Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,763 members, 7,831,450 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading (31773 Views)

Guys: Work Hard And Be Comfortable Before Having A Serious Relationship. / Should A Married Woman Seek Her Husband's Consent Before She Cuts Her Hair???? / Sexual Consent Form That Went Berserk On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by kachnov(m): 6:08am On Apr 19, 2016
Cool...
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by PHINAS2016(m): 6:20am On Apr 19, 2016
the first time my gf wanted to sleep she said she wanted to sleep on my lap, after some time she asked if i would not kiss her and touch her... Was this not a sign she needed sex . When these signs are written all over her know it right she needs something
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by menxer: 6:25am On Apr 19, 2016
Na wa ooo

Action, they say, speaks louder than words.

I rest my case.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 19, 2016
Contrary to most research.... Women think more about sex than men, they most frequently associate tenderness to sex!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Kbworld: 6:28am On Apr 19, 2016
@op he b like say u no dey naija, na oyinbo talk b dis. u can't change d way we tink or do tins. Na green light b dos tins u counter so for naija

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by amunekeuto: 6:34am On Apr 19, 2016
osesology:
You are right sha, but everything you wrote up there can also be a clear sign of sexual invitation, so I'll say it goes both ways.
i am yet to run into the lady or girl who wuold just tell a man "come and do me".

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Immarocks(f): 6:44am On Apr 19, 2016
Reading dis write up....I remember the story our priest shared on Sunday...we all know d story any way,he told us of a pastor who didn't want to celebrate his birthday youth of his church decided to give him a surprise birthday one of the girls called to tell him she's sick n needs him to come n pray for her.wen he came he saw her in a towel n told him with all smiles that shes OK now.he came in n started having all sort of misleading thoughts that he has suffered n sex starve himself let him just do it dis once..since he can always pray n ask for forgiveness. his dirty mind told him to UnCloth n wait for her he did so n low n behold other youth started coming out of d room singing happy birthday to him..they were surprise seeing him naked wen they asked y he is naked in his shame n confusion told them that the room is hot....lolzzzzz....sometimes we read negative meaning to pples action n words am sure it has happened to everybody at a point we should always be cautious in responding to pples action or words n be sure of d other persons intention for reacting. we may loose sometimes important or our reputation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by ababanwoke(m): 6:51am On Apr 19, 2016
mysticgal:

A former thread that talked about things ladies do to show sexual intentions which was more of generalisation. So this thread disputes some of the facts. That's all
Has it ever occurred to you that this thread might be over generalized too. As for me both thread don't reflect the mind set of all ladies. Signs, body languages etc are misleading most times.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Luckygurl(f): 6:51am On Apr 19, 2016
englishmart:
OK. So?

LMFAO @ your siggy grin grin
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by olaomoola1(m): 7:14am On Apr 19, 2016
Y will find ourselves in dis tight corner is That deceit is d other of d day. A lady who want sex will not want to split it out straight to u thinking u will not respect her again and she don't want to loose her regards even if she is desperate for it. Guys too cause it after every thing we will form a caucus and b molesting ladies verbally and believe me No lady want to b an object of ridicule.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Barigaboy(m): 7:15am On Apr 19, 2016
Your Post is Positive n Negative. These are some clear signs that your partner want sex but it might not be attributable to everyone cos sometimes we might be wrong. If u wanna stick to d above u might not no when your partner needs u. My rule is always attempt when I suspect she needs me n if she says no. I free her n let her feel at home. Sex is not food

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Medley(m): 7:16am On Apr 19, 2016
Immarocks:
Reading dis write up....I remember the story our priest shared on Sunday...we all know d story any way,he told us of a pastor who didn't want to celebrate his birthday youth of his church decided to give him a surprise birthday one of the girls called to tell him she's sick n needs him to come n pray for her.wen he came he saw her in a towel n told him with all smiles that shes OK now.he came in n started having all sort of misleading thoughts that he has suffered n sex starve himself let him just do it dis once..since he can always pray n ask for forgiveness. his dirty mind told him to UnCloth n wait for her he did so n low n behold other youth started coming out of d room singing happy birthday to him..they were surprise seeing him naked wen they asked y he is naked in his shame n confusion told them that the room is hot....lolzzzzz....sometimes we read negative meaning to pples action n words am sure it has happened to everybody at a point we should always be cautious in responding to pples action or words n be sure of d other persons intention for reacting. we may loose sometimes important or our reputation.

like seriously, is this a true life story? The pastor must have been soaked in shame!
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by teemy(m): 7:39am On Apr 19, 2016
just get married and you won't need all the paparazzi of reading signs. if you are in the mood then simply say so to your spouse. that is your abode of legal expression.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Eddodoh(m): 7:41am On Apr 19, 2016
herbie27:
Op is right, most guys the second you tell them you feel like seeing them, they will jst conclude you want sex grin can't you have a nice time wit your gf in your house and nt touch her?.
Ladies are confused species because If d guy sit back & not make any move, you go out telling your friends how dull he is and most ladies may end d relationship.

Most ladies who want to be laid don't have the boldness to say they want sex so will the guy sit back and watch her like TV?
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by thesicilian: 7:46am On Apr 19, 2016
Bloggz74:

Boss so which do we believe? Maybe angels sent by God will speak to us before we move. #moreconfusedafterthetrash
Its still safer to ask & receive consent before you proceed. Or like the doctors will tell you, abstinence is the best option
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by thesicilian: 7:49am On Apr 19, 2016
stubbornman:

it will be a stale news by then

Any girl can get up one day & say you forced her, especially when you're now very rich & influential. And you know the nature of our people - they'll readily believe any female over a male.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by stubbornman(m): 8:04am On Apr 19, 2016
thesicilian:

Any girl can get up one day & say you forced her, especially when you're now very rich & influential. And you know the nature of our people - they'll readily believe any female over a male.
I'll demand for the year it took place..and tell her to goan rest....

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by thesicilian: 8:08am On Apr 19, 2016
stubbornman:
I'll demand for the year it took place..and tell her to goan rest....
lol
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Donfaray(m): 8:11am On Apr 19, 2016
Op is a first class graduate of friend zoning university of Nigeria.....

Ayaf spoken...

Ngwa byeeeeeeee grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by monex(m): 8:18am On Apr 19, 2016
herbie27:
Op is right, most guys the second you tell them you feel like seeing them, they will jst conclude you want sex grin can't you have a nice time wit your gf in your house and nt touch her?.
true but what i find more surprising is a girl telling me I am a jewman and should have seen her signs.

If consent is not verbal then I cant have sex with you. If I ask you and you are silent, I also take it to be a no and would cease to initiate any advance. Yeah I know it can be awkward and stupid on my part but better be stupid than having a rape allegation on your head.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by moneymissroad(f): 8:23am On Apr 19, 2016
Vinshu:
Very true.

Guys think all the time a lady wànts to have sex.
dats very true my dear
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by mysticgal(f): 8:41am On Apr 19, 2016
ababanwoke:

Has it ever occurred to you that this thread might be over generalized too. As for me both thread don't reflect the mind set of all ladies. Signs, body languages etc are misleading most times.
Maybe tongue
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by ugooo88(m): 9:44am On Apr 19, 2016
what do u mean by consent? "may I xx you?" "yes u may." what exactly?
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2016
You don't need signs and bla bla to have sex, when I want it I tell bae, vise versa. So no shit really. And sometimes it just happened without signs.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by ababanwoke(m): 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
mysticgal:
Maybe tongue
mysticgal:
Maybe tongue
And?
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by mrZENographer: 2:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
thesicilian:
Signs can be very misleading. Its better to be called a ''Jew'' or ''mugu'' than to betray someone's trust, or worse still, battle cases of sexual assault.
Even consent itself is not a guarantee, not to talk of going without it. A lady who has given you consent may turn round days, weeks or even years later and say she was forced.

How can u compare jews with a mugu. its you're family's name u should compare/equate with the mugus'. As for d jews they are d seed of Abraham and are evidently blessed.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by thesicilian: 3:18pm On Apr 19, 2016
mrZENographer:

How can u compare jews with a mugu. its you're family's name u should compare/equate with the mugus'. As for d jews they are d seed of Abraham and are evidently blessed.
Na wah for you o, oga zainab, make you take am easy! The way you dey para self, one would think you're an actual Israelite.
I don't know the origin, but the term 'Jew' is a very popular slang on the street for someone who's not a 'sharp guy'. It has no bearing to the Jewish people.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Medley(m): 4:02pm On Apr 19, 2016
PHINAS2016:
the first time my gf wanted to sleep she said she wanted to sleep on my lap, after some time she asked if i would not kiss her and touch her... Was this not a sign she needed sex . When these signs are written all over her know it right she needs something

look at what you typed - you said she asked you. Isn't that consent. But try as much as possible to avoid pre-marital sex.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by Medley(m): 4:09pm On Apr 19, 2016
Donfaray:
Op is a first class graduate of friend zoning university of Nigeria.....

Ayaf spoken...

Ngwa byeeeeeeee grin

long time no see! You must be the guy that we studied the friendship 210 together. That course was very tough!
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by HARDDON: 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
MarieSucre:

What do you mean I can do better? Do some men not decide to take a different drink on some occasions? Why do women have to have an ulterior motive to do that? Is everything fvck-sign to you guys?

U wud agree with me that decent gurls only drink with their guys, not some one she just went to visit when she knows her judgment can be greatly impaired and she can be taken advantage of.
The only reason she wud in this case is that she wants to be beyond her self so she can relax n njoy it and not feel d guilt of probably cheating on her guy.
It is on record that wen women drink, they feel like ...... u wudnt deny that
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by MarieSucre(f): 5:16pm On Apr 19, 2016
HARDDON:

U wud agree with me that decent gurls only drink with their guys, not some one she just went to visit when she knows her judgment can be greatly impaired and she can be taken advantage of.
The only reason she wud in this case is that she wants to be beyond her self so she can relax n njoy it and not feel d guilt of probably cheating on her guy.
It is on record that wen women drink, they feel like ...... u wudnt deny that

This is bullshit. Women don't drink alcohol because she wantsbto have sex. She drinks it because she wants to. Simple. Later you will say she eat indomie in your house because she want to have sex. She chew chewing gum because she want to kiss you. She lick peppermint because she want to give you Mouth Action.
Re: Reasons Why Relying On Signs And Not Consent Before Having Sex Can Be Misleading by HARDDON: 7:41pm On Apr 19, 2016
MarieSucre:

This is bullshit. Women don't drink alcohol because she wantsbto have sex. She drinks it because she wants to. Simple. Later you will say she eat indomie in your house because she want to have sex. She chew chewing gum because she want to kiss you. She lick peppermint because she want to give you Mouth Action.

Arrh woman, u weak my limps....
For a start, I should correct d notion, aint one of your regular guys..... and been with wit yours truly is always a privilege THEY all appreciate
#fact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'How Sexual Harassment Is Normalised In Secondary Schools' - Lady / Temmie Ovwasa: I Don't Want To Have A Child Because Of Hererophobia (Video) / Urgent: How To Deal With An Unrequited Love ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.