came in, Messi, Pedro and Eto'o ran the show. Bojan was never going to blow there. Dos Santos left. Gai Assulin broke his leg and his career washed. (heart breaking).

Then Ibrahimovic came and then Villa. It was bigger than Barca fielding him than poor man management.

exactly. He used to force him to play as a CF which isn't his natural position so he failed there obviously, thats a huge fail on Guardiola's part. Bojan could have done what Fabregas was purchased to do, even better in fact but Pep kicked him out because he just does not like him. That's 40million wasted
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:44pm On Sep 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

How can you say did nothing special? When Van Gaal and Heynckes felt Alaba was better as a left back. He played there all through their eras. Then Guardiola disagrees and makes him play influencing the midfield. Then he became one of the best players in the world. If that is not special, what is?

so in your opinion, Alaba the midfielder is better than Alaba the fullback?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:46pm On Sep 07, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I meant as at 2008/09, Busquets wasn't a great player, he improved massively in 2010/11 so Pep was wrong to kick Yaya out when he did

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (16248) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbengaolu360, Joezinho and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.