Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,415 members, 7,812,224 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1205252 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tunai(m): 8:17pm On Jun 08, 2016
Hello Bellong or any other guru in the house

Please help answer the following questions:
1.Is it possible to get medicals done in advance to getting invitation to apply for my visa, so I can save time?
2. What is the validity period of medical result?
3. What hospital does DIBP normally direct visa applicants to and what is the address?
4. How much time on the average is required for medical test outcome?
5. Can I also do police clearance in advance and how long does it take.
6. How much would I spend on medicals and police clearance for a family of 4 ( 2 kids less than 3 years old)?.

Thanks in advance.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:45pm On Jun 08, 2016
@giddyyayo,

First be done with the assessment and English test before filling EOI.

Standard of living is high, if you have family, budget at least $250/week for a 2-bedroom apartment. It is the most expensive thing you pay for.

@CM2003,

I have no idea what your occupation is but I believe you can find better alternative on the list. Anything closely related?
What about sales and marketing manager? Or supply and distribution manager?

1. Not advisable, medical is valid for only one year so also police clearance. If you do it on time and your invitation gets delayed and the application process extends beyond the validity, you will be asked to do it again amounting in double payment.

2. See1

3. Check DIBP website for update.. I know Fatayi Williams in Lagos and Zankli in Abuja.

4. Depends if you don't have any medical issues, max one week.

5. See 1. Police clearance can be collected same day at Alagbon.

6. I can't answer this as prices change. You will have to contact the hospital.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tunai(m): 11:35pm On Jun 08, 2016
Thanks a lot, I am actually going for SA nomination and I heard its fast. I was only looking for a way of making my visa process faster.

bellong:
@giddyyayo,

Standard of living is high, if you have family, budget at least $250/week for a 2-bedroom apartment. It is the most expensive thing you pay for.

@CM2003,

I have no idea what your occupation is but I believe you can find better alternative on the list. Anything closely related?

1. Not advisable, medical is valid for only one year so also police clearance. If you do it on time and your invitation gets delayed and the application process extends beyond the validity, you will be asked to do it again amounting in double payment.

2. See1

3. Check DIBP website for update.. I know Fatayi Williams in Lagos and Zankli in Abuja.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:42pm On Jun 08, 2016
tunai:
Thanks a lot, I am actually going for SA nomination and I heard its fast. I was only looking for a way of making my visa process faster.

Wait till you are invited to apply. When you submit application to DIBP, then you can start medical and PCC.

Why SA, if possible get nomination fromother states than SA. SA should be a last resort.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tunai(m): 3:53am On Jun 09, 2016
My occupation is only in SA CSOL, unless I have to wait till July 1st to see if it would be available in other states. What are the issues with SA?

bellong:

Wait till you are invited to apply. When you submit application to DIBP, then you can start medical and PCC.

Why SA, if possible get nomination fromother states than SA. SA should be a last resort.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OmogeNG: 3:59am On Jun 09, 2016
tunai:
My occupation is only in SA CSOL, unless I have to wait till July 1st to see if it would be available in other states. What are the issues with SA?

Unemployment is very high in SA.The highest in Australia. But you can ask for a release letter if you have been unable to secure a job - usually 6mths.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 4:00am On Jun 09, 2016
OmogeNG:

Unemployment is very high in SA.The highest in Australia. But you can ask for a release letter if you have been unable to secure a job - usually 6mths.

Well said..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tunai(m): 4:33am On Jun 09, 2016
Oga Bellong and Omogeng, please help with answers:

1. What are the consequences of going for a job in other state despite been nominated by a seperate state.

2. Is it true that the government gives some money to PR holders, if true, how much is it?

3. is it advisable to move with my family at ones or i should get in first

4. What are the ways i can get a job in SA from Naija, my ANZCO is Transport company manager

Thanks grin.

quote author=OmogeNG post=46402714]

Unemployment is very high in SA.The highest in Australia. But you can ask for a release letter if you have been unable to secure a job - usually 6mths.[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by giddyyayo: 7:15am On Jun 09, 2016
Ok thanks I will keep you updated with my progress and any subsequent queries I might have.
bellong:
@giddyyayo,

@CM2003,

2. See1

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:02am On Jun 09, 2016
@Tunai,

1. Why would you want to get the sponsorship of a state without planning to live there even for 6months.
I really don't know the consequences because it states that it is a moral obligation but if it is for 489, it is breach of visa conditions, deportation loading.

2. No fixed amount is being paid, it is rent assistance and family support allowance which is dependent on family income. All other support comes after two years of living here. You probably may have no need of the government handout if you get something doing on time.

3. Different strokes for different folks bro. I prefer that you come first, get a good place and the family can join you. Not good subjecting them to stress.

4. No other ways than submitting application. If you are lucky, good.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by LezDiva(f): 9:44am On Jun 09, 2016
oknee:

@noblealuu

From ubktech

Migration Steps for Medical Laboratory Scientists

STEP 1
To see if you qualify for this program, you need at least 60 points, goto:
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/189.aspx click on ‘Points Test’
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/190.aspx click on ‘Points Test’
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/489.aspx click on ‘Points Test’

STEP 2
Undertake IELTS test (International English Language Testing System). IELTS is conducted every month by the British Council across several towns in Nigeria http://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/ you will need an Overall Band score of 7.0 or better in either the Academic or General Training module of the test.
For IELTS preparation materials, you could go to; http://www.ieltsbuddy.com/

You can also opt for pte or toefl

STEP 3
Undertake Skills assessment by the Australian Institute of Medical Scientists (AIMS). This is the rate limiting step for skilled migration to Australia as a Medical Laboratory Scientist http://www.aims.org.au/documents/item/88

Usually done in two stages:
A) Paper based assessment; you will submit your certificates and job references to AIMS for evaluation. At the end of this stage you will be classified as an MLT and invited to write the AIMS professional exams.
B) The AIMS professional exam takes place in March/September each year in several cities around the world. If are successful in this exams, then you are ready for STEP 4
For more info about this exam, course contents, sample questions or venues, please view this link: http://www.aims.org.au/services/aims-assessments/medical-laboratory-scientist

STEP 4
Submit an Expression of Interest on SKILLSELECT and receive an INVITE usually within 30 days

STEP 5
Apply for Visa, Do Medical & Police checks
STEP 6
Receive your Visa & Migrate
Depending on when you start, this process takes 12 - 18 months to conclude. See you in Australia
www.immi.gov.au
SkillSelect
www.immi.gov.au

hello house, i need help pls, am about to send my documents to AIMS for assessment, when i saw this post. my question is... Having gone through their website, i found out that the only exam location for Africa is in south Africa, DOES THIS MEAN I HAVE TO TRAVEL TO SOUTH AFRICA TO WRITE THE EXAM ONCE I GET A POSITIVE ASSESSMENT ? or is there another way?
i thought it was a matter of send all necessary document to AIMS, get a positive response, the proceed to EOI.. some one please help clarify my confusion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SUJYDEE(m): 10:09am On Jun 09, 2016
bellong:
@Tunai,

1. Why would you want to get the sponsorship of a state without planning to live there even for 6months.
I really don't know the consequences because it states that it is a moral obligation but if it is for 489, it is breach of visa conditions, deportation loading.

2. No fixed amount is being paid, it is rent assistance and family support allowance which is dependent on family income. All other support comes after two years of living here. You probably may have no need of the government handout if you get something doing on time.

3. Different strokes for different folks bro. I prefer that you come first, get a good place and the family can join you. Not good subjecting them to stress.

4. No other ways than submitting application. If you are lucky, good.

I want to ask if AUD 10,000 can be sufficient for family of 4 for like four months pending the time one will settle down and get something doing.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 10:16am On Jun 09, 2016
LezDiva:

hello house, i need help pls, am about to send my documents to AIMS for assessment, when i saw this post. my question is... Having gone through their website, i found out that the only exam location for Africa is in south Africa, DOES THIS MEAN I HAVE TO TRAVEL TO SOUTH AFRICA TO WRITE THE EXAM ONCE I GET A POSITIVE ASSESSMENT ? or is there another way?
i thought it was a matter of send all necessary document to AIMS, get a positive response, the proceed to EOI.. some one please help clarify my confusion

You will get positive assessment as an MLT but to get that of MLS, you must take the exam at any of the listed countries and pass. All the info is in their website.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oluwanifemitan(m): 10:44am On Jun 09, 2016
Good day,
am new here and i love all the tread here...

please i would like to know maybe i can get chance to work with 6month Australia visa and is there any way i can renew my visa there or i still have to come down to naija? thou am still around
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Teejah80: 12:24pm On Jun 09, 2016
@Oga bellong, my oga please I would like to add you to my contact in Australia,as northern territory nomination, can i pm you?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by malkinburg: 2:54pm On Jun 09, 2016
tyosho:
@bellong,

I'm asking on behalf of a friend.He studied chemical engineering for his Bsc and has Msc computer science.He has been in IT ever since(about 8years now)
Do you think his Msc computer science from Unilag is enough to get a positive assesment from ACS?

It will be easier to use the engineer route. I also have chemical engineering for undergrad and 10 plus experience in other roles. I did my assessment and got positive assesment as a chemical engineer despite this. I guess it depends on the quality of your CDR. Another advantage is the occupation ceiling never fills up so getting an invite is sharp sharp. I got invited with 60points just after one day of expressing my eoi. IT is too competitive

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Esty4eva: 3:01pm On Jun 09, 2016
Teejah80:
For anyone who is planning to use GT Master for vettasses, make sure you have enough naire in your Acct, I know they deducted 175k from my Acct for vettasses full assessment as at February this year.

@Teejah80 and others guru that have gone through the Vettasses assessment
1. do i need to calculate and meet the 60 point before applying for the assessment as i have not done my English Test

2. can i apply without claiming work experience, though i have 8 years work Experience as an Event Coordinator(Conference and Exhibition) and it is not in the Sol list rather in Csol and no state is sponsoring it now but i want to apply for another occupation that is in SOL so that i can apply for 189 visa instead of 190

3. In the Vettasses Document list they listed Employment evidence does it mean that for them to assess someone the person most have a work experience
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sammywemmy: 7:16pm On Jun 09, 2016
@malkinburg, need input from you. Was ur CDR fast track? If so, how many days did it take to get an outcome? What's the job outlook for chemical engineers(i graduated as one)? I assume u r already in. OZ.Thanks.

malkinburg:

It will be easier to use the engineer route. I also have chemical engineering for undergrad and 10 plus experience in other roles. I did my assessment and got positive assesment as a chemical engineer despite this. I guess it depends on the quality of your CDR. Another advantage is the occupation ceiling never fills up so getting an invite is sharp sharp. I got invited with 60points just after one day of expressing my eoi. IT is too competitive
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:55pm On Jun 09, 2016
@SUJYDEE,

Yes, $10AUD should but you will need to furnish your house too.
It also depends on where you choose to live because accommodation is crazily expensive in some areas.

Teejah80,

I don't live in Northern territory
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by malkinburg: 11:26pm On Jun 09, 2016
sammywemmy:
@malkinburg, need input from you. Was ur CDR fast track? If so, how many days did it take to get an outcome? What's the job outlook for chemical engineers(i graduated as one)? I assume u r already in. OZ.Thanks.

Yea I did fast track. I am in oz. Came in as a student in Feb2015. Just finished my masters in environmental engineering here in brizzy. As per job outlook, its based on your experience and interest. As of now oil and gas isn't booming, so most most related opportunities in that sector are quite difficult to come by. If you are flexible, you can switch to the. Environmental sphere like water & waste water treatment, process safety or remediation engineer as environmental regulation is taken seriously and there are lots of brownfields. However if you want to get into plant design & operation, u can run a 6months course in Perth to bolster your chances of getting a gig. If u still like book package, enough research opportunities dey. Overall, by Gods grace when you come u will nicely fit yourself in.

Asper my fast track, it took one week for first response. Afterwords I had to do some corrections and add more documentation. When I submitted, I was given positive assesment the same working day.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cecegal: 8:22am On Jun 10, 2016
Thank you so much for these very vital information.

malkinburg:

Yea I did fast track. I am in oz. Came in as a student in Feb2015. Just finished my masters in environmental engineering here in brizzy. As per job outlook, its based on your experience and interest. As of now oil and gas isn't booming, so most most related opportunities in that sector are quite difficult to come by. If you are flexible, you can switch to the. Environmental sphere like water & waste water treatment, process safety or remediation engineer as environmental regulation is taken seriously and there are lots of brownfields. However if you want to get into plant design & operation, u can run a 6months course in Perth to bolster your chances of getting a gig. If u still like book package, enough research opportunities dey. Overall, by Gods grace when you come u will nicely fit yourself in.

Asper my fast track, it took one week for first response. Afterwords I had to do some corrections and add more documentation. When I submitted, I was given positive assesment the same working day.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by humanshado: 9:43am On Jun 10, 2016
malkinburg:

Hey malkinburg. I'm interested in the 6months course in Perth. Could you tell me the name of the institution/organisation and possibly their website to check out the details. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sammywemmy: 11:13am On Jun 10, 2016
@malkinburg, thanks for the response. Pls tell me more about ur masters programme (surprised it is a yrs program),& also d 6 months program. I submitted my EA CDR June 1, I am expecting d response next week. Fast track. Thanks.
malkinburg:

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OmoAussie: 11:18am On Jun 10, 2016
Pls are there health facilities/hospitals assigned for Medicals or any govt hospital will do. Tnx
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yinlak: 3:42pm On Jun 10, 2016
Pls I need to pay 6300AUD for visa 189 application but the bank limit on web payment is making this difficult for me. Can anybody help? Only have 10days left before the invitation expires undecided
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OmoAussie: 4:40pm On Jun 10, 2016
@ yinlak
You can visit your bank if the limit could be increased!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by yinlak: 5:16pm On Jun 10, 2016
OmoAussie:
@ yinlak
You can visit your bank if the limit could be increased!

@Aussie,
I have done that and the request was only granted for naira transaction on local website. Any payment on international website involves dollars and this I was made to understand can't be shifted. For Gtbank, it's Max of 2000usd but I have about 4774usd to pay.
Seriously bothered, I wish I can get any Aussie to help out. undecided angry

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by humanshado: 5:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
yinlak:
Pls I need to pay 6300AUD for visa 189 application but the bank limit on web payment is making this difficult for me. Can anybody help? Only have 10days left before the invitation expires undecided

Try Dollar Debit Mastercard that is denominated in US Dollars but you will have to buy the Dollars from black market and pay into your domiciliary account.It has no spending limit. You can get it from most banks. I will suggest you contact GTBank as they are more reliable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by humanshado: 5:49pm On Jun 10, 2016
sammywemmy:
@malkinburg, thanks for the response. Pls tell me more about ur masters programme (surprised it is a yrs program),& also d 6 months program. I submitted my EA CDR June 1, I am expecting d response next week. Fast track. Thanks.

@sammywemmy.

Is your status on Engineers Australia still showing "Queued for Assessment" and it has passed 5 working days since you applied? If yes, then I suggest you cantact them to find out what is happening. I read cases in some other forums that the guys had to contact them and they got a response almost the next day or so.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nisi(m): 6:32pm On Jun 10, 2016
This two points are requirements for NT nomination pls my people, can u help me and explain what is expected in this two scenarios because I am stuck and time is of essence.
1, Evidence that you have undertaken detailed research into living and working in the NT that demonstrates you have a realistic knowledge of the environment you are planning on migrating to including climate, relocation costs, living expenses (for example, food, utilities, rent), and accommodation costs to settle in the NT. (This evidence should include a narrative explaining your reasons for wanting to migrate to the NT. Extracts from websites that are copied and pasted into your submission will not be accepted).
Question-what do they mean by evidence? How do I get about it?
2, A statement documenting your commitment to the NT. You must provide a Commitment to the NT Statement (no more than two pages) demonstrating your commitment to living and working in your skilled occupation (or a closely related skilled occupation) in the NT for a minimum of two (2) years from when the visa is granted. The statement should:
• Explain, in your own words, why you want to live in the NT.
• Explain how the NT lifestyle would suit your way of life more than that of any other city in Australia.
• Provide evidence that you have personally researched NT lifestyle, employment opportunities and attractions.
• Provide evidence that you have researched the availability of housing, cost of living (for example, rent, food, transport, utilities, etc) and that you have a realistic understanding of the costs involved upon arrival in the NT and while you seek employment.
• Provide evidence of your employability in the NT with your particular qualifications and employment experience.
Simply providing copied information from the internet or another source will not be considered sufficient evidence of your commitment to living in the NT and may be cause for refusa

Question-whats the difference between 1 & 2 and how do I get about this without quoting a website since am in naija.
Thanks
@bellong, NNBB2012, Scrollmeout, Johnsontade, Izykvision01, Crestline et al..Guys help me out.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 9:07pm On Jun 10, 2016
Has EA made any changes to regulations lately? Like accepting PTE in lieu or some other thing?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:44pm On Jun 10, 2016
@Nisi,

The evidence should be in writing. What they mean by not lifting website is that some just quite from webpage verbatim. Put it in your words, add that enquiries from friends encouraged you.

You can talk about the weather, it is a tropical area, you can say it is similar to what is obtainable in your country and with this, you wouldn't have issues with serious cold during winter.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.