Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,154 members, 7,845,805 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6519) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11837057 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6516) (6517) (6518) (6519) (6520) (6521) (6522) ... (16237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 4:22pm On Jul 09, 2019
realpoacher:

Lol... See how all the predictions enter bush grin

No wonder Alabi always gets richer grin

Lool no wonder Alabi dey bash and tear guys ticket.

grin grin.. All ye nairabet fans making Alabi cash out everyday, just imagine the day Egypt lost, am sure many peeps for cry their eyes out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:
this signifies that you are bereft of tactical prowess and discipline. bringing in onuachu for ighalo against cameroon was a tactical move which will help the team to defend aerial threats and free kicks from the taller Cameroonians which seem to be their only resort during the tail end of the game. that was the same reason iwobi who was the team's creatives spark in the middle was subbed for balogun.later u go say u sabi football grin

I can understand bringing him in against Cameron but what about MDG or guinea, Burundi after the lead?

Its easy to give excuses for subs but if you carry in-form young guys like Onyekuru and Osimhen to the AFCON, it s only fair they get some game mins to prove themselves and also for potential scouts to see what they have to offer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:27pm On Jul 09, 2019
Shanghai Greenland Shenhua striker Odion Ighalo wants to emulate Segun Odegbami, Rashidi Yekini, Julius Aghahowa, Austin Okocha and Emmanuel Emenike by emerging the top scorer of the Africa Cup of Nations.

The former Watford star is one of the frontrunners for the 2019 AFCON Golden Boot award, having scored three goals along with Sadio Mané, Cédric Bakambu and Adam Ounas.

Though Ighalo is interested in being top scorer, he has stressed that he is putting the team first ahead of personal success.

''It will be nice but first I'll put the team ahead because if I don't win the Golden Boot and we win the trophy I'll be very happy because we are here to do that,'' said Ighalo at Tuesday morning's press conference attended by allnigeriasoccer.com.

''I am a striker, I want to score goals but if the goal does not come and we win the game, I'll be more satisfied.''

Ighalo is the leading Nigeria scorer since the appointment of Gernot Rohr as coach with 11 goals in competitive

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 4:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
Truidstar:

Are you sure this is darkelf? Your comments make sense today.

I'll just ignore the "comments make sense part"

Well if you must know, I've decided to give the SE my full support just for the game against SA. Some southie peeps on Nairaland are really annoying and trust me when I say I hardly get angry with people on social media but these Zulus took annoying behavior to another level.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:29pm On Jul 09, 2019
Club Brugge have pulled off a transfer coup by signing highly-coveted winger David Okereke, the Belgian First Division A outfit announced on Tuesday.

The Nigeria U23 international had attracted interest from the likes of Southampton, Newcastle United, Crystal Palace and Wolves in England as well as teams in the Serie A prior to his transfer to Club Brugge.

Okereke is under contract at Club Brugge until June 30, 2023, having put pen to paper on a four-year contract today.

The 1997-born player is a product of Football College Abuja and began his career abroad at Lavagnese, before joining Spezia in 2016.

He was involved in 22 goals (10 goals, 12 assists) in 33 games across all competitions last season, and scored on his debut for the Dream Team VII in a 4-0 rout of Libya in March.

Okereke will begin training with his new teammates, including fellow Nigeria U23 star Emmanuel Dennis, at Club Brugge Basecamp on Wednesday, July 10.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 4:30pm On Jul 09, 2019
Context bro
Context.

He is talking about Nigeria as a people
we mostly take things serious when shouting is involved
TheGoodJoe:

Oga Sir, please, abeg, chill.

Bonfrere Jo, Willy Bazuaye and Musa Abdullahi were not shouting at refs and players when we won the Atlanta 96 Olympics gold medal in football.

Pellegrini is very gentle on the touchline and delivered brilliant results throughout his career. Sarri is also calm to a point. Same with Allegri.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 4:31pm On Jul 09, 2019
I want us yo get the job done in normal time

I'm not sure our GKs are good enough in penalties.

Please SE, silence the SA fans forever
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:33pm On Jul 09, 2019
komekn:

I like my forwards to be TALL, CLINICAL, SKILLFUL, UNPREDICTABLE, POWERFUL WITH BLISTERING PACE i love it when they DEMOLISH the opposition.

For example Lukaku, Balotelli, or going into the past Yekini .

NUFF SAID

Aguero, Suarez, Forlan, Tevez, I will take any day over the likes of Lukaku and Balotelli.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 4:33pm On Jul 09, 2019
Bafana Bafana are unbeaten against the Super Eagles in the last 5 games between both sides.

Beating them emphatically will be tough but doable.

Go Super Eagles

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 4:39pm On Jul 09, 2019
ChrisKels:

Osimhen is fitter than Tammy Abraham. Now I know why Tammy has always failed in the Epl

Haq Haq Haq.. And he will *eventuary* keep failing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:41pm On Jul 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:
oga there is sense in what the man said. for christ sake oshimeh is just 20 and feather weight. in african footie he will be easily muscled. he is still a young chap who is still growing and will bulk up as he matures.

i bet you that oshimeh will be easily manhandled if he is deployed as a lone striker. the madagascar match was a good fixture to test him and onyekuru but things went south in the early minutes of the game and got worst in the 2nd stanza which made the coaching crew to throw in players they believed would have atleast salvaged a point.

oshimeh and onyekuru are one for the future and the but interesting thing is they are part of the team. for rohr to take both to the competition meas he rates them high

Why must we deploy Osimhen as a lone striker. The point has been play with an offensive set up with two forwards supporting him. Play with pace and intensity.

Rohr most times wants to sit back and wants his striker fighting defenders with jam body tactics. That is why I said Neymar won't thrive. Same with a player like Suarez.

That is why I do not like Osimhen working with him because of his mechanic tactics.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 4:42pm On Jul 09, 2019
Super Eagles Prematch conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA_RpfTl78I
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:06pm On Jul 09, 2019
oga the way una dey see football self tire me. our midfield is weak and lacks quality then wont it be more porous when you subdue the strength in the middle of the park by deploying 2 strikers and left with a depleted midfield of 2 players? nawaooo

you can only use two attackers when you have a good number 8 who will work tirelessly to help in the midfield and attack at the same time.
TheGoodJoe:

Why must we deploy Osimhen as a lone striker. The point has been play with an offensive set up with two forwards supporting him. Play with pace and intensity.

Rohr most times want to sit back and wants his striker fighting defenders with jam body tactics. That is why I said Neymar won't thrive. Same with a player like Suarez.

That is why I do not like Osimhen working with him because of his mechanic tactics.

Finito.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CoolJulian: 5:16pm On Jul 09, 2019
[quote author=komekn post=80093532]

I expect more from you not to descend to this level of name calling.[/quote

But it's true...I don't know why he falls so easily.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:25pm On Jul 09, 2019
Tyronne Ebuehi's career was on an upward spiral until he picked up an unfortunate injury which ruled him out of action for the whole of last season.

The 23-year-old recorded a tremendous growth in his career in the last two years. He ignited his international career as he made his debut appearance for the Super Eagles of Nigeria.

His fame continued to rise among Nigerians after his wonderful display against Argentina in a friendly encounter prior to the 2018 World Cup.

He went on to feature for the three-time African champions during the World Cup in Russia, making him a substantial member of the Super Eagles.

His development doesn't end there, he surprisingly became a transfer target for Primeira Liga giants Benfica prior to the World Cup.

He reached an agreement with the club and was officially unveiled as Benfica player, a move that was widely applauded by many Super Eagles supporters.

Ebuehi, who was hoping to break into Benfica's starting lineup, suffered a cruciate ligament injury in their pre-season clash with Juventus.

The long-term injury prevented him from making his official debut for Benfica as he spent close to 12 months in the recuperating room.

However, the right-back is fully fit and he's ready to challenge for a spot in Benfica's right-back position in the new season.

This will be a good news to Gernot Rohr and the Nigeria Football Federation as they can't wait to have the attack-minded fullback in the national team setup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:26pm On Jul 09, 2019
ChrisKels:

Osimhen is fitter than Tammy Abraham. Now I know why Tammy has always failed in the Epl

Look at the infantile response you have given now if you were in elementary school it would be understandable.

You really show the depths of your prejudice and unrestrained bigotry.

What has Tega Abrahams got to do with this discussion.

You really do have issues.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2019
Gernot Rohr and Odion Ighalo faced the cameras ahead of Wednesday evening's Africa Cup of Nations quarterfinal showdown against South Africa at the Cairo International Stadium, Cairo.

The German has reiterated that the Super Eagles are the underdogs heading into the game, pointing out that Bafana Bafana secured a spot in the last eight after beating a strong Egyptian squad.

''We saw the Egypt vs South Africa game, we know South Africa very well because they were in our group for the qualifiers,'' said Rohr to reporters at Tuesday's press conference.

''When you beat Egypt in this circumstances with one of the best players in Africa, you will be full of confidence and they deserve to win, they were the better team.''

The Super Eagles will be full of confidence following their recent 3-2 win against defending champions Cameroon but Rohr has insisted that the players are not getting carried away as they remain humble.

''We had a good game against Cameroon, we also have confidence so we should expect a match of high quality.

''The strengths of our team are humility and fighting spirit, and even against South Africa it won't be easy.

''But we also have confidence because we scored three goals against a team who did not concede a goal in the group stage and who had a very good goalkeeper.

''We are confident also but for me South Africa is the favorite,'' added Rohr.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2019
h my goodness, I have NEVER seen a coach who bash his players the way Gernot Rohr denigrates his players. First it was Iheanacho and now it's Osihmen. Even if you have something against your player, do you have to broadcast it to the entire world? This man should have been fired immediately after the Argentina mach.

O pari

tbaba1234:
Rohr on Osimhen and Onyekuru:

"Onyekuru and Osimhen are young and they are here to learn. Musa and Ighalo are experienced so they are the ones to start. For Onyekuru, he has to first fight with Simon and Chukwueze for a position and then maybe for the central position. For Osimhen, he has to be stronger. In training, any touch he falls down. So I tell him to be strong"

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
chrisooblog:
i'm a big fan of mathematical but this is wrong especially at this time when we are in the thick of competition. ok what if rohr coaches the team to victory what will he now say?

everyone has different temperaments and coaching styles if big Seg were a coach he would know this

Agreed and totally unnecessary at this time. Particularly considering his standing in Nigerian football such behaviour is not helpful.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
Promising Nigerian midfielder James Olayinka was invited to train with Arsenal first team by manager Unai Emery on Monday, July 8, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.

With a number of first-team players absent from training due to international commitments, including Super Eagles midfielder Alex Iwobi, the Spanish tactician called up Olayinka and three promising youngsters to join the first team at London Colney.

A product of Arsenal's Hale End Academy, the 18-year-old Olayinka penned his first professional contract in January 2019, twelve years after he joined the club.

He had a fine season at Arsenal in the 2018-2019 campaign, making appearances in the Premier League 2, EFL Trophy, FA Youth Cup, U18 Premier League and U18 Premier League Cup.

Predominantly a defensive-minded midfielder, Olayinka netted his first competitive goal for Arsenal youth teams in the 7-0 demolition of Leicester City U18 in August 2018.

He trained with Arsenal's first team as a first-year scholar in November 2017 and was in the traveling party for a warm weather training camp in Dubai, United Arab Emirates four months ago.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2019
Moses Simon has enjoyed the goodwill of coach of the Super Eagles Gernot Rohr despite the calls by many for exciting Villarreal youngster Samuel Chukwueze to start ahead of the Levante wing forward.

Simon have started two games since missing the first game and also played as a substitute in the 0-2 loss to Madagascar while Chukwueze since starting the first game against Burundi has played just twice as a substitutes against Guinea and Cameroon respectively.

A ‎ look at both players who are based in Spain will confirmed that they both offer contrasting style with Simon having the edge in helping out in defence while Chukwueze’s ability to glide past his markers in the final third stands him out.

However in games like the one against Cameroon, one expect the opponent to fight for the ball and deny the Nigerians space and such game require a player who can put in a defensive shift for the team as possession will be scarce and also space won’t be readily available for forward players to exploit.

To that effect Simon deserve to start ahead of Chukwueze as he helped in helping the team keep their shape defensively meaning Chidozie Awaziem didn’t have the issue of losing his man like Ola Aina who had to deal with two players running off him, no thanks to Ahmed Musa’s lack of discipline in tracking back.

Chukwueze was introduced when Cameroon were trying to hang on to their lead and decided to sit back and cede a lot of time and space to Nigeria as they defended deep in their half up until Nigeria scored the third goal.

The work ethics of Simon goes unnoticed but it’s worthy to note that he has created three goal scoring opportunities in the games he has played while Chukwueze has created just one. Simon also boast of one assist something that Chukwueze is yet to have.

In the Super Eagles next game against South Africa, the Bafana Bafana team will no doubt be less physical but very organized hence Chukwueze will likely get the nod to start with his ability to take his man out giving the Eagles a chance to disorganise the traditionally well organized South Africa team.

Worthy to note is that at Villarreal towards the end of last season with the team battling to stay in the Spanish top flight, Chukwueze was sparingly used in games the team need an outright win against direct rivals or mid table teams but started against Barcelona and Real Madrid, games which they are sure going to have space because of the attack minded set up of their illustrious opponents.

In contrast, Simon also started against Real Madrid and Barcelona and in both games he played as a wingback who tracked the runners for the opponent to deny them space to whip in balls to forward players in the box.

Overall, it’s a plus that the coach of Nigeria have two players who can offer him variation pending on the team he is playing against and system they want to play in decisive games.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2019
jihday:
Top Drog was pacy tall and strong, his strength was one of his key attributes and helped him bully defenders in the epl. Rhor wanting osimhen to be strong is for his own good, imagine Osimhen against that Senegal defender who plays for Napoli that one go pocket am na

When the suggestion came by some who lack understanding of the game to have Osimhen to lead our attack.

I said then that Cameroon go take Osimhen do Suya. My view has not changed just been confirmed by the national team coach of the SE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:34pm On Jul 09, 2019
Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal that coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr will likely drop Ola Aina from his starting lineup for the AFCON quarter final game against South Africa.

Base on the training session of the team, Rohr has picked Jamilu Collins in the team that contains most of the regular players ahead ‎of Aina who has so far played in every game for Nigeria.

Aina could however shift to the right back position which is his preferred role but Rohr has been very impressed with the performance of Chidozie Awaziem who has filled in admirably well as cover since the injury to regular right back Shehu Abdullahi in the first game.

Another move made by the coach is the decision to hand a start to Samuel Chukwueze for the second time in this tournament ‎ahead of Moses Simon who will be given a rest for the game.

For now the two changes appear to be the ones the coach will likely make to the team that started the 3-2 win over Cameroon in the round of 16.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:35pm On Jul 09, 2019
charlesemeka85:
hahahahahahaha! ighalo have distinguished himself in robust and physical leagues like the championship and the epl so there is no way you can compare oshimeh to ighy. with all due respect the belgian league is a good enough league for upcoming talents but as a player you will only be taken serious if you move to perform in tougher leagues.

rohr at this stage of the competition will never try such gamble to start an oshimeh when there is a lot at stake and if he tries such you guys will reap him apart if it backfires. i have nothing against oshimeh but to be sincere he wont be a handful for defenders in the african terrain for now.

if inconsistency should be determined with ighalo's form in the national team for the past one year then i prefer deploying inconsistent strikers if i were to be rohr

Agreed without taking a pause to chop my Banga Soup and Pounded yam.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:38pm On Jul 09, 2019
darkelf:

I am also been realistic too.

Ighalo playing almost 90 min every game and then bringing in Onuachu all the time while not giving Osimhen a chance to come off the bench in't helping his career. Same with Onyekuru. These guys deserve at least 15mins/match due to their club form

Reality Check he dies not deserve anything, you earn game time. It is not a RIGHT

The SE is not the place you build your career.

The SE is recognition of outstanding quality performances in your club and league.

Thier club form reflects the requirements of the league and club but not the requirements of the SE and in this AFCON.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 5:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
komekn:

Reality Check he dies not deserve anything, you earn game time. It is not a RIGHT

The SE is recognition of outstanding quality performances in your club and league.

Thier club form reflects the requirements of the league and club but not the requirements of the SE and in this AFCON.

So, Osimhen did not earn game time?? Remind me the league where Osimhen plays and Ighalo. The only reason Ighalo is starting ahead of Osimhen is based precisely on super eagles experience. It has nothing to do with club form.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
If Jamilu Collins is 100% fit, then I would expect him to start at LB while Ola Aina move to his natural RB.

That, to me, is our strongest like up.

O pari

charlesemeka85:
Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal that coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr will likely drop Ola Aina from his starting lineup for the AFCON quarter final game against South Africa.

Base on the training session of the team, Rohr has picked Jamilu Collins in the team that contains most of the regular players ahead ‎of Aina who has so far played in every game for Nigeria.

Aina could however shift to the right back position which is his preferred role but Rohr has been very impressed with the performance of Chidozie Awaziem who has filled in admirably well as cover since the injury to regular right back Shehu Abdullahi in the first game.

Another move made by the coach is the decision to hand a start to Samuel Chukwueze for the second time in this tournament ‎ahead of Moses Simon who will be given a rest for the game.

For now the two changes appear to be the ones the coach will likely make to the team that started the 3-2 win over Cameroon in the round of 16.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2019
FormerInternational,AdegokeAdelabu hassaid the SuperEagles’unstableperformanceat theongoing African Cup ofnations(AFCON)in Egypt hasmade them an unpredictableside.

Nigeriaprogressed to thequarterfinalofthe competition aftera3-2slim win overthedefending champions,theLionsofCameroun played at the AlexandriaStadium in Egypt on Saturday. Nigeria ended theGroup BoftheAFCON asrunnerup,losing 0-2to debutants,Madagascar,afterbeating both Burundiand Guinea1-0during thegroup stageofthe tournament.

However,theEaglesbounced back by sending the defending champions,Cameroun out oftheAFCON in theRound of16. Speaking to TheGuardian yesterday, Adelabu said theEaglesalwayscomeup with surpriseswhen you least expect something good from them,adding that onecannot say specifically thetacticsand formation theteam hasadopted so farin thechampionship.

“By now,peoplearesupposed to haveunderstood theEagles,especially theonewehavein Egypt. And that isthemajorproblem wehaveabout ournational team that hasplayed fourmatchesand yet you cannot pinpoint thestrength oftheteam. “It isat a timewhen you havelost hopein theEagles,that you willseethem spring asurpriseby performing one kind ofwonder. You won’t even know how they did it becauseallyou know isthat they havewon the match. How they did it remainsamisery becauseyou can’t beableto say it,” hesaid.

Adelabu added: “Asasportsscientist,I wastrained to read matchesby Eagles’formercoach,thelateOtto Gloria. Hehelped meon how to read matchesand from thereI developed interest. I know ateam that is planning and ateam that isnot.

“Theonly thing that isworking fortheEaglesisthat whetherthey plan ornot,any team that wantsto beat them must controlthegame. Wewin even when wedon’t know how they did it. Thisisbecauseonce theiropponent makesany mistake,you just seethem score.

“I alwaysbelievethat God looksat theemotionsof Nigeriansand decideto givethem victory. That ishow you know that they don’t haveany plan becauseyou won’t seeany tacticalplan orchangesin theirgames. Allyou seethem do isrun round thepitch and the next thing you seethem scoring cheap goal(s). I think God alwaysusesthesewinsto compensateus.”He said it isstillamystery that theteam havehad modest successeven when they havenot worked for it.

“How can you sit down to watch yourcountry play and you cannot look at theteam and say thisiswhat they aredoing from thecoach’sinputs. TheseEagles arejust playing with theemotionsofNigerians becauseNigerians’expectation ishigh based on what wehaveachieved in thepast. I know oneday wewill get it right,” hestated.

https://m.guardian.ng/sport/these-eagles-are-playing-with-our-emotions-says-adelabu/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 5:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
I would have loved Aina to start from left now that Jamilu Collins is back but I also noticed Aina still loses concentration mid game. Sometimes dude is absent minded. Awaziem though not as adventurous as Aina but he has performed fairly well for a guy who is played out of position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 5:49pm On Jul 09, 2019
Icon79:
If Jamilu Collins is 100% fit, then I would expect him to start at LB while Ola Aina move to his natural RB.

That, to me, is our strongest like up.

O pari

Ola Aina cant displace Awaziem now. Aina has improved but I am not completely sold. Chidozie Awaziem,on the other hand have remain composed and steadily gaining confidence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:52pm On Jul 09, 2019
ighalo have paid his dues in a top league as the epl before he left for china for monetary gain which is understandable. the brazil national prefer calling up a player from the csl than a player banging in goals week in week out for anderlecht,club brugge,standard liege,genk and gent who are the biggest teams in belgian football.

the same oshimeh counldnt hold his own in an unstable club as wolfsburg but i will never judge him with that because it was also a learning route in his young career. oshimeh's time will come but for now ighy is the best we can boast of
OMANBALA1:

So, Osimhen did not earn game time?? Remind me the league where Osimhen plays and Ighalo. The only reason Ighalo is starting ahead of Osimhen is based precisely on super eagles experience. It has nothing to do with club form.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:54pm On Jul 09, 2019
komekn:

I hope you guys don't come for Onuachu's head when he does something that may lead to our downfall. Since the SE isn't a place to build a career. See talk. SMH

(1) (2) (3) ... (6516) (6517) (6518) (6519) (6520) (6521) (6522) ... (16237) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Friday03 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.