Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,685 members, 7,813,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11626193 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6341) (6342) (6343) (6344) (6345) (6346) (6347) ... (16134) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 9:10am On Jun 27, 2019
andrew444:

Boga is a central midfielder and I am sure you guys will pick him ahead of etebo before coach go decide who to pick

Meite of Torino played 35 Seria A games (midfielder)

Jeremy boga played 25 Seria A games (midfielder)

Christian kouame of genoa played 34 Seria a games (winger)

Hamed Traore played 32 Seria a games for empoli (midfielder)

Sol bamba played 24 Epl games for Cardiff city (defender)

(Defender)Willy bolly played 36 Epl games for wolves (I am not sure he wanted to play for Ivory coach unless he should be in the team )

Koffi djidji played 17 Seria a games for Torino (defender ) I don't see him as a regular sha

Seko fofana played 31 games for udinese this season (midfielder)

Gervinho ,Lol ,this one na old player but I think he is the highest scoring African in Seria A with 11 goals ,I don't need to tell you his position because you should know him better than me

If gernot is in the position of this players then I don't think he will be taking a player from hapoel beer sheva or a player from bursaspor ,lol,even dropping semi ajayi pain me self ,and he plays in division 2 ,what about the guy from stoke ? Yes etebo has done so well in the past 2 games ,but I can bet my money if super eagles possess this players we go swear for the coach if him carry etebo ,almost all this players I called played in Seria A ,hope you can see the impact of a better league on omeruo and aina ? even rohr prefers kalu ahead of prolific onyekuru just because of better league

You can put my screen shot nah ,wetin you dey wait for ,You dey fear ni or wetin ?

People go think say I wish super eagles bad the way you dey talk or I say the team no go do well for afcon ,because I say we no get depth na him make you carry the matter for head like gala ? lol

Please name the super eagles player who played in Europe top 5 leagues that was left out of the squad , lol

No start wetin you no fit finish bro

I have been enjoying the afcon so far

Please also tell me where I said others team will beat the eagles because that's what you are trying to bring up

Me saying Ivory Coast and Senegal have players in Better club than us doesn't meant they will win us ,this is the Nations cup for crying out loud ,I am not saying anything to please you or anyone

see this guy wan put word for my mouth. Please show me where i have mentioned anything about who will win if we meet? I am talking ONLY about strength in depth.i.e who has a wider pool of quality players to select from.

Shey you sabi say for Ivory Coast squad them get player from France Divison 3? (Mamadou Bagayoko)

dey there na...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:10am On Jun 27, 2019
Humility017:

defensively he did well but offensively he wasn't impressive...
I could barely watch him take on the guinea defenders one on one....

he missed a couple of such opportunities.

Maybe you watched your TV upsidedown. Go and watch again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:16am On Jun 27, 2019
wayodude:

see this guy wan put word for my mouth. Please show me where i have mentioned anything about who will win if we meet? I am talking ONLY about strength in depth.i.e who has a wider pool of quality players to select from.

Shey you sabi say for Ivory Coast squad them get player from France Divison 3? (Mamadou Bagayoko)

dey there na...

lol

As super eagles win match you bring up my matter Na wetin make me ask you

lol that bakayoko na him be their own semi ajayi be that ,only God know how him make the team

They have a wilder pool of players to select from than us ,you can see the guys I mentioned ,that doesn't mean that they can beat us if we meet ,they managed only a 1-0 victory against South Africa ,even Morocco could only win Namibia 1-0 and it was an 89th minute own goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:35am On Jun 27, 2019
wayodude:

Imoh, Ideye and Agbo were all brought in to La Liga to help rescue their respective clubs and so they the contracting teams must have held them in high regard. No?

You wan argue now you con dey use their current situation take assess when I was clearly taking about before the 2018 world cup. The fact remains we left out 3 la Liga regulars from our squad which is an indication of depth of talent at our disposal.

Who will Jeremy Boga replace in our squad?

abeg mention the Ivorian players letf out of their squad and how many minutes they actually spent on the pitch this season?

Time go come wen I go still snapshot all this your yans for you. Just wait grin

Add Isaac Success. He played for Malaga.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 9:37am On Jun 27, 2019
Mk una beg papi rohr to start onyekuru, osimhen and chukwueze in d next game na.. dis guys wont looz doz kinda goals ighalo and musa squandered yesterday walahi

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:46am On Jun 27, 2019
andrew444:

We no get dept

Take it or leave it

And by then did we have players in laliga ?

As super eagles dey so,we can't have players in Seria A and afford to leave 3 of them out for the afcon like the Ivorians

Imoh Ezekiel and co playing in laliga and not doing well is that a depth you can boast of ?

A depth of players from hapoel beer Sheva and co ? Lol

I tought I even said Eagles will flop at the afcon that's why I denied what you said ,the arguement didn't even connect in anyway to our game

No start arguement wey you no fit finish o

If you have a player like Jeremy boga in eagles I doubt you will not take him to afcon,I won't even mention more to avoid some things ,should I even list Ivory Coast players that fail to make their list ? You are here talking about brown ideye that has been flexing in dubai for almost a year without playing football abi na imoh Ezekiel that's is scared to score a goal ,ordinary iheanacho wey dem no carry people dey make am be like say him score 20 goals a season

Make I just end here first before it will go out of hands .

The point is we dropped 4 or 5 (if I count Kayode) la Liga players.

These were no small players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:48am On Jun 27, 2019
forgiveness:

The point is we dropped 4 or 5 (if I count Kayode) la Liga players.

These were no small players.

But none of those players did well in laliga
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:52am On Jun 27, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

Finally, the one I looked forward to seeing the most.... *teary eyed*

Papa! Daddy mi! Still the no.1 Arch Guardian of the halls of Experience in this mighty house... I greet you Dad... smiley

I am lost for much words... It's good to be home. **Sobs on his shoulder**

Hey son!
You got us worried!

Hope our messages were well delivered by those we sent to you?

The analysis of this team during a competition like the AFCON is not complete without your input.

Good job on your Nigeria vs Guinea analysis. And hope we will have you around for the rest of the AFCON.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by optimist25(m): 9:53am On Jun 27, 2019
We are all here now as players are goin on strike to receive bonuses, and all of us ordinary citizens are joining them in the fight to get paid.

The Super Eagles are on $10k per win. Their two wins so far means they are already $20K to the good and counting.

The Super Falcons are in line to share a $300 000 pot by the time FIFA pays the participation fee in September. This is in addition to the $4k each they received from their lone win against Korea.

Not to mention the $10K bonuses they received during the AWCON.

I say all this because tomorrow something will happen and we will hear folks saying “after all the sacrifice we made for this country, now we have been abandoned.”

Sacrifice shege! We know those who sacrificed, and those days are so far back in our rear view we can’t even see them anymore.

These ones are doing a job and getting paid for it. Very handsomely, too. Their flight tickets get paid to come and play. They stay in luxury hotels funded by the taxpayer. Are driven around with security paid for by the tax payer. Get three square meals a day fit for royalty also on the taxpayer’s bill.

So please tell me again, which sacrifice?

How many ordinary folks are earning over N3.6m tax free? By the time the Super Eagles finish the Nations Cup, if they win it, imagine how much they would have made.

If they win the trophy, they will now receive additional gifts of money from government and different directions.

I am not saying they don’t deserve it. After all, basic economics teaches us that talent pays higher than even education. That is why musicians and sports stars earn more than regular Joe.

But we must stop this “sacrifice” narrative. It is just NOT TRUE!

There is no sacrifice here. Period

Collin udoh

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:10am On Jun 27, 2019
krattoss:
Nigeria footballers get paid for their services, they sacrifice nothing.

By Colin Udoh

We are all here now as players are going on strike to receive bonuses, and all of us ordinary citizens are joining them in the fight to get paid.

The Super Eagles are on $10k per win. Their two wins so far means they are already $20K to the good and counting.

The Super Falcons are in line to share a $300 000 pot by the time FIFA pays the participation fee in September. This is in addition to the $4k each they received from their lone win against Korea.

I say all this because tomorrow something will happen and we will hear folks saying “after all the sacrifice we made for this country, now we have been abandoned.”

Sacrifice shege! We know those who sacrificed, and those days are so far back in our rear view we can’t even see them anymore.

These ones are doing a job and getting paid for it. Very handsomely, too. Their flight tickets get paid to come and play. They stay in luxury hotels funded by the taxpayer. Are driven around with security paid for by the tax payer. Get three square meals a day fit for royalty also on the taxpayer’s bill.

How many ordinary folks are earning over N3.6m tax free? By the time the Super Eagles finish the Nations Cup, if they win it, imagine how much they would have made.

If they win the trophy, they will now receive additional gifts of money from government and different directions.

I am not saying they don’t deserve it. After all, basic economics teaches us that talent pays higher than even education. That is why musicians and sports stars earn more than regular Joe.

DISCUSS

Tomorrow I no wan hear I served this country sacrificially but they have abandoned me. shocked shocked

3.6m per win with other better allowances. shocked

But I dey hear I sacrificed myself for this country. Shuuuuu! shocked grin

Wetin make those soldiers in Sambisa wey never receive salary, dey sleep inside forest with vampire mosquitoes everywhere, with one eyes opened.......etc go come talk? cry grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:11am On Jun 27, 2019
andrew444:

Who told you? Did you watch their games?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by naturecures: 10:33am On Jun 27, 2019
minfelix:
Mk una beg papi rohr to start onyekuru, osimhen and chukwueze in d next game na.. dis guys wont looz doz kinda goals ighalo and musa squandered yesterday walahi

in a 4-3-3 formation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:48am On Jun 27, 2019
Anti-Spam bot finally released me.

I think the Nigerian press are not professional enough. RANGERS? EXCUSE ME! Ranges is known to be a Scottish club, but Enugu Rangers is what makes it Nigerian. No mention of Nigeria in that writeup unlike the rest from other climes.

Clementoke:

Me Sha won't blame them o.
Their primary audience is English and they have to write their articles so that it will relate to their primary target population. I'm sure Nigeria media will do the same.

For example
Completesportsnigeria said this about Nana Bonsu

"Rangers goalkeeper Nana Bonsu has been handed a chance to fight for a place in Black Stars of Ghana squad to the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt......."

A Ghanaian news outlet reported a news about the same player like this

Ghanaian keeper Nana Bonsu dazzles as Enugu rangers win first Nigerian cup

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:49am On Jun 27, 2019
Blame Ighalo less, the striker's instinct must have kicked in. Remember Musa is more of a chance creator than a goal completer.

Mujtahida:
Musa was always thinking of Ighalo but Ighalo thinks only of himself. It was quite clear that that angle was quite tight for him to score and moreover the gk had covered well. A square pass to Musa would have been it but Ighalo dey suffer from lack of positive vibes from Nigerians, so instead of passing the ball and let another score, he'd rather want to score himself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:50am On Jun 27, 2019
M7even:

Welcome back bro, next time u wanna take a leave let us know, we were concerned. Don't just go AWOL

Awwwwwwwwn ..... So sorry M7... Thanks for the concern my good man.

**Hugs**

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:51am On Jun 27, 2019
Ndidi won't really do well as the team captain, doesn't look influencing at all. Omerue should, or Troosk.
TheSuperNerd:

Omeruo: Hian Boss! No be you once talk say Ndidi go be future Super Eagles Captain. Now you dey change mouth because I shine today... Bia just hapu'm ooo... I had a hard day of work today... Hapu'm Kita ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:56am On Jun 27, 2019
charlesemeka85:
New Players likely to join the super eagles after Afcon.

Felix uduokhai-Wolfsburg cb
Fikayo tomori- derby cb
Joe aribo--Charlton cm
Ebere eze- Qpr am

I would add there is a possibility of

Ademola Lookman
Tega Onomah

The one I rate the most particularly as a CB is Fikayo Tomori.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:57am On Jun 27, 2019
Mujtahida:
Musa was always thinking of Ighalo but Ighalo thinks only of himself. It was quite clear that that angle was quite tight for him to score and moreover the gk had covered well. A square pass to Musa would have been it but Ighalo dey suffer from lack of positive vibes from Nigerians, so instead of passing the ball and let another score, he'd rather want to score himself.

He got plenty of positive vibes from his last goal. If we had lost or drawn, people would have come back to his failure to square the ball .

He can't do that in a knockout match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 11:08am On Jun 27, 2019
daveP:

grin
Nawa o.

Where you dey since?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:10am On Jun 27, 2019
chrisooblog:
hmmm intriguing experience you had there.

two things i gather from your write up is that people within the system and not necessarily FG where behaving criminally and that like your brave colleague one should not hesitate to blow the whistle when something wrong is happening because the higher ups in govt might be unaware of the situation.

your story has some parallels with what happened yesterday why was it when the players protested that suddenly the story that FG released money surfaced?

Yea dts just d sad reality of our society

Once its govt money been released to someone to execute a project,we become a potential thief and c it as free money to be embezzled. with d little experience I had with d FG contract stuff,..me no go blame our players if truly dey protested for just a day(strike d iron when its hot),cos @ d end of d day,d money will be siphoned by some nonentity who never worked for it., so who loose grin?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:12am On Jun 27, 2019
andrew444:

Exactly. Some were bench warmers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:13am On Jun 27, 2019
tbaba1234:

He got plenty of positive vibes from his last goal. If we had lost or drawn, people would have come back to his failure to square the ball .

He can't do that in a knockout match.

If he had passed, Nigerians and statistics would have credited him with the assists so I wonder what he was thinking

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:14am On Jun 27, 2019
charlesemeka85:
New Players likely to join the super eagles after Afcon.

Felix uduokhai-Wolfsburg cb
Fikayo tomori- derby cb
Joe aribo--Charlton cm
Ebere eze- Qpr am

This means some over LD legs may have to make way but it should be gradual. Mikel et al

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:17am On Jun 27, 2019
Curtisaxel7:
Since nobody is talking about this, let me say it.

OUR CREATIVE MIDFIELD IS POO. Etebo's passes are average at best, same with Ndidi. Iwobi's inconsistency is of shocking proportions for a player of his level and exposure. One average pass succeeded by three hopeless passes and two awful dribble attempts. The only truly creative player worth his salt in the midfield, Mikel Obi is retiring after this AFCON, after that, what happens? Will we be stuck with this boring nonsense display that Gernot Rohr calls football?.

It is time to declear a state of emergency over our midfield. Intensive scouting AT ALL LEVELS must be embarked upon at this stage. If we can't find FB's to convince, i say let us comb every goddamn team in the NPFL and NNL for creative midfielders!. Someone is being paid huge amounts of taxpayer's money as "SE scout", and I am tempted to ask what the hell they actually do if at the end of the day we still can't look for talent beyond the and established professionals.

Rohr must do better biko.

I agree with you don't his.

Truth is, this should have been done after the WC failure.

We qualified for AFCON because other teams were quite bad to be honest. To face up to bigger boys, we qoujld need to sort our MF and GK position

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:18am On Jun 27, 2019
daveP:
Solid how?

Guy was exposed all thru the match on his wing. Simon Moses made more defensive tackles on that wing that Awaziem himself. Where was he? He is good far from his 2 position. He should thank Simon for the cover up, else. A more technical team would exploit him and we would begin to reference this Guinea match asif we've seen it before.

Ighalo starts and resumes his selfish play. That was very evil. He wants Golden boot so bad? Then he should play with him team mates more. VicMo comes to mind. Etebo and Ndidi were beasts yesterday.

These guys should be praised despite the sit in they did on Tuesday. NFF sed ehn.

Etebo had just energy which he dissipated carelessly.

I would rate him 4.5/10 tbh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:20am On Jun 27, 2019
Oasis007:

The highest successful take-ons in the whole 90min+ was 3 and he had 2. Also had an Assist to his Names. Forced many Corners which one eventually resulted to the Goal that gave us 3pts.

It was a tactical Match, Guinea didn't come to respect us and get humbled, rather to play. Calmly rewatch the Match with open Mind, and trust me, you gonna see what you missed due to your Obsession with Chuks.

Moses Simon didn't do too badly .

His offensive problems came from having to cover up the defense on many occasions

The fact that he had an assist is worthy of commendation too. Would rate him 6/10
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by naturecures: 11:21am On Jun 27, 2019
My formation for Madagascar:

Aina ---- Ekong--- Balogun----Collins

Ogu ------------- Ndidi

Chukwueze

Kalu. Osimehen Onyekeru
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Prectega(m): 11:24am On Jun 27, 2019
Musa and ighalo better go and watch uganda strikers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:34am On Jun 27, 2019
krattoss:
Nigeria footballers get paid for their services, they sacrifice nothing.

By Colin Udoh

We are all here now as players are going on strike to receive bonuses, and all of us ordinary citizens are joining them in the fight to get paid.

DISCUSS

I wanted to point this out yesterday (or did I do so self)

Truth is, most of this guys earn more per week than the bonuses they were fighting for. Don't get me wrong....a workman deserves his wages but they should have shelved such protests until qualification was already in the bag. Ingredients of success includes undiluted Focus. Had we drawn yesterday, many of you here would have referenced the pay imbroglio as been the cause.

The truth is we can't keep on having players protests wages just days before crucial ties. History has shown that this doesn't bode well for the team's performance.

To reference Colin Udoh, these guys are already treated like kings on a daily basis, so I see no reason why protests cant be postponed till further notice.

1. IMO, they wouldn't have beaten Senegal if we had played them yesterday. They may have even lost.

2. These guys should focus on the cup and nothing more. All money matters should be postponed till after AFCON. If they win the cup and then protest by ceasing it and refuse to get on the plane because of pay, then I would be solidly behind them. At least they have achieved the primary reason they went to Egypt. We didn't just go there to make up numbers.

3. Mikel as a leader could have managed the situation better since he is well respected among the players.

4. The truth is that this team has received unprecedented support than any team in history.

5. There should be no stories of ex-players from this team suffering in abject poverty. The NFF could do well to organize seminars for them (not now, in future) on how to manage money and plan for retirement.

6. We need to sort our MF. Tougher opponents will capitalize. There is no creativity and its worrisome.

7. Ighalo should be sat down and sense talked into his thick skull. Football is a team sport. What matters is the trophy above all individual aspirations

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:34am On Jun 27, 2019
Odey close to a move to Genk.

Very good move for him.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 11:51am On Jun 27, 2019
I believe Iwobi will come good in the AM role.
The Super Eagles played a high level footy yesterday against a team that topped the Ivorians during the AFCON qualification.
The weather affected our play in the first (over 30degrees).
However, in the second half we played some really good footy as the weather was less sunny.
I have a question:
Why did we play ahead of group A?
Is it because the organisers did not want the Egyptians to play in such a dehydrating weather or what?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 11:52am On Jun 27, 2019
tbaba1234:
Odey close to a move to Genk.
Very good move for him.
Are they in the Champions league?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6341) (6342) (6343) (6344) (6345) (6346) (6347) ... (16134) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: cromz(m), lovewins, Truidstarr, Oasis007(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.