Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1211707 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cecegal: 1:53pm On Jun 06, 2016
Oh i see,Thanks alot for the prompt response

bellong:
@Deesmom,

What's your qualifications?

@Cecegal,

It is good for your husband to be the principal applicant. Don't even bother about the customer service manager occupation, you can't meet the conditions imposed on it.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jidecool: 2:05pm On Jun 06, 2016
Hello Oga Bellong.

I can relate with Kinnkw. And need your advice. please analyse help to analyse the info below.

I have a degree in Engineering which is assessed by Engineers Australia ( standard assessment - 650 AUD). No experience. But i can claim 1 year NYSC as experience but not get point for this. Also I can nominate Engineering Technologist which cutoff is low and I may get ITA on time.

Q1.) What is the possibility of getting a positive assessment form this body. because in their migration skills assessment booklet i read that as part of the requirement of CDR i have to include 3 career episodes. How ca i write this without experience in this field or is undergraduate project and IT acceptable??

But

I have experience in another field

6 years Experience in Information Technology Assessed by ACS ( Assessment - 500 AUD). they lay emphasis on course studied being closely related to the course of study otherwise i loose all my point for experience and end up with 60 points ( that is if i get maximum point for English).

Q2.) What is the possibility of getting an ITA with 60 points if I nominate Computer Network and Systems Engineer.

It is all so confusing.

Thank you.

CC: Juke and Everyone that can help.

bellong:

Your CDR must be based on an expertise in your nominated occupation.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 7:29pm On Jun 06, 2016
jukeblam:

Scanned transcript is what you need, actually. You upload it to the EA portal by yourself.

Jukeblam sir, thanks. I'm getting there
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2016
Supposedly how long will be adequate for one to prepare for the IELTS exam?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by deesmom(f): 11:34pm On Jun 06, 2016
bellong:
@Deesmom,

What's your qualifications?

@Cecegal,

It is good for your husband to be the principal applicant. Don't even bother about the customer service manager occupation, you can't meet the conditions imposed on it.

Boss I have a B.A in English
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:19am On Jun 07, 2016
@Jidecool,

1. From what the engineers once shared, yes you can use your project, IT etc to write the episode.

2. Getting ITA depends on the number of people applying for the occupation and their scores. With many applicants, those with higher score get priority.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 9:28am On Jun 07, 2016
deesmom:

Boss I have a B.A in English

Can you look through both lists if you can find something that relates to your qualification?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jidecool: 10:02am On Jun 07, 2016
Thanks a lot. That is a relieve. you have completely put my mind at rest. I will nominate Engineering Technologist when the time come. The Info Tech field is too competitive. Now it is time to prepare for IELTS and PTE A ( or who knows maybe my IELTS result will be high enough) tongue.

Thanks once again.

bellong:
@Jidecool,

1. From what the engineers once shared, yes you can use your project, IT etc to write the episode.

2. Getting ITA depends on the number of people applying for the occupation and their scores. With many applicants, those with higher score get priority.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by tyosho: 10:14am On Jun 07, 2016
@bellong,

I'm asking on behalf of a friend.He studied chemical engineering for his Bsc and has Msc computer science.He has been in IT ever since(about 8years now)
Do you think his Msc computer science from Unilag is enough to get a positive assesment from ACS?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 10:22am On Jun 07, 2016
Good morning House,

Has anyone used vetassess Advisory services recently? Please how much did you pay in Naira and which bank did you use? I know it's 130aud

Can I submit all document online and also pay online too or my university need to forward my transcript

Someone should help me clarify this please.

Thank you all for your help.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lovetrust(m): 10:44am On Jun 07, 2016
@bellong or anyone else
My school mate needs help on this PR opportunity. See his profile below:
VISA 189
NAME COMPLETION DATE ========================================= HND IN COMPUTER SCIENCE = 2005 AGE = 32 WORK EXPERIENCE (8years) = Oct 2007 - Dec 2015 (computer network engineer)
PTE- A = IN VIEW ==========================================
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR EFFORTS.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:34pm On Jun 07, 2016
@tyosho,

He will have to submit both his BSc and MSc, I know with long years of experience, it can be used in lieu of qualification by deducting about 5years from the experience.
He should give it a trial.

@Utcheylee,

For advisory service, you do everything online including your transcript. It is the assessment proper that your school will have to send the transcript.

@Lovetrust,

His HND will not be assessed to be AQF Bachelor degree but with 8years of experience, he could get positive assessment through reduction in his years of experience. There is ICT technician on the list too, he has a fair chance of getting something to progress.

My opinion.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by utcheylee: 12:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
Thank but do you know how much banks will charge for interest rate and which bank charges cheaper?

I don't want to use my gtb card to pay

Pls help

quote author=bellong post=46353204]@tyosho,

He will have to submit both his BSc and MSc, I know with long years of experience, it can be used in lieu of qualification by deducting about 5years from the experience.
He should give it a trial.

@Utcheylee,

For advisory service, you do everything online including your transcript. It is the assessment proper that your school will have to send the transcript.

@Lovetrust,

His HND will not be assessed to be AQF Bachelor degree but with 8years of experience, he could get positive assessment through reduction in his years of experience. There is ICT technician on the list too, he has a fair chance of getting something to progress.

My opinion.[/quote]
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2016
^^^^^^^

I am sorry, I can't help you with that question.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by extraterestrial: 5:10pm On Jun 07, 2016
hi house, very insightful thread..thanks for all contributions. please advice me;

I am an external auditor with a BSc and Msc in accounting related fields, 2years experience in one of the big fours and am yet to get chartered with ICAN (3 diets to go), this is me hoping I pass all papers in one sitting. I haven't written any of the English exams yet but intend to. Going by what bellong said, that it will take 9months to complete the process I am considering starting this process so that by this time next year i will be done and dusted. can I go on even without being chartered or is it advisable i get chartered and bag one more year in experience before beginning. Also my partner is a doctor yet to start his residence, will it be faster if he applied or I applied? thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:36pm On Jun 07, 2016
@Extraterestrial,

Yes, you can start the process. 9months is an only indication but most times it is shorter.

You will have no point from experience but you can hit the 60point mark if you get the maximum score from English.

It is easier for you than your partner. For doctors, it is a very long process.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by scrollmeout(m): 1:21am On Jun 08, 2016
Hello house, pleased to arrive in Sydney with my family. Hope to register with Centrelink and Medicare tomorrow

11 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 6:10am On Jun 08, 2016
scrollmeout:
Hello house, pleased to arrive in Sydney with my family. Hope to register with Centrelink and Medicare tomorrow

Welcome.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by extraterestrial: 8:00am On Jun 08, 2016
ok great. thank you bellong..please those who have written the English test, which do you reckon is the easiest to pass lol and for the assessing bodies..for external auditor I saw there are three, do I pick just one of them or all have to assess me?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 8:04am On Jun 08, 2016
Thats great news...thank God for the safe trip.
scrollmeout:
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 8:07am On Jun 08, 2016
Y not nominate ur exact engineering qualification...like if u studied civil engineering u nominate civil engineering so that bad as e bad if ur given engineering technologist u take that one but at least u gave ur occupation a shot. because the competition for engineering technologist is very tight. my opinion.
jidecool:
Thanks a lot. That is a relieve. you have completely put my mind at rest. I will nominate Engineering Technologist when the time come. The Info Tech field is too competitive. Now it is time to prepare for IELTS and PTE A ( or who knows maybe my IELTS result will be high enough) tongue.

Thanks once again.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 8:31am On Jun 08, 2016
extraterestrial:
ok great. thank you bellong..please those who have written the English test, which do you reckon is the easiest to pass lol and for the assessing bodies..for external auditor I saw there are three, do I pick just one of them or all have to assess me?

None of the English exams is difficult. With little you have written, shows you have good command of the language, you can pass any of them and you are extraterrestrial, use your powers... cheesy

You can assess with any of the three.

Welcome Scrollmeout, you can call me.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bblessed: 9:15am On Jun 08, 2016
scrollmeout:

U are welcome,thank God for save trip and how is sydney

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 11:38am On Jun 08, 2016
Thank God for journey Mercies.
May the land yield you and your family members good fruits!

scrollmeout:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by giddyyayo: 12:34pm On Jun 08, 2016
scrollmeout:

Congrats, I am in the process of of submitting my EOI please I will need you to supply me with information on steps I need to take once I am granted PR Visa, do I need to look for a job while in nigeria or do I need to travel to australia before finding a job, and if I am travelling before getting a job, how much money do I need to fend for myself before landing a job and how long will it take to find a job?, your response will help me plan accurately. Thanx

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by giddyyayo: 12:49pm On Jun 08, 2016
bellong:
@Cecegal,

You have asked plenty questions... I hope I will be able to answer them.. cheesy

1. The oil field is in Western Australia and northern part of Queensland, he can consider more of Western Australia.

You will have to google the template as it differs for each state. Averagely 2 bedroom is about $250/week, groceries depends on where you shop. Abt $100/week or fortnight depending on how you eat, childcare btw $75-$120/day subsidized to 50-80% for PR holders depending on income, movie $20

2. His BSc is enough. BSc and MSc earn 15points, he can keep the MSc.

3. If you go to Engineer Australia's website, there's a template for the CDR there and all required documents are also listed.

4. What is your occupation?

5. If you can get points from work experience, it is good to add it.

Goodluck

Sir you are doing a good job by supplying important information and I will need your help as well, I am in the process of submitting my EOI please I will need you to supply me with information on steps I need to take once I am granted PR Visa, do I need to look for a job while in Nigeria or do I need to travel to Australia before finding a job, and if I am travelling before getting a job, how much money do I need to fend for myself before landing a job and how long will it take to find a job? as it will determine the money I need to save, your response will help me plan accurately. Thanx
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:17pm On Jun 08, 2016
^^^^^^^^ have you done your skills assessment?

Have you written English test?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lovetrust(m): 2:51pm On Jun 08, 2016
utcheylee:

@Lovetrust,

My opinion.

There is ICT technician on the list too, he has a fair chance of getting something to progress. in this case, should he proceed with the ACS assessment FEES payment??

thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by giddyyayo: 3:51pm On Jun 08, 2016
bellong:
^^^^^^^^ have you done your skills assessment?

Have you written English test?
I have submitted my documents to vetassess and they are processing it, My IELTS exams is scheduled for 25th of June, I am currently preparing for the test.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lovetrust(m): 3:57pm On Jun 08, 2016
I COULDN'T FIND ''ICT TECHNICIAN'' OCCUPATION ON THE SOL LIST.

WHERE CAN I FIND IT SIR?

THANKS
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by CM2003(m): 4:45pm On Jun 08, 2016
Hello Gurus in the house, am kinda new and i took my time to go through this thread from the beginning howver i have some questions on some grey areas for this PR matter.

i have a Bsc in Administration (HR Option)2006, have an MBA (Marketing) in 2012 and i have 8 years working experience in Bids management with a job title of Proposal Engineer. i checked through the SOL list but found nothing related to what i do or the qualifications i have but i found technical writer under CSOL only to discover that it is only Adelaide that can nominate me for the Technical writer and the snag there is that it is on yellow flag (special condition apply - 85points, on bench list etc conditions).

My people, what is my chance of PR with my qualifications as i would not want to waste AUS 810 for Skill assessment.

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by egariyi(f): 4:51pm On Jun 08, 2016
scrollmeout:

Congrats and thank God for journey mercies. Please how many days did the journey take from Lagos. Really wanna know please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.