Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,985 members, 7,845,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11834039 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6515) (6516) (6517) (6518) (6519) (6520) (6521) ... (16235) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:31pm On Jul 09, 2019
they are terrains in soccer games where powerful and robust strikers strive and Africa is one of them. no right thinking coach will bench ighalo for a rookie like oshimeh in a competition like the afcon. oshimeh is a wonderful talent but does he have the mental strength considering his young age and frail physique to shoulder and the responsibility of spearheading the teams attack in a competition like the afcon? does he possesses the aggressiveness and physical strength to strive when deployed against opposing African defenders who are known to be aggressive,robust and powerful with a no nonsense style of play approach?

to be in the afcon is a good developmental route for the lad and the exposure will aid his progression in his career. he is primed to head the teams attack in the nearest future but for now he is still in the learning process. moreover he needs to move to another league to prove his self which will endear more trust in the heart of the coaching crew to hand him the responsibility to spearhead the teams attack in future engagements

komekn:

I like my forwards to be TALL, CLINICAL, SKILLFUL, UNPREDICTABLE, POWERFUL WITH BLISTERING PACE i love it when they DEMOLISH the opposition.

For example Lukaku, Balotelli, or going into the past Yekini .

NUFF SAID

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:31pm On Jul 09, 2019
komekn:

I like my forwards to be TALL, CLINICAL, SKILLFUL, UNPREDICTABLE, WITH BLISTERING PACE i love it when they DEMOLISH the opposition.

For example Lukaku, Balotelli, or going into the past Yekini .

NUFF SAID

Besides tallness, Lukaku is the opposite of everything u wrote there, maybe younger but lanky Lukaku wasn't. All what u wrote best describes Osimhen, younger Lukaku and Baloteli of inter

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
Earthquake2:

You forgot that Wingbacks stay basically in the midfield, a long ball eliminates them from the equation and it will be South Africa attacking trio versus our defensive trio

Go and watch Cameron's second goal Aina was in a wing back position when the goal was scored

And Omeruo didn't deal with a very basic elementary long ball clearance, that he should have cleared, instead he mistimed hi header and got bullied, then Aina was running back to cover for the mistake made.

Clearing long balls from central defence is the bread and butter aspect of defending for a CB its a basic requirement, but against Cameroon Ekong and Omeruo struggled. This is cause for concern, SA will be studying those matches and will single out Awaziem as a weak link ( no pace) among other things. And our inability to deal with set pieces and long balls comfortably.

Balogun has his own problems an in and out season in the EPL has left him match rusty, but i may prefer a trio of Omeruo, Ekong and Balogun, with short head Simon ( This his shortness is not an advantage) as a RWB and Chukwueze playing wing and on the other side Aina LWB.

The midfield picks itself because we have little or no options. Ndidi, Etebo, Iwobi. Ogu is just too slow to have impact in a fast paced game like this.

front three no contest Musa IGHALO and Chukweze as the front trio, i am sure Chukwueze can be tutored on the importance of team formation, and not being a maverick, the need to backtrack and correct decision making with end product.

If thing get desperate we can change formation 4-4-2 with Onuachu behind Ighalo and resort to police game as i think SA'S midfield is more fluid than ours, we will not out pass them but we can intimidate them. Warri jaguda Etebo must work hard.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
every coach has the idea of players that will strive and suit their philosophy. kanu even with his lanky nature was a classy and intelligent player who didn't score much but decisive when it comes to delivering the final ball. no sane coach will ignore kanu's skills and football brains if he is blessed with such luxury in the national team.

there is no way you can compare onyekuru and oshimeh's issue in the national team to the great papilo who was far intelligent and skillful on the ball which made him to be a bit versatile ie can be deployed as a 9 or an 8.

na flair you want abi na winning? morocco and their flair where are they now? do you know super eagles are among the team that have displayed good football in the ongoing afcon?
ChrisKels:

No wonder our game is so bereft of flair.

Kanu Nwankwo the legend wouldn't make Rohr's team. This man is clueless.

Musa would not make his team in 2013 bkus he had no experience and was and still effing light weight, worse than both Henry and Osimhen

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jarus(m): 2:50pm On Jul 09, 2019
darkelf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMw_XBWBYMI

Throwback

I remember Olofinjana was the Mikel Agu of this team

What was more impressive was Kanu's pass and not really Utaka's goal. Do we have players that can pass like that now?

Udeze was also another carpenter. Back then Enyeama hadn't unleashed

Back then when I was still quite optimistic. cheesy

One of my most memorable Eagles' matches. I watched it in Awo Hall as an undergrad in Ife.

The last 10 minutes of that game were the most tensed 10 minutes of any game I have ever watched. Eagles showed great resilience to stop them from equalizing as Camerounians put great pressure on us.

JJ won MVP in that tournament despite Nigeria getting knocked out in the semis.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:51pm On Jul 09, 2019
ChrisKels:

Lukaku is the opposite of everything u wrote there, maybe younger but lanky Lukaku wasn't. All what u wrote best describes Osimhen, younger Lukaku and Baloteli of inter

Maybe because you dont know Lukaku, i do.

From age 12 he has always been the biggest and strongest started playing under 16 at 12, played first team football at 16 in the Belguim league and killed it. Lukaku has always been big and strong it hampered his development because his touch is not that good. None of the players i mentioned were weak and lanky.

you could argue that Yekini seemed a bit lanky but he was as strong as an OX.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:53pm On Jul 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:
every coach has the idea of players that will strive and suit their philosophy. kanu even with his lanky nature was a classy and intelligent player who didn't score much but decisive when it comes to delivering the final ball. no sane coach will ignore kanu's skills and football brains if he is blessed with such luxury in the national team.

there is no way you can compare onyekuru and oshimeh's issue in the national team to the great papilo who was far intelligent and skillful on the ball which made him to be a bit versatile ie can be deployed as a 9 or an 8.

na flair you want abi na winning? morocco and their flair where are they now? do you know super eagles are among the team that have displayed good football in the ongoing afcon?

Agreed without any iota of reservation.

Kanu himself no say he know hold ground, so he devised away to avoid physicality, CRAZY SKILL and DECEPTION

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:57pm On Jul 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:
they are terrains in soccer games where powerful and robust strikers strive and Africa is one of them. no right thinking coach will bench ighalo for a rookie like oshimeh in a competition like the afcon. oshimeh is a wonderful talent but does he have the mental strength considering his young age and frail physique to shoulder and the responsibility of spearheading the teams attack in a competition like the afcon? does he possesses the aggressiveness and physical strength to strive when deployed against opposing African defenders who are known to be aggressive,robust and powerful with a no nonsense style of play approach?

to be in the afcon is a good developmental route for the lad and the exposure will aid his progression in his career. he is primed to head the teams attack in the nearest future but for now he is still in the learning process. moreover he needs to move to another league to prove his self which will endear more trust in the heart of the coaching crew to hand him the responsibility to spearhead the teams attack in future engagements

Oleh ! Oleh !! OLEH !!! You be thief OH, grin grin grin you came into my mind and stole those words from me .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:58pm On Jul 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:
oga there is sense in what the man said. for christ sake oshimeh is just 20 and feather weight. in african footie he will be easily muscled. he is still a young chap who is still growing and will bulk up as he matures.

i bet you that oshimeh will be easily manhandled if he is deployed as a lone striker. the madagascar match was a good fixture to test him and onyekuru but things went south in the early minutes of the game and got worst in the 2nd stanza which made the coaching crew to throw in players they believed would have atleast salvaged a point.

oshimeh and onyekuru are one for the future and the but interesting thing is they are part of the team. for rohr to take both to the competition meas he rates them high
you dey mind them, let the guy play and start falling all over the place they are still the one that will start whining

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:00pm On Jul 09, 2019
chrisooblog:
i'm a big fan of mathematical but this is wrong especially at this time when we are in the thick of competition. ok what if rohr coaches the team to victory what will he now say?

everyone has different temperaments and coaching styles if big Seg were a coach he would know this

he'll make a bad administrator, no wonder he has never won any election

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:07pm On Jul 09, 2019
ChrisKels:

Besides tallness, Lukaku is the opposite of everything u wrote there, maybe younger but lanky Lukaku wasn't. All what u wrote best describes Osimhen, younger Lukaku and Baloteli of inter
Top Drog was pacy tall and strong, his strength was one of his key attributes and helped him bully defenders in the epl. Rhor wanting osimhen to be strong is for his own good, imagine Osimhen against that Senegal defender who plays for Napoli that one go pocket am na

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:08pm On Jul 09, 2019
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
komekn:

Oleh ! Oleh !! OLEH !!! You be thief OH, grin grin grin you came into my mind and stole those words from me .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:09pm On Jul 09, 2019
koulibaly go chew oshimeh like toothpick
jihday:
Top Drog was pacy tall and strong, his strength was one of his key attributes and helped him bully defenders in the epl. Rhor wanting osimhen to be strong is for his own good, imagine Osimhen against that Senegal defender who plays for Napoli that one go pocket am na

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:10pm On Jul 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Are you saying that Osimhen doesn't compete against physical players in the Belgian league? If he competes weakly against certain physical players, why can't he do it on the AFCON?. We have just 3 matches left (if we progress), why can't he start in one of those matches or at least be subbed in?

If Ighalo had been performing poorly, I'm sure you'd have cried for Osimhen. Truth is, Ighalo is inconsistent like the waves of the sea. I hope he doesn't get caged against SA that'll warrant a replacement

The game where he scored a hat-trick to help the team was equally high pressure. I'm not completely for starting him but when we are leading, let Rohr take a risk and sub in osimhen. You never know what the cat may bring in.

Besides, I think at this point Ighalo ought yo have given him a few pointers on what to do to hold his own against African defences for at least 25-30mins. For someone playing in Belgium, that shouldn't be tough to do.
As I've been saying, we better win SA emphatically at least to shut the mouths of those southies populating Nairaland like anta and also to send them back the rabbit hole from whence they came. Especially now that I'm giving them full 100% support (this isn't easy for me) grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:10pm On Jul 09, 2019
Pls ..hope we are not using the dark green Jersey tomorrow. Make dem find another jersey abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:11pm On Jul 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:

He will do same against many strikers better than Osimhen but he isn't the one playing all defensive positions, is he?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:13pm On Jul 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:
yeah, forgot his name momentarily
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 3:14pm On Jul 09, 2019
komekn:

And Omeruo didn't deal with a very basic elementary long ball clearance, that he should have cleared, instead he mistimed hi header and got bullied, then Aina was running back to cover for the mistake made.

Clearing long balls from central defence is the bread and butter aspect of defending for a CB its a basic requirement, but against Cameroon Ekong and Omeruo struggled. This is cause for concern, SA will be studying those matches and will single out Awaziem as a weak link ( no pace) among other things. And our inability to deal with set pieces and long balls comfortably.

Balogun has his own problems an in and out season in the EPL has left him match rusty, but i may prefer a trio of Omeruo, Ekong and Balogun, with short head Simon ( This his shortness is not an advantage) as a RWB and Chukwueze playing wing and on the other side Aina LWB.

The midfield picks itself because we have little or no options. Ndidi, Etebo, Iwobi. Ogu is just too slow to have impact in a fast paced game like this.

front three no contest Musa IGHALO and Chukweze as the front trio, i am sure Chukwueze can be tutored on the importance of team formation, and not being a maverick, the need to backtrack and correct decision making with end product.

If thing get desperate we can change formation 4-4-2 with Onuachu behind Ighalo and resort to police game as i think SA'S midfield is more fluid than ours, we will not out pass them but we can intimidate them. Warri jaguda Etebo must work hard.

South African team are not that tall
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:15pm On Jul 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:
but he couldn't chew the lean Japanese striker at the WC

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:16pm On Jul 09, 2019
mostob:
but he couldn't chew the lean Japanese striker at the WC
is strength about size or weight?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jubilantagida: 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2019
Goke7:

You dey mind them? Waste of space.

But guys let us think of this, the quality of play by west african sides is beginning to dip seriously. Looks like west africa do not produce quality players anymore.

Teams like ivory coast, Nigeria, senegal and Ghana are no longer impressive in afcon. Something is wrong somewhere. Looks like they cannot produce the toures, drogbas, kanoute, papa diop, kanu, finidi, oliseh, yeboah, abedi pele anymore. Even a Guinea produced a titi camara.

West African football is dying.

To buttress my point further, asamoah gyan still plays for Ghana, what?

This was what exactly you were disagreeing with me on the other day.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:23pm On Jul 09, 2019
hahahahahahaha! ighalo have distinguished himself in robust and physical leagues like the championship and the epl so there is no way you can compare oshimeh to ighy. with all due respect the belgian league is a good enough league for upcoming talents but as a player you will only be taken serious if you move to perform in tougher leagues.

rohr at this stage of the competition will never try such gamble to start an oshimeh when there is a lot at stake and if he tries such you guys will reap him apart if it backfires. i have nothing against oshimeh but to be sincere he wont be a handful for defenders in the african terrain for now.

if inconsistency should be determined with ighalo's form in the national team for the past one year then i prefer deploying inconsistent strikers if i were to be rohr
darkelf:

Are you saying that Osimhen doesn't compete against physical players in the Belgian league? If he competes weakly against certain physical players, why can't he do it on the AFCON?. We have just 3 matches left (if we progress), why can't he start in one of those matches or at least be subbed in?

If Ighalo had been performing poorly, I'm sure you'd have cried for Osimhen. Truth is, Ighalo is inconsistent like the waves of the sea. I hope he doesn't get caged against SA that'll warrant a replacement

The game where he scored a hat-trick to help the team was equally high pressure. I'm not completely for starting him but when we are leading, let Rohr take a risk and sub in osimhen. You never know what the cat may bring in.

Besides, I think at this point Ighalo ought yo have given him a few pointers on what to do to hold his own against African defences for at least 25-30mins. For someone playing in Belgium, that shouldn't be tough to do.
As I've been saying, we better win SA emphatically at least to shut the mouths of those southies populating Nairaland like anta and also to send them back the rabbit hole from whence they came. Especially now that I'm giving them full 100% support (this isn't easy for me) grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2019
These Eagles are playing with our emotions, says Adelabu

Former International, Adegoke Adelabu has said the Super Eagles’ unstable performance at the ongoing African Cup of nations (AFCON) in Egypt has made them an unpredictable side.

Nigeria progressed to the quarterfinal of the competition after a 3-2 slim win over the defending champions, the Lions of Cameroun played at the Alexandria Stadium in Egypt on Saturday. Nigeria ended the Group B of the AFCON as runner up, losing 0-2 to debutants, Madagascar, after beating both Burundi and Guinea 1-0 during the group stage of the tournament.

However, the Eagles bounced back by sending the defending champions, Cameroun out of the AFCON in the Round of 16. Speaking to The Guardian yesterday, Adelabu said the Eagles always come up with surprises when you least expect something good from them, adding that one cannot say specifically the tactics and formation the team has adopted so far in the championship.

“By now, people are supposed to have understood the Eagles, especially the one we have in Egypt. And that is the major problem we have about our national team that has played four matches and yet you cannot pinpoint the strength of the team. “It is at a time when you have lost hope in the Eagles, that you will see them spring a surprise by performing one kind of wonder. You won’t even know how they did it because all you know is that they have won the match. How they did it remains a misery because you can’t be able to say it,” he said.

Adelabu added: “As a sports scientist, I was trained to read matches by Eagles’ former coach, the late Otto Gloria. He helped me on how to read matches and from there I developed interest. I know a team that is planning and a team that is not.

“The only thing that is working for the Eagles is that whether they plan or not, any team that wants to beat them must control the game. We win even when we don’t know how they did it. This is because once their opponent makes any mistake, you just see them score.

“I always believe that God looks at the emotions of Nigerians and decide to give them victory. That is how you know that they don’t have any plan because you won’t see any tactical plan or changes in their games. All you see them do is run round the pitch and the next thing you see them scoring cheap goal(s). I think God always uses this wins to compensate us.”He said it is still a mystery that the team have had modest success even when they have not worked for it.

“How can you sit down to watch your country play and you cannot look at the team and say this is what they are doing from the coach’s inputs. These Eagles are just playing with the emotions of Nigerians because Nigerians’ expectation is high based on what we have achieved in the past. I know one day we will get it right,” he stated.

https://guardian.ng/sport/these-eagles-are-playing-with-our-emotions-says-adelabu/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:
hahahahahahaha! ighalo have distinguished him robust leagues like the championship and the epl so there is no way you can compare oshimeh to ighy. with all due respect the belgian league is a good enough league for upcoming talents but as a player you will only be taken serious if you move to perform in tougher leagues.

rohr at this stage of the competition will never try such gamble to start an oshimeh when there is a lot at stake and if he tries such you guys will reap him apart if it backfires. i have nothing against oshimeh but to be sincere he wont be a handful for defenders in the african terrain for now.

if inconsistency should be determined with ighalo's form in the national team for the past one year then i prefer deploying inconsistent strikers if i were to be rohr

If Ighalo were to get injured in the opening minutes of next game, and Rohr starts Onuachu, would that be preferable by you as a fan/pundit?

Because that's the most likely sub by Rohr if that happens (please note that I'm not hoping it does oo). Also notes that Onuachu also plays in a less competitive Danish league but he has had more minutes in the SE than Osimhen since he started getting invites
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:29pm On Jul 09, 2019
we 9ja pple we can never be satisfied
darkelf:
These Eagles are playing with our emotions, says Adelabu

Former International, Adegoke Adelabu has said the Super Eagles’ unstable performance at the ongoing African Cup of nations (AFCON) in Egypt has made them an unpredictable side.

Nigeria progressed to the quarterfinal of the competition after a 3-2 slim win over the defending champions, the Lions of Cameroun played at the Alexandria Stadium in Egypt on Saturday. Nigeria ended the Group B of the AFCON as runner up, losing 0-2 to debutants, Madagascar, after beating both Burundi and Guinea 1-0 during the group stage of the tournament.

However, the Eagles bounced back by sending the defending champions, Cameroun out of the AFCON in the Round of 16. Speaking to The Guardian yesterday, Adelabu said the Eagles always come up with surprises when you least expect something good from them, adding that one cannot say specifically the tactics and formation the team has adopted so far in the championship.

“By now, people are supposed to have understood the Eagles, especially the one we have in Egypt. And that is the major problem we have about our national team that has played four matches and yet you cannot pinpoint the strength of the team. “It is at a time when you have lost hope in the Eagles, that you will see them spring a surprise by performing one kind of wonder. You won’t even know how they did it because all you know is that they have won the match. How they did it remains a misery because you can’t be able to say it,” he said.

Adelabu added: “As a sports scientist, I was trained to read matches by Eagles’ former coach, the late Otto Gloria. He helped me on how to read matches and from there I developed interest. I know a team that is planning and a team that is not.

“The only thing that is working for the Eagles is that whether they plan or not, any team that wants to beat them must control the game. We win even when we don’t know how they did it. This is because once their opponent makes any mistake, you just see them score.

“I always believe that God looks at the emotions of Nigerians and decide to give them victory. That is how you know that they don’t have any plan because you won’t see any tactical plan or changes in their games. All you see them do is run round the pitch and the next thing you see them scoring cheap goal(s). I think God always uses this wins to compensate us.”He said it is still a mystery that the team have had modest success even when they have not worked for it.

“How can you sit down to watch your country play and you cannot look at the team and say this is what they are doing from the coach’s inputs. These Eagles are just playing with the emotions of Nigerians because Nigerians’ expectation is high based on what we have achieved in the past. I know one day we will get it right,” he stated.

https://guardian.ng/sport/these-eagles-are-playing-with-our-emotions-says-adelabu/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:32pm On Jul 09, 2019
you don shift the argument now to onuachu with the excuse if ighy gets injured? rohr trains this guys day in day out so he sees more of them in action than us. he has his reasons judging his preference towards onuachu which i believe is tactics based. so your point is baseless
darkelf:

If Ighalo were to get injured in the opening minutes of next game, and Rohr starts Onuachu, would that be preferable by you as a fan/pundit?

Because that's the most likely sub by Rohr if that happens (please note that I'm not hoping it does oo). Also notes that Onuachu also plays in a less competitive Danish league but he has had more minutes in the SE than Osimhen since he started getting invites

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 3:34pm On Jul 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:
you don shift the argument now to onuachu with the excuse if ighy gets injured? rohr trains this guys day in day out so he sees more of them in action than us. he has his reasons judging his preference towards onuachu which i believe is tactics based. so your point is baseless

Because of this point, I could also accuse you of shifting the argument and calling your point baseless tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
i like been realistic rather than allowing emotions and sentiment to creep in. you can cry to high heavens but it is way too risky to bench ighalo for oshimeh at this stage of the competition. ighalo no be my brother let alone my tribes man and he is not even among the best strikers in the world but currently in the super eagles he is the best we can boast of.

if we had better quality in the striking department i doubt any of the trio of onuachu,oshimeh and ighalo will make our afcon list. so lets utilise the best we can boast of and pray for the best
darkelf:

Because of this point, I could also accuse you of shifting the argument and calling your point baseless tongue

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 4:03pm On Jul 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:
i like been realistic rather than allowing emotions and sentiment to creep in. you can cry to high heavens but it is way too risky to bench ighalo for oshimeh at this stage of the competition. ighalo no be my brother let alone my tribes man and he is not even among the best strikers in the world but currently in the super eagles he is the best we can boast of.

if we had better quality in the striking department i doubt any of the trio of onuachu,oshimeh and ighalo will make our afcon list. so lets utilise the best we can boast of and pray for the best

I am also been realistic too.

Ighalo playing almost 90 min every game and then bringing in Onuachu all the time while not giving Osimhen a chance to come off the bench in't helping his career. Same with Onyekuru. These guys deserve at least 15mins/match due to their club form

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2019
this signifies that you are bereft of tactical prowess and discipline. bringing in onuachu for ighalo against cameroon was a tactical move which will help the team to defend aerial threats and free kicks from the taller Cameroonians which seem to be their only resort during the tail end of the game. that was the same reason iwobi who was the team's creatives spark in the middle was subbed for balogun.later u go say u sabi football grin
darkelf:

Ighalo playing almost 90 min every game and then bringing in Onuachu all the time while not giving Osimhen a chance to come off the bench in't helping his career. Same with Onyekuru. These guys deserve at least 15mins/match due to their club form

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 09, 2019
darkelf:

Are you sure this is darkelf? Your comments make sense today.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 09, 2019
Hearing Rohr wants to do 3-5-2 tomorrow. Wish the team all the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6515) (6516) (6517) (6518) (6519) (6520) (6521) ... (16235) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: trilacos, elyte89, jihday(m), WHOSEMAN(m), caprikon, mancoconut and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.