Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,724 members, 7,837,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (695) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11795406 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (16203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:17am On Mar 24, 2017
To me the ref seemed poor. We had 2 players injured but we got the only 3 yellow cards.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pyrex23(m): 10:21am On Mar 24, 2017
Joebie:
wingers that can run and not tire out? Wingers that have the ability to defend? I believe so.

yh sure v.moses ans s.moses are great at trackin back 2 defend
s.moses probably could make a good wing back
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:21am On Mar 24, 2017
safarigirl:
I wonder why we are yet to get a formal apology from Komekn as regards Isaac and Ndidi

95% of Nigeria need to make a formal apology as regards to Echiejile.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 10:22am On Mar 24, 2017
BascoVanVeli:
To me the ref seemed poor. We had 2 players injured but we got the only 3 yellow cards.
that's a surprise to me too

From all comments concerning Onazi's injury that tackle was bad and should have gotten the player sent off or at least cautioned with a yellow card

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:38am On Mar 24, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

95% of Nigeria need to make a formal apology as regards to Echiejile.
I doubt people discounted Echiejile much. He just wasn't noticed, if anyone was given slack it was Onazi and Musa, I barely saw anyone asking for Echiejile's exclusion leading up to this game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:51am On Mar 24, 2017
safarigirl:
I doubt people discounted Echiejile much. He just wasn't noticed, if anyone was given slack it was Onazi and Musa, I barely saw anyone asking for Echiejile's exclusion leading up to this game

Me I saw o, alot of people have discounted Elderson, especially since his move to Gijon, he has been alot of people's worst super eagles player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pyrex23(m): 11:06am On Mar 24, 2017
Icon4s:

SS to who?
success probably.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:23am On Mar 24, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Here is the Official NFF report on the game........ smiley

...................................................…...................................................

Eagles, Lions battle to score draw in power game

Nigeria and Senegal played out a 1-1 draw in what was a brilliant advertisement of Africa’s renowned power game at The Hive in London on Thursday night.

2017 Africa Cup of Nations quarter finalists Senegal started hard and fast, hoping to browbeat the Super Eagles and get an early goal, but they encountered a Nigerian squad that refused to be intimidated and was ready to give as much as it received on the night.

Kelechi Iheanacho won the first corner kick after a good dribble run, but at the other end, Adama Mbengue and Idrissa Gueye combined brilliantly to rattle the Eagles’ defence, the latter’s header striking the upright with Daniel Akpeyi stranded.

From then, Gueye, Cheikh Kouyate, Opa Nguette, Cheikh Ndoye and Moussa Wague all combined to make Nigeria sweat, but the Eagles would have gone in front on the quarter hour mark after a delightful touch by Iheanacho freed Iwobi to set up Moses Simon, whose shot was charged down.

Nine minutes later, injury forced captain Ogenyi Onazi to exit the game, making way for the big John Ogu, who matched the Senegalese in size in the middle and somewhat provided food for thought for the Lions.

Akpeyi tipped over a goal –bound free kick by Senegal in the 27th minute, and five minutes later, Ahmed Musa forfeited an opportunity for Nigeria to go into the lead after wasting a glorious Ndidi, Ogu and Iheanacho onslaught.

In the 36th minute, Iheanacho streamed past the Lions’ defence, only to drag his shot too wide, and three minutes later, Akpeyi had to stretch full length to stop a fierce drive by Ndoye. Just before recess, Iheanacho missed narrowly at the end of a clever move by Iwobi and Moses Simon.

Senegal, who reached the 2002 FIFA World Cup quarter -finals, started the second half like a house on fire, winning a number of free kicks in the Eagles area. In the 54th minute, Moussa Sow profited from a poor punch of the ball by Akpeyi to blast the Lions into the lead.

Seconds later, Akpeyi had to be alert to palm away another fierce shot from the rampaging Lions, and Nguette came close again in the 58th minute. But the tenor of the game changed on the hour mark, after Nigeria brought in Oghenekaro Etebo for Iwobi and Moses Simon made way for Isaac Success.

Nigeria’s man-of-the-match Ndidi rattled Abdoulaye Diallo in the 62nd minute, and 15 minutes later, the former junior international’s clever pass enabled Success to cause anxiety in the Senegal box.

Four minutes later, Nigeria, who had won nine of 20 previous encounters with Senegal, were on level terms. Olanrewaju Kayode, who came in for Ahmed Musa in the 75th minute, burst into space to intercept the ball from the Senegalese, and then centred for Iheanacho, who drove past his marker but was brought down by Diallo. The Manchester City forward picked himself up to score from the spot.

Meanwhile, central defenders Leon Balogun and William Ekong paid close attention to Liverpool ace Sadio Mane, who came in as a substitute for the Lions late in the second half.

The Eagles effectively took over after the equalizer, and could have won when, two minutes into added time, the nimble –footed Ndidi cleverly won the ball on the left wing and found Iheanacho, whose shot narrowly skimmed away from goal.

On Monday, the Super Eagles, unbeaten since losing a Cup of Nations qualifying match to Egypt in Alexandria on 29th March 2016, will take on Burkina Faso’s Etalons at the same venue.

Source: http://www.thenff.com/2017/03/eagles-lions-battle-to-score-draw-in-power-game/

So, all the analyses of Iwobi, Simon and Kayode na fake. Mtcheww

I knew it hence the silence. grin

TheSuperNerd, how market? grin

Welcome!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pyrex23(m): 11:41am On Mar 24, 2017
any one thought about a 4-3-3 against burkina?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:54am On Mar 24, 2017
I don't know what you mean by fake but Iwobi struggled against Senegal... even though he had a one or two flashes of brilliance.

Simon too was not so impactful (even though he made a few runs and dribbles).

Kayode did good within the limited time he featured. He wasn't poor naa... did I report him as poor? no naa.... apart from his missed sitter (Iheanacho even missed more chances), He did great in attack with limited time.

And thanks ooooo..... "Market" well.... market is fine.... grin wink

forgiveness:

So, all the analyses of Iwobi, Simon and Kayode na fake. Mtcheww

I knew it hence the silence. grin

TheSuperNerd, how market? grin

Welcome!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by neighy(m): 11:55am On Mar 24, 2017
Icon4s:

SS to who?
are u saying we have no striker in camp
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:57am On Mar 24, 2017
But my hands are clean.... sad are they not? I follow for the estimated 95%? sad

BascoVanVeli:

Me I saw o, alot of people have discounted Elderson, especially since his move to Gijon, he has been alot of people's worst super eagles player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:59am On Mar 24, 2017
Interesting indeed.... this team just as you put it can also be slightly readjusted into a 4-2-3-1.... smiley

Can't wait for Monday.... smiley

But uhmmm... Ikeme may still not start.... let us wait and see shaa...

pyrex23:
any one thought about a 4-3-3 against burkina?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

But my hands are clean.... sad are they not? I follow for the estimated 95%? sad

Lol, I was not pointing fingers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
Just saw the Onazi tackle, knee to the back. Hope he is fit for Monday.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:12pm On Mar 24, 2017
Saw mine last night...... Honestly, This has to stop. Onazi always seem to be the target of Super Eagles opponents in physical duels.... it was Matuidi at the World cup... now it is Ndoye (I think?) just last night.... Onazi haff suffered... he is one player never afraid to dig it in in mortal combat soccer.....

tbaba1234:
Just saw the Onazi tackle, knee to the back. Hope he is fit for Monday.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:13pm On Mar 24, 2017
Okay...... smiley smiley smiley I am relieved now..... smiley

BascoVanVeli:

Lol, I was not pointing fingers.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:24pm On Mar 24, 2017
maidaboi:
bros senegal has better players so its a good scoreline for me
That's a myth. Senegal do not have better players than we do. Apart from Mane and to an extent Koulibaly I don't think I will pick anyone in their squad out of the lot.
Keita Balde have not gotten to the height his career promised as a teenager in Lazio. Henri Saviet used to be tagged the new Eto'o when he represented France at the U17 world cup.
Seriously, I don't get the hype about Senegal.
Even the much talked about Mane have not completed his first season at Liverpool. He's still building a reputation for himself gradually. As far as am concerned Caf got it wrong nominating him for the APOY. Salah should have been in company with Mahrez and Aubameyang not Mane.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:29pm On Mar 24, 2017
Mickael2:

guess who had a good game...why Ndidi of Course grin

guess who didn't have such a good game....why Onazi of coursegrin
I've read through some minute by minute account of the game from various sources and from what I gathered Onazi was heralded for playing a captain's game till he got injured.
You're not doing your reputation any good with some biased and prejudiced comments you've been making over the last few days.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
Senegal 1-1 Nigeria : Players Rating – MOTM Ndidi, Iwobi Flops, Top Marks For Ogu, Success & Iheanacho

The Super Eagles of Nigeria yesterday maintained their unbeaten run under coach Gernot Rohr by forcing the Teranga Lions of Senegal to a 1-1 draw in a friendly game played in London yesterday.

Owngoalnigeria.com's Michael James who watched the game live on behalf of this football portal gives his ratings on the performances of the Super Eagles players at The Hive Stadium.

Daniel Akpeyi – Could and should have done better in dealing with the corner kick which lead to the only goal scored by the Senegalese. Made some routine saves but looks unconvincing when it comes to reading corner kicks….. 6/10

Kenneth Omeruo – Preferred ahead of newly invited Tyroone Ebuehi to start at right back, and the on loan Chelsea man didn’t disappoint despite playing out of position. He was very solid in defending but added nothing in terms of joining the attack even when he had the chance…..6.5/10

Elderson Echiejile – Solid display, his best performance in a Super Eagles shirt for a while. Picked up a booking for a needful foul in the second half as Senegal threatened on the counter. One major flaw was his failure to join the attack owing to his abilities to whip in crosses…..7/10

Leon Balogun – Commander in Chief of the Eagles backline. Continued his “Oyibo Wall” partnership with William Troost Ekong at the heart of Nigeria defence,can partly be blamed for Moussa Sow’s goal. However the Mainz 05 man brings about calm, assuredness and organisation to the Eagles defence…..7/10.

William Troost Ekong – Very solid in duels, especially aerial battles although he looks unconvincing with the ball at his feet. Grew into the game in the second half and his physical edge helped him in putting Senegal’s front men in check…..7.5/10

Ogenyi Onazi – The stand in captain lasted just 25 minutes, no thanks to a knee kick to his back which lead to his substitution. For the period he was on, he displayed a willingness to get stuck in and didn’t shy away from physical duels…..4/10

Wilfred Ndidi (Man of The Match)- His touches ooze class, very solid in defending and quick in turning defence into attack, provoked memories of former Super Eagles captain Sunday Oliseh with the way he marshaled the midfield. Ndidi’s passing range has also improved beyond imagination in such a short time. Head and shoulders above every player on the pitch last night…..9/10

Alex Iwobi – Had a game to forget for Nigeria as he was guilty of giving away possession cheaply, and struggled to cope with the physical nature of the game. Was rightly substituted by coach Gernot Rohr in the second half…..5.5/10

Moses Simon – Came to life late into the first half when Nigeria dominated the game, did a whole lot of job defensively for his team, and troubled Senegal with his pace and dribbling abilities. Overall didn’t do too badly but can obviously do better…..7/10

Ahmed Musa – Kept aside all the drama that saw him relinquish his role as deputy captain of the team before the game, to deliver a very solid performance on the right for Nigeria. Used his pace to good effect at both ends of the pitch but finally ball often let him down. Substituted after picking a knock….. 7/10

Kelechi Iheanacho – Tucked the penalty that leveled scores for Nigeria with a shrug, guilty of denying Nigeria a clear chance to win the game when he opt to shoot where a pass would have seen Isacc Success tuck the ball into an empty net late into time added on. Showed quick feet to win the penalty which he converted and his deliveries from free kicks was another angle which caught the eyes…..7.5/10

Substitutes:

John Ogu – Big man, who thrives and loves aerial duels, helped Nigeria gained momentum following his introduction for the injured Onazi after 25 minutes. Combined nicely with Ndidi in the midfield, and shielded the defence from pressure. Ogu had his best game in a while for the Eagles, he looks very fit and mobile for his height and big frame…..8/10

Oghenekaro Etebo – Had Nigeria’s first attempt on target, loves to shoot and wants to always get on the ball. His introduction added pace and urgency to the attack of Nigeria which helped Iheanacho to drag Senegal defenders out of position with his runs behind the defence…..6.5/10

Olarenwaju Kayode – Brought in Pace, strength and determination to help out in defence and attack. Wasted a glorious header from ten yards to score, still did enough to earn a rating higher than average….. 6/10

Isaac Success – Beaten to the man of the match award by Wifred Ndidi by just a fraction. The Watford man showed he has what it takes to be a regular in this team. He went past Sengalese defenders with his mesmerising step overs, power and pace. Gave Kalidou Koulibaly a lot to worry about with his forays from the right. If only he can stay fit he will definitely be a regular in this team…..8.5/10

*Michael James reporting from London

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/03/24/senegal-1-1-nigeria-players-rating-motm-ndidi-iwobi-flops-top-marks-for-ogu-success-iheanacho/

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:35pm On Mar 24, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Akpeyi was quite good between the sticks. He made some good saves from Sow and Ndoye.

The goal sow scored wasn't entirely Akpeyi's fault. **he did fluff at the cross but also the positioning of the defenders caused it... and a little ding-dong in the area permitted Sow to convert**

And yeah.... Iwobi was poor. I am not necessarily making excuses for him but only stating that it will take him time to adjust his game to the extreme physical demands of African football.... Especially with die hard teams like Cameroun and Senegal who have defenders and midfielders who don't give a damn or know what the word, "smile" is....

Iwobi is bigger than Nacho in size although Nacho is slightly taller than he is. But Nacho copped well against Koulibaly and co.... Nacho grew up in Nigeria here naa and played street football which most times involves "jam body" hard soccer and playing against bigger boys.... but Iwobi grew up under "Air condition" kinda football environment.... (lemme just call it that).

So it will take him some time shaa.... Iwobi is still one of our very best and most impactful game-changing players.

Good to know Akpeyi was in good form. We need a strong deputy for Ikeme since its almost a given we rely on him because of illness. I hope Akpeyi gets to play the next game. He needs all the confidence he can get before the Afcon qualifiers.
I hope to see him start against South Africa, am sure he will be geared up and extra motivated to shut out the Bafana.

Iwobi really need to get his head back in the game. I don't want to believe his latina girlfriend is responsible for his slide in form.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:39pm On Mar 24, 2017
I hope the next game will be aired. I do not understand why there was no decent link for the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:45pm On Mar 24, 2017
Alex Iwobi tells Arsenal fans to show more respect to Arsene Wenger - and insists players are behind him

Sections of the Arsenal support have protested against Wenger's reign but the boss is expected to sign a new contract

Alex Iwobi has told Arsenal fans that they need to show some respect to Arsene Wenger.

The under-pressure Gunners chief is set to announce his decision on whether he will sign a new contract at the Emirates.

"They need to have a bit more respect in my opinion," Iwobi told the Daily Mail. "I mean, he's been at the club for 20 years, he's achieved a lot, obviously they're a bit impatient with the results and where they want to finish.

"We also want to finish there, we want to win the league like anyone else, I can guarantee we are trying our hardest.

"Whatever happens we are the players, we affect the result. We don't really look at the banners or what fans are screaming, we focus on trying to do our jobs on the pitch."
The Gunners are at serious risk of missing out on the top four for the first time since 1996 as they currently sit sixth in the standings.

They are six points adrift of fourth-place Liverpool, but have two games in hand.

Arsenal still have to come up against some of their closest rivals before the end of this season, with Manchester City, Tottenham, Manchester United and Everton games still to be played.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:50pm On Mar 24, 2017
I agree with you on wanting Akpeyi to star in the next game on Monday. Ikeme have nothing more to prove to us... he is our no.1 by far now.... but Akpeyi needs to build on his good showing against Senegal.

As for Iwobi and his love life.... maybe Our Lady, Safarigirl can help us out as she knows what Iwobi is usually up to on snapchats et al... she is more like our eagle eye on Iwobi .... wink

But you are right.... Iwobi will respond to your charge.... most times I don't worry when Iwobi flops because I know he always come back stronger... and does so sooner too..... the lad has a fantastic mentality.... smiley

goldfish80:

Good to know Akpeyi was in good form. We need a strong deputy for Ikeme since its almost a given we rely on him because of illness. I hope Akpeyi gets to play the next game. He needs all the confidence he can get before the Afcon qualifiers.
I hope to see him start against South Africa, am sure he will be geared up and extra motivated to shut out the Bafana.

Iwobi really need to get his head back in the game. I don't want to believe his latina girlfriend is responsible for his slide in form.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:55pm On Mar 24, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

I agree with you on wanting Akpeyi to star in the next game on Monday. Ikeme have nothing more to prove to us... he is our no.1 by far now.... but Akpeyi needs to build on his good showing against Senegal.

As for Iwobi and his love life.... maybe Our Lady, Safarigirl can help us out as she knows what Iwobi is usually up to on snapchats et al... she is more like our eagle eye on Iwobi .... wink

But you are right.... Iwobi will respond to your charge.... most times I don't worry when Iwobi flops because I know he always come back stronger... and does so sooner too..... the lad has a fantastic mentality.... smiley

What about Ezenwa? He should also show that he is worth the call-up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:58pm On Mar 24, 2017
Saw some super Eagles videos of their drive to the stadium.. Lots of dancing. Isaac Success is hyper.. Ogu, Onazi leaders..

Iheanacho is a clown.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 1:09pm On Mar 24, 2017
@TheSuperNerd.
You once stated the Mikel has 37 assist for the Eagles. How did you get the fact?
I need it for arguement sake.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:11pm On Mar 24, 2017
Well.... About Ezenwa.... hmmmm.... too bad we can only have one goalie between the sticks per game... but if Rohr is aligned to your thoughts to try out Ezenwa against the burkinabe then expect Akpeyi to make way but I feel Akpeyi should start for momentum's sake.

Ikeme should be rested even if declared fit... June is not far off... and we are approaching the end of the football season.

tbaba1234:

What about Ezenwa? He should also show that he is worth the call-up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:13pm On Mar 24, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Well.... About Ezenwa.... hmmmm.... too bad we can only have one goalie between the sticks per game... but if Rohr is aligned to your thoughts to try out Ezenwa against the burkinabe then expect Akpeyi to make way but I feel Akpeyi should start for momentum's sake.

Ikeme should be rested even if declared fit... June is not far off... and we are approaching the end of the football season.

He should not just be collecting camp allowance. He should show that he is up to the task if called upon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:37pm On Mar 24, 2017
I got it from a source that was at first hard to access and now It will take me time to recall.... but then I saw it again on cybereagles forum...

here is the Link to the discussion... Mikel's 37th assist came against Algeria. smiley

http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=276276

The analyst there provided no links or source....

I believe a proper dissection of all of Mikel's games in the green and white will confirm it for sure but at the time I dropped the info... it was pretty authentic to me.... just hard to recover the source.

Mind you, Mikel has like 78 caps now for The Super Eagles.... I didn't include the Olympic team ooo.... just the Super Eagles....

Certitude:
@TheSuperNerd.
You once stated the Mikel has 37 assist for the Eagles. How did you get the fact?
I need it for arguement sake.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:41pm On Mar 24, 2017
safarigirl:
Success

I believe my starting line-up yesterday had Kelechi and Success starting together

Meanwhile, Oga Icon, those senior citizens on the other thread need to come down to 2017 with the rest of us. They should stop obsessing over Yekini, imagine them saying Kelechi cannot break Yekini's record.

Biko, was it not a record that was made when there was no offside? They say Kelechi is too wasteful, the stats don't reflect that....even when he wastes, he certainly makes up for it. Not like Yekini was scoring hat tricks every game

Some people should sha stop feeling old with themselves. If a player at 20 already has 6 goals in about 10 games or less for us, I don't see how he can't break a 37-goal record at 25

So where do u want Iheanacho to play. Or better still Suggest ur preferred front line.

As for the Yekini-Iheanacho talk.
IMO it is still too early to make that comparison. There are several uncertainties in football. Let Iheanacho hit the 20 goal mark first. Then we assess the possibility.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
NPFL Allstars are up 1-0 against Sundowns youth team in the future champions cup.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (16203) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheGoodJoe(m), caprikon, Enoughpull, RichardKajola(m), Pidginwhisper and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.