Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,488 members, 7,816,154 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? (4119 Views)

2 Things Virgin Boys Don't Know About Pussy / Bride Twerking Romantically For Groom On Their Wedding Day / Nobody NOSE Why Boys Don't Like Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 08, 2016
Adaure4ever:
"thanks dearie, goodbye sweetheart etc" these are some romantic words we girls use on ourselves as pleasantries BUT in the world of men, there is Nothing like that.
Sometimes, I see some guys calling each other "Madman, or Cartal etc on the phone, is "Madman" a romantic or dumb compliment?
whats the reason? Does it make them less of a man if they compliment each romantically?
Lets discuss #TGIF.
To avoid been seen as weak
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 08, 2016
durentdbiitch:
weak? Thats strange.
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 08, 2016
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by 4C2215131: 10:01am On Apr 08, 2016
Adaure4ever:
"thanks dearie, goodbye sweetheart etc" these are some romantic words we girls use on ourselves as pleasantries BUT in the world of men, there is Nothing like that.
Sometimes, I see some guys calling each other "Madman, or Cartal etc on the phone, is "Madman" a romantic or dumb compliment?
whats the reason? Does it make them less of a man if they compliment each romantically?
Lets discuss #TGIF.

In my opinion, it is informed by a deep-seated and latent desire not to feel less a man. We have been told that men have to be strong, bold, courageous, leaders, etc. Words such as you've described are sort of 'feminine' in nature a tag no right thinking man (save effeminate gays maybe) would want to be associated with.

Again, the subconscious fear of being seen as having amorous feelings for a fellow man or gay tendencies is another issue, Calling a chap sweetheart is so alien to a man's psyche as the first thing the mind relays to him is "what's with the sweetheart thingy? are you falling in love with Clement now'?

Again, though open to contention, I'd say the ability of ladies to really bond with their fellow chicks via such words of endearment underscores a latent and deep-seated proclivity to lesbianism. Ever wondered why it's so easy for females to have same-sex relationships as opposed to males. You'd find more lesbians in all all girl dormitory than you'd find gays in all all male dormitory.

Most times the road we find ourselves travelling and dispositions we find ourselves having are functions of certain deep seated pyschological constructs inherent in our persons. You just find yourself pre-dsposed to doing certain things without knowing why. If it's negative, you either fight the primal urge by developing wholesome habits and if positive you re-inforce it by embracing it.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by BentleyRoyce(f): 10:01am On Apr 08, 2016
Adaure4ever:
weak? Thats strange.
sorry to interrupt, where do you live?
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by marshalcarter: 10:03am On Apr 08, 2016
When the guy is not supplyin us fuel...why i go call am swthrt...moreover...it sounds gayish

Girl to Girl
Sandra:hello honey
Amara:hy swthrt..how u doin??
Sandra:m gud hon..missed you so i decided to call
Amara:awww dats very nyz..m at home..you can cum see me
Sandra:ok darling..m on ma way

Guy to Guy
Obuneme:swthrt how far
Buliya:tunda wan faya u baa??
Obuneme:c'mon hon i missed ya so i decided to call
Buliya:cum..make una see dis bastard oo..which tym u turn gay...tunda faya u..fire dismantle u..ogun rape u..infact no ever call me again grin

Probably wen a guy calls anoda guy..dats wah u get grin

1 Like

Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by ba7man(m): 10:05am On Apr 08, 2016
durentdbiitch:

See?? ...... Even durent wont do such.

That would appear quadruple gay. undecided

1 Like

Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by 4C2215131: 10:06am On Apr 08, 2016
Adaure4ever:
weak? Thats strange.
Far from being strange! Ever heard statements like 'be a man', 'stop crying like a woman','stop being a sissy', 'why are you arguing and going on and on like a woman'?

These are just some examples of what the world has given us. What society has dictated, nay nature itself. This is why I say this whole gender equality thingy is a failed crusade from the start as even nature abhors it. Your posts has just addressed the issue. It's a whole different measuring sccale when it comes to men and women.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 08, 2016
Adaure4ever:
weak? Thats strange.
For example, am gay but even if i see a guy i admire, i can't call him sweet names, i'd rather call him idiot, fishbrain. I only flirt once in a while with guys.

Men (straight or gay) don't call fellow guys swt names, it'd make dem sound weak.

dig?
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 08, 2016
BentleyRoyce:
sorry to interrupt, where do you live?
why do u ask, dear
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by BentleyRoyce(f): 10:28am On Apr 08, 2016
Adaure4ever:
why do u ask, dear
curiosity got the better of me dear. So you mind telling?
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 08, 2016
its just who we are. Which corekt nigga dey act like pvssy?
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by 2sexycom(m): 11:04am On Apr 08, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Lets discuss #TGIF.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin iTS how we roll

1 Like

Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by esejessy(f): 11:09am On Apr 08, 2016
layla129:
That's some gay shiit...imagine a guy calling a fellow guy babe, sweetheart shocked
jesuuuuuuuu! DTS so weird shocked

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by esejessy(f): 11:17am On Apr 08, 2016
BentleyRoyce:
Using romantic compliments for a fellow dude is some fvkin gay shiiit

Imagine your dad's colleague dropping your dad home only to turn around and be like 'see you tomorrow sexy' or 'sweet dreams honey'. What will come to your mind?
lmaoooo grin grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by BentleyRoyce(f): 11:22am On Apr 08, 2016
esejessy:
lmaoooo grin grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Think am na cheesy cheesy
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by esejessy(f): 11:22am On Apr 08, 2016
I am always happy when I am in the midst of guys.No dulling moments. They can tease for Africa! cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by esejessy(f): 11:23am On Apr 08, 2016
BentleyRoyce:
Think am na cheesy cheesy
Na true jare! it sounds weird to me.
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by BentleyRoyce(f): 11:28am On Apr 08, 2016
esejessy:
Na true jare! it sounds weird to me.
very weird. Lol

1 Like

Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by Funkybabee(f): 12:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
na for fun
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 08, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Lets discuss #TGIF.
GIRL TO GIRL ON PHONE

GIRL1 - hello sweet joy
GIRL2 - hi babe jane
GIRL1 - i'm cool how you doing with your cute self
GIRL2 - just fine hope you ain't killing boy's with your sexy shape
GIRL1 - lol no ooo if them wohn Die make dem die na just called to check on you... Have something doing bye dearie
GIRL2 - bye sweedie
(call ends)
GIRL1 to herself - mtcheeeew dat mumu winch she tink sae i care about her mumu life haha mtcheeeeew

GIRL2 to himself - dat a.shewo wae go dae claim holy abeg wetin make i even pick her call mtcheeew

BOY TO BOY ON PHONE

BOY 1 - Oboi Junior d bagga hawva na

BOY 2 - Tunji cow i jus dae oo how tinz na

BOY 1 - Mhenn life dae go well oo how dat ur mumu babe na

BOY 2 - ISHI ewu whu you dae call mumu babe make i no wound you oo

BOY 1 - see dix unborn Goat common comot here .. U no even happi sae i call u sef come compliment ur babe... Sha lata we qo tok i wohn sleep bye

BOY 2 - cow go sleep jhorr before yhur milk go explode..lata we go talk

(call ends)

BOY1 to himself - junior my mann u no dae get fear again oo sha you still be ma boi

BOY 2 to himself - Tunji ma tyt niqqa no worri wen we see we go comot go flex

TRUE OR FALSE.

4 Likes

Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by wilybebsy(m): 1:11pm On Apr 08, 2016
Imagine stuff like ' Lala dearie please move this thread to front page
and
sh!t like ' were this yeye mod dey, oya Lala carry this thread go frontpage.cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by dayojags10(m): 1:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
Gay alert.... I can't imagine myself using dose weak words on my Gees. Femi go be like 'Oloshi, I don tell you make yu no dy smoke weed under dis hot sun' 'Make I go report you to ur mama before you enter market'. If I never start or end conversation with 'Madman' 'OmoEran(SonOfGoat) while chatting with my guys, my body never come down. Buts it all d opposite, have got deir back, and they've got mine.
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by Temitoppe(m): 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
layla129:
That's some gay shiit...imagine a guy calling a fellow guy babe, sweetheart shocked

you've said it all
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 08, 2016
Op get ya head checked or get gay guys as friends wtf!!
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by Free101(m): 6:21pm On Apr 08, 2016
Adaure4ever:
lwkmd.. Nawa o
That's how we [guys] roll
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by Adaeze003(f): 6:47pm On Apr 08, 2016
The gal pals I hail the "dude way" saying stuff like "olodo" "mad woman" and bla bla bla are old friends...

The "dear" gals are not so close...

You know what they say about old friends being like diamond? They can take it! Then new friends being gold? Handle with care...
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by Malayy(m): 7:01pm On Apr 08, 2016
i call my guys 'weyrey' 'onye ara'.. and we are cool with that
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by iykekelvins(m): 7:42pm On Apr 08, 2016
Lol!
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 08, 2016
Gals
Amaka: hello bebe am on my way to ur house...
Chioma: ok dear i will be waiting... After call...
Amaka: am going to dat dity gal house again... Mtcheeeew
Chioma: so this witch is coming here again she thinks i will buy her drink with my money she must be joking...

Guys
Emeka: hello stup.id boy how u and ur drunkard father dey... Omo i dey come charge fone for ur house buy drink oh...
Uzoma: fool how ur ashewo mother, start to come i dey house... After the call..
Emeka: uzoma might b weird but he is a great friend..
Uzoma: emeka is so funny but he is indeed a gud friend...
Lesson: girls are always nice to demselve in person but hate each other at d back, guys are so mean to demselve but got each others back........
My love (adaure4life) hope u grab??
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by hfinest1(m): 12:36am On Apr 09, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Lets discuss #TGIF.
angry ewwww.... it's gayish... if any guy calls me dear or sweetheart, i swear I'll report him to the police... we don't do romantic compliment shii... its too gayish jae... rather we compliment ourselves with word like chief, boss, oga, baba o! stuff like that sounds more manly... sweetheart, dear, love, bae, etc are feminine compliments
Re: Whats The Reason Why Boys Don't Compliment Themselves Romantically? by ArinzeAlec(m): 1:55am On Apr 09, 2016
Op, Mba. You failed this one. Imagine your boyfriend complimenting his fellow dude about how thick/fat his ass is?

Thinking about it self is shit.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lanicky did not deserve to win! Now she won, what's next? / 25 Miraclous Facts Of Sex And What You Need To Know / We Slept With Snakes, Ladies Narrated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.