Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 (911408 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (500) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donkafor(m): 5:08pm On Jun 06, 2017
It depends on University. For example, you can apply as many as you like at TUM (each application will require complete set of documents) but can only apply to one course at TUHH.
Check the university's website
steph6:

please I need answers
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hybeenoni: 5:09pm On Jun 06, 2017
neccki:

I also applied

@ neccki wat course and hv u been admitted?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by haybellfire(m): 5:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
henriq2:

Let me clarify you.

1) Use any university of choice as the receiving address. Uni-assist doesn't care about the address on the transcript. But use the school you really care about in other to still use it for enrollment.

Then you know the way you can collect it by hand before mailing it to Uni-assist, after you have certified it.

NB: always crosscheck your transcript when you receive it from school, as humans, they do have typo error in it.
Ah abeg me i wan ask ooo bcoz my skul refused to gimme the transcript by hand and i til them to send it to uniassist directly am i aave ike this
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by steph6: 5:43pm On Jun 06, 2017
donkafor:
It depends on University. For example, you can apply as many as you like at TUM (each application will require complete set of documents) but can only apply to one course at TUHH.
danke
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DisturbingEU(m): 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2017
Good evening NLs I wanna ask a question real quick.. How long does it take for the embassy to verify all submitted docs for family reunion?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mrbigman1(m): 6:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
uchevolata:
Thanks
So it means that they will post your account opening to DB next week?
How did your account opening go today? I hope you were not delayed.

Someone who got to repeat hers said she got a mail from DB after a week or so. So I guess we should expect Either opened or rejected I guess.

As for today, damn! that guy who receives ppl was a monster. He actually looks like one. Just distablized a whole lot of ppl.

I got a easy pass anyway cos I was ready for anything.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mrbigman1(m): 6:19pm On Jun 06, 2017
haybellfire:

Ah abeg me i wan ask ooo bcoz my skul refused to gimme the transcript by hand and i til them to send it to uniassist directly am i aave ike this

Ask dem for student copy.

Tell dem germany wants u to certify it no matter how packaged it is, it need to be certified to be valid.

Bribe dem and get what u want an move ahead.

Atimes if u re not strong headed, things will be difficult.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mrbigman1(m): 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2017
steph6:

please I need answers

Winter semester 2018 deadlines re all by d corner.

Read and do it urself lest u ve to wait till next year.

And u need to be fast.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MabraO: 6:30pm On Jun 06, 2017
henriq2:

Something seems to be wrong, write them as soon as possible and level your complaint. Remember to use your payment details. It normally takes at most two days to get response.

U know the means which I can write then?
Cos I'm getting worried
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ebenosky: 6:56pm On Jun 06, 2017
Good evening guys, is there anyone applying to University of Tubingen but yet to send his documents via DHL?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Eke40seven(m): 7:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
DisturbingEU:
Good evening NLs I wanna ask a question real quick.. How long does it take for the embassy to verify all submitted docs for family reunion?
Family reunion is a very big issue with a lot of processes. They will verify EVERYTHING you submit. They will visit your primary school, Secondary school, sometimes even your religious organisation. No matter where it is located. And these things take a lot of time depending on how easy the process is for them. I heard you can talk to the official when he comes to your place on how you can help make the process easier and faster for them... But in the absence of that, for some it takes 3 months, some 6 months. It takes a lot of patience.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by neccki: 7:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
hybeenoni:

@ neccki wat course and hv u been admitted?

University of Hildesheim
Data Analytics
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Linkzy(f): 7:43pm On Jun 06, 2017
arieshybrid:
Quick one:

Does anyone have/had this problem:

My sister sent her Bsc Cert to uni-assist, uni-assist rejected it that they need the transcript, now the problem is, her university mos definitely doesn't give student copy. They want to send the original straight to the school. Now here is the problem, uni-assist stated that they want "certified copy" for all docs and no original.

The university will send original to uni-assist, which is not a certified copy. We could aswell find a way to get the transcript if we want to, but the second problem is, the school always write "receiver's name and address" on the transcript, so i feel it won't make sense when a transcript is addressed to uni-assist and uni-assist see that it's a photocopy but as been certified. SAD but i don't know if people will understand my write up, but anyways below are the questions needing clarification.

Question:
- Should the university go ahead to send the transcript to uni-assist straight (which is original and not certified)
- Should we find a way to get the transcript (we can work around collecting it), photocopy and have it certified before it's been sent (uni-assist address is already on the first page of the transcript)

Please any honest advice will go a long way...

Hello,

I understand you clearly. Found myself in that situation too but what I did was: address the transcript to a place like your place of work.,pay all the money... Just make it look like your place of work needs it.. It will be posted directly to your place of work. Get it, photocopy, certify every page and send it to uniassist through courier.... Keep the original and thank me later...

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Eke40seven(m): 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
Since I have been so busy, I haven't had enough time to contribute as much but because of popular demand I will try to rate some cities here.
I am not ranking anything, anyone could be better than the other based on your individual preferences so I would try as much as possible to use several multiple criteria for my assessment.
I will present them one by one, post by post in no particular order.
With no further ado, I present....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Eke40seven(m): 8:30pm On Jun 06, 2017
BREMEN

Semester Ticket (Mobility): Most schools in Bremen and neighbouring areas uses the VBN network. With this, you can use all transport around Bremen, Lower Saxony and the regional train to Hamburg. Can you beat that? You will only understand if you have an idea how much transportation cost. In essence you can find jobs easily within those areas at the extra cost for transportation!!
Rating: 5/5 stars

Cost of Living: just average for a relatively big city. Accommodation, food, etc. Not crazy like Munich although not cheap like East Germany. Something in between.
Rating: 3/5 stars

Jobs: Well, students there are mostly absorbed by Mercedes. Where they earn some good cash especially during holidays. People come from far and wide to work there. If your German is okay, then your chances are unlimited but with no German at all, it can be very difficult too. However, your options are more varied with the great mobility and cheap accessibility to places around.
Rating: 4/5 stars

Residency Permits and Extension/Family Reunion: Bremen is not filled with immigrants for nothing. Very "multi kulti". Which means their Burgerbüro have got a lot of work on their hands. So they slap you with at least 2 years extension so you won't have to come back anytime soon to disturb their peace. Extensions are also favourable for students. You don't need another blocked 8,800 euros. With a job and some cash, you can have your residency extended, sometimes to whatever reasonable time that you wish!!

Schools and Internationality: I don't need to write much about this. A fact you already know. Their big university of Bremen ( a world class uni by any standard) host a lot of international students, and also the one in Bremerhaven. I will remove a star because there are obviously cities hosting more international students. I don't think you will feel alone there, because there are always Nigerian students around to keep you company.

Not a shabby performance generally or is it?

Contributions, opinions and criticism are welcomed.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dammyAJ(f): 8:57pm On Jun 06, 2017
arieshybrid:

Thank you for your response, the issue we actually have is, the university writes the name of the receiver, that is they will write "uni-assist" on the transcript, which means it will be addressed to the school which means that its meant to be the university sending the transcript.

Hope there would be any RED flag wondering how we got it to photocopy and certify it, just trying to be careful, my school Unilag doesn't write the receivers information on the transcript but attach a letter to the transcript, which its only the letter that is addressed, and not the transcript, this way you can make as many copies and use for several stuffs.

Last question on this issue:

- will uni-assist accept transcript sent directly from the university, which means it wont be certified...

Thank you for time guys!!

You can ask your school to send it to your place of work or your friend's... That way you can get the transcript
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DisturbingEU(m): 10:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
Eke40seven:
Family reunion is a very big issue with a lot of processes. They will verify EVERYTHING you submit. They will visit your primary school, Secondary school, sometimes even your religious organisation. No matter where it is located. And these things take a lot of time depending on how easy the process is for them. I heard you can talk to the official when he comes to your place on how you can help make the process easier and faster for them... But in the absence of that, for some it takes 3 months, some 6 months. It takes a lot of patience.

Thank you very much for enlightening me I find this more helpful.... Gute Nacht!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chu13chu: 11:16pm On Jun 06, 2017
Eke40seven:
Since I have been so busy, I haven't had enough time to contribute as much but because of popular demand I will try to rate some cities here.
I am not ranking anything, anyone could be better than the other based on your individual preferences so I would try as much as possible to use several multiple criteria for my assessment.
I will present them one by one, post by post in no particular order.
With no further ado, I present....
Wonderful Information but please can you kindly also post about Darmstadt, Hamburg, Kassel If you know anything about them.
Danke Schon
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by goofyrhymes: 11:43pm On Jun 06, 2017
chu13chu:

Wonderful Information but please can you kindly also post about Darmstadt, Hamburg, Kassel If you know anything about them.
Danke Schon

@Eke40seven and other bosses in the house, even places like Giessen and Friedberg in the state of Hesse. Danke im Voraus grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 07, 2017
Haywhy1987:
I wasn't accepted.
How about you?
so sorry. about that. i was accepted
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Olanrewaju92(m): 6:06am On Jun 07, 2017
Eke40seven:
BREMEN

Semester Ticket (Mobility): Most schools in Bremen and neighbouring areas uses the VBN network. With this, you can uses all transport around Bremen, Lower Saxony and the regional train to Hamburg. Can you beat that? You will only understand if you have an idea how much transportation cost. In essence you can find jobs easily within those areas at the extra cost for transportation!!

Cost of Living: just average for a relatively big city. Accommodation, food, etc. Not crazy like Munich although not cheap like East Germany. Something in between.
Rating: 3/5 stars

Jobs: Well, students there are mostly absorbed by Mercedes. Where they earn some good cash especially during holidays. People come from far and wide to work there. If your German is okay, then your chances are unlimited but with no German at all, it can be very difficult too. However, your options are more varied with the great mobility and cheap accessibility to places around.

Residency Permits and Extension/Family Reunion: Bremen is not filled with immigrants for nothing. Very "multi kulti". Which means their Burgerbüro have got a lot of work on their hands. So they slap you with at least 2 years extension so you won't have to come back anytime soon to disturb their peace. Extensions are also favourable for students. You don't need another blocked 8,800 euros. With a job and some cash, you can have your residency extended, sometimes to whatever reasonable time that you wish!!

Schools and Internationality: I don't need to write much about this. A fact you already know. Their big university of Bremen ( a world class uni by any standard) host a lot of international students, and also the one in Bremerhaven. I will remove a star because there are obviously cities hosting more international students. I don't think you will feel alone there, because there are always Nigerian students around to keep you company.

Not a shabby performance generally or is it?

Contributions, opinions and criticism are welcomed.

Thanks for this, I'm certainly sure people like U would be giving us picture of where we're going to in deutschland. I would love to know more about Flensburg & Bayreuth. Would be very grateful. Vielen Danke Bruder AK47
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MabraO: 7:09am On Jun 07, 2017
henriq2:

Something seems to be wrong, write them as soon as possible and level your complaint. Remember to use your payment details. It normally takes at most two days to get response.

I just saw on their page that international transfer takes two weeks.

Now I just ve to wait till Monday or Tuesday day next week
Cos I be wan para for my malee say maybe she don fill incorrect info even wen I gave her the correct one
Tho she still did in my name sha failed to give my full middle name nd used an initials
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uchevolata: 9:10am On Jun 07, 2017
Please, can anyone let me if it was possible to track your prepaid courier after the DB block account opening at the embassy?
I have been trying to track mine and it is displaying no records found.

Thank you
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by hybeenoni: 9:16am On Jun 07, 2017
neccki:

University of Hildesheim
Data Analytics

Have you been admitted?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by yusufjinadu: 9:41am On Jun 07, 2017
I applied for a VISA interview via mail today the 7th of JUNE, 2017 and the interview date given to me was 31st of August 2017 (12 weeks later! and just 2 weeks to the commencement of my enrollment period).

Is that normal?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uchevolata: 9:49am On Jun 07, 2017
Yes it is very normal...

Please, can anyone let me if it was possible to track your prepaid courier after the DB block account opening at the embassy?

Thank you

yusufjinadu:
I applied for a VISA interview via mail today the 7th of JUNE, 2017 and the interview date given to me was 31st of August 2017 (12 weeks later! and just 2 weeks to the commencement of my enrollment period).

Is that normal?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uchevolata: 10:10am On Jun 07, 2017

Thank you
donkafor:
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chrisley024(m): 10:38am On Jun 07, 2017
yusufjinadu:

Is that normal?
Is your enrolment date on the admission letter? If yes, you need to write to them cos the visa processing takes time unless the enrolment deadline is far.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ritzyvic1(m): 2:19pm On Jun 07, 2017
yusufjinadu:

Is that normal?

What they are now considering is the deadline for enrollment. There are many in the queue already, so that 31st is the earliest available date
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bizza009(m): 2:46pm On Jun 07, 2017
yusufjinadu:

Is that normal?

Please when is your enrolment deadline?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donkafor(m): 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2017
I don't really know. Maybe it's still at the embassy. Also, use other tracking sites like 17track...... Kindly be patient.
uchevolata:

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (500)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.