Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,575 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (898784 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 17, 2016
MadameU:
@Ahmazing, you are fine, though you in my opinion need to do a budget sheet, even though your hospital bill is 3000do a budget that shows you have kept aside or have planned to spend over 9000dollars on your hospital bills, separate amounts for paediatrician , transportation , feeding, miscellaneous et al cos that's the kinda bill and capability wey VOs like to see these days. And if your accounts have progressively been built, you have your tax receipts and business reg docs and family docs plus your game face with overflowing grace and confidence you go slay them collect ya white paper only there! All the best .
MadameU all I can say is next time you go to that embassy God will clear the way for you and you are getting your visa back because na collect dey collect am from you, it is well kiss

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lively123: 4:05pm On Jun 17, 2016
[quote author=evemama post=46658066]Hello everybody.

the birth certificate is sufficient as a means of identification
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 4:06pm On Jun 17, 2016
blue355:
pls oakbend mamas, how long did it take to get zero balance from the hospital?
do I need to go to the hospital or wait for it in the mail.
i have been waiting for over 2 weeks now

Seand a request mail to acastro@obmc.org.
Give her all your details

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 4:16pm On Jun 17, 2016
moyomola22:
Hello all, thanks for all d informations I learnt here, dis is my ist time of commenting here. I bless God 4 a successful entry tru Chicago Poe despite some tough questions lol, but with some informations I gt here I was ready for dem. Am using xydaswomen centre DR NORA CHUI, such a nice woman. I also did a tour around Houston north west medical center,I love d place soo much. Wishing all expectant mothers safe delivery.

Pls did you pay some part of the hospital bill before arriving or is it on arrival?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jbikes: 4:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
My wonderful ppl !!!To God Be the glory... DH and I got our B2 visa today ( Lagos 7am appointment) after 4 mnths of B1/B2 rejection. I have decided to share my testimony because I used other ppls info here to keep my faith going .However, I prayed like never before and visited the motherless home with my seed for this purpose. My B1/B2 story goes...... Got married Nov 2015 and we applied in January and interview in February 2016 B1/B2 for honeymoon and to celebrate my upcoming birthday which was 2mnths and some weeks after wedding and God being God I took in immediately after wedding but that was confirmed some days to the visa interview(although what I had in mind was to use it for child birth and vacation if I had gotten it because i went for my honey moon after wedding but needed to tell an attracting story to....... ) so on the process of the interview the VO asked if I was pregnant(immediately I remembered advise from my friends and this site that is good to say the truth ) and I said yes, that I got to know some days after applying and he asked if am giving birth in US and I said for now no plans because we just got to know but I will wish to and the decision will be after the honeymoon vacation and the VO asked again u wish to give birth....and I said yes. So he rejected us then told us to apply for B2 and make available doctors correspondence and also our financial .i was still trying to convince him that I have not made any plans so we can get the visa but he insisted and gave us the blue paper. So we left and I was sad. I talked to justwise and he gave me his advice .Then in march we started sorting for doctors correspondence and i got info here true a good friend i PM that sent DR Fs email ( God bless you thou cant remember ur name again) that i used to get correspondence for doctors F fees and hospital ( Chi St Luke’s Health hospital) and also report from Nigeria hospital and financial. Then we reapplied in May 18TH and Our transcript today:

WE: Good morning with a smile
VO: (A lady)Good morning ..passport Please..... we gave her.
VO where are you going ?
Me :Houston Texas
VO :For what
Me: child birth
VO: Any documents.
Me. Immediately pass the doctors correspondence from Dr F and also letter from my hospital in Nigeria and budget sheet ( well prepared with colors ). and she started typing . really can’t remember if she went through the documents
VO: Why Houston
Me ; because I got a better offer from the hospital and doctor through two ppl I know used same doctor.
VO: where do u work
Me; blaaa blaaa blaaa ..
VO; To DH were do u work .
DH bla blaaa blaaa
VO : What's your budget for this trip ?
WE; Immediately told her the budget sheet was with her ,
VO: She went through and said good. and then typed then asked us to go pick our passport and was advising on the need to pay bills at that point my mind done reach Texas so I no even here wetin she talk again. lol

I thank God for his favor … it was indeed a miracle , No bank statement was checked ( but pls go with yours o!) or any other apart from budget sheet .From my observation, I believe they had already made their decision and then Gods Favor, also the colorful budget sheet !.....what would i have done if not for the budget sheet idea I got here .Thanks alot to all that took out time to answer my questions, and all that has kept posting info to get us updated and more thanks to greatie ( u r a sister)/ justwise you guys rock. Please be honest when applying. i attached the budget sheet for ppl that needs it too.

Regards,

34 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jbikes: 4:50pm On Jun 17, 2016
Please any mummies going to houston AUg 2nd week - Oct first week return and have apartment to share , please send PM . am using chi st lukes health center.

THANKS
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2016
jbikes:

I thank God for his favor … it was indeed a miracle , No bank statement was checked ( but pls go with yours o!) or any other apart from budget sheet .From my observation, I believe they had already made their decision and then Gods Favor, also the colorful budget sheet !.....what would i have done if not for the budget sheet idea I got here .Thanks alot to all that took out time to answer my questions, and all that has kept posting info to get us updated and more thanks to greatie ( u r a sister)/ justwise you guys rock. Please be honest when applying. i attached the budget sheet for ppl that needs it too.

Regards,

Congratulations! really happy for you.

However..where did people get the idea that i'm a woman? grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 5:21pm On Jun 17, 2016
justwise:

Oga Justwise, you never come across the female moniker "Greatie"? It's both of you they are thanking na! Dig? Kikikikikikiiii....

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 5:39pm On Jun 17, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Oga Justwise, you never come across the female moniker "Greatie"? It's both of you they are thanking na! Dig? Kikikikikikiiii....

Oh ok! clearer now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:10pm On Jun 17, 2016
justwise:

Bruce/kaitlin Jenner thingz! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:16pm On Jun 17, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Bruce/kaitlin Jenner thingz! cheesy

grin grin Exit Only

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 6:37pm On Jun 17, 2016
justwise:

grin grin Exit Only
This gat me rolling in laughter cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:41pm On Jun 17, 2016
Bisoye82:

This gat me rolling in laughter cheesy cheesy cheesy

You need deliverance if you knew the meaning of that ^^ grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tyosho: 6:50pm On Jun 17, 2016
chloe7:
airbnb and hotel
Thanks Chloe.hotels around don't allowed more than 28days and the cheapest extended stay I have seen is over $8k.
Will try airbnb
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 6:54pm On Jun 17, 2016
Congrats dear. Looking forward to sharing my testimony come next month. And thanks for sharing teh budget sheet... on point for those of us studying for this JAMB exam.. grin
jbikes:
My wonderful ppl !!!To God Be the glory... DH and I got our B2 visa today ( Lagos 7am appointment) after 4 mnths of B1/B2 rejection. I have decided to share my testimony because I used other ppls info here to keep my faith going .However, I prayed like never before and visited the motherless home with my seed for this purpose. My B1/B2 story goes...... Got married Nov 2015 and we applied in January and interview in February 2016 B1/B2 for honeymoon and to celebrate my upcoming birthday which was 2mnths and some weeks after wedding and God being God I took in immediately after wedding but that was confirmed some days to the visa interview(although what I had in mind was to use it for child birth and vacation if I had gotten it because i went for my honey moon after wedding but needed to tell an attracting story to....... ) so on the process of the interview the VO asked if I was pregnant(immediately I remembered advise from my friends and this site that is good to say the truth ) and I said yes, that I got to know some days after applying and he asked if am giving birth in US and I said for now no plans because we just got to know but I will wish to and the decision will be after the honeymoon vacation and the VO asked again u wish to give birth....and I said yes. So he rejected us then told us to apply for B2 and make available doctors correspondence and also our financial .i was still trying to convince him that I have not made any plans so we can get the visa but he insisted and gave us the blue paper. So we left and I was sad. I talked to justwise and he gave me his advice .Then in march we started sorting for doctors correspondence and i got info here true a good friend i PM that sent DR Fs email ( God bless you thou cant remember ur name again) that i used to get correspondence for doctors F fees and hospital ( Chi St Luke’s Health hospital) and also report from Nigeria hospital and financial. Then we reapplied in May 18TH and Our transcript today:

VO where are you going ?
Me. Immediately pass the doctors correspondence from Dr F and also letter from my hospital in Nigeria and budget sheet ( well prepared with colors ). and she started typing . really can’t remember if she went through the documents
Me ; because I got a better offer from the hospital and doctor through two ppl I know used same doctor.
Me; blaaa blaaa blaaa ..
DH bla blaaa blaaa
VO: She went through and said good. and then typed then asked us to go pick our passport and was advising on the need to pay bills at that point my mind done reach Texas so I no even here wetin she talk again. lol

Regards,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 7:47pm On Jun 17, 2016
tyosho:

Thanks Chloe.hotels around don't allowed more than 28days and the cheapest extended stay I have seen is over $8k.
Will try airbnb

You should do airbnb. Got a good deal on there. Few pointers.......
Don't forget to check the filters and ensure where you are renting is family friendly.
Some people charge for extra guests.... contact the host to ensure your baby doesn't count as extra guests. And also ask of their tolerance for having a new born around
You can ask for deals/discount.... I did and my future host gave me a very good deal.

If i remember anything else id let you know. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by moyomola22: 8:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
herrik066:
Hello Moyomola, Congratz on your successful entry. Can you share your POE experience/transcript in the spirit of giving back? Thanks.

hello herrik, I was sent for secondaryi inspection, which d lady collected my bag and check everything inside including my fone. She later called my doc to confirm my appointment and also my host. Dey just wana be sure u won't come and use dere insurance, I was holding 8k dollars which she counted. After d whole thing she stamped me in till Dec.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by moyomola22: 8:28pm On Jun 17, 2016
TOKNOW:

Pls did you pay some part of the hospital bill before arriving or is it on arrival?
No I paid all on arrival, but I gt my doctors appointment letter which I took along with me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MrYagi: 8:40pm On Jun 17, 2016
Hello Mommas,
Please where can I get to do "Jewish-like" circumcision for my son in Lagos.
I wanna give him designer "prick".
Thank you in advance as you reply.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 9:08pm On Jun 17, 2016
jbikes:

VO where are you going ?
Me; blaaa blaaa blaaa ..
DH bla blaaa blaaa

Regards,

Am so happy this stage ended in praise. You r welcome dear.
E-huggs kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by DrPrincess: 9:54pm On Jun 17, 2016
Pls kindly explain what the bolded below means
chloe7:
To qualify for the DHL Drop Box Visa Renewal Program, visa applicants must be applying to renew either a B1/B2, an F, ...

For B1/B2 visa holders:
• The applicant is a Nigerian passport holder; if not a Nigerian passport holder, the applicant principally resides in Nigeria and their last visa was issued in Nigeria;
The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in an issuance;
• The applicant was issued a two-year B1/B2 United States visa;
• The visa expired no more than four years prior to reissuance;
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 10:05pm On Jun 17, 2016
Nothing I no go here!!

Jewish like circumcision kwa!! shocked
Designer prick?? Ewoo na tattoo u wan do the thing add join? Biko differentiate normal and designer

Exit only!!! cool

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nogen: 10:05pm On Jun 17, 2016
temyb:

@nogen thanks a bunch. Can I get ur email address. Am abit confused on somethings. Or u could email me temy4u@Hotmail.com. really appreciate.

Nogen1234@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Cmeo(m): 10:18pm On Jun 17, 2016
Abeg house me with this o.
Wife had failed inducement and later CS, in all she spent 5 days in the hospital. the baby came on the 3rd day.

We paid the ob/gyn fee before the baby was born at all. Now, the ob/gyn office has send a bill of about $600 for the baby (under the explanation activity of initial hospital; subsequent hospital car; and Hospital discharge day), we paid for the pediatric visit separately o.

Abeg, is this normal? The clinic is in Conroe Texas

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blue355: 10:59pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ajujuju2:

Seand a request mail to acastro@obmc.org.
Give her all your details

Thank you so much will do that ASAP
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blue355: 11:00pm On Jun 17, 2016
firsttymum:

Just email Alice... She'll send it asap and even email u too.

Thanks for your response, will contact her
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blue355: 11:00pm On Jun 17, 2016
This is to inform all Nigerians residing in Houston and environs that the Nigerian Consulate will be having a Passport Intervention Exercise on 17th, 18th and 19th June 2016 at the Igbo Catholic Center, 8250 Creek Bend Dr Houston, TX 77071. The exercise will be from 9:00am to 6:00pm on the above dates. Please note that this exercise is not through any organization or individual. All Nigerians should feel free to come to the venue with their required documents as stipulated in the attached guidelines.

For further enquires, please contact the under-listed numbers:

Tel: + 770-394 6261

Tel: + 770 394 5233

Tel: + 770 394 6237

CONSULATE GENERAL OF NIGERIA, ATLANTA

JUNE 13, 2016

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 11:17pm On Jun 17, 2016
My E-fam,
Greetings from Houston. Flew Turkish cant say they are bad. Arrived IAH at 7pm.
Cb:why are u on a wheel chair?
Me: i puked when d plane was landing (lol, dint realised how awkward d answer is)
Cb: are you pregnant?
Me:yes i am
Cb: y are all you Nigerians coming to have babies here?
Me: for better healthcare
Cb: please dont tell me "the better healthcare" crap
Me: ok and smiling
Cb:your fingers please, is it your first time in the US?
Me: yes
Cb: ok someone will come get you for secondary inspections
Got to the room stayed for about 20mins and was called
Cb: so do you know and are u prepared on how much it will cost you?
Me: yes i am prepared
Cb: please dont accept medicare no matter the pressure if u do we will know and that will cause problems for you. How much do u have and have you made any payments?
Me: $6k and no prepayment done.
Another cb lady was like its doctor F and good for him that he changed. Turns to me and asked if it Dr f i just nodded. She is telling the Truth.
Cb:who stays in this addy
Me: grandma.
Cb: where do u work?
Me Bleep
Cb: welcome to the US
Me: thank you.

Nothing was siezed.
Called Dr F office and i was asked to come for my 1st appointment. Apparently, he really isnt with oakbend. Now am confused on which to choose btwn Methodist and st lukes in terms of service and mode of payment cos i intend paying with form A. Any advise will be appreciated pls.

Thank you all for your support.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 1:38am On Jun 18, 2016
DrPrincess:
Pls kindly explain what the bolded below means
Big grammar for 'you were given a visa the very last time you applied.'
Somebody could have a B visa.upon expiration you reapply either via interview /dropbox.if the subsequent application results in a refusal, u will no longer be qualified for dropbox. Capisce?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by osat82(f): 1:49am On Jun 18, 2016
Hello everyone,trust you are all doing good,Thank God I had my baby boy via C-Section on Monday at HNMC,I used Dr Morgan,intially I was pissed about aving a repeat c section but I am glad a did cos my baby weighed 4.4kg,I don't think I could AV survived pushing him out of me. Everything went well,they were not able to give me epidural cos for some reason it wasn't staying so I was put to sleep. So far everything went well I am good and my baby is healthy no complications,I AV paid my bills paid,3k dr fees and 3500 hospital bills and 750 epidural,I was discharged and I got a letter from d hospital stating I AV performed my financial obligations,however I am still expecting the pediatrician's bill,when I called I was told my son's info wasn't yet in their billing system and I should check next week.
But I must say HNMC wasn't nice when it came to giving free things,I was give six 40mls similac,and 10 diapers and a pack of baby wipe. And they wore a top for my baby through out our 2 night stay,the top was old and worn out,I wished I had brought my own stuff from the start.
Anyway boy is doing good Alhamdulilah

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CanadianRichBoy: 2:21am On Jun 18, 2016
Why not give birth in Nigeria?

Are you not Nigerian?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 3:29am On Jun 18, 2016
tyosho:
Hello house.
Pls can anyone help with information on how to get accomodation in Chicago?
Would appreciate any info on getting an apartment for 5wks in July.

It may be difficult to find an apartment for 5 weeks outside of airbnb or an extended stay hotel. I haven't been to Chicago but I know in Dallas theye rarely lease out for less than 2 months except for the fully furnished apartments which are pricey. An extended stay hotel may be your best bet and you can get good deals depending on when exactly you're going. I know Candlewood suites is an extended stay kind of place and they have most things you use in a home , a decent kitchen in the room with a fridge and all. I've stayed there a number of times. If you choose that option call them to negotiate an extended stay price and also ask for the tax free stay granted for hotel stays longer than 30 days.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.