Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,215 members, 7,839,136 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11801963 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9257) (9258) (9259) (9260) (9261) (9262) (9263) ... (16209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:13am On Aug 16, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

At least you can see how high his rating was. He played well.

Finito.

The fraud still has you on hold, your eyes will open soon

#Exposethefraud
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 1:23am On Aug 16, 2020
How Lyon finished in far away 7th position in the just concluded French Ligue Un is still a surprise to me. Why?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:24am On Aug 16, 2020
Clementoke:
How Lyon finished in far away 7th position in the just concluded French Ligue is still a surprise to me. Why?

People still underrate other leagues. There is a growth in football and the gaps are closing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 3:12am On Aug 16, 2020
i think coronavirous have greatly come to affect football... it is evident in the results coming out from the champions league....

i think playing a one legged knockout game on a neutral ground without the comfort of home,advantage or the fans etc are really impacting football... no advantages whatsoever from any factor, its simply bores down to how good you are against the other team.... Barca don finish, normal, but i dont think barca will lose 8-2 to bayern at the camp nou....

brace up for more upset in football..... yanch of many teams will be opened.... BARCA, MAN CITY

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:07am On Aug 16, 2020
Starboytwo:
i think coronavirous have greatly come to affect football... it is evident in the results coming out from the champions league....

i think playing a one legged knockout game on a neutral ground without the comfort of home,advantage or the fans etc are really impacting football... no advantages whatsoever from any factor, its simply bores down to how good you are against the other team.... Barca don finish, normal, but i dont think barca will lose 8-2 to bayern at the camp nou....

brace up for more upset in football..... yanch of many teams will be opened.... BARCA, MAN CITY
Just a one off, normalcy will return next season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 5:16am On Aug 16, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Go back and read my quotes. I have gone as far as describing Guardiola's tactics as a show of shame. During the match, from the first half, I made my stance clear that tactically we were off and Lyon were sound.

However, Guardiola made some corrections, we were on the front foot but the refs/uefa decided to hand Lyon an illegitimate goal. Which is disappointing.
Ur assertion that a gang up was part of the reason City lost almost makes it look like you looking for an excuse for a team that was not good enough on the night....the Uefa/Ref gang-up was not the reason Sterling missed a sitter. City were undone by a fitter and superior Lyon team. These Referees’ decisions can go either ways most times. If a team does its job right and effectively,it can negate some seemingly poor referee’s judgement. I dont beleive in conspiracy theory in football,it is the easiest excuse a team can put up for a defeat!

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 7:20am On Aug 16, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

They knew what they did. It is no more whether there is an agenda against City. It is there. Let them enjoy their Champions League.

So quotes from City fans.

We were dog shit for 90% of the time , but ffs how did that 2nd goal stand .....because we won the appeal....we were never gonna be allowed to win.They were just waiting....just fecking waiting

If you think Uefa would have let us lift the trophy you are deluded. The foul on Laporte didn't need to go to Var it was that obvious, but the goal stood.
Best we went out now, as if we had reached the final we would be tearing our hair out at the injustices UEFA would have inflicted on us

Bayern, UEFA and Der Spiegel Couldn’t beat us in the courts but when they hold the cards and make up the rules they fecked us over.
BENT AS feck.

Shit performance but UEFA/referees/VAR give our opponents a goal or two headstart every year, before we look at the advantages they get around the ground.

We knew there'd be a VAR against us (its like buying money) but FFS our set up was shambolic.
Too much respect to the opposition from pep yet again. If we really want to win it and become a noise then feckin spend and don't give a feck what anybody thinks. feck UEFA and their bollocks rules. THE rags are debited to feck yet make headlines on our much spending power they have.

Sterling scores and I think UEFa fecks us somehow anyway...

Say what you want about how shit we were in that first half and how wasteful we were in the second half but we were the team looking more likely to score a second until that corrupt VAR call.

Let’s not forget we were cheated yet again for their 2nd.
We were well in control and we’re going for the winner,
We bossed that 2nd half until that shit VAR cnuts decision the dirty bastards!
I said a long time ago, we are good enough to win it but we won’t be let win it!

UEFA GOT WHAT THEY WANTED

You shout Gang up, Gang up against city everytime they lose. Aren't you ashamed?

Look at a poor Lyon team you couldn't beat or decimate

Was gang up the reason why Cornet wasn't given a clean penalty?

Was gang up the reason Sterling couldn't score a tap in?

Was gang up the reason Man city couldn't score atleast 5 goals against lyon?

Please spare me the bullshit....

Man city were poor as in very poor last night

Lyon second goal was a very clean goal... It wasn't offside neither was it a foul

If it was, Cornets push in a the 18yard was a clear penalty. Var didn't even revisit it after lyons' screams....

If there was any gang up, Cornets' penalty denial was it

Minor wrong calls happen all the time in football, sometimes it favours you, ...other times it doesn't.... Eventually over the course of a season, these wrong calls even out.

But to remove all doubts,.. Be ruthless like Bayern was against Barca and no amount of wrong calls will shake you.

Take your loss in peace

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 7:32am On Aug 16, 2020
Please which of you have info about the nairaland FPL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:33am On Aug 16, 2020
realpoacher:

Just shut up!
take a pill you'll be alright
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hanibal(m): 8:38am On Aug 16, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

You think there was no agenda when they banned City from the champions league? It is beyond coincidence. It happens every year now. Did you not see Llorente last season? You think it is a coincidence that back to back we are going out with clear bias from var.
Then get rid of Guardiola
Maybe city is reaping what Guardiola sow when he was winning the champions league unfairly year after year at Barca.
Ghost Penalties, and Ghost red cards helped Guardiola win every champions league trophy he won at Barca... None was won fairly.
Those days I remember Barca was called UEFALONA, the annoying thing about Pep back then was when he wins with an unfair penalty, or by getting an opposition player sent off for no reason, instead of staying humble, he'll go to press conference scratching his bald head forming Albert Einstein of football.

Guardiola and his fan boys should suck it up and move on, what you sow you shall reap!

Make una know as e dey pain people at the receiving end of those unfair calls in favor of Barca and Guardiola back then.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 8:51am On Aug 16, 2020
Hanibal:

Then get rid of Guardiola
Maybe city is reaping what Guardiola sow when he was winning the champions league unfairly year after year at Barca.
Ghost Penalties, and Ghost red cards helped Guardiola win every champions league trophy he won at Barca... None was won fairly.
Those days I remember Barca was called UEFALONA, the annoying thing about Pep back then was when he wins with an unfair penalty, or by getting an opposition player sent off for no reason, instead of staying humble, he'll go to press conference scratching his bald head forming Albert Einstein of football.

Guardiola and his fan boys should suck it up and move on, what you sow you shall reap!

Make una know as e dey pain people at the receiving end of those unfair calls in favor of Barca and Guardiola back then.

Please tell him.....

Also ask him what Van persie did to deserve a red card at Camp nou when Arsenal were trying to put up a decent fight many seasons ago when he was sent off for doing nothing wrong

Walai his constant ranting since last season is getting on my nerves
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 8:53am On Aug 16, 2020
Excuses upon excuses. If you had played your normal game? Man, where do you come from en? What does that even mean? You got undone by a less talented Lyon team. Such an overrated gaffer in Guardiola. He was handed a fairly easy match up and he fumbled it. Shaking my head at your unnecessary attention to details.
TheGoodJoe:

Very precise.

I did not even take note of the foul but as for the offside, the player was definitely interfering with play. If the ball went in front of him, it could be allowed but stepping over the ball is offside and Dembele fouled Laporte. No two ways about it.

The fact is that if we played our normal game, this would have been a routine win. Guardiola also let us down.

“Surely he can’t give that!” exclaimed Steve McManaman on BT Sport commentary.

“I was very surprised the contact wasn’t given as a foul, especially as the consequences were the player who instigated that potential foul went on to score the goal. He had a material impact in that decision – so I am surprised that wasn’t given as a foul.”
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 8:59am On Aug 16, 2020
E, i am sorry to say this but you seem to be talking like a secondary school student. grin. You have a lot to learn bro. Quite a lot. I am quite dissapointed in this submission. I sincerely hope this is just another flippant internet comment. I sincerely hope this is not what you believe. The last time i checked the ultimate purpose of participating in this tournaments is to win, at least for the top teams. The man spent 100 of millions only to get outlasted by a less talented Lyon.
@Edopesin, @andrewsbaba44, come and help this man out oooo. He needs help.
jihday:
No, playing defensive football is easy and means the coach doesn't know anything, it's better to loose 8-2 than pack bus and win 1-0 via a counter attacking goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:01am On Aug 16, 2020
benji93:
E, i am sorry to say this but you seem to be talking like a secondary school student. grin. You have a lot to learn bro. Quite a lot. I am quite dissapointed in this submission. It's better to lose. i sincerely hope this is just another flippant internet comment. I sincerely hope this is not what you believe. The last time i checked the ultimate purpose of participating in this tournaments is to win, at least for the top teams.
If you've been in this place long enough you'll know it's sarcasm, anyway ask Barça fans they'll tell you they are happy they had the bulk of the possession the defeat is a learning curve they'll be back
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 9:04am On Aug 16, 2020
Ah i did place a caveat. grin. I take it back then. I think say you too don start to dey follow @TheGoodJoe. grin
jihday:
If you've been in this place long enough you'll know it's sarcasm, anyway ask Barça fans they'll tell you they are happy they had the bulk of the possession the defeat is a learning curve they'll be back

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 9:07am On Aug 16, 2020
@andrewbaba44, make you people just sell Messi to mancity. He really needs the GOAT to win another champions league. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:13am On Aug 16, 2020
thegoodjoe dey disappoint me sha

Your arguments are illogical and lack validity upon close scrutiny

Chai, i didn't know you'll stoop so low as to entertain thoughts of conspiracy bodering on unintelligent conclusions

Once again, I am disappointed..but what can one expect from a fanboy of fraudiola

Take a cue from andrewbaba44 and take your L in peace, suck it up and move on.

Nobody likes crybabies

Shebi your entertaining football has brought you one carling cup after spending huge on transfers grin grin

You're lucky you didn't go trophyless cheesy

Abi, EPL has an agenda against City too

You must be the most delusional sports fan on Nairaland now

Argue with me and expect more killshots

angry angry angry angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:19am On Aug 16, 2020
Blueelf:

Chai, i didn't know you'll stoop so low as to entertain thoughts of conspiracy bodering on unintelligent conclusions

Once again, I am disappointed..but what can one expect from a fanboy of fraudiola

Nobody likes crybabies

Shebi your entertaining football has brought you one carling cup after spending huge on transfers grin grin

angry angry angry angry

Well I told some of you mancity will not win the champions league earlier ,I just felt so

I wasn’t expecting them to loose to Lyon thou ,even if they past Lyon I don’t see them winning Bayern Munich

There is no L to take bro

No English team is taking the champions league and that’s my happiness

I will enjoy the semi finals with free mind

If Bayern wins it ,I will be so happy for Coutinho ,at least he will boast that he didn’t regret leaving Liverpool with that ,and I’d psg wins it then I will be so happy for Neymar also grin

If na leipzig or lyon then it’s also good for European football grin

No stressing my broda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:23am On Aug 16, 2020
benji93:
@andrewbaba44, make you people just sell Messi to mancity. He really needs the GOAT to win another champions league. grin

He has 2 champions league and many achievement ,many coaches will pray to have what he has achieve and they might not have it till they end their coaching career so it’s painful cheesy

It’s not easy to use the goat to win the champions league as you have seen how Barca could not utilize that since ,take a clue from last season bottling

Guardiola has 2 champions league and you can’t take it away from him

All English teams are out just as the Spanish so there will be no noise grin

Come next season laliga will still be rated the best league in the world

Nobody should come and insult the French league here anymore ,as a 7th place team from France best one of the most feared English team grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:30am On Aug 16, 2020
It's been a while but I have finally forgiven him

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:37am On Aug 16, 2020
JayromWrites:

What about Walker's push in the 18' box against Cornet?

Exactly, that was a clear pen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:37am On Aug 16, 2020
Edopesin:
It's been a while but I have finally forgiven him

Yakubus own is more closer and simpler angry grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 9:41am On Aug 16, 2020
elyte89:

Yakubus own is more closer and simpler angry grin
Both are the same. Nothing like Simpler and Closer. Both are tap-ins
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:42am On Aug 16, 2020
Subzero047:

I admit he didn't have the worst of his games but he had one shot on target, one, if Aguero had one shot on target he had a horrendous game

And the Sterling chance was not magical it was a misplaced shot, I will continue to do the Lord's work until this fraud is exposed

That was clearly a pass. A perfect one at that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:47am On Aug 16, 2020
Blueelf:

Nobody likes crybabies

angry angry angry angry
What are you saying? UEFA don't want the sheikhs to win it, they fear they will use the cup for money laundering and also traffic cocaine
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:49am On Aug 16, 2020
benji93:
Ah i did place a caveat. grin. I take it back then. I think say you too don start to dey follow @TheGoodJoe. grin
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:49am On Aug 16, 2020
Newly-appointed Trabzonspor coach of Nigerian parentage, Eddie Newton is eyeing a summer swoop for Liverpool midfielder Ovie Ejaria, according reports in the Turkish media.

Trabzonspor are in the market for a central midfielder as a replacement for Argentina international Jose Sosa.

The management of Trabzonspor has asked Newton to draw up a shortlist of candidates to replace Sosa and the former Chelsea midfielder has recommended the signing of Ejaria, according to Fotospor.

The 2017 England U20 World Cup-winning midfielder, who has switched his international allegiance to the Super Eagles, spent the whole of last season on loan at Reading and was at his best, scoring three goals and setting up five others in 36 Championship games.

It is unlikely Liverpool will agree to sell Ejaria to Trabzonspor who have Financial Fair Play concerns to worry about, so a loan deal will suit the two clubs.

A product of the Arsenal Academy, Ejaria has been on the books of Liverpool since 2014 and has played eight games for the current European champions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:51am On Aug 16, 2020
andrewbaba44:

He has 2 champions league and many achievement ,many coaches will pray to have what he has achieve and they might not have it till they end their coaching career so it’s painful cheesy

It’s not easy to use the goat to win the champions league as you have seen how Barca could not utilize that since ,take a clue from last season bottling

Guardiola has 2 champions league and you can’t take it away from him

All English teams are out just as the Spanish so there will be no noise grin

Come next season laliga will still be rated the best league in the world

Nobody should come and insult the French league here anymore ,as a 7th place team from France best one of the most feared English team grin
Enrique undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:54am On Aug 16, 2020
jihday:
Enrique undecided

What about velverde that was close last season after Beating Liverpool 3-0 in the first leg semi finals ?

The goat was on fire last season that he had to take the ballon d or
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:56am On Aug 16, 2020
andrewbaba44:

What about velverde that was close last season after Beating Liverpool 3-0 in the first leg semi finals ?

The goat was on fire last season that he had to take the ballon d or
Chei, valverde fumble sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:58am On Aug 16, 2020
jihday:
Chei, valverde fumble sha

Thank you

Velverde wey we barca fans Dey insult made laliga looks so easy that he lost only 1 game in a season ,dude was almost unbeaten

Barca where favorite to win last season champions league the way Bayern are the favorites now till Liverpool gave us the biggest shock
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Provoker(m): 10:02am On Aug 16, 2020
Danielnino00:

If u reason well enough, u will know that there's something called "rivalry" in football...

You think Man Utd, Chelsea,Man City and arsenal fans supported Liverpool to win the champions league?
lol I just didn't want to reply him. I could care less about the laliga better than epl talk. I don't want city winning the ucl likewise I support Sevilla today. It's just a rivalry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9257) (9258) (9259) (9260) (9261) (9262) (9263) ... (16209) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Zellas, opes, Ajd19, Alfryd, joelsteron and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.