Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (902287 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
jinglesbaby:
Try flying Lufthansa, then you will know what strict really is. Flew them a second time and they told me that my hand luggage was too big for their 'danfo-bus-type-waste-basket' specification. They refused to check me in! 30mins to departure, I found a cleaner with transparent bin bag after running around the airport looking for an alternative. I emptied the suitcase (with all my underwear)into the transparent bin-bag (imagine the stares I got from pple around!) and squeezed it into their 'basket scale for hand luggage' before they checked me in. I had barely left the check-in desk when I heard my name being announced to hurry up to the gate cos the gate was about to close! My dear, I carried my bin-bag on my head like those 'agege bread hawkers' and started running to the gate o!
Thank goodness I made it! Infact, I was the last to board the plane. Supervisor at the boarding gate had to beg security to just let me get on because she saw that they wanted to start harassing me about my bin bag not meeting the specs again!

For the return leg, I wanted to change the date but Lufthansa said it was non-flexible and even non-refundable!

Laff don kih me for hia ooo.
Jizox...u r a clown.
Kikiki kiki he he he he

But really if not for the 7hr layover on the coming leg i for jejely enter my emirates ooo. All my trips hav alwys bn emirates bt as ds bele come de pain me towards d end i couldnt afford to try a 7hr layover without hotel stay on d coming leg. Na him i come buy Air France and thy r jst "one chance" people. (How can babys luggage be 10kg and they are charging 374 for ticket, when odas are givn 23kg). Air France/Lufthanza/KLM na de same papa born them.

Never Again!!! Not even to France sef.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 3:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
Precious2099:
Hello house, I really need help and advise.

Madam myself and someone else just posted how to get accommodation in Chicago.

For hospital you would have to use the search button and you would find some.

You would have to help yourself.

Modified .....lemme help you small. Hospitals I contacted..
Presence Saint Joseph Hospital....is the only one that gave a sensible bill
UIC hospital...65k
Rush.....75k
cry

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 3:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ajujuju2 actually the Igbos dont do a "naming ceremony". At least where I come from.
Im Igbo and Catholic DH is Yoruba and sort of Pentecostal... so there's a clash of culture/norm. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CNOROYALCLAN: 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
Sorry I did not see the mail. Please can you contact me on x.chima@live.com thanks in advance.
happytbaby:
I responded to the PM you sent me but didnt get a response.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by DrPrincess: 4:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
We, d parents already gave baby a name even from d belly, n that ws written on d BC. The naming ceremony is more for prayers, though 'culturally' it's at the naming that the 'world' gets to know baby's names.
sugah:
DrPrincess ok. But the baby already gets its name written on the BC on the day of birth, right? So the naming ceremony is just for formalty?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 4:40pm On Jun 18, 2016
My take on the whole naming thing: will I to please grandparents deprive myself and my child of a better tomorrow? Mba kwa!
My parents sef no kuku send

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 4:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
sugah:
Ajujuju2 actually the Igbos dont do a "naming ceremony". At least where I come from.
Im Igbo and Catholic DH is Yoruba and sort of Pentecostal... so there's a clash of culture/norm. grin

We do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 5:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
justwise:

We do.
Igbos? No we don't. Except the pentecostal ones that picked it up from church norms.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 5:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Igbos? No we don't. Except the pentecostal ones that picked it up from church norms.

Yes we do, if you don't then that has to do with religious denominational doctrine

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 6:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
justwise:

We do.

Ermmm, what state? Cos where im from we don't.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
[quote author=nana101 post=44475384]

Hi Nana101, please can you reach me on evenigeria.abj@gmail.com? I need to ask you a few questions in respect to your POE experience (in case you are in the States already) and the hospital you settled for or have chosen to settle for.Thank you. I hope to hear from you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tbash16: 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
sugah:

Oh really? Kai! Means we have to start budgeting for that. But is it compulsory? undecided
. It's not compulsory I guess, all this merriment happened cos it's their 1st grandchild and we are Muslims so even if there isn't gonna be a merriment, a ram has to be killed on the 8th day and Alfas will be d ones to do prayers regarding the naming n all. My host even did a small naming too lol, only her 3 celebrations. BTW none was pay for by us.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nochid: 6:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
Maggie0133:

Please I need help on getting cheap flights from Dallas DFW to elpaso.

Thanks
Your best bet will be through Southwest Airlines. They're however having issues with customers booking an itinerary outside North America. Your way round that is to call their 'Customer reservation' on +18004359792 and make your reservation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
sugah:

Ermmm, what state? Cos where im from we don't.

Abia
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 6:30pm On Jun 18, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
My take on the whole naming thing: will I to please grandparents deprive myself and my child of a better tomorrow? Mba kwa!
My parents sef no kuku send

My dear, no contest sef for that one.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 6:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
justwise:

Abia
Hope you are not a 'my mummy said im from Ngwa' type of igbo grin

Im Anambra and we don't do naming ceremony. Baptism, child dedication yes but no naming.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
sugah:

Im Anambra and we don't do naming ceremony. Baptism, child dedication yes but no naming.

No i'm 'my dad said i'm from samba frost type of igbo' cool

Anambra is predominantly catholic so i'm not surprised at that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 7:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
^^^ grin grin grin grin
I guess there's a religious denomination undertone to the issue.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Popri(f): 7:11pm On Jun 18, 2016
@the whole naming thingy, I am from North-East Nigeria aka as Hausa, although Hausa is not my tribe. We all follow the Jewish biblical culture for the 8th day naming and circumcision and even the northern Muslims do the same
In our own case we didn't do any naming ceremony in Yankee, just did dedication when LO was 2months plus when we returned and the Lutheran infant baptism as that's DH home church and had the party of food afterwards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 7:11pm On Jun 18, 2016
CanadianRichBoy:
Why not give birth in Nigeria?

Are you not Nigerian?

Ibeere pataki to pa iya ijebu

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
sugah:
^^^ grin grin grin grin
I guess there's a religious denomination undertone to the issue.

..that is the case with everything in Nigeria
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by NaijaMama: 7:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
isysleek:
Update on UBA card for online transactions. I posted about UBA rate being 208 when I tried buying stuff on amazon few days ago. I chose the "pay in naira" option like I've always done in the past. It declined. Tried with two friends cards but also declined. Just spoke with UBA card fulfilment customer service and I was told "pay in naira" option has stopped. That I have to choose "pay in dollars" and I will be charged the naira equivalent. Rate on Friday was 377.

Same experience here. My card was declined as well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
Mumtwins08:

Ibeere pataki to pa iya ijebu
Lmao
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 8:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
justwise:

Abia -check
Naming ceremony -check
Twins-check
grin grin grin
What of aso ebi on the naming day grin
No Ankara no semo grin
#pick race

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 8:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
justwise:

Abia

So we finally learn more about the elusive Justwise.

Igbo kwenu!!

Like i said naming ceremony or not, d main thing is the prayers. Not the meat or names or party.

So weda 8th day or 1millionth day
xtian/moslem/pagen
Igbo/Yoruba/Hausa/Others...

Infact i dub this day naming day for all infants (newborns/toddlers/kids plus unborn foetuses) and families on Nairaland:
May we all reap the fruits of child bearing
May they make us proud and be primus interpare
May they be Gods vessel and bring men to salvation
May their lives be enriched and fulfilling
May their enemies be far and unsuccessful
And may every parents prayer birth in their kids lives.

25 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 8:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
At the Mama on lufthanza,

Am so sorry for your ordeal. Even though i found it so hilarious , I also salute your creativity!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ajujuju2:

Igbo kwenu!!

Like i said naming ceremony or not, d main thing is the prayers. Not the meat or names or party.

So weda 8th day or 1millionth day
xtian/moslem/pagen
Igbo/Yoruba/Hausa/Others...

Infact i dub this day naming day for all infants (newborns/toddlers/kids plus unborn foetuses) and families on Nairaland:
May we all reap the fruits of child bearing
May they make us proud and be primus interpare
May they be Gods vessel and bring men to salvation
May their lives be enriched and fulfilling
May their enemies be far and unsuccessful
And may every parents prayer birth in their kids lives.
You totally hit the nail on the head, grandfather ko great-grandfather ni, ki lo kan mi, if I born for America before they send name I don put name inside b.c so that name they send na inside akosile e go dey not on top of birth certificate, I won't risk the opportunity of giving my children a bright future for grandparents to attend the naming ceremony, to me all that feferity no even matter, my prayers over my child and the host of heavens agreeing with me over that child is what matters abeg, to fulfil all righteousness the rev father can christen the child officially sha while i'm still abroad with my husband, o pari. As for Muslims I know my cousins who are Muslims had Sunnah and they kill ram and shave the hair of the child on the naming I learnt it's compulsory for them.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
Bisoye82:

Abia -check
Naming ceremony -check
Twins-check
grin grin grin
What of aso ebi on the naming day grin
No Ankara no semo grin
#pick race

No be only aso ebi..how about jogger? grin

Still waiting for the wife..before talk of twins and naming ceremony
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:53pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ajujuju2:

Igbo kwenu!!

Elusive indeed grin grin

The next barrage of scam emails that will be landing in my inbox will be from my bank in Abia state grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by desoul: 9:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
justwise:

..I guess that's the answer cos..my place nothing like naming thing..you either wait for Baptism or child dedication which is done after three Months of child birth

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2016
NaijaMama:

Same experience here. My card was declined as well.
My bank still dey work ooo.
Bought things on amazon yesterday n its already been shipped to arrive tomorrow....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 9:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
sugah:

My sis my sis, kedu? You are actually right. Baptism, dedication shikina

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.