Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,032 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State (40653 Views)

Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) / List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget / Okorocha Has Failed: Present Condition Of Roads In Owerri(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 19, 2016
Oh dear god
What sort of nonsense is this on a good night.
Why did you have to spoil my appetite?

Do people really live in this shithole?

I bet my shithile looks better than this.

*throws up*

Anyway, I blame APC and Yoruba.. They are jealous of great city of aba thats why they are posting fake pictures everywhere. Divide and rule mentality grin
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by betterABIAstate: 10:50pm On Apr 19, 2016
Stylz69:
Hmmm...I didn't know that Aba was in such a deplorable state. However I have good news for Abians and in the coming days/weeks/ months you may get to hear of it. You will have an opportunity to live in a modern city with every amenity you can think of. I was part of a group of investors and we met with your governor this evening in Abuja. We are proposing to build an new city between Aba and Umuahia... it is a 580 hectare development in Nsulu and it will be world class with all infrastructure plus hotel, parks, fire station, a golf course and all the works. I would like to get some feedback from Abians here. Is this a welcome project and would you live here if completed?
wow, please can you tell us more about it?
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 19, 2016
obyrich:
Why won't Lagos change? How many federal projects were cited in Aba in past 16 years as compared to Lagos
Which infrastructural project by the federal government is to be sited in Aba this year by the present government.

Please even a blind man will refute this ur argument. I grew up and lived in lagos all my life and i can categorically tell you that lagos changed massively since democracy started. From around 2002 till the years of fashola, there was massive infrastuctural development in almost all local government areas, to the point you dont even recognize some areas. FACT!!!! Please theres no sugarcoating here. Lagos has had good governance for the most part. Not everywhere is perfect or even good, but there was a lot of change.

Whether the governors stole out of the money is another issue cos i dont trust any politician. But u need to stop this federal govt crap, federal govt left since 1993, yet lagos in 1998 and lagos now are 2 different places. B4 they even left sef the major infrastructure development, since the 70's (yes 70's) was IBB's 3rd mainland bridge, raji rasaki destroying maroko and marwa planting some dustbins. All those things were already looking dilapitated by 1999. There was also a lot of rivers and valleys for streets, overflowing garbage on all major express roads. I never even saw any new infrastucture around in my young lifetime then, until tinubu started interlocking the major roads on the island. Everything just always looked the way they always looked.

You can say that lagos is populated and therefore rich, compared to other states, so has more money to spend on infrastructure. That is a more credible argument but the federal govt hasnt done anything there since they left. You can take a look at abuja, in case ur wondering where they were spending money. They are even owing lagos govt money. Truth is all state govs are accountable for the condition of their states now, there are really no excuses.

4 Likes

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by futurenix(m): 10:52pm On Apr 19, 2016
All photos there are just from Portharcourt road in Aba and probably her street.

Sorry I have so much on my plate than taking pictures but if the op is so bent on saying nothing has changed she should bring pictures of any one of the roads I listed and post here. Aba is not just Portharcourt road, in fact Portharcourt is not actually regarded as the hub/town by the occupants but 80% of the roads I listed.

Aba's problem is drainage which is what the OP's brother is trying to achieve.

diegwu01:

What is this one saying?, instead of you to sympathize with the OP for having a Horrible time going through the horrific experience, you are here listing roads without evidence,
The OP has taken pains to post pictures of almost 75% of the Major roads in ABA, including the Ariaria International Mall, you are here listing fictitious / non existent roads.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by eyesofgod: 10:52pm On Apr 19, 2016
obyrich:
Why won't Lagos change? How many federal projects were cited in Aba in past 16 years as compared to Lagos
Which infrastructural project by the federal government is to be sited in Aba this year by the present government.

Why sweat over challenges of othe regions when your land is receding into oblivion. Abia will progress only when their citizens demand for good governance from their leaders as Anambrarians have been doing.

3 Likes

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Ginimere: 10:53pm On Apr 19, 2016
Oluku ojoor! Iga ato na mba
omenka:
iPod Yoot, neither Omenka nor Benue is your problem. Neither Omenka nor Benue state government created this thread. Neither did they turn Aba into a big ol piggery.

Post pictures of Ortom's balls for all I care, it is not going to fix Aba.

Like I said earlier, face the op. You are simply barking at your reflection in the mirror buddie.

I'm very sure I'm responsible for the post below as well. What a hypnotised fellow.

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 19, 2016
betterABIAstate:
maybe, its of no use to me, the important thing is that he intended showing bad places.

The truth of the matter is that there are bad places everywhere in nigeria. Dts just the fact. Only a fool would say otherwise. This is a 3rd world country filled with poverty & bad leaders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by obyrich(m): 10:54pm On Apr 19, 2016
eyesofgod:

You are lucky to have made it alive from that hell hole. Seriously, Aba should be turned to a national dump site and the inhabitants relocated but must be after decontamination.
I think otherwise. Only a few years ago, Anambra state was worse than Aba in terms of dilapidated road infrastructure. It took determination and visionary leadership to change their story. Same will be said of Abia State soon. Together we can lift Abia to an enviable status.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by betterABIAstate: 10:55pm On Apr 19, 2016
janellemonae:

The truth of the matter is that there are bad places everywhere in nigeria. Dts just the fact. Only a fool would say otherwise. This is a 3rd world country filled with poverty & bad leaders.
oh, thanks, even in abuja, you will see worse places.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Stylz69(m): 10:57pm On Apr 19, 2016
betterABIAstate:
You are probably aware that your state has a PPP Public Private Partnership office headed by Mr. Austin Ufomba. We worked closely with him to bring this project to reality. We were in Abia two weeks ago to see the site which is massive...and today we met your governor who is passionate to see this project realised. Like I said, it is not an estate, it is a city. It will be managed privately so you are certain it will be a city that works. All infrastructure provided...I cannot give you more details now but in the coming days I may open a thread to showcase progress. We have contacted a team of foreign town planners to come up with a masterplan. Start saving because in 3-5 years you can buy into this city.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Stylz69(m): 10:59pm On Apr 19, 2016
betterABIAstate:
I will start a thread to showcase this project and fill you in with all you need to know. It will become a reality so start saving up
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by obyrich(m): 11:00pm On Apr 19, 2016
eyesofgod:

Why sweat over challenges of othe regions when your land is receding into oblivion. Abia will progress only when their citizens demand for good governance from their leaders as Anambrarians have been doing.
It was Ngige who sacrificed greed to shine the light with which Anambrarians see through the tick fog of governance in their state not their demand. Abia is lucky to have OVI who is focused on delivering good governance. In time our story will change. Mark my word.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by betterABIAstate: 11:01pm On Apr 19, 2016
Stylz69:

You are probably aware that your state has a PPP Public Private Partnership office headed by Mr. Austin Ufomba. We worked closely with him to bring this project to reality. We were in Abia two weeks ago to see the site which is massive...and today we met your governor who is passionate to see this project realised. Like I said, it is not an estate, it is a city. It will be managed privately so you are certain it will be a city that works. All infrastructure provided...I cannot give you more details now but in the coming days I may open a thread to showcase progress. We have contacted a team of foreign town planners to come up with a masterplan. Start saving because in 3-5 years you can buy into this city.
good, please do open a thread about it and don't forget to tag me, I really need o invest in real estate and with pace of development around aba axis, landed properties are going to be goldmines in the nearest future.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by betterABIAstate: 11:03pm On Apr 19, 2016
Stylz69:

I will start a thread to showcase this project and fill you in with all you need to know. It will become a reality so start saving up
if I don't invest in abia, where else will I invest?
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by beGOOD4aba(m): 11:09pm On Apr 19, 2016
People can say what they like but we that reside and do business in Aba know what d hell we have been facing in terms of infrastructural decay and d attendant consequences as a business environment

1 Like

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by obyrich(m): 11:10pm On Apr 19, 2016
Stylz69:
Hmmm...I didn't know that Aba was in such a deplorable state. However I have good news for Abians and in the coming days/weeks/ months you may get to hear of it. You will have an opportunity to live in a modern city with every amenity you can think of. I was part of a group of investors and we met with your governor this evening in Abuja. We are proposing to build an new city between Aba and Umuahia... it is a 580 hectare development in Nsulu and it will be world class with all infrastructure plus hotel, parks, fire station, a golf course and all the works. I would like to get some feedback from Abians here. Is this a welcome project and would you live here if completed?
Is it a welcome development? YES.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by beGOOD4aba(m): 11:12pm On Apr 19, 2016
MetaHuman:
Oh dear god
What sort of nonsense is this on a good night.
Why did you have to spoil my appetite?

Do people really live in this shithole?

I bet my shithile looks better than this.

*throws up*

Anyway, I blame APC and Yoruba.. They are jealous of great city of aba thats why they are posting fake pictures everywhere. Divide and rule mentality grin
Rubbish than the whole asepa trash put together
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 19, 2016
-
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by compoundC: 11:15pm On Apr 19, 2016
shocked

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by obyrich(m): 11:15pm On Apr 19, 2016
janellemonae:

Please even a blind man will refute this ur argument. I grew up and lived in lagos all my life and i can categorically tell you that lagos changed massively since democracy started. From around 2002 till the years of fashola, there was massive infrastuctural development in almost all local government areas, to the point you dont even recognize some areas. FACT!!!! Please theres no sugarcoating here. Lagos has had good governance for the most part. Not everywhere is perfect or even good, but there was a lot of change.

Whether the governors stole out of the money is another issue cos i dont trust any politician. But u need to stop this federal govt crap, federal govt left since 1993, yet lagos in 1998 and lagos now are 2 different places. B4 they even left sef the major infrastructure development, since the 70's (yes 70's) was IBB's 3rd mainland bridge, raji rasaki destroying maroko and marwa planting some dustbins. All those things were already looking dilapitated by 1999. There was also a lot of rivers and valleys for streets, overflowing garbage on all major express roads. I never even saw any new infrastucture around in my young lifetime then, until tinubu started interlocking the major roads on the island. Everything just always looked the way they always looked.

You can say that lagos is populated and therefore rich, compared to other states, so has more money to spend on infrastructure. That is a more credible argument but the federal govt hasnt done anything there since they left. You can take a look at abuja, in case ur wondering where they were spending money. They are even owing lagos govt money. Truth is all state govs are accountable for the condition of their states now, there are really no excuses.
The latest project by the Federal government cited in Lagos is the light rail project which is one of the investment portfolios which Buhari 'attached' in his last trip to China last week. It is worth over 2bn USD! How many such is cited in Aba?
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by chukel(m): 11:24pm On Apr 19, 2016
Aba roads are not good but I think op is out for mischief. All the pics posted by OP are just 1 road- port Harcourt Road.

1 Like

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by DestinyCHILD1: 11:29pm On Apr 19, 2016
The OP is 100% right with all the pictures she posted!! My visit to Aba last month was horrible...I keep on changing location just to get a better place to hang around. The roads are all messed up, & if it rains....chaiiii!!! embarassed Aba residents are really suffering!

3 Likes

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by eyesofgod: 11:38pm On Apr 19, 2016
obyrich:
It was Ngige who sacrificed greed to shine the light with which Anambrarians see through the tick fog of governance in their state not their demand. Abia is lucky to have OVI who is focused on delivering good governance. In time our story will change. Mark my word.

I doff my hat for you at the bolded. Truly, Ngige was the tourch bearer for the transformation of Anambra state. He wasn't alone, though. Even with the over bearing attitude of the Ubas over the legislators, Ngige still got the support of some of them hence the house was unable to impeach him. Ngige's performance opened the eyes of Anambrarians to the good things a good leader can do for his people. This cemented his love relationship with them. From then till date, the citizens have ceased to see government as an extension of their private business.
I joined you in prayer for your dream to come true

1 Like

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 19, 2016
obyrich:
The latest project by the Federal government cited in Lagos is the light rail project which is one of the investment portfolios which Buhari 'attached' in his last trip to China last week. It is worth over 2bn USD! How many such is cited in Aba?

Dt is not a federal government project, contrary to popular belief peddled around. Its a state project. It was reconceived by tinubu, after jakande first thought of it in the 80's. They broke ground under fasholas regime. It was neither 'cited', funded nor planned by d federal govt. You can read about it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos_Rail_Mass_Transit

As per the funding, it was a loan from the world bank, you can read up on that here:
http://venturesafrica.com/eyebrows-raised-over-stalled-1bn-light-rail-project-in-lagos/

Ambode had been having problems and talking about plans to resource its funding here:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/light-rail-lagos-shops-for-fresh-funding-package/

This buhari chinese funding dt they finally got, which ur talking about, is still between the state govt and the chinese. Ogun state negotiated an industrial park. Other states negotiated funding for different projects. Even nigerian companies negotiated contracts with the chinese. The point is the lagos rail is not a buhari-FG project. Its state owned and whatever liability is on it, will be paid by the state, not the FG.

1 Like

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by ayzTIGER: 11:53pm On Apr 19, 2016
I want orjis head on a spike
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by sukkot: 12:05am On Apr 20, 2016
ipad youf living in the dark ages. structurally speaking that is. no wonder them niggaz stay mad all the time grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Ojiofor: 12:15am On Apr 20, 2016
Can anything good come out from Ochendo?
Ndi Abia tried to avoid TA Orji part 2 unfortunately here we are with Ikpeazu.

1 Like

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Fyno: 1:13am On Apr 20, 2016
Ariaria international market

1 Like

Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by semitunde: 1:21am On Apr 20, 2016
I can see chino's foot print all over this thread. From the start (op) to the finish.
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by FanYogo1(f): 1:23am On Apr 20, 2016
sukkot:
ipad youf living in the dark ages. structurally speaking that is. no wonder them niggaz stay mad all the time grin cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: Present Condition Of Roads In Aba Abia State by Fyno: 1:51am On Apr 20, 2016
I was disappointed with Aba as per infrastructure as I went to get some stuffs from ariaria MKT..imagine coming from uyo,you ask yourself 'does this kind of place still exist after 16 years of democracy in an oil producing country? It looks scary and keeps getting worst.
Imagine faulks road today

This is only one portion,there are like 10 different portions that are very bad,some are totally divided that you even get tired of taking pics

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerians React As #ChangeBeginsWith Me Trends On Twitter / Dino Melaye 'unresponsive' As He Is Stretchered Into Hospital (VIDEO) / Momment Peter Obi Clapped To Kashim Shettima's Economic Plan (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.