Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading (31762 Views)

Guys: Work Hard And Be Comfortable Before Having A Serious Relationship. / Should A Married Woman Seek Her Husband's Consent Before She Cuts Her Hair???? / Sexual Consent Form That Went Berserk On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Medley(m): 6:56pm On Apr 18, 2016
It has been the season of signs - various green lights that indicate that one is craving to have carnal knowledge of one another. I would have let the thread go without this counter-thread, but i think the importance of this thread at this time can't be underlooked or superfluous.

It will be egregious if we want to always depend on demeanours and gesture of a partner and not his/her consent before wanting to sleep with him/her.
These are why i posit so:

1. A sweater may be just the right answer.

This reason might sound funny, but give me the chance to corroborate my point. Most ladies whether they tell you or not,want guys to always treat them with tender care and not some point and sex creatures or sex symbol. Yes she came to your house, it was raining and she set-off by calling you that she is coming under the cold weather and all over your heart you think she want sex and that's why she called and she is now with you all alone. She may just want to wait somewhere until the rain stop or she just might have not had some talk time with you and that time just seem perfect. When she is in your house and she said she is cold, may be you giving her a sweater or blanket might be all she wanted.

2. She came and demanded alcohol.

She has never demanded for alcohol and this time she came and she is on her third bottle and you have concluded she want to sleep with you, this can be misconstruable! Have you asked her how she spent her day? What events have transpired in recent times? You may be preying on her vulnerability at that moment all in the name of thinking she wants to have carnal knowledge with you.
If you have sex with her and she leaves for her home you haven't solved her problems and she will know what is more important to you in the relationship.

3. He/she apriori asked his/her freind to leave the room.

And so what? Most of the time i live the room of my friends if their lady friend come visiting except what am doing there can't be done else where. next time if his/her friends live the room, it might be because they think you need your space and the guy/lady may even want sometime with you unencumbered so you could have a stronger relationship. sex can and will never make two partners be more bonded than time spent together.

4. He/she demanded you don't bring your friend(s)

In every relationship trust must be built, he/she might want to know if at the relationship life-cycle you currently are if you now truly trust each other, if you misconstrue it for sex appeal only for him/her to feel disrespected when you try to push, you may have succeeded in killing that relationship.

5. She came in with short and revealing wear and she lay her hands on you.

Yes! As indicating as it seems, the sign alone may not be what you should rely on. First, what stage of the relationship are you on. She may seem to look sensual in her outlook but have you asked what she want in her heart. Have you known her so well to know how she dresses in the day and night? What if she went somewhere and was locked out? What if she was feeling so hot inside that day she visited and decideded to dress that way.

If you don't seek the consent of anyone before trying to sleep with him/her you may find yourself battling a case of sexual assault when this was done uncosciously - one of you was not consenting. Or you may even be embarrassed if he/she is still weighing options or path to be taking in the relationship.
Relying on signs has been major reason why rape cases are growing by the day.

If you have more reasons why one should not rely upon signs please let's know

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by thesicilian: 7:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
Signs can be very misleading. Its better to be called a ''Jew'' or ''mugu'' than to betray someone's trust, or worse still, battle cases of sexual assault.
Even consent itself is not a guarantee, not to talk of going without it. A lady who has given you consent may turn round days, weeks or even years later and say she was forced.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Medley(m): 7:23pm On Apr 18, 2016
lalasticlala, seun can this thread be moved to front page cos the other thread it counters are major causes of sexual assault.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Vinshu(f): 7:52pm On Apr 18, 2016
Very true.

Guys think all the time a lady wànts to have sex.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by osesology(m): 8:23pm On Apr 18, 2016
You are right sha, but everything you wrote up there can also be a clear sign of sexual invitation, so I'll say it goes both ways.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by englishmart(m): 11:03pm On Apr 18, 2016
OK. So?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by BE811APP: 11:05pm On Apr 18, 2016
Dis is like d 3rd or 4th tread about d signs/signals about sex..

Is there no better topic to talk about.. Just sex sex sex shocked shocked shocked

Btwn, If u have a steady relationship.. do u really need all dis signs and signals..
when is supposed to flow..

Lots of kids on NL sha angry

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by truthspeaks: 11:05pm On Apr 18, 2016
OK but how does d sign n consent give us fuel now? ...next productive info on front page pls...

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by rawtouch: 11:05pm On Apr 18, 2016
if u don't buy a ticket you don't win the lottery

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by tammie24: 11:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
Abeg it's better to avoid as much as possible giving the wrong impression cos not everybody think like you

The world is no more the way it use to be.
Most guys think with their joy stick and not with their head

Just avoid!
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by HopeAlive14(m): 11:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
Flee fornication!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Aristotle96(m): 11:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
Vinshu:
Very true.

Guys think all the time a lady wànts to have sex.
my dear if u do all those signs its obvious u want to have sex o... Don't mind the Op he is trying to mislead people with his misleading topic grin

As for no.1 That's why it's called weather for 2 wen it's raining grin If she demands for sweater then give her sweater(s) cheesy

I have landed cool

13 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by hobermener: 11:06pm On Apr 18, 2016
After taking you on a shopping spree, and spending my hard earned cash on you, you still expect me to seek your consent before smashing the punna
Op abeg shift before I slap you angry

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by ziggy3579: 11:07pm On Apr 18, 2016
Naa so so sex talk dis days, we wey be virgins nko grin

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by CaroLyner(f): 11:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
give your life to christ

16 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Usjimy(m): 11:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
I yaf hear.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
tongue
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by kirchofff(m): 11:08pm On Apr 18, 2016
_Fuck tha _shit.........I won't watch all those signs pass me by....I repeat, f_uck dah _shit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Dojupyo(f): 11:09pm On Apr 18, 2016
Lol. una no go tire for lists and signs.. #tosynetoomuch# where are thou?
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by maxwell767(m): 11:09pm On Apr 18, 2016
Mtcheewwww... undecided
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Spanner4(m): 11:10pm On Apr 18, 2016
Nice write up ,

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by goingape: 11:11pm On Apr 18, 2016
everything is sex now!
this generation of vipers.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 18, 2016
If you're waiting for consent from a nigerian girl, my brother you'd have a better chance of securing a blind date with Beyonce than having sex with the girl before she attains menopause.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by refiner(f): 11:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
undecided
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by mysticgal(f): 11:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
M400 see post that validates your claim
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Adekorya: 11:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
Thrash
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Lasveg(m): 11:12pm On Apr 18, 2016
L
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Lasveg(m): 11:14pm On Apr 18, 2016
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by OCTAVO: 11:14pm On Apr 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by VickyRotex(f): 11:15pm On Apr 18, 2016
Be like sey I miss road. undecided
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by winkmart: 11:15pm On Apr 18, 2016
cool
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by akpur1(m): 11:16pm On Apr 18, 2016
Forget what this guy is saying. When she gives better network I connect with 4G grin shocked kiss

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Decently Tell A Guy You Are In Love With Him - Nairalander Needs Advice. / 6 Signs Your V Agina Is In Serious Danger (red Alert) / Ladies: 7 Ways To Tell If A Guy No Longer Fancies You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.