Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,529 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11628427 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6432) (6433) (6434) (6435) (6436) (6437) (6438) ... (16135) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 5:22pm On Jul 03, 2019
Please what rationale did CAF use to qualify South Africa ahead of Kenya in the round of 16? Because Kenya had 3 goals scored than SA's 1 goal. Did they use goal difference or fair play rule?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2019
solonnachi:
Please what rationale did CAF use to qualify South Africa ahead of Kenya in the round of 16? Because Kenya had 3 goals scored than SA's 1 goal. Did they use goal difference or fair play rule?

Goal difference
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by naturecures: 5:30pm On Jul 03, 2019
Why are Nigerians in the diaspora saying the green jersey always bring bad luck to eagles, and we should stop wearing it.

any explanation for these??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 03, 2019
komekn:

Once again agreed.

Very few if any of the present Eagles would displace the 1996 - 2000 set.

For instance as good as Ndidi is he is not as good as Oliseh.

Who can stand with Taribo

Who can stand with Yekini, Ikpeba

Who can stand with Finidi.

Too mention a few, unfortunately our football has regressed but our enthusiasm and expectations have INCREASED. As a result we are going to be disappointed � for some time to come.

The right word is our football has evolved not regressed. Brazil used to have Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho in a Generation. They don't have that anymore they have evolved to cope with their limitations. That's what we need to do too.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:34pm On Jul 03, 2019
darkelf:

Okay, what brand of Akpu do you like? cheesy

I would not recommend the Ghanaian brand though smiley

It has been scientifically proven to reconstruct the facial morphology of the consumer grin

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 5:34pm On Jul 03, 2019
naturecures:
Why are Nigerians in the diaspora saying the green jersey always bring bad luck to eagles, and we should stop wearing it.

I could vividly remember the 90's whenever we put on the all white jersey, we either loose/draw the match. Lol!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:35pm On Jul 03, 2019
komekn:

Once again agreed.

Very few if any of the present Eagles would displace the 1996 - 2000 set.

For instance as good as Ndidi is he is not as good as Oliseh.

Who can stand with Taribo

Who can stand with Yekini, Ikpeba

Who can stand with Finidi.

Too mention a few, unfortunately our football has regressed but our enthusiasm and expectations have INCREASED. As a result we are going to be disappointed � for some time to come.

Only Ndidi would make the bench. The rest won't make the team

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 5:35pm On Jul 03, 2019
elyte89:

One mumu too in my area was arguing with me sweating profusely dt US female national team will defeat us too,I just dey laff d guy grin grin grin,aw possible is dt
Except if dey re rules binding us not make tackles or contest d ball with dem..since dey re females, den dey can win grin

LWKMD. People can argue nonsense ehn.

Your last paragraph I think,.is the reason they don't play adult men vs adult women. The women will be absolutely battered physically. So they play against little boys.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2019
naturecures:

Firstly, our flag is one of the ugliest. Our president is one of the ddumbest with his disrespectful RUGA settlements. Our economy is one of the crappiest, with highest cases of poverty in the whole world and you think some magic will happen and eagles will start beating everybody 10 zero....lol

I hope not but Nigeria look like a cursed nation. How can Buhari be a President in Nigeria....The country is headed for the rocks that's why Buhari quickly suspended the RUGA program.....The north is holding us down ,while Tinubu and his southwest ffools are busy contemplating on which tribe the next President will come from.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2019
sheyishemba:

akpeyi

Who else?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 5:43pm On Jul 03, 2019
darkelf:

Only Ndidi would make the bench. The rest won't make the team

Agreed ,but you also have to take in account that some of our current players are still young. Osimhen, Onyekuru, Aina, Chukwueze and Iwobi are still very young.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Agreed ,but you also have to take in account that some of our current players are still young. Osimhen, Onyekuru, Aina, Chukwueze and Iwobi are still very young.

That's true
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:48pm On Jul 03, 2019
Truidstar:

Your second formation us the most likely with 95% accuracy. Ighalo to start. Rohrs stubbornness will be his undoing. Would have preferred chukwueze instead of Musa, the Cameroonians dey commit foul no be small.

That means Simon move to the LW while Chukwueze plays in the RW. Not bad but I prefer he and Onyekuru comes in as impact subs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:49pm On Jul 03, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

You are in the Zone, Egbon Forgiveness.

wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 5:49pm On Jul 03, 2019
My SuperEagles, dream team, under 20 and under 17 gave the world of soccer captivating moments and memories!
#ILoveNaija.
Whatever happens I will continuously support our National team in bad, ugly and good times cos I am a true fan!
#AnOptimist.
How can I forget the Miracle of Dammam, Miracle of Atlanta against Brazil and many more wonderful moments of snatching victory from the grasp of defeat!
Where is tbaba123? It is being a while he commented.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:50pm On Jul 03, 2019
Icon4s:

Who here has never seen him play?

Did you see him play in the Belgium league?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 5:50pm On Jul 03, 2019
Chai

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Firstly, our flag is one of the ugliest. Our president is one of the ddumbest with his disrespectful RUGA settlements. Our economy is one of the crappiest, with highest cases of poverty in the whole world and you think some magic will happen and eagles will start beating everybody 10 zero....lol

I hope not but Nigeria look like a cursed nation. How can Buhari be a President in Nigeria....The country is headed for the rocks that's why Buhari quickly suspended the RUGA program.....The north is holding us down ,while Tinubu and his southwest ffools are busy contemplating on which tribe the next President will come from.
I have one question to ask you.
Who determines a man's tribe?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 03, 2019
forgiveness:

That means Simon move to the LW while Chukwueze plays in the RW. Not bad but I prefer he and Onyekuru comes in as impact subs.

They will be very good impact subs as the Cameroonians full backs will be tired. Looks all good on paper but we know Rohr Na.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2019
OMANBALA1:

What does your epistle have to do with our match on Saturday?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:04pm On Jul 03, 2019
Icon4s:

Omeruo was much involved in the friendlies during the build up to the AFCON. Plus he played all group games and had already built a synergy with Obaobona. Why should you toil with your CB pairing for a game of such magnitude?

Ighalo even despite his inconsistency in form looks more likely to deliver than an unproven Osimhen.

Yes, I would rather have a Rookie in the attack than to have him in the defense. But for a game of this magnitude no experiments please.

What is the need of taken them to the AFCON if they can not be used?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:06pm On Jul 03, 2019
Truidstar:

They will be very good impact subs as the Cameroonians full backs will be tired. Looks all good on paper but we know Rohr Na.

Exactly! Well, he knows his job is at stake?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 6:06pm On Jul 03, 2019
OMANBALA1:

what do you mean our flag is one of the the ugliest undecided when our Jersey was the no1 in the world during the world cup, check urself...

2 our president is one of the dumbest? Really, if the head is dumb then the whole body is dumb as well...

3 our Economy is actually the Biggest in Africa( argue with yourself) ND if proven not to be the biggest then it's definitely not far from the biggest...the whole of Africa and Asia would share in the poverty capital of the world, not only Nigeria, infact 9ja is one of the well to do Nations in Africa...try c.a.r, Congo, yemen, haiti, Liberia, South Sudan, Mozambique etc...and nobody beats anybody 10-0 anymore...everybody don wise up, Iceland eliminated England at the Euros...Peru just eliminated Uruguay at the copa etc..

Nigeria looks like a cursed nation you say? Maybe I'm missing something, tell me one year we have not always looked like a cursed nation, if Pmb hadn't won, Atiku would have, imo, same ol same ol...

Tinubu and his southwest fools Definitely you are an ipob terrorist and politics is Alien to you...

Support and wish well for the nation or kindly travel out abeg, no come here dey preach falsehood...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 03, 2019
forgiveness:

Exactly! Well, he knows his job is at stake?

Pray he knows that. He just needs to be bold and do something seedorf is not expecting. Start with an Osimhen. All he needs is half a chance and he will score.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2019
OMANBALA1:

U are in the wrong thread and section. Take this to the politics section. U are on the verge of derailing this thread. Tnx for ur understanding

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 03, 2019
When some folks say Osimhen is unproven, I am really at a loss for words. This is the same Osimhen fresh from an U17 World Cup, whose introduction in an U23 nations cup semifinal against the hosts Senegal changed the game and we won. Every team needs a player with that X Factor. The Zambians in 94 prepared for Yekini. Westerhof started Amunike who won that game for us.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 6:21pm On Jul 03, 2019
ChrisKels:

U are in the wrong thread and section. Take this to the politics section. U are on the verge of derailing this thread. Tnx for ur understanding

I write what I want to write..Nobody whether online or in person can't do sshit!

Super Eagles woes is tied to the incompetence of the people at the top.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2019
Ighalo's stats:

1 shot (0 on target), 7 fouls, dispossessed 4 times and 6 bad first touches vs Madagascar.
1 shot (0 on target), 1 foul, dispossessed 0 times and 5 bad first touches vs Guinea

Source:whoscored.com

Madness: Doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results

Cc Niyi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 6:23pm On Jul 03, 2019
Truidstar:

Pray he knows that. He just needs to be bold and do something seedorf is not expecting. Start with an Osimhen. All he needs is half a chance and he will score.

I've been literally screaming this since. I watched Osimhen in the U-17 World Cup and Belgium Pro League last season, and I can confidently say that he is the most talented and endowed number 9 we have at the moment. He has Ighalo's strength and Onuachu's height to an extent, he is faster than both of them and more slippery. He can take on two to three defenders at a time and is too versatile to be caged the way Ighalo is. The guy had 20 goals in an average Chaleroi side and was their player of the season. Plus, Seedorf won't expect it and the last minute inclusion may shatter Cameroon's game plan. I just hope Rohr has the balls to try this out.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2019
ChrisKels:
Ighalo's stats:

1 shot (0 on target), 7 fouls, dispossessed 4 times and 6 bad first touches vs Madagascar.
1 shot (0 on target), 1 foul, dispossessed 0 times and 5 bad first touches vs Guinea

Source:whoscored.com

Madness: Doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results

Cc Niyi
Every time he falls down in the opponent box, I feel disgusted ..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:25pm On Jul 03, 2019
I made it clear winning is a possibility but my prediction is a loss via penalty. I’m not afraid of the outcome. It’s not like u guys can flog me here if we won.

I dey come for all the mentions. Just had to check here quickly.

Dannyxy:
oga stay one place, you say we are loosing... Stick your status quo...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:29pm On Jul 03, 2019
The truth is I want us to play promising football. You guys are expecting me to hang my hopes on nothing substantial.
I’ve predicted a loss based on what I’ve seen on the field so far.
My hopes only came up when Rohr promised attacking football. I refuse to be deceived by Rohr. We’ve been on this path before. Expect no surprises.

TheSuperNerd:

Names of those who don't see us winning the Cameroun game + Those who don't want us to win sef...

1. Darkelf

2. Joebie

3. Omanbala1

4. Gustav25

5. Afobear

6. ..........

7. ..........

(1) (2) (3) ... (6432) (6433) (6434) (6435) (6436) (6437) (6438) ... (16135) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m), tsquare299(m), TheGoodJoe(m), M7even(m), chuks404, ekehopp2, zicky(m), jieta, opes, Badbunny, foxman04 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.