Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola (45691 Views)

Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity / Irregular Power Supply Not My Fault - FASHOLA / Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by Mstings: 10:48pm On Apr 08, 2016
sanandreas:
Well I don't feel this power outage as such. There is light at least 12 hours everyday.
I feel it o. My area In osogbo we used to have light for at least 18 to 19 hrs a day now sometimes we just have 5 or 4 or 12
Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by Bollinger(m): 10:49pm On Apr 08, 2016
DaVinci24:
Give us someone to blame na...

Minister of Darkness

Look in the mirror. That's who to blame. Nigerians, especially the electorate, are the architect of their own misfortune.

1 Like

Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by Lilimax(f): 10:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
I've come to learn that for you to succeed in this present Government going by the turn of event, you must learn how to speak from the two sides of your mouth so to say embarassed I'm waiting keenly with optimism for the positive CHANGE we were promised. smiley
Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by Justicealh3(m): 10:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
olillywales:
Minister of Power, Works and Housing,
[s]“If there is not enough electricity, it is not the fault of the President but you and I, who are employed to work in this sector.”[/s]
When you said we should blame not "Mr President for power failuretongue is E (Bhr) not a humanbeing is E (Bhr) not a Nigerian citizen When you thy there say i & ucheesy need to work together. Mr Ibe K' wakeup ooo is time of breakfast already.
Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by gurunlocker: 10:51pm On Apr 08, 2016
But it was GEJ fault last year?

1 Like

Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by AreaFada2: 10:52pm On Apr 08, 2016
Genius100:
Nigerians are incredibly dumb sha. These same silly youths will be shouting that there is no work when the fact is that most of them are unemployable. Did you clowns even bother to read what Fashola said? He was addressing electricity workers and he said it was their fault i.e. Fashola's and the electricity workers'..

In Jonathan's time, with 14, 16 to 18 hours of light in many places, he was blamed for any light issues.
Fashola said electricity provision was no rocket science.

Are you saying GEJ was minister of power and sole employee of the ministry and of NEPA/PHCN that it was his fault??

The hypocrisy of zombies is astonishing.

Who gives a rat's ass about who he was addressing?

Were the same employees not there providing better electricity back in GEJ's time, yet same Fashola & mere commissioner Osunbade spread lies everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by ijedallar: 10:58pm On Apr 08, 2016
They started with propaganda,continued with blame, backed up with lies now they are running short of all.I want to cry now but couldnt
I just Imagin what Tinubu would have been doing now in OJo park,what Ivy Okwesili Eze would have been doing in the unity park at Abj,what Lai Mohammed would have been doing at Channels Tv by now if reverse were to be the case.for me I had giving up long ago when Buhari poster Came out as party flag bearer,cus They pain I passed tru in 1983 was fresh my memory,is only God that can help us otherwise I see all his ministers running away from office cos No lies to back up their previous lies

2 Likes

Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by lumeneng22: 11:00pm On Apr 08, 2016
so this man still get mouth to talk? I think they say you perform some magic in Lagos state,? You should resign Noe before it is too late. That was how bola ige came to decirve Nigerians the other time .Longer troat lawyers.

1 Like

Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by nortcentrallord(m): 11:00pm On Apr 08, 2016
Ibudus:
Rather than fighting Fashola, why don't we all mobilize and fight those vandals bastards. How can you explain the sudden drop? The man was only getting workers to sit up jare and you all shouldnt make a big deal outa it. Ofcourse, the government needs to sit up

Mobilize and do what? Some of you Nigerians are sick upstairs. You provide virtually everything for yourselves yet you are still calling on people to provide security even of other people's property. Isn't provision of security as such an exclusive list? This is the very reason this country will never grow because of sentiment filled talk.

You can as well go get your machete and go seat under the service cable in the bush and guide it.

3 Likes

Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by truthspeaks: 11:00pm On Apr 08, 2016
Until we begin 2 stone dem n nt hailing dem
TheFreeOne:
Its my fault abi? Does he even know the buck stops at his table?

This govt hasn't realize Nigerians aren't smiling.

1 Like

Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by kel5000(m): 11:02pm On Apr 08, 2016
ClintonDal:

Not only "sabotoirs" even "abbattoir"
grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by Achorise: 11:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
But during time of Jonathan, you blamed him and insulted all his good policies, now you wouldn't want to blame Buhari.

you have seen the true meaning of governance, not Lagos.

1 Like

Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by excel101(m): 11:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
olillywales:
Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, as appealed to the conscience of electricity workers on Thursday, April 7 over epileptic power supply in the country saying the issue of epileptic eletricity is not the President's fault.

Speaking at the third triennial delegates’ conference of the Senior Staff Association of Electricity and Allied Companies, the Minister said Nigeria lost N7.734bn between 2014 and 2016, owing to frequent strike actions embarked upon by electricity workers.

Fashola said the monumental revenue loss was discovered after conducting a snap survey of strikes embarked upon by workers in the sector between April 2014 and March 2016.

“Our job is to provide electricity and get paid for it; we have no other job. If electricity is not enough, it means that we haven’t provided it, you and I.

“If there is not enough electricity, it is not the fault of the President but you and I, who are employed to work in this sector.”

“The finger pointing should stop. Our responsibility is to provide electricity, let us go back to work, we will solve the disputes one by one. It is improved productivity of electricity that yields the money that goes into your pockets, let us understand it, because you don’t get paid in advance but in arrears,” he said.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/04/if-theres-no-electricity-its-not.html

You're very right, but who else do you blame when u've given someone the job to restore power? It still boils down to the president, cos he's on the driving sit. Mr Fashola, you blamed GEJ for BH, electricity, corruption etc. Now that PMB is in charge u're singing a different song. PMB will definitely be blamed for everything that has gone wrong in his administration and likewise praised for what he got right.

1 Like

Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
DaVinci24:
Give us someone to blame na...

Minister of Darkness
ona no go kill pasin oooo.... Minister of darkness huh...
Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by darediamond(m): 11:07pm On Apr 08, 2016
Nigerians, the Sun is free. Be wise. Save 100 naira a day for 900 days and you will get get for yourself Solar Generator that can power most things in your house.
Stop relying on Government.
They don't mean to make you Happy at all nor ready to give you freedom.
So L I B E R A T E yourself.
Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by walegee(m): 11:09pm On Apr 08, 2016
sharonbaron:
Why won't I blame buhari how could he appoint a man who achieved nothing in power as lagos governor a man who failed to consolidate on his predecessors plan to provide uninterrupted power for lagosians. Even bart nnaji was a million times better than this each time I regret why jonathan allowed prof nnaji to resign the country would have achieved a lot under him
You need to start talking without bringing gej into the matter and are you a lagosian
Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by sLentlover7778(m): 11:09pm On Apr 08, 2016
It's not your fault, it's because your name start with F... it means you are a failure.
Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by walegee(m): 11:11pm On Apr 08, 2016
AreaFada2:

In Jonathan's time, with 14, 16 to 18 hours of light in many places, he was blamed for any light issues.
Fashola said electricity provision was no rocket science.

Are you saying GEJ was minister of power and sole employee of the ministry and of NEPA/PHCN that it was his fault??

The hypocrisy of zombies is astonishing.

Who gives a rat's ass about who he was addressing?

Were the same employees not there providing better electricity back in GEJ's time, yet same Fashola & mere commissioner Osunbade spread lies everywhere.
Many places is no place, mention places
Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by ALEGETEMITOPE(m): 11:11pm On Apr 08, 2016
Lol. Minister for darkness

1 Like

Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by excel101(m): 11:11pm On Apr 08, 2016
tmel2:
I really don't know when we'll start commenting without doing so base on sentiment and emotion. The man said "YOU and I"; which include himself. After all, that is his ministry and those who he referred to as YOU work under this same ministry. Fashola is only attributing the faults and those responsible for providing electricity, which makes him more responsible.
Am i the minister of power or Fashola? He's simply afraid that its not going to be easy. Talk is cheap, Jonathan this Jonathan that, Fashola deliver now ooo!

2 Likes

Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by TheFreeOne: 11:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
truthspeaks:
Until we begin 2 stone dem n nt hailing dem

Ameachi once advised nigerians to stone politicians including himself. Seems the time for action is now.

1 Like

Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by eddyroyal(m): 11:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
Let the be light.

1 Like

Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by walegee(m): 11:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
Sijo01:
So it's the masses faults.
Read the post ma
Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by loomer: 11:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
vedaxcool:
Baba doesn't know the foolish wailing supporters of thieves are typing away their electoral defeat in one agonizing pain after another. Fashola has sent a notice to electricity workers time to buckle up.

If I insult u, them go say I do bad. Since light no dey dey, shey we no dey pay bill?

Which stupid money dem loss for strike?

1 Like

Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by specco(m): 11:22pm On Apr 08, 2016
Lol. Nigerians have a way of dashing out befitting names to these people: The list includes:
●Dullard of daura
●Lair M'hamed
●Commisioner osunbande
●Lizard of Ubima (Amechi)
And now Fashola bags the Honourable Minister of Darkness.
But on a more serious note, what does Fashola mean by that statement.
Doesnt he know that the buck stops at his table. Or is he stylishly passing the buck to Pmb? Somebody should please remind Fashola that to achieve steady power supply is not rocket science.

5 Likes

Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by abbey621(m): 11:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
Fashola need to realize that when people are not given electricity then no fuel to power their alternative source of energy then mix that with growing economic hardship, what you get is a massive voice of discontent across the nation. No one but the president should accept the biggest blame. Buhari is the president of this nation, he should address the nation and its concerns not hide behind f*cking excuses!

1 Like

Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by Glorealluv(m): 11:29pm On Apr 08, 2016
Den its jonathan's fault, 4 geting himself defeated by dis shameless govt n leaving nigerians in a confused state 4rm a confused leaders.

God Bless Nigeria sha
Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by chmeze(m): 11:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
benedictnsi:
Which kind talk be this Na.......

Upon say God said : "let there be be light"...
He never had Nigeria in mind when he said it.

1 Like

Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by SleekMallam: 11:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
sharonbaron:
Why won't I blame buhari how could he appoint a man who achieved nothing in power as lagos governor a man who failed to consolidate on his predecessors plan to provide uninterrupted power for lagosians. Even bart nnaji was a million times better than this each time I regret why jonathan allowed prof nnaji to resign the country would have achieved a lot under him
It's same Amala and ewedu propaganda that frustrated Barth nnaji out. GEJ was left with no choice.

1 Like

Re: 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola by ndcide(m): 11:38pm On Apr 08, 2016
He almost said Jonathan.

You see now, no body wants to hold buhari to account for ANYTHING.

But the same fashola blamed GEJ for a robbery incident in lekki. Ladies and gentlemen, were we unfair to GEJ?

He may not be the best man but we were Really unfair to him.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bola Ige’s Murder: We Were Paid Huge Money In Abuja – Suspects / My Photo Was Attached To Obi-Datti Campaign Flyer Without Consent - Mr Macaroni / This Is What Lai Mohammed Has To Say About The Buhari’s Ministerial List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.