Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (902034 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MrYagi: 6:33am On Jun 18, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
Nothing I no go here!!

Jewish like circumcision kwa!! shocked
Designer prick?? Ewoo na tattoo u wan do the thing add join? Biko differentiate normal and designer

Exit only!!! cool

Lol, what I meant is where can I get a clean and professional circumcision done in Lagos.
it would be heart wrenching if one rejects Yankee circumcision only to end up with a lesser professional experience here in naija....I read somewhere on this thread of a nurse conducting this process with just scissors..
I need recommendations Ejor...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:50am On Jun 18, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
Nothing I no go here!!

Jewish like circumcision kwa!! shocked
Designer prick?? Ewoo na tattoo u wan do the thing add join? Biko differentiate normal and designer

Exit only!!! cool

MrYagi:

Lol, what I meant is where can I get a clean and professional circumcision done in Lagos.
it would be heart wrenching if one rejects Yankee circumcision only to end up with a lesser professional experience here in naija....I read somewhere on this thread of a nurse conducting this process with just scissors..
I need recommendations Ejor...

This thread is turning to something else grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Maggie0133: 7:48am On Jun 18, 2016
He just wants the best for his baby. When the baby turns to a man, he wants him to be able to treat the babes right.

Please I need help on getting cheap flights from Dallas DFW to elpaso.

Thanks
justwise:

This thread is turning to something else grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 9:22am On Jun 18, 2016
Here we go again.... grin grin grin grin

Anyone want to explain themselves/insert justification here?

Anyone?

Hello. ..?
*crickets*

Anybody there?

#radio silence#
cheesy grin grin grin
CanadianRichBoy:
Why not give birth in Nigeria?

Are you not Nigerian?

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 9:29am On Jun 18, 2016
No Nnystc.

But why is he on Nairaland?

Is he not Canadian?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 9:40am On Jun 18, 2016
My own question is a bit derailing but its kinda connected grin

A manager in my office asked why I decided to birth in the US and deny my Parents (well not mine cos we don't do it) and my inlaws the joys of Day 8 naming ceremony undecided In his opinion (not that it matters to me), 'better healthcare' is an excuse and I shouldn't use that to deny the grandparents their joy.

So my question is to the Yoruba 's amongst us that don't get to travel with their mothers...How do you handle the 'naming ceremony ' issue?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 10:00am On Jun 18, 2016
I responded to the PM you sent me but didnt get a response.

CNOROYALCLAN:
Please who is coming to El Paso soon? Kindly pm. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tbash16: 10:08am On Jun 18, 2016
sugah:

A manager in my office asked why I decided to birth in the US and deny my Parents (well not mine cos we don't do it) and my inlaws the joys of Day 8 naming ceremony undecided In his opinion (not that it matters to me), 'better healthcare' is an excuse and I shouldn't use that to deny the grandparents their joy.

So my question is to the Yoruba 's amongst us that don't get to travel with their mothers...How do you handle the 'naming ceremony ' issue?
. It's done in absentia na, in my case it was done wit all d merriment n all in abj and even in my hometown sef...if marriages can take place without the couples being around then what is naming ceremony lol

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by teehey: 10:24am On Jun 18, 2016
Gd morning great Daddys n mummys in the house. Please I learnt that one needs to take his/ her child to America embassy in naija for registration. If it is true, please what is the process and will American embassy open on Saturday for such. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Precious2099: 10:36am On Jun 18, 2016
Hello House, this forum has really been helpful. I'm 29weeks pregnant and will traveling next week I have been having issues with accommodation. My Initial plan didn't work. Right now am looking for accommodation and affordable hospital in Chicago. Any useful information including Hospital names will be appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MadameU: 10:46am On Jun 18, 2016
Teehey,im not exactly sure of this but I don't think you have to do that if you processed your kids documents before returning to Nigeria. I know of people who did the registration thing because they didn't do the American passport for the babies at birth, returned with Nigerian ppt Oran emergency travel doc.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by DrPrincess: 11:22am On Jun 18, 2016
Okies. Many thanks. I was wondering if it meant getting a visa without an interview, n trying to renew d visa. Thanks for replying LadyGuinivere
LadyGuinivere:

Big grammar for 'you were given a visa the very last time you applied.'
Somebody could have a B visa.upon expiration you reapply either via interview /dropbox.if the subsequent application results in a refusal, u will no longer be qualified for dropbox. Capisce?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 11:29am On Jun 18, 2016
tbash16:
. It's done in absentia na, in my case it was done wit all d merriment n all in abj and even in my hometown sef...if marriages can take place without the couples being around then what is naming ceremony lol
Oh really? Kai! Means we have to start budgeting for that. But is it compulsory? undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by DrPrincess: 11:32am On Jun 18, 2016
Ehhh, which 1 is 'deny grandparents their joy' the grandparents would not mind na, mayb except it's their very first grandchild.
For me, we told them to send names a day to d naming, n we did d naming in a Redeemed church (baby had 14 names, as pa firstborn things, lol), sent them pics. When we returned, we did d baby dedication with celebration.

sugah:

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 11:44am On Jun 18, 2016
@sugah, dh is a muslim so his people will do the naming on that day at FIL house, we'll send the baby's name to them. Its probably goin to be a sitting room or small gathering thing$
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 11:45am On Jun 18, 2016
DrPrincess ok. But the baby already gets its name written on the BC on the day of birth, right? So the naming ceremony is just for formalty?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by candyce(f): 12:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
osat82:
Hello everyone,trust you are all doing good,Thank God I had my baby boy via C-Section on Monday at HNMC,I used Dr Morgan,intially I was pissed about aving a repeat c section but I am glad a did cos my baby weighed 4.4kg,I don't think I could AV survived pushing him out of me. Everything went well,they were not able to give me epidural cos for some reason it wasn't staying so I was put to sleep. So far everything went well I am good and my baby is healthy no complications,I AV paid my bills paid,3k dr fees and 3500 hospital bills and 750 epidural,I was discharged and I got a letter from d hospital stating I AV performed my financial obligations,however I am still expecting the pediatrician's bill,when I called I was told my son's info wasn't yet in their billing system and I should check next week.
But I must say HNMC wasn't nice when it came to giving free things,I was give six 40mls similac,and 10 diapers and a pack of baby wipe. And they wore a top for my baby through out our 2 night stay,the top was old and worn out,I wished I had brought my own stuff from the start.
Anyway boy is doing good Alhamdulilah

Congrats dear. God bless your LO kiss

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
Sugah,
The beauty if such parties is that its not meant to cost you a dime. Its the people soing it in absentia that typically pay for it. Also, there is no hard and fast rule about these things. You can come and do dedication + party when you come back. But if family insists on absentia party, let them have it.

When I had my first, we had plans for party but I was so traumatised by the delivery experience that I practically decided to 'hide' my child and told hubby no party! Nothing happened, naming and dedication were done by RCCG, Phoenix.

People came visiting one by one and all the money were deposited in baby's account, we ended up saving money.

sugah:

Oh really? Kai! Means we have to start budgeting for that. But is it compulsory? undecided

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 12:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
@ Evemama.....or who was asking about local travel with baby. All you need to the birth certificate to identify the baby. Good luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 12:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
happytbaby:

Sugah,
The beauty if such parties is that its not meant to cost you a dime. Its the people soing it in absentia that typically pay for it. Also, there is no hard and fast rule about these things. You can come and do dedication + party when you come back. But if family insists on absentia party, let them have it.

Thanks! Just what I wanted to hear. My Dh and I have talked about Baptism(im a Catholic) and child dedication but not naming. I just assumed since we wouldn't be around family there was no need for it. I guess we would have to talk about it cos FIL is late and if MIL insists on having it done, the expenses would still be on us.

Thanks simababe. I guess its more str8 forward for muslims as per same day paroles....no much preparation needed.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tyosho: 12:30pm On Jun 18, 2016
sugah:

You should do airbnb. Got a good deal on there. Few pointers.......
Don't forget to check the filters and ensure where you are renting is family friendly.
Some people charge for extra guests.... contact the host to ensure your baby doesn't count as extra guests. And also ask of their tolerance for having a new born around
You can ask for deals/discount.... I did and my future host gave me a very good deal.

If i remember anything else id let you know. Cheers

Thanks madam
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by wolefola: 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ajujuju2:

Thanks dear.
Abeg one more question, im very new to Air France policies and thy seem strict.

So my stroller is the bassinet type which means i need to detach the carrier from the wheels to fold. And it doesn't hav a carry bag. So im considering wrapping it at d airport for safety of the pieces and to avoid it gettn dirty.

How was your transported? Did they giv you a bag to put it in or they jst folded and threw on the conveyor??

yep dey put inside a bag demselve,I did not wrap anything,gave it to dem dat way and dey packaged it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 2:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
sugah:
My own question is a bit derailing but its kinda connected

Actually, d 8 day naming shouldnt be termed "Yoruba".

Its a biblical. Has its origins from events in the bible.If we look in the book of Luke, Leviticus,Acts etc, babies were circumcised on the 8th day and then named.
Locus clasicus Jesus: Luke 2:21.
Circumcision covenant: Acts 7:8

Yes the yoruba people adopted the naming part and the igbos do a 3 mnth cycle because they expect that mother and baby heal and mature before coming out to the public...(i think in relation to Leviticus12 probably).

However modern day pentecostals weda Igbo or Yoruba or Hausa or any tribe do all. 8 days naming/Prayer, 3mnths dedication /thanksgiving /consecration, all the works.

To answer your question, i guess the Yoruba moms will still do the naming in America with whoever is around, while the naija people do their own symbolic naming in naija on d 8th day as well (in absentia of cos)

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isysleek: 2:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
Update on UBA card for online transactions. I posted about UBA rate being 208 when I tried buying stuff on amazon few days ago. I chose the "pay in naira" option like I've always done in the past. It declined. Tried with two friends cards but also declined. Just spoke with UBA card fulfilment customer service and I was told "pay in naira" option has stopped. That I have to choose "pay in dollars" and I will be charged the naira equivalent. Rate on Friday was 377.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jinglesbaby: 2:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
Try flying Lufthansa, then you will know what strict really is. Flew them a second time and they told me that my hand luggage was too big for their 'danfo-bus-type-waste-basket' specification. They refused to check me in! 30mins to departure, I found a cleaner with transparent bin bag after running around the airport looking for an alternative. I emptied the suitcase (with all my underwear)into the transparent bin-bag (imagine the stares I got from pple around!) and squeezed it into their 'basket scale for hand luggage' before they checked me in. I had barely left the check-in desk when I heard my name being announced to hurry up to the gate cos the gate was about to close! My dear, I carried my bin-bag on my head like those 'agege bread hawkers' and started running to the gate o!
Thank goodness I made it! Infact, I was the last to board the plane. Supervisor at the boarding gate had to beg security to just let me get on because she saw that they wanted to start harassing me about my bin bag not meeting the specs again!

For the return leg, I wanted to change the date but Lufthansa said it was non-flexible and even non-refundable! I had to fly Emirates which was absolutely superb to and fro! I travelled on the double-decker plane from DXB to my destination and back to DXB!
NEVER PATRONISING LUFTHANSA AGAIN! NEVER AND I WOULD NOT ENCOURAGE MY ENEMY TO EVEN PATRONISE THEM!

I asked for extra food on the Frankfurt to LOS leg to make up for the early am trouble. Apart from the extra food, another good thing is the short travelling time.

Ajujuju2:

Thanks dear.
Abeg one more question, im very new to Air France policies and thy seem strict.

So my stroller is the bassinet type which means i need to detach the carrier from the wheels to fold. And it doesn't hav a carry bag. So im considering wrapping it at d airport for safety of the pieces and to avoid it gettn dirty.

How was your transported? Did they giv you a bag to put it in or they jst folded and threw on the conveyor??

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 2:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
teehey:
Gd morning great Daddys n mummys in the house. Please I learnt that one needs to take his/ her child to America embassy in naija for registration. If it is true, please what is the process and will American embassy open on Saturday for such. Thanks.

No u dnt need to tak the child to the embassy.
All you need to do is register the child via their website.
Step.state.gov

What is STEP?
The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service that allows U.S. citizens traveling or living abroad to enroll with the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

And No... Embassy not open on saturdays.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 2:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
MadameU:
Teehey,im not exactly sure of this but I don't think you have to do that if you processed your kids documents before returning to Nigeria. I know of people who did the registration thing because they didn't do the American passport for the babies at birth, returned with Nigerian ppt Oran emergency travel doc.

Actually you need to register your child.
Benefits of registeration include:
** Receive the latest safety and security information for your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
** Help the U.S. Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
** Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.

It also has other advantages apart from the above. Besides enrolling in STEP is a free service and it helps the Embassy know where to contact you in case of an emergency. Your enrollment information is protected by the Privacy Act and cannot be shared without your permission except under life or death emergency situations.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
sugah:

Thanks! Just what I wanted to hear. My Dh and I have talked about Baptism(im a Catholic) and child dedication but not naming. I just assumed since we wouldn't be around family there was no need for it. I guess we would have to talk about it cos FIL is late and if MIL insists on having it done, the expenses would still be on us.

Thanks simababe. I guess its more str8 forward for muslims as per same day paroles....no much preparation needed.

Im Igbo and catholic too... DH is pentecostal but was born in an Anglican family. So sometimes there is a mix of beliefs. Lol. For my first there really wasnt any such thing as naming day but we started praying from day1.

For my second i stayed with my cousin who goes to redeem and their pastor made it a point of duty to come on the eight day.

Whats d point od naming ceremonies if not PRAYER??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 2:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
wolefola:

yep dey put inside a bag demselve,I did not wrap anything,gave it to dem dat way and dey packaged it.

Thanks dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
Lol.
Nne. The thing tire person oh cheesy
sugah:
No Nnystc.

But why is he on Nairaland?

Is he not Canadian?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Precious2099: 2:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
Precious2099:
Hello House, this forum has really been helpful. I'm 29weeks pregnant and will traveling next week I have been having issues with accommodation. My Initial plan didn't work. Right now am looking for accommodation and affordable hospital in Chicago. Any useful information including Hospital names will be appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Precious2099: 2:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
Hello house, I really need help and advise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.