Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11633149 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6433) (6434) (6435) (6436) (6437) (6438) (6439) ... (16138) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:29pm On Jul 03, 2019
ChrisKels:
Ighalo's stats:

1 shot (0 on target), 7 fouls, dispossessed 4
times and 6 bad first touches vs Madagascar.

1 shot (0 on target), 1 foul, dispossessed 0 times
and 5 bad first touches vs Guinea

Source:whoscored.com

Madness: Doing the same thing over and over
again while expecting different results

Cc Niyi

Dude is already saying his eyes are on fire.

he just wanna make rohr loose his job and nothing else.....

so pathetic that this guy wanna end his career...we Loose against Egypt or Cameroon...Rohr will likely be sacked and that will likely be the end of the call ups he will get...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:33pm On Jul 03, 2019
forgiveness:

What is the need of taken them to the AFCON if they can not be used?

Osimhen can be used as a sub if/when the need arises.

Besides, it is not compulsory u feature all the players u take to a tournament.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:34pm On Jul 03, 2019
most times Ighalo need like 5 clear cut chances to score one goal for the super eagles....

where will you get that from in a tournament like afcon.

I think if ROHR really knows what is good for him...he should play oshimen instead.
kalu should be benched too....

let musa and chuks start from the flanks...
iwobi play 10 ndidi and etebo to support him as the CM and DM respectively and leave Leon and Omeruo as the CB pairing...I Collins is fit..he should start on the LB and Aina to the RB.

a 4-2-1-3 will do...

there is nothing basically wrong with the various formations that have been deployed just that the players have been wrongly used by Rohr

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 03, 2019
OMANBALA1:

I write what I want to write..Nobody whether online or in person can't do sshit!

Super Eagles woes is tied to the incompetence of the people at the top.

Clap for your self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 6:37pm On Jul 03, 2019
Starboytwo:
what do you mean our flag is one of the the ugliest undecided when our Jersey was the no1 in the world during the world cup, check urself...

2 our president is one of the dumbest? Really, if the head is dumb then the whole body is dumb as well...

3 our Economy is actually the Biggest in Africa( argue with yourself) ND if proven not to be the biggest then it's definitely not far from the biggest...the whole of Africa and Asia would share in the poverty capital of the world, not only Nigeria, infact 9ja is one of the well to do Nations in Africa...try c.a.r, Congo, yemen, haiti, Liberia, South Sudan, Mozambique etc...and nobody beats anybody 10-0 anymore...everybody don wise up, Iceland eliminated England at the Euros...Peru just eliminated Uruguay at the copa etc..

Nigeria looks like a cursed nation you say? Maybe I'm missing something, tell me one year we have not always looked like a cursed nation, if Pmb hadn't won, Atiku would have, imo, same ol same ol...

Tinubu and his southwest fools Definitely you are an ipob terrorist and politics is Alien to you...

Support and wish well for the nation or kindly travel out abeg, no come here dey preach falsehood...

Yes, your President is ddumb and so are the people that voted for him. I didnt vote because I am not in the country but if I were I would have voted Atiku because of Peter Obi who is from my state. I said Obi because I know how he turned Anambra around. And, I know he will not sit and let Atiku rape the country....Peter Obi forced Obasanjo to sleep in the governors lodge and refused to pay for a hotel...He is fearless, prudent and wealthy. He was made before politics. This is not tribal because I dont do tribal politics...Its for iidiots....also, calling me IPOB shows how dimwitted you are.

Yes, Tinubu is a ffoollish old ffag that will sell his people on a plate of ewedu! All of a sudden he stop talking about restructuring....what happened?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:37pm On Jul 03, 2019
Icon4s:

Osimhen can be used as a sub if/when the need arises.

Besides, it is not compulsory u feature all the players u take to a tournament.
Oga to be honest...even nacho is more clinical as at present than Ighalo...

he is not a clinical forward...
oshimen have proven to be a good finisher and a clinical forward in a modest club in Belgium.

sometimes the least expected players steal the show.... if oshimen was a Cameroonian he will be starting their matches.

let's play him...he is a better finisher and goal scorer than ighalo.

I remember when ighalo was in his age at the under 20 world cup then... he was a far less better player..

if oshimen being a teenager can be this deadly let's play him....

it is risky not to take a risky

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:38pm On Jul 03, 2019
Truidstar:

Pray he knows that. He just needs to be bold and do something seedorf is not expecting. Start with an Osimhen. All he needs is half a chance and he will score.

The bolded is the reason I want Osimhen to start.

Cameroon already knows what Ighalo can do to harm them again. Their eyes are on him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by naturecures: 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2019
Humility017:
most times Ighalo need like 5 clear cut chances to score one goal for the super eagles....

where will you get that from in a tournament like afcon.

I think if ROHR really knows what is good for him...he should play oshimen instead.
kalu should be benched too....

let musa and chuks start from the flanks...
iwobi play 10 ndidi and etebo to support him as the CM and DM respectively and leave Leon and Omeruo as the CB pairing...I Collins is fit..he should start on the LB and Aina to the RB.

a 4-2-1-3 will do...

there is nothing basically wrong with the various formations that have been deployed just that the players have been wrongly used by Rohr

I heard EVERYBODY will play with red eyes.. Osimehen doesn't need red eyes. just give him all those half chances.. it's a Gooooal. lol

And for Rohr Please give Balogun personal training on how to score own goals. defensive coach. Ogu prolly played to instruction.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:40pm On Jul 03, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Yes, your President is ddumb and so are the people that voted for him. I didnt vote because I am not in the country but if I were I would have voted Atiku because of Peter Obi who is from my state. I said Obi because I know how he turned Anambra around. And, I know he will not sit and let Atiku rape the country....Peter Obi forced Obasanjo to sleep in the governors lodge and refused to pay for a hotel...He is fearless, prudent and wealthy. He was made before politics. This is not tribal because I dont do tribal politics...Its for iidiots....also, calling me IPOB shows how dimwitted you are.

Yes, Tinubu is a ffoollish old ffag that will sell his people on a plate of ewedu! All of a sudden he stop talking about restructuring....what happened?

everyone knows that the president is dumb...

a man instead of steering some positive technological innovations and financing some reasonable projects he wanna spend billions of dollars on RUGA....

so pathetic... he thinks nothing beside cows...
any intelligent graduate will do Better than buhari as a president presently

I am ashame too..
but let's leave politics and Nigeria problems out of this thread.....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:40pm On Jul 03, 2019
naturecures:
Why are Nigerians in the diaspora saying the green jersey always bring bad luck to eagles, and we should stop wearing it.

any explanation for these??

Which of the green jerseys because both our home and away kits are green grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by naturecures: 6:42pm On Jul 03, 2019
Icon4s:

Which of the green jerseys because both our home and away kits are green grin

Away kits
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2019
naturecures:

I heard EVERYBODY will play with red eyes.. Osimehen doesn't need red eyes. just give him all those half chances.. it's a Gooooal. lol

And for Rohr Please give Balogun personal training on how to score own goals. defensive coach. Ogu prolly played to instruction.
Ighalo is killing our football...the earlier we know this the better for us.

Dude is also selfish...very selfish.

balogun have no problem...I won't blame him much for that errors....ogu does not sense of his own too...
for a player that have played football that long not to be able to read games shows the problem we have in that team...

balogun and other defenders...should be made to know that we expect them to score from set pieces...

they barely know how to put their heights to use...so pathetic.
sometimes I try find the German traits in him.... Germans make use of corner kicks like penalties... but this one and his uncle coach are something else

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2019
naturecures:

dark green

Well we are the home team in the Cameroon fixture so we are wearing the home colour which is the light green on white.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2019
U watch Brazil vs Argentina yesterday? grin
Don’t use those countries as analogy when you are talking about our current SE.

We don evolve? What have we become now?

Truidstar:

The right word is our football has evolved not regressed. Brazil used to have Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho in a Generation. They don't have that anymore they have evolved to cope with their limitations. That's what we need to do too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:45pm On Jul 03, 2019
Our problem is not Ighalo
Humility017:

Ighalo is killing our football...the earlier we know this the better for us.

Dude is also selfish...very selfish.

balogun have no problem...I won't blame him much for that errors....ogu does not sense of his own too...
for a player that have played football that long not to be able to read games shows the problem we have in that team...

balogun and other defenders...should be made to know that we expect them to score from set pieces...

they barely know how to put their heights to use...so pathetic.
sometimes I try find the German traits in him.... Germans make use of corner kicks like penalties... but this one and his uncle coach are something else
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:48pm On Jul 03, 2019
Joebie:
Our problem is not Ighalo

that guy will keep finding it difficult to score goals..... you won't understand.
in a tourney like this...an unknown player often steal the show.
Sunday MBa did so at the last afcon.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2019
Cameroon na jam body football let’s not forget

Humility017:

that guy will keep finding it difficult to score goals..... you won't understand.
in a tourney like this...an unknown player often steal the show.
Sunday MBa did so at the last afcon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2019
Joebie:

and so.... we won them in 2004 by simply techniques and smartness.
in that match kanu played even passed the ball for utaka's goal, osaze played too and we took our chances so well.

you don't have to jam body to win them... I it requires jam body they would have been winning light skinned countries in the world cups... since 2002.

we need to utilize our chances.... so well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2019
Joebie:

Bros, Cameroon play very good football plus their extra jam body. The indomitable Lions are not just about jam body
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:56pm On Jul 03, 2019
Neither of them are good tacticians
Danielnino00:

In short,if we has lost that game, nobody will be saying Keshi was a better tactician than Rohr is ..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2019
Good
OMANBALA1:

Bros, Cameroon play very good football plus their extra jam body. The indomitable Lions are not just about jam body
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2019
OMANBALA1:

this is a Super Eagles thread....really I'm only interested in beating Cameroon come Saturday... I swear...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2019
Joebie:
Neither of them are good tacticians
Keshi is save for greed and questionable call ups and player selections...
keshi is better...he did it with the afcon 2013 squad and the CHAN team the year after...
I doubt if Rohr can ever achieve such

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2019
The problem is we can’t be who we are not. We have to play as a team to have the advantage. Unfortunately this is not the case.

Humility017:

and so.... we won them in 2004 by simply techniques and smartness.
in that match kanu played even passed the ball for utaka's goal, osaze played too and we took our chances so well.

you don't have to jam body to win them... I it requires jam body they would have been winning light skinned countries in the world cups... since 2002.

we need to utilize our chances.... so well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2019
Joebie:
The problem is we can’t be who we are not. We have to play as a team to have the advantage. Unfortunately this is not the case.

we can't play as a team with a selfish ighalo upfront.

give some reasonable and tactical sound coaches this Nigeria team and watch them do wonders....

Rohr should be sacked after this tourney
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 03, 2019
Joebie:
U watch Brazil vs Argentina yesterday? grin
Don’t use those countries as analogy when you are talking about our current SE.

We don evolve? What have we become now?

Oga, please get my point. Brazil apart Neymer does not have a player that comes close to Messi and Ronaldo. This was the same Brazil at a time that had Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho. Each of these players a game changer on his own. Argentina had the Gabriel Batistuta, Pablo Aimar and the like. They just have Messi who will soon be over the hill. Same with the Germans. These teams have evolved to play without game changers (except Argentina, still depends on Messi). Our so called limitations can be our greatest strength in the hands of a brilliant coach.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 7:07pm On Jul 03, 2019
whatever happen on Saturday awaziem should not play the right back if he can't displace one of the center backs he should seat on the bench and fasten the bench belt... his attitude against Madagascar make me cringe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Firstly, our flag is one of the ugliest. Our president is one of the ddumbest with his disrespectful RUGA settlements. Our economy is one of the crappiest, with highest cases of poverty in the whole world and you think some magic will happen and eagles will start beating everybody 10 zero....lol

I hope not but Nigeria look like a cursed nation. How can Buhari be a President in Nigeria....The country is headed for the rocks that's why Buhari quickly suspended the RUGA program.....The north is holding us down ,while Tinubu and his southwest ffools are busy contemplating on which tribe the next President will come from.

What do u intend doing about these?? Wail? undecided

Bro speak for urself..

I am living fine, happy and I like it here in Nigeria as well as millions others..

If u don't like it here .u can take the next flight to ur country of destination early Tomorrow morning..

Peace..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:20pm On Jul 03, 2019
Joebie:
The truth is I want us to play promising football. You guys are expecting me to hang my hopes on nothing substantial.
I’ve predicted a loss based on what I’ve seen on the field so far.
My hopes only came up when Rohr promised attacking football. I refuse to be deceived by Rohr. We’ve been on this path before. Expect no surprises.

You echo my sentiments Sir Joebie.

Rohr inspired no confidence in me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2019
Humility017:

Keshi is save for greed and questionable call ups and player selections...
keshi is better...he did it with the afcon 2013 squad and the CHAN team the year after...
I doubt if Rohr can ever achieve such

Rohr will go to CHAN and tell you his squad s the youngest, our league isn't good, expect no surprises, bla bla bla.

Yeye coach
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 03, 2019
OMANBALA1:

u re not even in Nigeria and u re spewing all these trash..

No matter where you go.. remember the road that lead u..

Agarachaa must come back wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 7:25pm On Jul 03, 2019
isan:
whatever happen on Saturday awaziem should not play the right back if he can't displace one of the center backs he should seat on the bench and fasten the bench belt... his attitude against Madagascar make me cringe
na wa o

(1) (2) (3) ... (6433) (6434) (6435) (6436) (6437) (6438) (6439) ... (16138) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Theben(m), shawwal1(m), slimthugchimee2(m), lbrichman2, caprikon and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.