Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900223 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by amanda0: 8:11pm On Jun 12, 2016
wolefola:
@ amanda0,I used dr xydas.You do not have a choice but to use the hospital's pead group whilst you and ur baby are still in the hospital,dey wnt allow external pead to come and attend to the baby whilst u are still in d hospital. The hospitals pediatrician will just walk in to attend to the baby for d number of days u are dia or at least 4 2days.You will need to choose a pead after u av been discharged 4 a follow up 4 d baby.The pku is required to be done on d baby at birth den anoda one at 2weeks wch u can choose to do at the hospital lab or somwia else,d result will be sent to the pead u choose after u av been discharged. I hope I an answered your question. Pls note that u will be charged for some lab bills but d price isnt much.
Hey dear,
Thank you so much for your reply really appreciate it a God bless you. Pls can you mail me a breakdown of your total bill for the hospital Nd doctor . My email is fbofoma@yahoo.co.uk just in case you don't want to put it here. How was your experience with the hospital and doctor?
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 12, 2016
Momo13:

I was at stanbic oh! They said no show as I don't have an account with them. I will try standard chartered tomorrow..
Hubby will try diamond bank for form A tomorrow although word is there's prerogative for school fees.
Thanks dear
are you sure you won't consider opening account with them just incase of anything we never can tell
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by amanda0: 8:40pm On Jun 12, 2016
Correct1:

Hello dear, please can you send me your email address I want to ask about the hospital and Dr. Hope you don't mind.
My email is fbofoma@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by newmomma2be: 8:40pm On Jun 12, 2016
So I went to church today- America baptist with my host. 1 hour service, loved the hymns but I miss the tungba tungba of Pentecostal jare. I spied creflo dollar's church during the week, should pay them a visit. My host also showed me a rccg parish, will visit them.

There's a meet and greet each other during service, that was when I was surrounded by elderly white women, all asking me excitedly about the sex and EDD. Even the pastor shook my hand, asked same questions and exclaimed excitedly as if he just won the lottery. I just laughed along.

Also I met Dr Valisia Andrews during the week. My God, she and shanon were so zesty! It reminded of black women owned hair salon...the high pitched tones and my host didn't help matters. She was present throughout and stood in as my mum so she made her opinions known well well for instance, when Dr Valisia asked if I would be using Epidural, she butted in and said NO! Let her feel the pain! I had 5 children without medications blah blah. Dr looked at me, I was just laughing and Dr said it's not cast in stone and I can always change my mind that I should not mind my host o.

So far so good, today makes it a week I have been here and thankful that am not alone because this Atlanta is big and my hosts have been so nice.

I hope to provide further updates and I wish everyone the best at whatever stage of planning or birthing they might be.

Ciao!

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by NaijaMama: 8:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
Momo13:

I was at stanbic oh! They said no show as I don't have an account with them. I will try standard chartered tomorrow..
Hubby will try diamond bank for form A tomorrow although word is there's prerogative for school fees.
Thanks dear

You should open an account with Stanbic IBTC. They process form A within 72 hours if it's $5000 and below at N199/$1.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by amanda0: 8:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
Correct1:

Hello dear, please can you send me your email address I want to ask about the hospital and Dr. Hope you don't mind.
f
fbofoma@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by newmomma2be: 8:45pm On Jun 12, 2016
Momo13:

Thanks dear

Aunti, quickly open stanbic account. Stanbic is one of your best options for Form A, also check sterling too.

Form A is highly needed for this missionary journey with this exchange rate ise.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Momo13: 8:47pm On Jun 12, 2016
greatie:

Have u tried unity bank? If u are in Abuja u can try jaiz bank too.

goodluck!!!

Thanks! I am in lagos, I will also try unity.. form A or PTA, which one are they giving?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Momo13: 8:52pm On Jun 12, 2016
Thanks sisters! @ naija mama and newmomma2be
I am traveling in 2 weeks.. I will open an account tomorrow, although the branch I went to inquire said I had to run the account for 3 months. Though what I requested was PTA sha
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fehinebony(f): 8:57pm On Jun 12, 2016
Thankful11011:
Good day everywhere, please guys am renewing my visa via Dropbox , and for the place of contact organisation in the USA I clicked not applicable because I did not understand that I needed to fill in the hospital I will be using(it's a b2 renewal), I have already submitted my form, cancelled my appointment b4 and fixed a Dropbox appointment, so pls will this affect my application and can I call the consulate to make the corrections, please what can I do because am suppose to submit this tomorrow morning ,
Thanks

I renewed my visa recently(b2) and I clicked not applicable for contact organisation and my visa was approved.....don't think you will have any issues but if still in doubt u can call the call centre..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 9:03pm On Jun 12, 2016
nefertitiram:

Women can be so stubborn!!! What's d big deal in CS! We need to start educating ourselves.

And I think doctors need to be a lot firmer and brash about these things.

My sister what am about to say will offend alot of people so let me start by apologizing in advance.

However I hope we will be wise enough to open our hearts and eyes and ears and learn.

Our biggest problem in this part of Africa is
A) culture
B) Religion

We are raised as religious people and u often hear statements like : God forbid! I am Christ like and by his grace will deliver like the hebrew woman!
The faith we (especially pentecostals) profess is alittle unreasonable sometimes. How can someone have headache and not take drugs or be sick and say "im strong in Jesus name" when they are obviously in need of help?

Wasnt it Jesus that gave the doctors their knowledge? Isnt it by Gods grace that science has gotten where it is? Forget that some scientists dnt bliv in God but we all know that the mystery of existence is the grace of God and healing is all part of that grace.

Culturally also, women look down on other women who have had C-sections. They see them as inferior and unable to bear pain. But guess what: THERE ARE DIVERSE REASONS FOR CSECTION and pain is the least reason.

Some women are created with small uterus, others get gestational diabetes, some babies are breech, some have a cord prolapse (cord around their neck where pushing may strangle the baby), some are ivf babies (and if u hav spent that mch on ivf you dont wana b sili and risk birthing vaginally unless d babies pop out on their own before ur scheduled date) and many more reaons.

Why make a woman feel inadequate for smth she has no control over? Y subject the miracles of pregnancy and child birth to earthly condemnation

Oyinbo pipul have sooo accepted CS that they even walk into the OR begging for a section.

We claim to have come into the 21st century, but still have myopic views forced on us by our African heritage.

My sisters if u can birth naturally please do, but if for any reason a life ia dependent on a section, please choose life... Not myth!

#lifenotmyth!

35 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by candyce(f): 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2016
Ajujuju2:

My sister what am about to say will offend alot of people ao let me start by apologizing in advance.
However i hope we will be wise enought to open our hearts and eyes and ears and learn.

Our biggest problem in thia part of Africa is
A) culture
B) Religion

We are raised as religious people and u often hear statements like : God forbid! I am Christ like and by his grace will deliver like the hebrew woman!
The faith we (especially pentecostals) profess is alittle unreasonable sometimes. How can someone have headache and not take drugs or be sick and say "im strong in Jesus name" when they are obviously in nees of help?

Wasnt it Jesus that gave the doctors their knowledge? Isnt it by Gods grave that science has gotten where it is? Forget that some scientists dnt bliv in God but we all know that the mystery of existence is the grace of grace and healing is all part of that grace.

Culrurally also women look down on other women who have had csections. They see dem as inferioir and unable to bear pain. But guess what: THERE ARE DIVERSE REASONS FOR CSECTION. pain is thr least reason. Some women are created with small uterus, others get gestational diabetes, some babies are breech, some have a cord prolapse (cord around their neck where pushing may strangle the baby) and many more reaons. Why make a woman feel inadequate for smth she has no control over? Y subject the miracles of pregnancy to earthly condenmation??

Oyinbo ppl have sooo accepted cs that they even walk into the OR begging for a section.

We claim to have come into the 21st century, but still have myopic views forced on us by our African heritage.

My sisters if u can birth naturally please do, but if for any reason a life ia dependent on a section, please choose life... Not myth!

#lifenotmyth!

Nice one Ajujuju2. Years ago, my born again pregnant cousin (born again to the core) was not in Labour but her water broke. Getting to the hospital she was told she will undergo CS na him this babe parra o " God forbid, me and God did not discuss this" blahblahblah. She refused to go even when the doctor told her the dangers of not going for the CS early. Thank God her hubby rush to the hospital in the middle of the commotion. He just sign sharply without argument and she eventually had it. When the baby was born looking pale and sick.
Thank God for today the baby is 7years old looking healthy. For the second and last babies, she begged the doctor for CS to avoid stories. She realised that being an Hebrew woman is coming out of the labour room alive with the baby (be it VD, CS, Epidural etc.
God will not come from heaven to help us.He gave us brain to use, gave Doctors strength to treat us while he does the healing.

28 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 10:01pm On Jun 12, 2016
Haba chikos,

Cheap hospital kwa? A difference of $1,000 no be joke o.

@ LADY G,

Ehhmm.... Dat journalist nko? Gist us small about d interview on USA birthing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dialinn: 10:06pm On Jun 12, 2016
amanda0:

Hey Dialinn,
Pls wanted to ask you want your final bill was for Hnwmc and your experience with the hospital and doctor. Have not got so many people that have used the hospital just curious cause am using dr Xydas.
Thanks for your reply

Hi Amanda just like u, usage is in the future so happy to obtain same info u r looking for. However, think somebody who just used both posted final bill a couple of pages back. Please check. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by julzz(f): 10:20pm On Jun 12, 2016
Hello all, pls I'm seeking advice for someone. So the wife of my husband's friend called explaining her case to me as per I've given birth in the U.S that she heard pregnant woman are being bounced back to naija from the airport, it turned out her case is clear ''Misrepresentation'' ,she was asked during interview if she was pregnant and she denied, now she wants to travel and birth, then someone told her to send letter to the embassy, well I told her her visa could be revoked as I've read here but I really don't know what to tell her, pls those that misrepresented how did it turn out or any suggestions as to remedy this.....thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favouredmum: 10:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
@Ajujuju, thanks for this.

A friend of mine had her baby 1 week ago. At 38 weeks, her baby was head up n weighing 3.5kg (estimated scan weight). Her obgyn advice dat a CS be carried out but pple around her started discouraging her towards Cs. In fact some pple told her dat some ijaw women can massage her tummy n d baby will turn.

I started to talk some sense to her. And shared my experience with her. I went into labour at 40.4wiks and my baby was head down but in a posterior position. It took her 2 days of excruciating pain for me before she turned and at some point, I started begging dr. Ezekiel for a C- section but she insisted dat a vaginal delivery was still possible. However, the pain was well managed.

To cut the long story short, my friend had her baby via Cs and baby weighed almost 3.8kg at 39wiks of birth and he was still head up.

The problem is dat we r too religious in dis country and most pple see Cs as a death sentence when a safe delivery actually means mother n child being alive no matter the mode of delivery.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 11:25pm On Jun 12, 2016
You won't believe it that a prophet on my street called me and said I shud go bath in the river in other not to birth tru C.S again cos he warned me at first, I told him birthin tru Cs is no curse that "woe unto him whom God did not send". My dh flared up n told me I shud neva talk to him again. it's high time men of God started preaching C.S in church. I don't see any big deal in it, if any foolish woman thinks little of me, na her own yawa be that. As long as I have my child with me I don't mind any way it comes. God help us all.

#lifeandnotmyth

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 11:27pm On Jun 12, 2016
My own story is just the grace of God. My baby was enjoying the tummy so much that he refused to come out. At 41 weeks, the doctor said it was time for CS. Everyone around me refused except my husband.

This baby that we had prayed and fasted for became a tug of war. My MIL, sick mum and aunties insisted that I would go into labour. My DH, dad and myself were tilting towards CS. The doctor told us that if we insisted that we would have to sign an indemnity form and he won't even want to continue as my doctor.

We were overwhelmed and decided to wait. But my mind was not at rest. Woke up in the night and told DH to call the doctor and schedule CS. Didn't tell anyone else. My lovely doctor scheduled an emergency CS that night and in the surgery found out that the baby had passed meconium and was born not breathing. It became a battle but God was faithful and my baby let out a great cry.

It has been prayers and thanksgiving since then. Since then, I have been the greatest advocate for listen to your doctor and not old wives fables.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 11:35pm On Jun 12, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
Haba chikos,

Cheap hospital kwa? A difference of $1,000 no be joke o.

@ LADY G,

Ehhmm.... Dat journalist nko? Gist us small about d interview on USA birthing.

it's alright. We all know how hard things are but let me also let you know that apart from hospital bill,doctors bill please carry minimum extra 3000. So make sure u factor that in your budget cos you need to process baby ticket and process baby paper plus food and transportation and things for the baby. It will amaze how the money finishes like someone stole from you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 11:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
Embassy transcript.

We had our interview early Friday morning in Lagos. I was not really prepared and didn't even have all documents. As we entered, I noticed a half cast lady that had a loud voice in cubicle 2 that was just denying everyone. I prayed that she won't be our VO but she turned out to be the one.

VO: good morning, passports please.
DH: Good morning (passes passports).
VO: What are you here for?
DH: For vacation and she is to seek medical help.
VO: What kind of medical help?
Both: To give birth.
VO: you have traveled to the US before?
DH: Yes for 2 weeks but she hasn't.
VO: where do you work?
DH: I work in xxxx and she works as xxxx
VO: She can answer for herself. Madam, where do you work?
ME: I am self employed
VO: what do you do?
ME: listed what I did and tooted my trumpet very well. (very proud of how far I have come).
VO: Where have you traveled to?
Me: schooled in UK, traveled to UK, Germany, Ghana, etc
VO: Sir, where have you traveled to?
DH: US, UK, Ghana, Germany, Ivory Coast, Mali, Togo
VO: what do you do for your organisation?
DH: I am a xxxx in xxxx bank and work as part of xxxx and xxxx.
VO: How much do you earn?
DH: xxxxx monthly and xxxxx quarterly upfront.
VO: can I see your doctor's correspondence?
Me: (passes her the budget sheet whilst I look for it then passes my hospital correspondence to her, didn't have a doctor) (after looking at my budget sheet, she visibly relaxes).
VO: (Types for a long time) why this hospital?
Me: my uncle who invited us recommended it.
VO: whose your doctor?
ME: (Mentioned a name)
VO: why him?
Me: (honestly didn't know what I said here because I just rambled away. Hadn't really finalized on doctor so was very blank).
VO: (Typed for a long while.) Pick up your visas in 3 days and make sure you travel with your hospital correspondence, blah blah blah because I had stopped hearing her.

Was just too happy that she didn't ask for my company documents as I didn't have them.

I have booked my ticket on Emirates and looking for PTA. October is not far again.

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ai100: 12:08am On Jun 13, 2016
Am also in Atlanta, but am using Dekalb medical.

hope u don't mind if i contact you about the passport things cause am still confused.

newmomma2be:
So I went to church today- America baptist with my host. 1 hour service, loved the hymns but I miss the tungba tungba of Pentecostal jare. I spied creflo dollar's church during the week, should pay them a visit. My host also showed me a rccg parish, will visit them.

There's a meet and greet each other during service, that was when I was surrounded by elderly white women, all asking me excitedly about the sex and EDD. Even the pastor shook my hand, asked same questions and exclaimed excitedly as if he just won the lottery. I just laughed along.

Also I met Dr Valisia Andrews during the week. My God, she and shanon were so zesty! It reminded of black women owned hair salon...the high pitched tones and my host didn't help matters. She was present throughout and stood in as my mum so she made her opinions known well well for instance, when Dr Valisia asked if I would be using Epidural, she butted in and said NO! Let her feel the pain! I had 5 children without medications blah blah. Dr looked at me, I was just laughing and Dr said it's not cast in stone and I can always change my mind that I should not mind my host o.

So far so good, today makes it a week I have been here and thankful that am not alone because this Atlanta is big and my hosts have been so nice.

I hope to provide further updates and I wish everyone the best at whatever stage of planning or birthing they might be.

Ciao!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 12:16am On Jun 13, 2016
Nogen:

My sister, congratulations dear and may your babies bring you joy. Now, don't panic so much over NICU bills, the most important thing is that they are alive and in good hands. I totally understand how you feel because I have been there.

You need to be strong for yourself and your babies because you all would need you , especially when they come home from the hospital.

If you need any support, feel free to pm me. I would be more than happy to help you.

Bless you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 12:24am On Jun 13, 2016
newmomma2be:

Also I met Dr Valisia Andrews during the week. My God, she and shanon were so zesty! It reminded of black women owned hair salon...the high pitched tones and my host didn't help matters. She was present throughout and stood in as my mum so she made her opinions known well well for instance, when Dr Valisia asked if I would be using Epidural, she butted in and said NO! Let her feel the pain! I had 5 children without medications blah blah. Dr looked at me, I was just laughing and Dr said it's not cast in stone and I can always change my mind that I should not mind my host o

Ciao!

Hi sweety, you are almsot there. Dont worry. Soon!

Oyinbo pipu will always ask for sex o. Its not a big deal to them. Plus some will even ask permission to touch your stomach, but you see the highlighted is what gets us worried. Na u de carry d belle not her. If u want epidural take it! Dnt think about cost and dont think about what your Aunty will think either. Na u carry the belle.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 12:37am On Jun 13, 2016
candyce:

Nice one Ajujuju2. Years ago, my born again pregnant cousin (born again to the core) was not in Labour but her water broke. Getting to the hospital she was told she will undergo CS na him this babe parra o " God forbid, me and God did not discuss this" blahblahblah. She refused to go even when the doctor told her the dangers of not going for the CS early. Thank God her hubby rush to the hospital in the middle of the commotion. He just sign sharply without argument and she eventually had it. When the baby was born looking pale and sick.
Thank God for today the baby is 7years old looking healthy. For the second and last babies, she begged the doctor for CS to avoid stories. She realised that being an Hebrew woman is coming out of the labour room alive with the baby (be it VD, CS, Epidural etc.
God will not come from heaven to help us.He gave us brain to use, gave Doctors strength to treat us while he does the healing.

The highlighted is the truth.
Well said sister.

Lets remember that the hebrew women wanted their kids alive and born before the soldiers came. Relating that to this present day, the devil and his agents of death arr the soldiers. They wana rush in and steal your joy but Gods covenant with us is that we will be fruitful and multiply and He sends us angels in form of doctors to fulfill that promise.

Sorry guys I no b pastor wife o, but im led to discuss this today because this is one family where we can share and grow and learn.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gusfy823: 12:46am On Jun 13, 2016
[quote author=kenkelewu post=46464915]DIY Expedited Naija Visa II:
Money order instructions:
According to the website:
1. Note down the "Serial Number" (as shown by red circle in the sample image ) and provide that to us with other requested information after you hit the proceed button below. We’ll send you a confirmation email stating that your order number & tracking number is associated with a money order serial number. This email doesn’t mean that your application is paid yet.
Mail the filled in Money Order via a traceable courier service (such as Fedex, UPS and DHL): Address is provided on the page at this stage

2. Once we receive your money order, we’ll confirm the receipt via another email to you stating that your payment has been received and you can proceed to submit your Visa/Passport application"

Now, Mail your application: forms, you and your hubby's Naija passport data page, letter of consent, copy of flight itinerary or ticket as the case may be, money orders (for the expedited fee and additional separate $30 money order), then prepaid self-addressed express delivery envelope
Note:
I applied for my baby's on a Tues and got it back on Fri.
Avoid the embassies where these agents work, cos your application will be under the pile.
From reviews, use Washington DC and NY
Times are hard, let's not waste money on what we can do ourselves.
Note that weekends and holidays will increase processing times, even if you expedite the processing

I applied for my son last week, used Atlanta and when I called to find out the status of my application I was told about an additional 96.30 to be paid to OIS services, making it a total of 371.3 (180,65,30,96.30) which is even more than the agent collects. I was so disappointed, did you also experience this?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 1:18am On Jun 13, 2016
Preach!
What about the sisters that are:
- In waiting for FOTW but won't go to remove fibroid or investigate the cause of infertility and how to handle?
- Being domestically abused and brutalised by Oga ATT, but hang in there because as Christian women, divorce is abhorred?
As for me, my view is that the Holy Spirit is speaking EVERYDAY... and he is speaking TO people directly on how to receive their healing, deliverance and blessings.

If you follow the healing and deliverance ministry of Jesus, you'll see how vastly dynamic it was.
- Some were touched physically
- Some were aggressive enough to destroy church roof to get their blessing
- Some sneaked up to come and collect thru the back.
- Some shouted for mercy and disturbed everyone till their case was heard and treated.
- Some were told that there was no need to follow them home because as army commanders, Orders are Orders...
- Some had 'san-san' rubbed in their eyes
- Some were even sarcastically yabbed, that they're dogs and not even on the agenda... and those ones still held Him to ransom by asking for the crumbs that dogs get! And they got it.
- Some were left to die first, then raised up...

Holy Spirit is speaking for TODAY and to you, for your own circumstances... not Pastor's, or Women leader's or MIL's or friends or Mum's circumstance. For those who will hear Him personally, all good. But for those who will not take time to hear Him, but will rely solely on others to take decisions... OYO. ..
After everyone has thrown their advise at you, we all go home to face our own lives... These days sef. .. All most people get is "eyyaaàa" "pele" "O ma se o" after the stories that touch...

May The wisdom that is solely from God direct our paths and our life's decisions.
AMEN!

Ajujuju2:

The highlighted is the truth.
Well said sister.

Lets remember that the hebrew women wanted their kids alive and born before the soldiers came. Relating that to this present day, the devil and his agents of death arr the soldiers. They wana rush in and steal your joy but Gods covenant with us is that we will be fruitful and multiply and He sends us angels in form of doctors to fulfill that promise.

Sorry guys I no b pastor wife o, but im led to discuss this today because this is one family where we can share and grow and learn.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 2:11am On Jun 13, 2016
Nnystc:
Preach!
What about the sisters that are:
- In waiting for FOTW but won't go to remove fibroid or investigate the cause of infertility and how to handle?
- Being domestically abused and brutalised by Oga ATT, but hang in there because as Christian women, divorce is abhorred?
As for me, my view is that the Holy Spirit is speaking EVERYDAY... and he is speaking TO people directly on how to receive their healing, deliverance and blessings.

If you follow the healing and deliverance ministry of Jesus, you'll see how vastly dynamic it was.
- Some were touched physically
- Some were aggressive enough to destroy church roof to get their blessing
- Some sneaked up to come and collect thru the back.
- Some shouted for mercy and disturbed everyone till their case was heard and treated.
- Some were told that there was no need to follow them home because as army commanders, Orders are Orders...
- Some had 'san-san' rubbed in their eyes
- Some were even sarcastically yabbed, that they're dogs and not even on the agenda... and those ones still held Him to ransom by asking for the crumbs that dogs get! And they got it.
- Some were left to die first, then raised up...

Holy Spirit is speaking for TODAY and to you, for your own circumstances... not Pastor's, or Women leader's or MIL's or friends or Mum's circumstance. For those who will hear Him personally, all good. But for those who will not take time to hear Him, but will rely solely on others to take decisions... OYO. ..
After everyone has thrown their advise at you, we all go home to face our own lives... These days sef. .. All most people get is "eyyaaàa" "pele" "O ma se o" after the stories that touch...

May The wisdom that is solely from God direct our paths and our life's decisions.
AMEN!

Some touched the hem of His Garment when he was passing by! There was no exact method of miracle as long as they received it, what followed next was rejoicing.

A friend once lied to me about hw she had her baby, then later spilled dat it was CS forgetting she had lied. Am like, y did u lie na, she said she thot I would judge her. Am like seriously! Me? Do people even judge people on hw dey have dia babies? Africa eh, we need to wake up. Some deaths r just a waste. I would understand if money is d obstacle for CS but being judged?

Anyways, I'm not even a candidate for VD anymore after 2CS except Jesus has a hand in it. Like I wake up, water breaks, get to hosp 10cm, baby is already here kinda thing. Otherwise, I love the idea of choosing the date my baby is born. By the way CS recovery is way more painful than VD birth. 2 weeks and u still walking and sneezing with caution

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kenkelewu: 2:37am On Jun 13, 2016
@gusfy823

No, I didn't experience this, mine was in 2013 though. From the websites (Washington DC, NY and Atlanta), this seems peculiar to only Atlanta. Are you applying for a Visa or Passport?
As I suggested, people should use Washington/NY if they have an option
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by evemama: 3:53am On Jun 13, 2016
My dear its well, my opinion is every daughter of God should have full .
After 4 yrs of marriage n 2 nasty miscarriages, I got pregnant, every night I would pray speak to my baby, talk to my body to have vaginal delivery.
Along d line came gestational diabetes. I kept on with my prayers infact I increased it cos satan no dey tire.

Fastforward to my delivery. As the induction was stopped that baby was not responding well and doc said its cs I didn't argue I said o ya. Cos I believed with my many prayers if its gong this way then its Gods will n plan and he's still in charge. So I started praying immediately that all goes well. Doc prayed with me b4 d surgery n my faith was further strengthen.
Today I have my beautiful chubby baby girl so God is good. VD or Cs he gave me my baby so he knows best just commit the journey into his hands and trust ur God, ur heart n ur doc.

My sister what am about to say will offend alot of people so let me start by apologizing in advance.

However I hope we will be wise enough to open our hearts and eyes and ears and learn.

Our biggest problem in this part of Africa is
A) culture
B) Religion

The faith we (especially pentecostals) profess is alittle unreasonable sometimes. How can someone have headache and not take drugs or be sick and say "im strong in Jesus name" when they are obviously in need of help?

Wasnt it Jesus that gave the doctors their knowledge? Isnt it by Gods grace that science has gotten where it is? Forget that some scientists dnt bliv in God but we all know that the mystery of existence is the grace of God and healing is all part of that grace.

Culturally also, women look down on other women who have had C-sections. They see them as inferior and unable to bear pain. But guess what: THERE ARE DIVERSE REASONS FOR CSECTION and pain is the least reason.

Some women are created with small uterus, others get gestational diabetes, some babies are breech, some have a cord prolapse (cord around their neck where pushing may strangle the baby), some are ivf babies (and if u hav spent that mch on ivf you dont wana b sili and risk birthing vaginally unless d babies pop out on their own before ur scheduled date) and many more reaons.

Why make a woman feel inadequate for smth she has no control over? Y subject the miracles of pregnancy and child birth to earthly condemnation

Oyinbo pipul have sooo accepted CS that they even walk into the OR begging for a section.

#lifenotmyth!

[/quote]

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gusfy823: 5:40am On Jun 13, 2016
kenkelewu:
@gusfy823

No, I didn't experience this, mine was in 2013 though. From the websites (Washington DC, NY and Atlanta), this seems peculiar to only Atlanta. Are you applying for a Visa or Passport?
As I suggested, people should use Washington/NY if they have an option

I'm applying for a visa, the new payment started May 16 this yr, payment is made to an agency contracted by the Nigerian embassy for visa procurement, just like they use innovate one for the money order. Don't kn if it applies to only Atlanta though
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:12am On Jun 13, 2016
@Ijeomaobi the journalist was writing a blog on giving birth in the US. He basically summarized this whole thread and the steps from visa through birthing to documentation for baby and then referred readers here for further reading

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 398
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.