Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,322 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! (212173 Views)

Visitors To America Will Surrender Social Media Accounts / Should I Go To America Or Forget About It? / Nigerian Appreciates Woman For The Visa To America She Granted Him 32 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Thatitan234(m): 5:39pm On Jun 04, 2016
omotech:
thank you I've seein it God bless you

Pls forward to habib4sucess@gmail.com . thanks a lot
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Truth234(m): 5:58pm On Jun 04, 2016
CFCman:
Its only in America that you'll find some sports anchors earn between $600,000 - $800,000 annually.

Charissa Thompson of Fox Sports earns a $600,000 yearly salary.
Rachel Nichols earns $700,000/year at CNN.

The political anchors even earn more. Megyn Kelly (Fox News) reportedly earns a $2 million salary shocked

ESPN Stephen A. Smith earn $2 million a year
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 04, 2016
Truth234:

ESPN Stephen A. Smith earn $2 million a year
OMG shocked

And a significant portion of his salary comes from subscription fees. In fact, I once read a report which stated that ESPN is the single most expensive channel by proportion of its share of subscription fees.

Michelle Beadle wasn't content with a $250,000 salary, so she moved to NBC that paid her $750,000. But she is now back with ESPN. I wonder if they gave a better deal than NBC.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Truth234(m): 6:11pm On Jun 04, 2016
CFCman:

OMG shocked

And a significant portion of his salary comes from subscription fees. In fact, I once read a report which stated that ESPN is the single most expensive channel by proportion of its share of subscription fees.

Michelle Beadle wasn't content with a $250,000 salary, so she moved to NBC that paid her $750,000. But she is now back with ESPN. I wonder if they gave a better deal than NBC.

ESPN always do that, if you hold value or doing better after you left. They will cut you a better deal, Stephen A. Smith got good deal because he has lot of black followers (subscribers). Imagine he is earning more than Skip Bayless, that have more experience. Until Bayless announce he will be leaving this year, now they want to cut him $5 million deal.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by macho44(m): 6:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
jwillng:

Thanks sir.

We must make Naija better. I am here to make money and secure Naija. Naija for Life!

Not as a student-I took the advice of a Nairalander and used his tips-so sort of a Seminar/Training in Yankee and wedding in Canada.
Bros a beg, I need serious tutorials from u ooooo. i wan make move like seriously oooo.

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by katily2(f): 9:11pm On Jun 04, 2016
Pls jwillng could u pls in d name of God sent d full report to catherinejohn247@gmail.com. Thanks and God bless u.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 04, 2016
Truth234:

ESPN always do that, if you hold value or doing better after you left. They will cut you a better deal, Stephen A. Smith got good deal because he has lot of black followers (subscribers). Imagine he is earning more than Skip Bayless, that have more experience. Until Bayless announce he will be leaving this year, now they want to cut him $5 million deal.

Skip Bayless and others must have driven the ratings up in order to get such deals.

I think Katie Couric is paid $8 million by Yahoo. At CBS, she was earning $16 million!!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Truth234(m): 9:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
CFCman:

Skip Bayless and others must have driven the ratings up in order to get such deals.

I think Katie Couric is paid $8 million by Yahoo. At CBS, she was earning $16 million!!

Yea, that deal was one of Marissa Mayer's biggest accomplishments. Hope it materialize before they boot her out.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by CXLVII: 9:58pm On Jun 04, 2016
jwillng:

Boss,

When ones six months visa validity expires, what next? I heard it implies that one is trapped in the US.

Also, Is one always required to walk around with passport as one can be accused to identify him/her self?

How tough is it getting a job without a work-permit.

Thanks in advance
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by dammit4u(m): 10:39am On Jun 05, 2016
dammit4u:
@jwilling, pls I been dey queue since for da report: damilare2010@yahoo.com

reading ur post dey ginger my thought, God bless you

pls can anyone help out with the report.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Originalsly: 4:54pm On Jun 05, 2016
CXLVII:

Boss,

When ones six months visa validity expires, what next? I heard it implies that one is trapped in the US.

Also, Is one always required to walk around with passport as one can be accused to identify him/her self?

How tough is it getting a job without a work-permit.

Thanks in advance
From what I know....it would be you have overstayed and that would be red flagged in trying to return to the US even before the visa expiry date. Trapped...no.... you can leave the US whenever you want... just that you wouldn't be returning. Some choose to remain and become trapped. On walking with passport. ..yes.... by law you should always have a photo ID present. What if you are stopped by law enforcement because you fit the description of some ehmm... baby rapist?...or drive by shooter?...think they would be listening while you explain who you are?
It is very difficult getting a job as a citizen.....as a Permanent Resident who would have job permit...so guess what would be your chances without a job permit? Even jobs that you consider low level are difficult to get.... depends on which state. ..certain jobs are dominated by certain groups.....e.g farm related jobs... selling vegetables...Mexicans...nationwide. Construction...Whites...Italians. Very difficult to get in any job as an outsider. ..easier if you network.... know a lot of people and let them know you are looking for a job.... inside connection is more fruitful....now do you know many people? Get the drift? Always good to look before you leap....smart guy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Priceless200(f): 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2016
jwillng:
Job Opportunities for Nigerians.

I have met Nigerians who are making good headway in many areas-some as salary earners-others as wage earners.

1) Airline employees: Not necessarily as a pilot or air hostess-but jobs at the airport. I met a guy who works with Delta airline as luggage handler or something.Part of the benefits is free/discounted plane tickets.

2) Nurses/Nursing Assistants/Registered Nurses

3) Taxi Drivers. Many Nigerians in this area-say they like it-as they can make money and daily. Though its tough in some areas. Uber is seriously changing the business though.

4) Landscapping Business: A guy I met earns close to $4000 as his salary a month handling various properties. Lawn care during summer-snow removal in winter. He started part time handling his neighbours lawns. He turned it into business -getting dozens of contracts-some long term. He now has employees

5) Contractors: Most contractors I have seen around seem to be white. But I met a Nigerian -who has his own contract business and builds houses for people. The average house he builds is about $300,000. Im not sure-what his profit ratio is-but he is living very very well. His own house is a wonder to behold in the midst of most American houses that look alike.

6) I have also meet a several educators-teachers and University Professor. Was suprised-as I thought their accent would prevent such jobs-but no-they are thriving as teachers. Some of them are even tenured (meaning they can never be sacked).

7) A lot of Nigerians start as workers in nursing homes caring for the old and invalid. The pay is good-though the work is hard. I met a Nigerian who has his own nursing home. He has over 20 workers (mostly Africans) and even employs RNs. The USA medicad and health system ensures that such businesses can make millions of dollars as government and the insurance take care of many elderly and sick people.

cool Many Nigerians start with entry level jobs. Many work at stores like Walmart and some at production companies. The pay starts from like $9 to $12 per hour. Also saw many at Mcdonalds and fast food joints. Pay here is very low-but for most its a starting point. Was talking to a Mexican manager of a Mcdonalds and discovered that his a boss is a Nigerian. The Nigerian started as a worker and after his degree-the owner (who also owns several Mcdonalds) -made him is overall Manager.

9) IT and Computer. Meet a Nigerian who came here on student visa. He is now an IT Manager -with a Fortune 500 company.

What of the oil and gas sector in America. Does it mean Nigerians dot work there, or its not open to foreigners or its not as lucrative or in demand... Please I wanna know.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by maternal: 7:15pm On Jun 05, 2016
diva90:
Well analyzed and written! That's America in summary but you must also let people know that life is not particularly easy in the US! If you are financially secure in nigeria, then I see no reason why the US would ever be such a big deal! I would pick nigeria anyday, I just feel like our government needs to do a lot more!

Not true at all.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Ayus34(m): 7:39am On Jun 06, 2016
jwillng:

I dont enough yet...but I know what I need to make the money I need. I have been twice now-but I researched for over two years. I sold property and borrowed money to travel-I could not afford to gamble-no trial and error. I must say I learnt a lot from the Travel section of Nairaland and many kind nairalanders. Some of them have had trial and error for 10 years-it helped me to learn from them.

I knew exactly what I needed to do-so that when I first landed -it was straight to business....
Please can u mail me ur whatsapp number? Will like to have a chat with u plz
Pauldavid2001@gmail.com.

Thanks
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by CXLVII: 4:24pm On Jun 06, 2016
Originalsly:
From what I know....it would be you have overstayed and that would be red flagged in trying to return to the US even before the visa expiry date. Trapped...no.... you can leave the US whenever you want... just that you wouldn't be returning. Some choose to remain and become trapped. On walking with passport. ..yes.... by law you should always have a photo ID present. What if you are stopped by law enforcement because you fit the description of some ehmm... baby rapist?...or drive by shooter?...think they would be listening while you explain who you are?
It is very difficult getting a job as a citizen.....as a Permanent Resident who would have job permit...so guess what would be your chances without a job permit? Even jobs that you consider low level are difficult to get.... depends on which state. ..certain jobs are dominated by certain groups.....e.g farm related jobs... selling vegetables...Mexicans...nationwide. Construction...Whites...Italians. Very difficult to get in any job as an outsider. ..easier if you network.... know a lot of people and let them know you are looking for a job.... inside connection is more fruitful....now do you know many people? Get the drift? Always good to look before you leap....smart guy!

Thanks a lot for taking your time to explain in details. So I can conclude that with good hustle, one can get a job without a permit

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by meisterkitan(m): 6:40pm On Jun 06, 2016
jwillng:
A library I visited. Built about 40 years ago-at a cost of of $800k-an expansion is built close by for about 23 Million dollars. This got me thinking $23 Million for a library-after building one 40 years before for $800k-definitely means the community and government has seen the benefits of having a library. I also learnt that community meetings were called before the County embarked on the new expansion. If Nigeria is to get to where we need to be, we must rapidly acquire knowledge. In my entire life in Nigeria, aside from University and secondary school-I only went to a public library twice. These libraries I have visited here in the USA are filled with old and young.
. If we build libraries in Nigeria , i trust our nigerian girls to discover another selfie picture taking spots grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by maternal: 7:20pm On Jun 06, 2016
CXLVII:

Thanks a lot for taking your time to explain in details. So I can conclude that with good hustle, one can get a job without a permit

You'll only get the low level jobs nobody wants. And you'll stay there until one day immigration comes and picks you up.
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by moneybag100: 4:31am On Jun 07, 2016
maternal:

You'll only get the low level jobs nobody wants. And you'll stay there until one day immigration comes and picks you up.
Or until one day he gets his green card, you forgot to add that lol.
Nairaland people sha, Nawa o.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by peter1994(m): 6:10pm On Jun 09, 2016
hapi evening guys.

@ omotech,, jwillng or anyone. Pls kindly forward me the report @ peteredimeh@gmail.com

Tnx
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by egariyi(f): 11:25am On Jun 10, 2016
Pls forward me a copy also pchuks76@gmail.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by DaSugarBoi(m): 12:04pm On Jun 10, 2016
Pls forward to me too : kazeem_damola@yahoo.co.uk
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Evalily(f): 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2016
nice one
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Rexceedo: 2:22pm On Jun 10, 2016
Please kindly forward it to Chistevalrexceedo@gmail.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by vickertony(m): 7:29pm On Jun 10, 2016
i have this dream one day, just one day i will achieve! it just like op

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by cubicc: 1:52pm On Jun 11, 2016
please boss forward it to my mail box vikkivibe@yahoo.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by yattybanana(m): 8:27pm On Jun 11, 2016
Thatitan234:

Pls forward to habib4sucess@gmail.com . thanks a lot
copy me too, paulinaadegoke1@gmail.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by sunneroman: 7:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
I'm interested too sunshinesam009@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by rasheed329(m): 3:57am On Jun 16, 2016
Please can u mail me ur whatsapp number? Will like to have a chat with u plz or any of ur contacts I can reach u with and also the report pls I need it urgently.. aliurasheed09@gmail.com
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by abduldope(m): 6:06am On Jun 17, 2016
jwillng:

Sorry.

Please check your mail. I have replied everyone. Will send again now.
ablamars@gmail.com God bless ur Hustle
Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by Caleycash(m): 11:04am On Jun 17, 2016
moneybag100:
Or until one day he gets his green card, you forgot to add that lol. Nairaland people sha, Nawa o.
dont mind the hypocritical idiots

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! by niphemey: 6:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
jwillng :
Sorry.
Please check your mail. I have replied everyone. Will
send again now.

Baba Jwillng abeg I need the report too. megabravos@yahoo.co.uk. God bless your hustle bro.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (38) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.