Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,741 members, 7,837,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (515) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11795609 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (16203) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 2:26pm On Feb 02, 2017
PetroDolla3:
You people are pathetic! Ghana no gree pessimism hear word,huh? You've forgotten Ghana has won the title 4 times already, compared with a miserable two for your pathetic country? Nonsense! And who gives a fvcking who you prefer or who you don't prefer. Ghana will win the trophy, if it the will of God. All of you Nigerians can pray for Ghana to lose, we don'T give a fvck!

Dude! He can support whoever he wants, just like you can. He stated his preference with reasons and even included a smiley to show his good faith. You on the other hand had to result to insulting a whole nation because someone else doesn't have the same preference like you do. What is that? "My way or you are pathetic?" Please grow up. There are many many Nigerians who still want Ghana to win by the way. Each to his own preference.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:39pm On Feb 02, 2017
tglobal:

Dude! He can support whoever he wants, just like you can. He stated his preference with reasons and even included a smiley to show his good faith. You on the other hand had to result to insulting a whole nation because someone else doesn't have the same preference like you do. What is that? "My way or you are pathetic?" Please grow up. There are many many Nigerians who still want Ghana to win by the way. Each to his own preference.
Petrodolla is a frustrated Ghanaian, pay him no mind.

Na today Ghana dey enter AFCON Semis? Even when trophy dey their front, they still find a way to tank everything.

Like say na we be the origin of their 34-year old drought grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:40pm On Feb 02, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I understand that but we should remember the big role City played in the development of Iheanacho. It is not yet over. Sane worked his way back into the squad and Iheanacho can do so.

Until then Man city is dead to me. Has Sane scored over 20 goals for city? The boy deserves some respect. To me Pep is proving Ibra right, the man is a snake.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ucheo: 2:41pm On Feb 02, 2017
Kelechi Iheanacho dropped from CL squad. U guys shoud stop over hyping him. We have better players that are even regulars in a good club please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PetroDolla3: 2:46pm On Feb 02, 2017
I repeat, I don't give a fvck if Nigerians support Ghana or not. Why should I? Let the will of God prevail. You can take your 'support' and shove it................ Tweeaaaaaaaa!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:48pm On Feb 02, 2017
PetroDolla3:
You people are pathetic! Ghana no gree pessimism hear word,huh? You've forgotten Ghana has won the title 4 times already, compared with a miserable two for your pathetic country? Nonsense! And who gives a fvcking who you prefer or who you don't prefer. Ghana will win the trophy, if it the will of God. All of you Nigerians can pray for Ghana to lose, we don'T give a fvck!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PetroDolla3: 2:52pm On Feb 02, 2017
safarigirl:

Na today Ghana dey enter AFCON Semis? Even when trophy dey their front, they still find a way to tank everything.

don't start what you know you can' t finish,huh? I will pretend I didn't see the nonsense you wrote this time,huh?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PetroDolla3: 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2017
Icon4s:

And who gives a fvck about a f00l like you?!mudder fuggers!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

No need for all the antagonism and hate. He even put a smiley on the comment which shows nothing malicious. Calm down and I wish your country the best today. I am a fan of Andre Ayew and his tears in the final against the Ivorians brought back the '92 finals memories against the same Ivorians.

One love.

You don't know that guy? grin

It simply means they have been monitoring this thread all these while. Just a simple mention of Ghana and you see him breathing hard grin

Watch out for his compatriots. grin

modified: I don't throw insults so there is no way I would have made the comment quoted above.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:57pm On Feb 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd abeg borrow me that your gun.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:01pm On Feb 02, 2017
safarigirl:

I know you will know him and his cohorts. grin

Those guys grin

They have still not grown up. grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 3:03pm On Feb 02, 2017
PetroDolla3:
I repeat, I don't give a fvck if Nigerians support Ghana or not. Why should I? Let the will of God prevail. You can take your 'support' and shove it................ Tweeaaaaaaaa!

Your aggression on the thread suggests otherwise....whatever gets you through the day though! Goodluck tonight!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:05pm On Feb 02, 2017
Icon4s:

oga icon please ignore the irrelevant one he is just seeking attention. he is still suffering from the ill effects of the accumulated toxic dust of their trophy cabinet. abeg let's discuss better things
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:07pm On Feb 02, 2017
Sir Komekn loves Dembele of Celtic so much... smiley

I am an admirer of Dembele's talents also actually but ehmmm... Something tells me Sir Komekn is Dembele's Uncle... grin

TheGoodJoe:

The way you guys talk about this Dembele, it seems he is lighting the World on fire. 9 goals in 21 league games is awful, especially, when you consider he is playing at Scotland.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:13pm On Feb 02, 2017
Wait.... shocked What??

[img]http://1.bp..com/-EhqByaLhZoc/UQh40r0q7iI/AAAAAAAAFqU/TbRmC6LrEnE/s1600/3sryon.jpg[/img]

The Archguardian of our royal house is angry.... angry Who dares defies his authority??!!!!! Who?? angry

Coz he won't ask for a gun just like that..... shocked shocked

Icon4s:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:17pm On Feb 02, 2017
Chaaaiiiiiiii....... Somebori plss catch me... *faints*

chrisooblog:

oga icon please ignore the irrelevant one he is just seeking attention. he is still suffering from the ill effects of the accumulated toxic dust of their trophy cabinet. abeg let's discuss better things
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2017

PetroDolla3:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:38pm On Feb 02, 2017
Sir Komekn... smiley Actually I get your point on Bassey's move.

To be honest, I don't expect him to make it to the first team of FC Barcelona (not saying he cannot ooo... Just saying I don't expect that to happen but still anything is possible in football with dedication and hardwork). wink

You made mention of Ekpolor. What about Adama Traore?? He's now doing well for himself at Middlesborough in the EPL. Barca B was a huge stepping stone for him.

You and I know how famed Barca's la masia and feeder team system is globally. They are the most reputed in the world. So training in such environment may land one among the stars if he eventually doesn't hit the moon.

I think that is what can happen to Bassey. He can use this move to barca B to launch himself to some good or modestly good European team. He can chart his course from here. It is not a bad move but more of a step in the right direction for his exposure and experience.

Besides, this is a product of the LMC/NPFL-La Liga BBVA partnership. Come on Sir... Look on the bright side... smiley

P.S: To answer the bolded then... I will say "Yes it is a good move". But what he does with such opportunity is up to him.

komekn:

You really think that's a good move for him?

Barcelona buys multi million pound proven exceptionally talented players at all levels, as a consequence you can easily get lost and forgotten if you are in the B team.

Godswill Ekpolo is 21 played with Barcelona for 2 years with the B team. He is currently playing Kick and follow at Fleetwood Town fc in the English league one, NUFF SAID.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:45pm On Feb 02, 2017
chrisooblog:

Me ke?

Who get that one time?

Better to ignore.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:46pm On Feb 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Wait.... shocked What??

[img]http://1.bp..com/-EhqByaLhZoc/UQh40r0q7iI/AAAAAAAAFqU/TbRmC6LrEnE/s1600/3sryon.jpg[/img]

The Archguardian of our royal house is angry.... angry Who dares defies his authority??!!!!! Who?? angry

Coz he won't ask for a gun just like that..... shocked shocked

The guy no reach who go make me angry. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:48pm On Feb 02, 2017
ucheo:
Kelechi Iheanacho dropped from CL squad . U guys shoud stop over hyping him. We have better players that are even regulars in a good club please.

Please can some one verify the authenticity of this news?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 4:19pm On Feb 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Exclusive + Pics – Ezekiel Dazzles In Training
With Barcelona, Club Extends His Stay By Three Weeks

Barcelona latest recruit Ezekiel Bassey gave a
good impression of himself in his first training
session with the team, Owngoalnigeria.com can
exclusively reveal.

The 20 year old completed his move to the team on an initial six months loan deal with the option of a permanent deal at the end of the current season yesterday, and distinguished himself during training with the B team.

Coach of the team Gerard Lopez told the local
press in Spain, that Bassey is a technical player
who will get better in the nearest future. Some
players of the first team who came in early for
their training gave him hugs and commendations as well.

His performances has made the team extend his stay in Spain by three weeks to enable him settle into the plans of the B team, squashing plans of his planned return to Nigeria on Saturday.

He was supposed to return to Nigeria to begin his visa and work permit process, but while the
process will still go on, Bassey will only be given a five days break to return to Nigeria and pick his work permit when it comes through.

Upon his return he is expected to walk straight
into the B team for league games in the third
division, where his performances will be
monitored for promotion to the first team.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/01/exclusive-pics-ezekiel-dazzles-in-training-with-barcelona-club-extends-his-stay-by-three-weeks/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Exclusive + Pics – Ezekiel Dazzles In Training
With Barcelona, Club Extends His Stay By Three Weeks

Barcelona latest recruit Ezekiel Bassey gave a
good impression of himself in his first training
session with the team, Owngoalnigeria.com can
exclusively reveal.

The 20 year old completed his move to the team on an initial six months loan deal with the option of a permanent deal at the end of the current season yesterday, and distinguished himself during training with the B team.

Coach of the team Gerard Lopez told the local
press in Spain, that Bassey is a technical player
who will get better in the nearest future. Some
players of the first team who came in early for
their training gave him hugs and commendations as well.

His performances has made the team extend his stay in Spain by three weeks to enable him settle into the plans of the B team, squashing plans of his planned return to Nigeria on Saturday.

He was supposed to return to Nigeria to begin his visa and work permit process, but while the
process will still go on, Bassey will only be given a five days break to return to Nigeria and pick his work permit when it comes through.

Upon his return he is expected to walk straight
into the B team for league games in the third
division, where his performances will be
monitored for promotion to the first team.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/01/exclusive-pics-ezekiel-dazzles-in-training-with-barcelona-club-extends-his-stay-by-three-weeks/
i hope he get a permanent deal after his 6 months loan
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 4:24pm On Feb 02, 2017
goldfish80:
Congratulations to Egypt and Hossam El hardary. The young man El hardary makes it to another final yet again.

I've always rated the Egyptians to reach the finals but I don't see them winning the trophy. I expect the curse of Hector Cuper to strike again. The man seems to have pissed on a sacred grave,akin to the curse of Benefica.
I will be betting against Egypt on the showpiece game smiley

I like the looks of Bertrand Traore. The young man is so talented. Hope he goes on to have a better career than his injury prone brother Alan Traore. Watching him reminds me of the Iheanacho I saw who burst into the scene. Chelsea have a player there but unfortunately I don't see him getting the chances his talent deserves at Chelsea.
egypt is winning the trophy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:26pm On Feb 02, 2017
PetroDolla3:

You and your likes that gave the F*ucks went that way

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:35pm On Feb 02, 2017
A move to Barcelona "B" team is better than a move to some of these obscure leagues. At Barça, Bassey can make good use of the 'World Class's training facilities. The exposure to quality coaching personnel and players is an experience that is so important to a young player like him.

Who knows? He may one day break into the XI of Barça or better still get a good offer from any of the good Clubs in Europe, with hard work and dedication.

To this I say good move.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:37pm On Feb 02, 2017
enomakos:
egypt is winning the trophy
Egypt all the way

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:45pm On Feb 02, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Until then Man city is dead to me. Has Sane scored over 20 goals for city? The boy deserves some respect. To me Pep is proving Ibra right, the man is a snake.

I agree with you in terms of respect. Nacho in a such time has contributed to the growth of City. His goals played a big part in us qualifying for the Champions League last season.

I hope the Cityzens spark the love again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:54pm On Feb 02, 2017
chrisooblog:
i agree with you that kelechi needs to change clubs now that it seems pep doesn't fancy him but i don't believe the trio of sane gabriel jesus and especially sterling are so much better than iheanacho. alot of us still forget that this is kelechi's second season as a full fledged professional player these other guys have had years of exposure and experience so i think its a big plus to iheanacho that he's done so much in so little time. looking at sane yes he's very good but what has he done in football that has surpassed kelechi? had a good season with schakle last term was called into the german national team for the euros in france didn't feature much so achievement wise nothing earth shattering, sterling decent player did ok at liverpool but like most english players a product of hype hasn't done much in the national team and truth be told hasn't set the world alight in man city just benefiting from prolonged playing time due to his huge transfer fee as for gabriel well he might turn out to be a very good footballer but if he is still the one i watched play in the olympics for brazil that neymar dragged to the gold medal then i comment my reserve. but pep na one kind pesin sha someone sacrificed personal chance to go to olympics and shine instead stayed to under go your special ''drills'' you pushed to the curb yet the one wey no learn special ''drills'' wey go olympics expose himself pep come hug am say yes you are the chosen one. hmmm ok o

I understand your anger and it is confusing. I expected Pep Guardiola to reward Iheanacho's hard work. We are seeing a young man totally transform his playing style to suit Pep's philosophy. The reward is getting frozen out.

Either way, Iheanacho improved tremendously and has what it takes to have a great career.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:58pm On Feb 02, 2017
Icon4s:

Please can some one verify the authenticity of this news?

Iheanacho can not get dropped because he qualifiers as one of the Home grown U21 players. Guardiola will not list him as one of the Champions League players because of the Unlimited slot for home grown U21 players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:05pm On Feb 02, 2017
Sha, If Ghana wins the AFCON, I will feel happy for them. The celebration there will be huge. Then my Homie Andre Ayew will not cry again.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:13pm On Feb 02, 2017
Eyahh. Senegal 92 must have flashed threw Andre's head after they lost to the Ivorians. Oya Icon4s, give Ghana support.

Are you not a sympathetic somebody? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (16203) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Goke7, Friday03, Bbdot(m), Giv3n, mank1234(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.